Mendoza Inn Reviews

Aristides Villanueva 470, Mendoza, Argentina

It's run down. I woke up in the middle of my first night with chewing gum in my clean sheets. Sheets are stained and threadbare. Basic amenities need updating. It is cleaner than it first appears. The communal toilet was cleaner than the female bathroom. There are much nicer hostels around for the same price. Staff were lovely and lots of parties.

This hostel was really great, awesome location, lots of information and discounts for tours. There's a nice communal area with lots of seating and a nice pool outside. The only downside was that there was one shower and 2 toilets for 4 dorms to share, so you had to be in quick in the morning! I would stay again, and would definitely recommend :)

I was very disappointed with this hostel. They overbooked my room for 5 nights so I had to move on the 3rd night to a room with no electricity so had to get ready in the dark and shower in pitch black. I complained so they moved me. The hostel is old and run down so looks dirty. The kitchen isn't very good with poor equipment. Breakfast was awful dry stale bread. The bathroom was falling apart and felt dirty. The Internet was good. And the staff were amazing. But it's in a noisy area.

Staff was really friendly and helpful. Located on the bar street and close to the big park which was a nice place to run. During my stay it was quite quiet and I was told that it was suppose to be a busy place so that was a bummer, but it always depends on when you go. Could definitely recommend Mendoza Inn.

I loved the hostel, its location is excellent . It has many common areas to meet people. The staff very attentive. I want to come back. Super recommended

• 15th Oct 2015

Great location, good breakfast. Is a good place to have fun and know Mendoza. They offer greats excursions.

Nice enough old school hostel but needs a little updating. 4 bed rooms with 'private' showers are not worth the premium, stick to a 6 bed shared bath. The beds were not the best, small and had a major slope so felt like I was going to fall off. Old time music tends to be played at all times regardless of the number of people in the hostel, no quiet areas from which to recover from the great local tours or travel to the hostel. Sa-fa.

My friends and I loved Mendoza Inn! The staff was very friendly and helpful. They got us great deals on lots of activities nearby and worked around our schedule and preferences. The downstairs area is great for hanging out and meeting other travelers. The one downside is that there are only 2 bathrooms, only one with a shower, meaning we often had to wait to use the bathroom. But the awesome staff made up for this. Also, they have the BEST, fresh medialunas in the morning- we're obsessed!

Really friendly hostel right in the mix with all the bars but with a busy nightlife all within the hostel. Staff were incredibly good and friendly. Room and facilities were a bit basic but did the job. Pool sat empty even though it was warm for me as an Englishman!

The location was a little bit further out from the main plaza and it was low season the hostel was very quiet- but they offer great tours which I would definitely recommend!

Great location. Very quiet during our stay, hardly anyone else there unfortunately as there was a very good social/common area. No safe in room.

The staff were friendly and despite being a quiet atmosphere, as it was low season, I had a good time here. It was easy to book tours through the hostel.

The atmosphere was fantastic, and the staff (Martin and Santiago) were very friendly and helpful. It was a great weekend! We went wine tasting, went to the hotsprings and horsebackriding. Booking our excursion was soo easy. We had a great timee.

• 8th Aug 2015

It was a good dorm with a private bathroom, hot shower, and lockers. I just wish the bathroom had less mold, that made it a bit creepy to shower because I was trying to avoid it. Also, just a cultural thing... Argentinian dorm mates START to get ready to go out for the night (hair dryer, lights, yelling, and music) at 12:30-1 am. So if you sleep during that time, just get a single. The single room I switched to was fine. Location is near bars/restaurants but not much that Mendoza is known for.

Excellente stay. Good price, clean, super friendly staff. Excellent location on Villanueva.

Fantastic energy, vibe and staff at this hostel. Staff was very attentive. Drinks, ping pong, fireplace, kitchen, great location.

absolutely loved this hostel. I was easily able to book a few extra nights due to the border closing. the staff are great and can pretty much help with anything, and there is such a great social atmosphere. highly recommend

It was not my first time at this hostel and definetely it won't be my last time. I really love this place :) The hostel has been improved lately, It is notorious the will of their owners for giving us an enjoyable and warm staying. I love this hostel!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

hi, thanks for you words. Hope to see you soon

Great hostel. Has everything you need. Fire is fantastic.

After being out in the Chilly Andes winter, this is a really pleasant and cosy place to come back to. Lots of common area room and a FIRE PLACE. So lovely. Staff really tried their best but also weren't the partying type (which was good for me). They were more into good food and good conversation. :)