Mendoza Inn Reviews

Aristides Villanueva 470, Mendoza, Argentina

The rating is too high for this hostel. Great pool, good common areas, nice staff, good location. But.. Shower had no shower head, floor always wet. 1 bathroom for 14-16 people (upstairs). My top bunk wobbled extremely. Rooms a little small. Ran out of beer (only 1 night fortunately). Not many power points. P.s. I've been to nearly 20 hostels in South America and haven't had to write a review as they are all pretty good. But this is not a 7 to 8 rating hostel. 6 to 6.5.

The staff were very helpful and friendly, location was great and in amongst bars and restaurants, the kitchen was well equipped and clean. The major drawback is only a couple of bathrooms for everyone to share, and toilets were in shower so a bit of a wait at times. Also note if you book a twin room, this is a very small room with a bunk bed, not two single beds. The photos suggest a bar/night life in the hostel, but the bar didn't open during our stay.

Really well run hostel which is just a bit run down and in need of new bathrooms (there arent too many of these either!). Staff were really welcoming and knew plenty about activities in the area. All in all a good place to stay.

I loved this Hostel! The people you meet are just awsome and the whole location creates a great atmophere. Out on the streets there are bars and restaurants everywhere. The staff is very friendly and relaxed and they offer a lot of activities for the day. Of course the rooms aren't that special. There aren't enough bathrooms for so many people and the beds are rather uncomfortable. But anyway, it's a great place to stay!

After a rainy night electricity and water suply was cut in all hostel for a few hours. Thus many inconvinienced about that. Atmosphere and common aread are nice but room are so-so :-)

Staff were amazingly helpful. Great set up with the bar and outdoor area, although I felt the pool was a bit small. We stayed in the twin room near the kitchen, it could definitely use a fan. Also it flooded on two occassions with all the heavy rain. luckily we had our stuff off the floor or it could have been really bad.

Great location near the bars. Very friendly and helpful staff. Really chill, open environment.

It's run down. I woke up in the middle of my first night with chewing gum in my clean sheets. Sheets are stained and threadbare. Basic amenities need updating. It is cleaner than it first appears. The communal toilet was cleaner than the female bathroom. There are much nicer hostels around for the same price. Staff were lovely and lots of parties.

This hostel was really great, awesome location, lots of information and discounts for tours. There's a nice communal area with lots of seating and a nice pool outside. The only downside was that there was one shower and 2 toilets for 4 dorms to share, so you had to be in quick in the morning! I would stay again, and would definitely recommend :)

I was very disappointed with this hostel. They overbooked my room for 5 nights so I had to move on the 3rd night to a room with no electricity so had to get ready in the dark and shower in pitch black. I complained so they moved me. The hostel is old and run down so looks dirty. The kitchen isn't very good with poor equipment. Breakfast was awful dry stale bread. The bathroom was falling apart and felt dirty. The Internet was good. And the staff were amazing. But it's in a noisy area.

We were disappointed with this hostel - the pictures made it look fantastic however there was very little atmosphere and the bar was never open! We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and the room was very small. There was only 1 bathroom upstairs which was ridiculous considering the size of the hostel. The shower water always spilled to the floor and remained wet for the whole day. The 'pool' was also out of order. The upside would be the tours that they offer - lots of choice and great companies.

Staff was really friendly and helpful. Located on the bar street and close to the big park which was a nice place to run. During my stay it was quite quiet and I was told that it was suppose to be a busy place so that was a bummer, but it always depends on when you go. Could definitely recommend Mendoza Inn.

I loved the hostel, its location is excellent . It has many common areas to meet people. The staff very attentive. I want to come back. Super recommended

• 15th Oct 2015

Great location, good breakfast. Is a good place to have fun and know Mendoza. They offer greats excursions.

Nice enough old school hostel but needs a little updating. 4 bed rooms with 'private' showers are not worth the premium, stick to a 6 bed shared bath. The beds were not the best, small and had a major slope so felt like I was going to fall off. Old time music tends to be played at all times regardless of the number of people in the hostel, no quiet areas from which to recover from the great local tours or travel to the hostel. Sa-fa.

My friends and I loved Mendoza Inn! The staff was very friendly and helpful. They got us great deals on lots of activities nearby and worked around our schedule and preferences. The downstairs area is great for hanging out and meeting other travelers. The one downside is that there are only 2 bathrooms, only one with a shower, meaning we often had to wait to use the bathroom. But the awesome staff made up for this. Also, they have the BEST, fresh medialunas in the morning- we're obsessed!

Really friendly hostel right in the mix with all the bars but with a busy nightlife all within the hostel. Staff were incredibly good and friendly. Room and facilities were a bit basic but did the job. Pool sat empty even though it was warm for me as an Englishman!

The location was a little bit further out from the main plaza and it was low season the hostel was very quiet- but they offer great tours which I would definitely recommend!

Great location. Very quiet during our stay, hardly anyone else there unfortunately as there was a very good social/common area. No safe in room.

The staff were friendly and despite being a quiet atmosphere, as it was low season, I had a good time here. It was easy to book tours through the hostel.