Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

Our at Meramees hostel was quite the experience! They offered us ariport pickup for 10 USD which was a lifesaver! And Mohammed checked us in to a 5 bedroom dorm with recommendations for each of our 3 days here and they arranged for a private driver for each of our activities for a reasonable price. The hostel is well located above the hectic city traffic with security guard! Watch out for locals and stay with these guys!

Nothing was wrong necessarily with this hostel, it just was nothing like what was portrayed on the internet. Arrived to it at night from the airport and I thought I was in a horror movie. Homeless person sleeps by the lift and the front desk spoke very little English.

Rooms are grand and comfortable with clean beds. The location is advantage if you are dependent on Public transport of metro and Bus station. Since this is located in 5th floor you cannot call lift to take you down and they have to provide this service as it will only take you up from ground floor. If you walk down through the stairs, all the steps are dirty with Smoke stubs and other stuff. They can improve the speed of the water showers in the bath rooms as they are very slow.

Helpful and friendly staff, helped with taxi to airport.

The hostel was average, the facilities were older, and the atmosphere wasn't much. But the staff was very nice and they did great job setting up a Nile cruise which was very nice. All in it was a decent place.

can't be better, helpful staff ,clean and cool room, even the cat is so much lovely.thank u , this place worth to live longer and enjoy your Cairo time

For this solo packer, Meremes was huge find! I had a private room w/ bath blocks from Tahrir Square - at a great rate. The young staff was more than helpful in getting my Egyptian adventure started. Ahmed showed me around the 'hood on my first night and there were a handful of other travelers to exchange stories with. This place is exactly what an awesome hostel should be: Cheap, clean, helpful and fun.

Great hostel! really helpful with walking directions and helping plan out day activities. Even in low season were gracious and excited about our trip. Hostel comes with breakfast of tea, bread and jam. Nice common area and great location! Definitely a reason why its the top hostel in the area!

It was my first time in Cairo and the staff at Meramees hotel were great. This is a hotel I would recommend to others. Thanks for making time in Cairo memorable.

• 29th Jun 2015