Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

great hostel, fine atmosphere. they helped me in all my Egypt schedule, booked hotels in other cities, taxi for stations, driver for the attractions, buses, everything! just make sure to improve your bargain skills before coming, Egypt asks for it!

Mohamed and the staff were all excellent help during my stay. I would definitely recommend this hostel for its location and value for money. Only a few minutes from the Egyptian museum.

Wonderful stay, perfect location and very easy to want around Cairo. Arranged through the hostel a trip to Giza to the pyramids, couldn't have been better. My driver the hostel provided took me everywhere and was very knowledgable about the area, he also took me for shishaw and falafel when we got back to cairo.

Thanks guys for evrything this hostel was amazing they did i lot for us and we felt just like home me and my girlfriend! I dont have anything bad to say about my stay in meramees ... Cairo would not be the same without the staff and the good vibe meramees bring in this place! I recommend 100% the hostel ..... No pressure for guide tours they were with us from the first minute in the airport till the last one at the train station before we left for alexandria seriously thanks for evrything!

The staff were both very honest and helpful. WE trusted them to arrange our onward journey in Egypt and they did a great job. Everything they promised happened just as they promised and every time they said there would be someone to meet us, there was. Well done guys...you are trustworthy in a country where it is easy to get ripped off.

This hostel is amazing! They do airport pick up in addition to providing a driver to any place you need. Also other excursions that you can purchase (nights in the dessert with Bedouins, Luxor/Aswan). Breakfast is simple, but the location is so central that there are restaurants all around. The hostel is in the heart of downtown and the metro is just 3 blocks away. But what really makes this place great is the STAFF! Thank you Ahmed, Hadeer, Samir, and Migo for taking care of us!! Stay here!!

This is the only place to stay in Cairo! The staff are amazing and they'll do everything to make your stay a great experience. Don't hesitate to book here! Thanks Meramees!

Great find! If you're looking to take a bit of the hassle out of travelling in Egypt then these guys can really help you out. Whether it be with a late night airport pickup and avoiding hundreds of people screaming "taxi", or sorting your travels to all the sites. Close to everything, clean, free breakfast, free Wifi, cant complain about a thing. Thanks again Ahmed, Samir, and Hadel for the hospitality and the wicked trip around such a beautiful country!

• 30th Oct 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Walking distance to the museum. Breakfast included.

I traveled to Egypt for a week and I was lucky enough to book my stay at Meramees hostel. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.. They helped me organized my trip which led me to see more sights and familiarize with the area. I was also very happy with the facility, it’s very clean. The Airport pickup service was great, the driver was at the airport on time both ways. Thank you for Meramees hostel!

I'm very pleased with my stay. Mohamed and the rest of the staff were very helpful. I ended up changing my entire itinerary for the better based on the trip Mohamed arranged for me. His brother even brought me to the train station where he accompanied me onto the train and got me my seat. That station is very chaotic so I was extremely thankful! 1 criticism: the hostel I stayed in for 1 night in Luxor (part of the package) was old, dingy, and in an area I didn't feel so comfortable in.

The hostel is definitely worth it. Great location, amazing staff. Everyone was really helpful and makes your stay in Cairo very pleasant and easy! We were really happy with our choice.

Staying in this hostel is just awesome. Good price, quality, more than helpful staff, located in the center of Cairo's downtown, It's so close to metro station.. many restaurants and cafe are around fro excellent prices and quality.. the rooms are always clean and the wi-fi is available in all the floors. The reception team is just nice and so welcoming and tries hard to makes things so easy for you - totally recommended

This is a great hostel, right in the heart of Cairo, with nearly everything in walking distance. It's great value for money, with clean, air-conned rooms. You are well looked after, with the staff happy to help and advise. There's no pushing for tours or excursions, which is really nice, and there's a nice communal area to chat with other guests. I had a slight problem with a younger member of staff, but the response from the management was excellent; they really made sure I had a good stay.

• 23rd Aug 2014

I loved this place! The owner, Mohamed, is the best! I had no idea what to do for 3 days and Mohamed gave me a list of what I should do; he helped me book everything. My spontaneous trip was all planned out within 24 hrs right before my eyes! Mohamed goes above and beyond with the explanations and tries to really help his guests because you can see he cares. The staff tries to make you feel comfortable and safe as well. Location is close to the Egyptian Museum and the Facilities are clean.

Thank you soo much Vivian, you are the best, we will wait to see you one more time.

Hostel was ok and stuff was ok, but theres one thing I didnt like. I used their poslat service (paid them with cash) and NEVER got my postcards! perhaps its not their fault, but Im very disappointed with this act. so, dont use their postal service!!!

The staff is so friendly and welcoming. They'll help you book EVERYTHING (tours, trains, etc) to get a fair price. They'll even take you out for a night on the town for a true local experience. The rooms are large and comfortable with hot water and AC. My fiance and I loved this hostel and can't wait to stay at Meramees again when we go back to Cairo!