Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

Helpful and friendly staff, helped with taxi to airport.

The hostel was average, the facilities were older, and the atmosphere wasn't much. But the staff was very nice and they did great job setting up a Nile cruise which was very nice. All in it was a decent place.

can't be better, helpful staff ,clean and cool room, even the cat is so much lovely.thank u , this place worth to live longer and enjoy your Cairo time

For this solo packer, Meremes was huge find! I had a private room w/ bath blocks from Tahrir Square - at a great rate. The young staff was more than helpful in getting my Egyptian adventure started. Ahmed showed me around the 'hood on my first night and there were a handful of other travelers to exchange stories with. This place is exactly what an awesome hostel should be: Cheap, clean, helpful and fun.

Great hostel! really helpful with walking directions and helping plan out day activities. Even in low season were gracious and excited about our trip. Hostel comes with breakfast of tea, bread and jam. Nice common area and great location! Definitely a reason why its the top hostel in the area!

It was my first time in Cairo and the staff at Meramees hotel were great. This is a hotel I would recommend to others. Thanks for making time in Cairo memorable.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Somalia

Excellent cost and offer all that a backpacker needs.

Very well locaed, cool on hot Caro days and friendly staff. My only complaint one staff member (with glasses) tried discouraging me from taking metro to Pyramid. He told me I couldn't do it because I didnt speak Arabic. One of the many unscrupulous attempts to take my money however what bothered me was his unwillingness to help when I insisted I would take the metro despite his (misleading) advice.

I had an awful experience in Cairo and the hostel I stayed at was almost entirely to blame. Do not sign up for the "tours" they organise. We did the tour to Alexandria and were driven around and dropped off without information about the sites. The hostel later told us it was our fault for not asking for a guide. I later spent the evening being yelled at in the hostel by the "tour driver" with the manager laughing in the background. Rude staff (with exceptions) and horrible atmosphere.

It's a really nice place to stay! I definitely recommended!

Very good time I´ve passed in this hostel,The staff is amazing,very fun and helpful. Good location to the Egyptian Museum.

This hostel has a great value for money. They picked me up from the airport for reasonable price and even though I arrived late at night, they put me in a nice private room to take a rest before they organized a tour for me the next day. Two weeks later again I slept there, but this time in a dorm room for two nights and it was great. Spacious room, clean, A/C, really comfortable. Breakfast is really good and the staff super helpful and friendly, especially Migo. I would highly recommend them.

The hostel staff were very helpful with tips & directions, even wrote down all the steps to take on the subway system without asking! the hostel is a little hard to find, i would recommend they make a giant sign or have a sandwich board out front! but the hostel was very close to the subway system & museum. the breakfast could be better (its just a hot dog bun with jam/cheese and a egg) and i also did not like how they said they would not serve it before 8 am even if you were going on a tour.

Feel like home. Staff are very friendly and helpful in providing information for sightseeing, experiencing local life and arranging transportation.

• 20th Apr 2015