Meramees Hostel

Superb 904 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 904 Total Reviews

16th Jun 2017

Great hostel in downtown Cairo.

11th Jun 2017
8.0

The staff was great! I loved that they have their own drivers which you can hire. It was really nice to have a balcony which overlooked streets. The location is good because its walking distance to several stores and restaurants. The building is not very nice or clean but my room (I got a private) was very, very clean and good sized. The common area was cool, it had a TV and balcony which was nice. Bathrooms were also decent. Only thing is that its located RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a mosque.

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
11th Jun 2017
7.7

We only stayed one night. It was okay for the night (a double private room). We didn't get to check the breakfast but the person at the desk was very kind. Watch out if you're claustrophobic or afraid of elevators for lots and lots of stairs.

• USA, Male, 31-40
7th Jun 2017

Loved this place! Great friendly staff and an awesome location!

• USA, Male, 25-30
6th Jun 2017

Exactly what I hoped for. Awesome room had more than was advertised, might even call it luxurious. Beautiful old building right in downtown Cairo, so close to the cool stuff. 5 minute walk to the museum. Nice common room and little balcony, and all totally secure. Security cameras have every angle on the front. Migu was nice and helpful, they know the good deals at the nice spots. Ended up staying longer, would definitely stay here again, glad I booked this with hostelworld so I could review!

• USA, Male, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

Great staff and very close to the center of the city, the room and bathrooms were clean and made up for us when we arrived, really accommodating and helpful staff that helped us find where we needed to go and gave us great advice against the tourist traps and all for an amazingly price, would absolutely stay again

• Brazil, Female, 31-40
2nd Jun 2017

Very velana and comfortable hostel, very helpful and courteous staff. The tours to the pyramids and Luxor arranged by hostel were great too. Everything was at Meramees from the start. I highly recommend :)

31st May 2017

Really glad to have stayed 4 times at this hostel (Luxor, Aswan, Herghuda and Alexandria in between). The staff is welcoming, understanding and professional. 24/24 reception. The common room is spacious, good beds, clean linen, fridge and a/c at the rooms. Thank you guys!

• RyanJ15
  • USA, All Male Group, 18-24
27th May 2017

Couldn't have picked a better a hostel to stay in in Cairo. All of the staff made it feel like a home far away from home, especially Migo! There airport pickup service is great. They can also arrange great tours of things around the area with awesome trustworthy people who speak great English. The rooms are spacious and the air conditioning is as good as it gets. The location is very convenient and never did I once feel unsafe. I'm glad I chose to spend my time in Cairo at the Meramees hostel!

• USA, Male, 25-30
21st May 2017
3.4

The shower was clogged and room was a bit dirty. The 3day tour was the worst thing I ever experienced in my life. All three of us got food poisoning and were unhappy with the trip. Will never be back to Egypt and will warn!