9.2
Superb 751 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 751 Total Reviews
Meramees Hostel Located at 32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, , Cairo.
Egypt
Cairo 32 Sabri Abou Alam Street
92% 751
30.0472904 31.2388944
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

I strongly recommend Meramees Hostel. They have excellent rooms with great AC and reliable internet. Nice Location in Cairo, it's central to everything you need. I traveled for three weeks in Egypt and did a few tours through Meramees. I had a great time! I had no problems or issues with safety. Egypt is a great place to come for Holiday!

1st Aug 2016

Booking with Meramees was the BEST DECISION we made when visiting Cairo. Mohammed, the owner, got us a tour to Abu Simble, Aswan, Luxor, and Cairo via train. The price was fair and everything was taken care of. We felt completely safe the whole time. He even went out of his way to get back some of our money because we were unsatisfied with a part of the tour. Meramees did everything they could to make sure that we were happy in the end. I highly recommend staying here!

• France, Female, 41+
8th Jun 2016

Good, central, sheap and best

2nd Jun 2016

Fantastic hostel, located right near the museum and other attractions. People are extremely friendly and helpful, great air conditioning. They provide you with bread and juice for breakfast. The last night I was there I needed to get to the Cairo Train Station at night. The guy in charge took a taxi with me and waited 1 hour with me at the station to make sure I got on my train, amazing customer service. Would definitely recommend!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
19th May 2016

An overall really pleasent stay at the Meramees hostel. They were more then helpful when I emailed to move my stay from the 19th to the 26th and accommodated the request promptly. The rooms are spacious, and clean with both a ceiling fan and air-con. The location is right by plenty of shops and food. It is also steps away from the Egyptian museums. I would definitely recommend it for your first, second or millionth visit to Cairo.

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
18th May 2016

Great place to stay at in Cairo. very handy to the Egyptian museum. Staff were very helpful and accommodating

13th May 2016
7.1

Food kept getting stolen

• Australia, Female, 25-30
13th May 2016
7.7

The staff at Meramees are very friendly and welcoming, and most helpful. The hostel building is quite old but I found it quaint and charming in a way. Bathrooms and bedrooms are clean, neat and tidy. My only issue would be a lack of lock up storage within the shared dorms and the building/all floors are easily accessible by anyone off the street.

• Brazil, Male, 18-24
12th May 2016

Excellent Hostel. Located at walking distance to the Cairo Museum, exchange of money possible in the hostel, staff very helpful and friendly, big room, kitchen available. We had a very pleasant experience indeed, and the price is also excellent!

30th Apr 2016

This is a great hostel. The location is excellent for exploring downtown and seeing the Egypt Museum. The staff are really what make this place. They are very friendly and helpful. They will help arrange anything you need from seeing the pyramids to going to the south or the desert. The staff are also fun just to hangout with and talk to. I would stay here again.