Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

Staying in this hostel is just awesome. Good price, quality, more than helpful staff, located in the center of Cairo's downtown, It's so close to metro station.. many restaurants and cafe are around fro excellent prices and quality.. the rooms are always clean and the wi-fi is available in all the floors. The reception team is just nice and so welcoming and tries hard to makes things so easy for you - totally recommended

This is a great hostel, right in the heart of Cairo, with nearly everything in walking distance. It's great value for money, with clean, air-conned rooms. You are well looked after, with the staff happy to help and advise. There's no pushing for tours or excursions, which is really nice, and there's a nice communal area to chat with other guests. I had a slight problem with a younger member of staff, but the response from the management was excellent; they really made sure I had a good stay.

• 23rd Aug 2014

I loved this place! The owner, Mohamed, is the best! I had no idea what to do for 3 days and Mohamed gave me a list of what I should do; he helped me book everything. My spontaneous trip was all planned out within 24 hrs right before my eyes! Mohamed goes above and beyond with the explanations and tries to really help his guests because you can see he cares. The staff tries to make you feel comfortable and safe as well. Location is close to the Egyptian Museum and the Facilities are clean.

Thank you soo much Vivian, you are the best, we will wait to see you one more time.

The staff is so friendly and welcoming. They'll help you book EVERYTHING (tours, trains, etc) to get a fair price. They'll even take you out for a night on the town for a true local experience. The rooms are large and comfortable with hot water and AC. My fiance and I loved this hostel and can't wait to stay at Meramees again when we go back to Cairo!

A great place to stay in Cairo. Everyone should visit. The staff is wonderful and the location is ideal.

• 9th Jun 2014

I love Meramees. This was my third time staying there and would recommend it to all of my friends. The staff are always so helpful and fun, and the location is so great!

• 14th Apr 2014