Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

Great hostel! really helpful with walking directions and helping plan out day activities. Even in low season were gracious and excited about our trip. Hostel comes with breakfast of tea, bread and jam. Nice common area and great location! Definitely a reason why its the top hostel in the area!

It was my first time in Cairo and the staff at Meramees hotel were great. This is a hotel I would recommend to others. Thanks for making time in Cairo memorable.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Somalia

Excellent cost and offer all that a backpacker needs.

Very well locaed, cool on hot Caro days and friendly staff. My only complaint one staff member (with glasses) tried discouraging me from taking metro to Pyramid. He told me I couldn't do it because I didnt speak Arabic. One of the many unscrupulous attempts to take my money however what bothered me was his unwillingness to help when I insisted I would take the metro despite his (misleading) advice.

I had an awful experience in Cairo and the hostel I stayed at was almost entirely to blame. Do not sign up for the "tours" they organise. We did the tour to Alexandria and were driven around and dropped off without information about the sites. The hostel later told us it was our fault for not asking for a guide. I later spent the evening being yelled at in the hostel by the "tour driver" with the manager laughing in the background. Rude staff (with exceptions) and horrible atmosphere.

It's a really nice place to stay! I definitely recommended!

This hostel has a great value for money. They picked me up from the airport for reasonable price and even though I arrived late at night, they put me in a nice private room to take a rest before they organized a tour for me the next day. Two weeks later again I slept there, but this time in a dorm room for two nights and it was great. Spacious room, clean, A/C, really comfortable. Breakfast is really good and the staff super helpful and friendly, especially Migo. I would highly recommend them.

The hostel staff were very helpful with tips & directions, even wrote down all the steps to take on the subway system without asking! the hostel is a little hard to find, i would recommend they make a giant sign or have a sandwich board out front! but the hostel was very close to the subway system & museum. the breakfast could be better (its just a hot dog bun with jam/cheese and a egg) and i also did not like how they said they would not serve it before 8 am even if you were going on a tour.

Feel like home. Staff are very friendly and helpful in providing information for sightseeing, experiencing local life and arranging transportation.

• 20th Apr 2015

Fantastic atmosphere with incredibly friendly staff. They helped us arrange a driver for the pyramids, Nile cruise and train travel onwards to Luxor. Train tickets (and possibly some other things) were overcharged, so be aware of costs before agreeing on a price.

• 1st Apr 2015

Excellent Hostal, super friendly staff and they help you with anything! They have also an good taxi service so you don't have to hustle on the street to get the right price.... pick up from the airport $ 10,- for example .... go here and you will not be sorry!!

• 29th Mar 2015

This is a very pleasant hostel to stay in. The staff are very kind, thank you so much Sara, Mostafa, and Ahmed they care for their guests very much, they are attentive and helpful in any concerns you have while in Cairo. The hostel is impeccably clean and the location is excellent as it is in Downtown Cairo, the free breakfast and all day tea and coffees make it great for extra energy exploring this fascinating intriguing city. I really recommend this hostel highly for a wonderful experience.

The hostel is generally okay, is cheap and the breakfast is included but I wouldn't stay here again due to the staff attitude.

Overall an excellent deal and great location.

The location is great and the staff is excellent, very helpful and friendly. We were only going to stay a few night but ended up staying a week. Breakfast is included which is a plus and the wifi is excellent. A little difficult to find at first but there's always someone there to give you directions.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Very lovely staff and nice clean comfortable beds.... Good hot showers and a kitchen also... They can help arrange tours also.... If I come back to Cairo I will stay here again :D

The best thing is location. Good staff. Nice lounge with a balcony to the street. Next to a mosque so if you have light sleep you will get awaked around 5:30 in the morning. Room ok.

This place rocks and offers everything you need while in Cairo. The staff is amazing: Mustafa, Muhammad, Sarah and Ahmad (a.k.a NEVER) thanks for a great stay. I will come back. See you soon. Your friend, -Vin Diesel.

Dear Vin Diesel :) ,, thank you so much for your words, we love to see your movies in the TV and ever where, you are a greet person and you know that all your friends in Cairo will NEVER forget you.

overall it is a good place to stay in downtown cairo!

Very helpful and very nice!

• 6th Feb 2015