Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

I feel so lucky that I got the chance to spend time getting to know the wonderful people that work at this hostel. They were so accomodating, helpful and kind. They were genuine in their intentions for us to have a great trip and did eveything in their power to guarantee that we did. We booked several tours through them and they were very well priced for everything we got. Mohamed took the time to carefully answer my million questions and I felt safe throughout the entire process. Thank you!

• 27th Dec 2015

I had a wonderful stay in the Meramees Hostel in Cairo! Mohammed was extremely helpful and organised an amazing, memorable and hassle-free tour of Egypt. All of our drivers and tour guides were so knowledgeable and friendly. Massive thanks to Mohammed for organising all of this for us. The tours are great value for money, but be sure to make sure you know what is included and what other fees you will have to pay. The hostel is clean and rooms are comfortable. Highly recommended!

• 24th Dec 2015

Un lugar para sentirse en casa. Divertido y con un personal muy amable y caluroso. Definitivamente vale la pena regresar. I have spent the last few weeks at Meramees Hotel and as my time in Cairo is coming to an end I am sad to say goodbye to my new family at Meramees. I will never forget my time here. My home away from home Happy New Year to (Mohamed-Ahmed-Osa-Khaled-Migo)

Staff is friendly, polite and helpful. They provide transfer from airport and help organize the tours. They are tracking their client tour around country and tours had almost been completed as planned. They solve any problem right away. I liked 5 stars cruise ship "Nile Dolphin" they booked for me, where staff was nice and professional as well, rooms clean and food just perfect.

• 19th Dec 2015

Our at Meramees hostel was quite the experience! They offered us ariport pickup for 10 USD which was a lifesaver! And Mohammed checked us in to a 5 bedroom dorm with recommendations for each of our 3 days here and they arranged for a private driver for each of our activities for a reasonable price. The hostel is well located above the hectic city traffic with security guard! Watch out for locals and stay with these guys!

Nothing was wrong necessarily with this hostel, it just was nothing like what was portrayed on the internet. Arrived to it at night from the airport and I thought I was in a horror movie. Homeless person sleeps by the lift and the front desk spoke very little English.

Simple but good breakfast. Nice tours and nice location. Wifi and bathroom a bit poor. Good staff and the elevator doesnt work sometimes (we stayed on the 6th floor)

Rooms are grand and comfortable with clean beds. The location is advantage if you are dependent on Public transport of metro and Bus station. Since this is located in 5th floor you cannot call lift to take you down and they have to provide this service as it will only take you up from ground floor. If you walk down through the stairs, all the steps are dirty with Smoke stubs and other stuff. They can improve the speed of the water showers in the bath rooms as they are very slow.

Helpful and friendly staff, helped with taxi to airport.

The hostel was average, the facilities were older, and the atmosphere wasn't much. But the staff was very nice and they did great job setting up a Nile cruise which was very nice. All in it was a decent place.