Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

Mohamed and the staff were all excellent help during my stay. I would definitely recommend this hostel for its location and value for money. Only a few minutes from the Egyptian museum.

Meramees Hostel made this trip my best trip ever! The staffs are very friendly, the location is perfect and the tours organized by them are very nice and cheap. If I come to Egypt again, I don't have doubts of hostel. This is the best Hostel in Egypt!

• 3rd Dec 2014

The hostel was different but adequate. You have to realize you are not going to get the western comforts but isn't that why you travel? Breakfast is very basic everyday with bread, boiled eggs and coffee or tea. The hostel itself was clean but it was on the 5th floor of a building that had seen better days. I always travel solo but I'm glad my BFF went with me to Cairo with a population of 10 million it can be intense. Tourism is almost non existent so prices were negotiable and very cheap

Wonderful stay, perfect location and very easy to want around Cairo. Arranged through the hostel a trip to Giza to the pyramids, couldn't have been better. My driver the hostel provided took me everywhere and was very knowledgable about the area, he also took me for shishaw and falafel when we got back to cairo.

Thanks guys for evrything this hostel was amazing they did i lot for us and we felt just like home me and my girlfriend! I dont have anything bad to say about my stay in meramees ... Cairo would not be the same without the staff and the good vibe meramees bring in this place! I recommend 100% the hostel ..... No pressure for guide tours they were with us from the first minute in the airport till the last one at the train station before we left for alexandria seriously thanks for evrything!

The staff were both very honest and helpful. WE trusted them to arrange our onward journey in Egypt and they did a great job. Everything they promised happened just as they promised and every time they said there would be someone to meet us, there was. Well done guys...you are trustworthy in a country where it is easy to get ripped off.

This hostel is amazing! They do airport pick up in addition to providing a driver to any place you need. Also other excursions that you can purchase (nights in the dessert with Bedouins, Luxor/Aswan). Breakfast is simple, but the location is so central that there are restaurants all around. The hostel is in the heart of downtown and the metro is just 3 blocks away. But what really makes this place great is the STAFF! Thank you Ahmed, Hadeer, Samir, and Migo for taking care of us!! Stay here!!

This is the only place to stay in Cairo! The staff are amazing and they'll do everything to make your stay a great experience. Don't hesitate to book here! Thanks Meramees!

Great find! If you're looking to take a bit of the hassle out of travelling in Egypt then these guys can really help you out. Whether it be with a late night airport pickup and avoiding hundreds of people screaming "taxi", or sorting your travels to all the sites. Close to everything, clean, free breakfast, free Wifi, cant complain about a thing. Thanks again Ahmed, Samir, and Hadel for the hospitality and the wicked trip around such a beautiful country!

• 30th Oct 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Walking distance to the museum. Breakfast included.

I traveled to Egypt for a week and I was lucky enough to book my stay at Meramees hostel. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.. They helped me organized my trip which led me to see more sights and familiarize with the area. I was also very happy with the facility, it’s very clean. The Airport pickup service was great, the driver was at the airport on time both ways. Thank you for Meramees hostel!

1 2 Next » last »