Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

We booked a double room and it smelled very strongly of insect repellent, to the point of being unbearable. As for the room, it was a basic room with two beds. I could not bear the smell though. The bathrooms were usually occupied in the mornings so we had to wait about 20 minutes to use it. There were only two bathrooms on our floor. Breakfast was bread, jam, and an egg. The airport pickup was nice. Muhammad and the staff were welcoming but I would not recommend booking tours through them.

• 23rd Dec 2014

No lockers in room, you have to give yor valuables in the staff, the whole procedure NOT seems that safe and reliable. Rooms need a little bit more care. Staff (except from the older guy, maby the owner?) not that well in giving precise information. Breakfast starting time is 8.30! Considering: 1) all sites in Cairo are open 8.00-16.00 and 2) the breakfast is really basic 9you can buy this outside with less than 1EURO) is not worth to wait to take it before going out...

Review came from the same IP address as the hostel has previously used to log into Inbox.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • China

A great bunch of guys and very helpful!

great hostel, fine atmosphere. they helped me in all my Egypt schedule, booked hotels in other cities, taxi for stations, driver for the attractions, buses, everything! just make sure to improve your bargain skills before coming, Egypt asks for it!

Mohamed and the staff were all excellent help during my stay. I would definitely recommend this hostel for its location and value for money. Only a few minutes from the Egyptian museum.

Meramees Hostel made this trip my best trip ever! The staffs are very friendly, the location is perfect and the tours organized by them are very nice and cheap. If I come to Egypt again, I don't have doubts of hostel. This is the best Hostel in Egypt!

• 3rd Dec 2014

The hostel was different but adequate. You have to realize you are not going to get the western comforts but isn't that why you travel? Breakfast is very basic everyday with bread, boiled eggs and coffee or tea. The hostel itself was clean but it was on the 5th floor of a building that had seen better days. I always travel solo but I'm glad my BFF went with me to Cairo with a population of 10 million it can be intense. Tourism is almost non existent so prices were negotiable and very cheap

Wonderful stay, perfect location and very easy to want around Cairo. Arranged through the hostel a trip to Giza to the pyramids, couldn't have been better. My driver the hostel provided took me everywhere and was very knowledgable about the area, he also took me for shishaw and falafel when we got back to cairo.

Thanks guys for evrything this hostel was amazing they did i lot for us and we felt just like home me and my girlfriend! I dont have anything bad to say about my stay in meramees ... Cairo would not be the same without the staff and the good vibe meramees bring in this place! I recommend 100% the hostel ..... No pressure for guide tours they were with us from the first minute in the airport till the last one at the train station before we left for alexandria seriously thanks for evrything!

The staff were both very honest and helpful. WE trusted them to arrange our onward journey in Egypt and they did a great job. Everything they promised happened just as they promised and every time they said there would be someone to meet us, there was. Well done guys...you are trustworthy in a country where it is easy to get ripped off.

1 2 Next » last »