Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

One of the best hostels we ever stayed in! The incl airport pick up and breakfast are superb, and the staff is the best ever!! I got ill when I was there and they really looked after us and helped us out with everything! They also arranged a lot of trips for us and nothing was too much. On top of that they are all up for a good laugh and the location is great!!

• 28th Dec 2014

Charlotte ,, thank you soo much for your words, you know now you have a family and friends in Egypt and a place to stay any time you are in Cairo.

The best hostel in Cairo! The location is perfectly down town, and you find awesome Egyptian food in this area. Hot water 24 hours, clean sheets, fast Wifi and feel free to use the kitchen. I was sick at that time, and they helped me a a lot. i am a single female traveler, and I feel safe and comfortable here. The staff are really nice and funny. I love them so much. Never hesitate if you are looking for a budget place to stay. 真心推薦這家旅館。位置絕佳,網路超快,熱水穩定。我是一個女生,在這裡覺得十分安全!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

We booked a double room and it smelled very strongly of insect repellent, to the point of being unbearable. As for the room, it was a basic room with two beds. I could not bear the smell though. The bathrooms were usually occupied in the mornings so we had to wait about 20 minutes to use it. There were only two bathrooms on our floor. Breakfast was bread, jam, and an egg. The airport pickup was nice. Muhammad and the staff were welcoming but I would not recommend booking tours through them.

• 23rd Dec 2014

No lockers in room, you have to give yor valuables in the staff, the whole procedure NOT seems that safe and reliable. Rooms need a little bit more care. Staff (except from the older guy, maby the owner?) not that well in giving precise information. Breakfast starting time is 8.30! Considering: 1) all sites in Cairo are open 8.00-16.00 and 2) the breakfast is really basic 9you can buy this outside with less than 1EURO) is not worth to wait to take it before going out...

Review came from the same IP address as the hostel has previously used to log into Inbox.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • China

A great bunch of guys and very helpful!

great hostel, fine atmosphere. they helped me in all my Egypt schedule, booked hotels in other cities, taxi for stations, driver for the attractions, buses, everything! just make sure to improve your bargain skills before coming, Egypt asks for it!

Mohamed and the staff were all excellent help during my stay. I would definitely recommend this hostel for its location and value for money. Only a few minutes from the Egyptian museum.

Meramees Hostel made this trip my best trip ever! The staffs are very friendly, the location is perfect and the tours organized by them are very nice and cheap. If I come to Egypt again, I don't have doubts of hostel. This is the best Hostel in Egypt!

• 3rd Dec 2014

The hostel was different but adequate. You have to realize you are not going to get the western comforts but isn't that why you travel? Breakfast is very basic everyday with bread, boiled eggs and coffee or tea. The hostel itself was clean but it was on the 5th floor of a building that had seen better days. I always travel solo but I'm glad my BFF went with me to Cairo with a population of 10 million it can be intense. Tourism is almost non existent so prices were negotiable and very cheap

1 2 Next » last »