Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

Excellent hostel and what I really liked best was the staff friendly and helpfull as I have never met before. You can feel like among friends.

Not much travellers at the hostel but that goes for Egypt as a whole.

I had a great time there even though I was there during tumultuous time. The staff are great! They're friendly and very helpful. They helped me planned other trips when I couldn't do my other trip and they made sure that I went on that trip so that I would have a great time in Egypt. But even when I spent a lot of time in Cairo just hanging out at the hostel, it was still pretty fun. Everyone over there, the staff and other occupants, were happy to have a long and lengthy discussion :-)

All the employees were awesome!

!CAUTION! When transferred back to the Airport I got picked up by a man called ACHMED. He works for the Hostel, speaks English very swell and seemed like a fine guy. Be careful! He is dangerous. Not only is his driving completely reckless (YES, even compared to the chaotic Egyptian traffic) he is also violent. First he rammed another car while going 80 km/h, than he stopped and started a fight with that other driver and put me and my safety willingly in danger. Ask for annother driver !!!

• 9th Jul 2013
  • Bebelbeber

Nice hostel, well priced and very well located. Near Tahir Square a subway stations. If you want to tour around Luxor and Aswan they can provide it with a very reasonable price. Would stay there again.

Great Hostel to stay , Ahmed and the staff is very friendly, safe hotel ,Very good location. It's located in very quite place and 5 mints walk to Egyptian Museum . Price is not bad, and it's clean in overall. Free wifi is available in the room and all hostel , Ahmed is offer me some trip for Giza,Luxor and Aswan, if you don't have plan about Egypt ask Ahmed when you arrive he give it and free map too ,Would definitely stay here again when i return to Cairo. Sokran to every one there at Meramees

• 5th Jul 2013
  • Morocco

Rooms urgently need to be improved and cleaned, the one where I slept smelled really bad. Most of the staff is very nice/helpful except for the drivers. Didn't like the drivers who will almost "kidnapped" you to take you to the stores where they get a commission (lotus flower/papyrus/camels).

Great Hostel to stay at. I felt comfortable with the staff.

It was the best option after staying in 2 other hostels in Cairo which I didn't like at all. It's located just few steps from a streets full of coffee houses, a supermarket and a restaurant. The staff are very friendly and helpful and my room had a balcony and air conditioned. There's also a living room that makes you feel like home. I'd definitely recommend this hostel! Many other hostels in Cairo are creepy as I've checked them my self!

The staff is really great, they helped us for a lot of thing. We left some lugages for a long time in the storage room for free. They were really great. Breakfast was great, like everywhere else in egypt, if you aren't bored to eat bread and egg. The rooms was clean except for the horrible cat urine smell. Toilet and shower was clean also but floaded. They were really helping, especially for the lift to the airport. Really cheap!

• 10th Jun 2013

Staff is very good But be careful!!!!! The hostel took me pyramid tour agency. The agency gave camel riding After that, i knew that i payed as much as 7 times. But the hostel staff never told me even if he had next seat by me So if you go there, you should kick the table and go out!

It`s a great hostel. Great tours. Nice car. You will learn to love this place just as it is. They are very friendly. You will never feel lonely if they are around. I'll be there if one day I go back to Egipt.

Best staff ever. These guys bent over backwards to make sure the experience was good. Cannot recommend them highly enough. The rooms are quite humble, but nevertheless clean and comfortable. Meramees is about a 20-minute walk to the train station and a good place to start exploring Cairo on foot and get off the beaten track. Whenever possible I walk everywhere when I travel, so having centrally-located lodging is important.

Not what I expected but pleasant none the less. As a solo travler and a female I was slightly worried however after arriving i realized I had no reason to be and the staf were very accommodating.

The staff at Meramees are amazing, very friendly and helpful. I've had some difficulties in Egypt and this trip could have been a disaster if not for the support of the people here. Someone was available and willing to help me every step of the way, even when my train to Aswan got disrupted. You can't go wrong staying here.

• 30th Apr 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and they were all great experiences at Meramees. The staff is very helpful and we were able to set up a tour of Giza directly through them, making it very convenient. The location is great and close to a lot of restaurants and shops. I would recommend this hostel to anybody staying in Cairo.

• 30th Apr 2013

Helpful and friendly staff to assist with anything you might need. I was only in Egypt for a few days and they assisted in setting up a customised tour to cover everything I wanted to visit from Cairo to Aswan!

Loved it!

Friendly and helpful staff! Thoroughly enjoyed my 1-day layover experience in Cairo!!

• 6th Apr 2013