Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

I feel so lucky that I got the chance to spend time getting to know the wonderful people that work at this hostel. They were so accomodating, helpful and kind. They were genuine in their intentions for us to have a great trip and did eveything in their power to guarantee that we did. We booked several tours through them and they were very well priced for everything we got. Mohamed took the time to carefully answer my million questions and I felt safe throughout the entire process. Thank you!

• 27th Dec 2015

I had a wonderful stay in the Meramees Hostel in Cairo! Mohammed was extremely helpful and organised an amazing, memorable and hassle-free tour of Egypt. All of our drivers and tour guides were so knowledgeable and friendly. Massive thanks to Mohammed for organising all of this for us. The tours are great value for money, but be sure to make sure you know what is included and what other fees you will have to pay. The hostel is clean and rooms are comfortable. Highly recommended!

• 24th Dec 2015

Un lugar para sentirse en casa. Divertido y con un personal muy amable y caluroso. Definitivamente vale la pena regresar. I have spent the last few weeks at Meramees Hotel and as my time in Cairo is coming to an end I am sad to say goodbye to my new family at Meramees. I will never forget my time here. My home away from home Happy New Year to (Mohamed-Ahmed-Osa-Khaled-Migo)

Staff is friendly, polite and helpful. They provide transfer from airport and help organize the tours. They are tracking their client tour around country and tours had almost been completed as planned. They solve any problem right away. I liked 5 stars cruise ship "Nile Dolphin" they booked for me, where staff was nice and professional as well, rooms clean and food just perfect.

• 19th Dec 2015

Our at Meramees hostel was quite the experience! They offered us ariport pickup for 10 USD which was a lifesaver! And Mohammed checked us in to a 5 bedroom dorm with recommendations for each of our 3 days here and they arranged for a private driver for each of our activities for a reasonable price. The hostel is well located above the hectic city traffic with security guard! Watch out for locals and stay with these guys!

Nothing was wrong necessarily with this hostel, it just was nothing like what was portrayed on the internet. Arrived to it at night from the airport and I thought I was in a horror movie. Homeless person sleeps by the lift and the front desk spoke very little English.

Simple but good breakfast. Nice tours and nice location. Wifi and bathroom a bit poor. Good staff and the elevator doesnt work sometimes (we stayed on the 6th floor)

Rooms are grand and comfortable with clean beds. The location is advantage if you are dependent on Public transport of metro and Bus station. Since this is located in 5th floor you cannot call lift to take you down and they have to provide this service as it will only take you up from ground floor. If you walk down through the stairs, all the steps are dirty with Smoke stubs and other stuff. They can improve the speed of the water showers in the bath rooms as they are very slow.

Helpful and friendly staff, helped with taxi to airport.

The hostel was average, the facilities were older, and the atmosphere wasn't much. But the staff was very nice and they did great job setting up a Nile cruise which was very nice. All in it was a decent place.

can't be better, helpful staff ,clean and cool room, even the cat is so much lovely.thank u , this place worth to live longer and enjoy your Cairo time

For this solo packer, Meremes was huge find! I had a private room w/ bath blocks from Tahrir Square - at a great rate. The young staff was more than helpful in getting my Egyptian adventure started. Ahmed showed me around the 'hood on my first night and there were a handful of other travelers to exchange stories with. This place is exactly what an awesome hostel should be: Cheap, clean, helpful and fun.

Great hostel! really helpful with walking directions and helping plan out day activities. Even in low season were gracious and excited about our trip. Hostel comes with breakfast of tea, bread and jam. Nice common area and great location! Definitely a reason why its the top hostel in the area!

It was my first time in Cairo and the staff at Meramees hotel were great. This is a hotel I would recommend to others. Thanks for making time in Cairo memorable.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Somalia

Excellent cost and offer all that a backpacker needs.

Very well locaed, cool on hot Caro days and friendly staff. My only complaint one staff member (with glasses) tried discouraging me from taking metro to Pyramid. He told me I couldn't do it because I didnt speak Arabic. One of the many unscrupulous attempts to take my money however what bothered me was his unwillingness to help when I insisted I would take the metro despite his (misleading) advice.

I had an awful experience in Cairo and the hostel I stayed at was almost entirely to blame. Do not sign up for the "tours" they organise. We did the tour to Alexandria and were driven around and dropped off without information about the sites. The hostel later told us it was our fault for not asking for a guide. I later spent the evening being yelled at in the hostel by the "tour driver" with the manager laughing in the background. Rude staff (with exceptions) and horrible atmosphere.

It's a really nice place to stay! I definitely recommended!

Very good time I´ve passed in this hostel,The staff is amazing,very fun and helpful. Good location to the Egyptian Museum.

This hostel has a great value for money. They picked me up from the airport for reasonable price and even though I arrived late at night, they put me in a nice private room to take a rest before they organized a tour for me the next day. Two weeks later again I slept there, but this time in a dorm room for two nights and it was great. Spacious room, clean, A/C, really comfortable. Breakfast is really good and the staff super helpful and friendly, especially Migo. I would highly recommend them.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7