Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

The hostel is definitely worth it. Great location, amazing staff. Everyone was really helpful and makes your stay in Cairo very pleasant and easy! We were really happy with our choice.

Staying in this hostel is just awesome. Good price, quality, more than helpful staff, located in the center of Cairo's downtown, It's so close to metro station.. many restaurants and cafe are around fro excellent prices and quality.. the rooms are always clean and the wi-fi is available in all the floors. The reception team is just nice and so welcoming and tries hard to makes things so easy for you - totally recommended

This is a great hostel, right in the heart of Cairo, with nearly everything in walking distance. It's great value for money, with clean, air-conned rooms. You are well looked after, with the staff happy to help and advise. There's no pushing for tours or excursions, which is really nice, and there's a nice communal area to chat with other guests. I had a slight problem with a younger member of staff, but the response from the management was excellent; they really made sure I had a good stay.

• 23rd Aug 2014

I loved this place! The owner, Mohamed, is the best! I had no idea what to do for 3 days and Mohamed gave me a list of what I should do; he helped me book everything. My spontaneous trip was all planned out within 24 hrs right before my eyes! Mohamed goes above and beyond with the explanations and tries to really help his guests because you can see he cares. The staff tries to make you feel comfortable and safe as well. Location is close to the Egyptian Museum and the Facilities are clean.

Thank you soo much Vivian, you are the best, we will wait to see you one more time.

The staff is so friendly and welcoming. They'll help you book EVERYTHING (tours, trains, etc) to get a fair price. They'll even take you out for a night on the town for a true local experience. The rooms are large and comfortable with hot water and AC. My fiance and I loved this hostel and can't wait to stay at Meramees again when we go back to Cairo!

A great place to stay in Cairo. Everyone should visit. The staff is wonderful and the location is ideal.

• 9th Jun 2014

I love Meramees. This was my third time staying there and would recommend it to all of my friends. The staff are always so helpful and fun, and the location is so great!

• 14th Apr 2014

Excellent hostel and what I really liked best was the staff friendly and helpfull as I have never met before. You can feel like among friends.

Not much travellers at the hostel but that goes for Egypt as a whole.

I had a great time there even though I was there during tumultuous time. The staff are great! They're friendly and very helpful. They helped me planned other trips when I couldn't do my other trip and they made sure that I went on that trip so that I would have a great time in Egypt. But even when I spent a lot of time in Cairo just hanging out at the hostel, it was still pretty fun. Everyone over there, the staff and other occupants, were happy to have a long and lengthy discussion :-)

All the employees were awesome!

!CAUTION! When transferred back to the Airport I got picked up by a man called ACHMED. He works for the Hostel, speaks English very swell and seemed like a fine guy. Be careful! He is dangerous. Not only is his driving completely reckless (YES, even compared to the chaotic Egyptian traffic) he is also violent. First he rammed another car while going 80 km/h, than he stopped and started a fight with that other driver and put me and my safety willingly in danger. Ask for annother driver !!!

• 9th Jul 2013
  • Bebelbeber

Nice hostel, well priced and very well located. Near Tahir Square a subway stations. If you want to tour around Luxor and Aswan they can provide it with a very reasonable price. Would stay there again.

Great Hostel to stay , Ahmed and the staff is very friendly, safe hotel ,Very good location. It's located in very quite place and 5 mints walk to Egyptian Museum . Price is not bad, and it's clean in overall. Free wifi is available in the room and all hostel , Ahmed is offer me some trip for Giza,Luxor and Aswan, if you don't have plan about Egypt ask Ahmed when you arrive he give it and free map too ,Would definitely stay here again when i return to Cairo. Sokran to every one there at Meramees

• 5th Jul 2013
  • Morocco

Rooms urgently need to be improved and cleaned, the one where I slept smelled really bad. Most of the staff is very nice/helpful except for the drivers. Didn't like the drivers who will almost "kidnapped" you to take you to the stores where they get a commission (lotus flower/papyrus/camels).

Great Hostel to stay at. I felt comfortable with the staff.

It was the best option after staying in 2 other hostels in Cairo which I didn't like at all. It's located just few steps from a streets full of coffee houses, a supermarket and a restaurant. The staff are very friendly and helpful and my room had a balcony and air conditioned. There's also a living room that makes you feel like home. I'd definitely recommend this hostel! Many other hostels in Cairo are creepy as I've checked them my self!

The staff is really great, they helped us for a lot of thing. We left some lugages for a long time in the storage room for free. They were really great. Breakfast was great, like everywhere else in egypt, if you aren't bored to eat bread and egg. The rooms was clean except for the horrible cat urine smell. Toilet and shower was clean also but floaded. They were really helping, especially for the lift to the airport. Really cheap!

• 10th Jun 2013

Staff is very good But be careful!!!!! The hostel took me pyramid tour agency. The agency gave camel riding After that, i knew that i payed as much as 7 times. But the hostel staff never told me even if he had next seat by me So if you go there, you should kick the table and go out!

It`s a great hostel. Great tours. Nice car. You will learn to love this place just as it is. They are very friendly. You will never feel lonely if they are around. I'll be there if one day I go back to Egipt.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7