Meramees Hostel Reviews

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

This is a very pleasant hostel to stay in. The staff are very kind, thank you so much Sara, Mostafa, and Ahmed they care for their guests very much, they are attentive and helpful in any concerns you have while in Cairo. The hostel is impeccably clean and the location is excellent as it is in Downtown Cairo, the free breakfast and all day tea and coffees make it great for extra energy exploring this fascinating intriguing city. I really recommend this hostel highly for a wonderful experience.

Overall an excellent deal and great location.

The location is great and the staff is excellent, very helpful and friendly. We were only going to stay a few night but ended up staying a week. Breakfast is included which is a plus and the wifi is excellent. A little difficult to find at first but there's always someone there to give you directions.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Very lovely staff and nice clean comfortable beds.... Good hot showers and a kitchen also... They can help arrange tours also.... If I come back to Cairo I will stay here again :D

The best thing is location. Good staff. Nice lounge with a balcony to the street. Next to a mosque so if you have light sleep you will get awaked around 5:30 in the morning. Room ok.

This place rocks and offers everything you need while in Cairo. The staff is amazing: Mustafa, Muhammad, Sarah and Ahmad (a.k.a NEVER) thanks for a great stay. I will come back. See you soon. Your friend, -Vin Diesel.

Dear Vin Diesel :) ,, thank you so much for your words, we love to see your movies in the TV and ever where, you are a greet person and you know that all your friends in Cairo will NEVER forget you.

overall it is a good place to stay in downtown cairo!

Very helpful and very nice!

• 6th Feb 2015

They helped us book a cruise from Aswan to Luxor. They were accommodating to our budget. We enjoyed it very much. The staff is very fun and helpful. Good location to the Egyptian Museum. I would book this hostel again.

• 4th Feb 2015

Friendly and welcoming, Meramees is a happy place with a wonderful staff and great guests (one of which was me!). No frills but you will want for nothing. Loved the elevator, the breakfast, the common room rocks and you can't beat the downtown location. Would come back in a heartbeat.

Amazing service! These guys upgraded me to a private room, were very nice to me during my stay. When I was leaving they came down with me and helped to catch a taxi and negotiate price. I'm really impressed by their service! Definitely recommend to stay there.

The wifi throughout was excellent. I would have appreciated having a place to lock up my valuables, and every room member should have had their own key. I did not appreciate having to leave my door unlocked when I went to bed because my roommate was due to arrive at 3am and there was only one key.

this is the second time i have stayed here in this hostel and it was excellent. the staff are great and very helpful. fantastic hostel and atmoshere.

One of the best hostels we ever stayed in! The incl airport pick up and breakfast are superb, and the staff is the best ever!! I got ill when I was there and they really looked after us and helped us out with everything! They also arranged a lot of trips for us and nothing was too much. On top of that they are all up for a good laugh and the location is great!!

• 28th Dec 2014

Charlotte ,, thank you soo much for your words, you know now you have a family and friends in Egypt and a place to stay any time you are in Cairo.

The best hostel in Cairo! The location is perfectly down town, and you find awesome Egyptian food in this area. Hot water 24 hours, clean sheets, fast Wifi and feel free to use the kitchen. I was sick at that time, and they helped me a a lot. i am a single female traveler, and I feel safe and comfortable here. The staff are really nice and funny. I love them so much. Never hesitate if you are looking for a budget place to stay. 真心推薦這家旅館。位置絕佳,網路超快,熱水穩定。我是一個女生,在這裡覺得十分安全!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

We booked a double room and it smelled very strongly of insect repellent, to the point of being unbearable. As for the room, it was a basic room with two beds. I could not bear the smell though. The bathrooms were usually occupied in the mornings so we had to wait about 20 minutes to use it. There were only two bathrooms on our floor. Breakfast was bread, jam, and an egg. The airport pickup was nice. Muhammad and the staff were welcoming but I would not recommend booking tours through them.

• 23rd Dec 2014

No lockers in room, you have to give yor valuables in the staff, the whole procedure NOT seems that safe and reliable. Rooms need a little bit more care. Staff (except from the older guy, maby the owner?) not that well in giving precise information. Breakfast starting time is 8.30! Considering: 1) all sites in Cairo are open 8.00-16.00 and 2) the breakfast is really basic 9you can buy this outside with less than 1EURO) is not worth to wait to take it before going out...

Review came from the same IP address as the hostel has previously used to log into Inbox.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • China

A great bunch of guys and very helpful!

great hostel, fine atmosphere. they helped me in all my Egypt schedule, booked hotels in other cities, taxi for stations, driver for the attractions, buses, everything! just make sure to improve your bargain skills before coming, Egypt asks for it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7