Superb 775 Total Reviews
Superb 775 Total Reviews
Meramees Hostel Located at 32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, , Cairo.
Egypt
Cairo 32 Sabri Abou Alam Street
94% 775
30.0472904 31.2388944
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 31-40
3rd Nov 2016

The Meramees is in a fantastic location with fantastic staff! It is conveniently located near the Egypt Museum (5 min walk), a supermarket (next door) and the airport bus stop (7-10 min walk). The friendly staff helped me book great trips to the pyramids and south to Aswan and directed me to cheap, good food near the hostel!

1st Nov 2016

I really enjoyed my time at the Meramees Hostel. The owner of the hostel was helpful and generous. After a long 20+ hour flight, he recognized that I was exhausted and placed me in a private room free of charge because it was available. The staff is outstanding and committed to customer satisfaction. I had a short time in Egypt, but I saw and experienced everything I wanted because the staff helped me plan my trip down to the smallest detail. I was able to get local prices on transportation.

25th Oct 2016

Awesome staff that were super friendly and helpful. I came to Cairo without booking anything and everyone on staff made sure my stay was great, booked my tours and made sure I was taken care of. They made me feel at home, like I was family, and even gave me a room to rest and towel to shower on travel days when I wasn't staying the night. Clean rooms and centrally located near the Egyptian museum. The media has over hyped safety issues. Egypt is safe! And friendly! Go now...you won't regret it!

• England, Couple, 41+
18th Oct 2016

Good place to stay staff very helpful and friendly.central to all of the thing you want to see and good for food etc . The driver they use helped us really well . We will definitely stay there again when we return to Cairo.

9th Oct 2016

Beshoy And mohammad was really excellent and hospitable!! I stayed at marammees for 4 days and they made egypt feel like my second home! I know that when i go back to egypt without question Maramees hostle will be home! They arranged taxi for me and was very welcoming!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Oct 2016

great hostel! good location, just a 2minute walk from downtown cairo, always frendly and helpful staff with a good overall atmosphere. booked this hostel twice while in egypt and would come back again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Sep 2016

Great place to start a trip in Egypt, the hostel was very welcoming and helped us straight away to organise our time in Egypt! The staff helped us book a tour to Aswan and Luxor, all transfers included making the trip a lot more comfortable. The hostel is great location from Cairo Museum. Breakfast is included which is a bonus if your trying to save money! Highly recommend this hostel to any travellers!

• chrispanetta27
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
30th Sep 2016

Staff was really nice, the bathrooms were ok sometimes toilets didn't flush. The breakfast was really good. Overall great experience. Note that if you take a tour to the pyramids you are pushed to spend more money as they bring you to a papyrus shop and camel tours

29th Sep 2016

When I was a kid I dreamt of seeing Cairo and the Pyramids in Giza; this Hostel is located in the heart of Egypt. Come here and open your mind and heart to an amazing new culture and environment; they make you laugh and smile and are true brothers when it comes to hospitality! Amazing beds, huge clean rooms, AC, &they offer tea in a very relaxed room to sit and enjoy a book/patio view. Bring sandals (of course!) Bc Bathrooms are small, but cleaned many times daily By Hand! SO SAFE, Have fun! 🌙

• johansmoh
  • Netherlands, Male, 25-30
27th Sep 2016

I stayed in the hostel for one day. Located in central down town, it was ideal for exploring the city. I found the place to be very clean, the staff was friendly and willing to help out. The room was simple, but very clean and air conditioned. The reception staff provided me with a free map of the surrounding area and even offered to organize a trip to the pyramids. Overall it was a very pleasant stay .