Mercaderes Backpackers Reviews

c/ Mercaderes 135-A, Cercado, Arequipa, Peru

Great location, soo friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, good wifi!

My second time here,Great Hostel ! the dorm was Fantastic.. Super comfortable beds and each bed has reading light, power and curtain for privacy,Perfect Location a few meters from the square, really hot showers, Thanks for a great time in Arequipa!

Had a great stay here! Lesly is super helpful with any questions and the tours you can book through the hostel are a very reasonable price and with a very good company! Loved our stay here, felt like home! And the location is unbeatable!! Definitely recommend!

Nice hostel, but not anything special. The place was a good value and had nice clean rooms and was right by the plaza del armas which was fantastic. Met some cool people here and the breakfast was nice, though not the buffet breakfast the advertised. Overall I'd probably stay again. Oh yeah, they also have the best wifi I've had in peru.

Great location with quick and easy access to the city - literally steps from the Plaza de Armas and just a few blocks from the local marketplace. Incredibly friendly staff - Karen, the girl at the desk, helped me for over an hour to secure transportation to my next destination. She also made some great recommendations for things to do while in the city. The entire place was very clean and the included breakfast is cooked to order.

• 28th Jan 2015

I really liked my stay here overall. Location is perfect, rooms are great, and the pancakes at breakfast on the rooftop terrace were amazing. Most of the staff were really great and helpful as well. I had some issues with one staff member, however, which lowered their score. Maybe I was interrupting her facebook time, but when I went to pick up my bus ticket for that night, she told me she didn't have it without even checking (she did) and she was rude to me. Overall I would recommend.

Awesome breakfast on top of the hostel. Had a really nice stay at mercaderes with helpful staff. Recomendable to choose this place.

• 25th Jan 2015

Very well located hostel just 1 block to Plaza de Armas and in Mercaderes street which is full of stores and bars. The hostel has a very nice terrace to relax with a great view of the city. Rooms are ok, I stayed in one with curtains in each bed and with your own lamp and plug. Really a quiet hostel. I would really recommend it.

Great location! From the roof terrace can you look over plaza del armas. Everything was great. Maybe the kitchen could been a bit better

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Good location, nice staff, good breakfast, nice priavte dorm beds

This place has no atmosphere. The beds were fine, location was good. The worst part about this was the staff - the man at reception especially. He told us a price for activities and then when we went to pay just changed the price without notice. As backpackers we expect to be ripped off but he was just plain rude. When we asked to book our bus he screwed that up too and when we got to the station with the wrong ticket they asked us to pay more. Stay here with pleasure just don't deal with him.

Great location and helpful staff. The curtains around the bed gives a feeling of privacy. Unfortunately the showers were extremely cold during my stay, but besides that everything was good! Nice breakfast too :)

Great atmosphere and nice people! We booked our trip to colca canyon also at the hostel. Hot showers most of the time, good wifi. We recommend staying there ;)

slow internet

internet was slow and nossey because de rooms are at te enterance. Breakfast very good. No windows in the room..

Hostel was close to main square and had a nice view of El Misti from the roof deck. Showers were hot but temperamental. The dorm next I reception can be noisy and the bed I was in was next to an internal window with only a thin curtain. They should consider putting blackout curtains or shutters for this room. Staff helpful, Internet was problematic during my visit but there is a Starbucks close!

Loved this place. Staff are very friendly and helpful and always smiling, anything from bus tickets to tours can be arranged. It's very clean, the beds are comfy and large and have privacy curtains. Hot water was always available, breakfast was good and the view from rooftop is amazing, and there are hammocks. Location, it's right next to the mains square, close to everything yet not noisy. I highly recommend Mercaderes, one of the best hostels I have stayed in!

This hostel is in a great location, really close to shops, restaurants, the Plaze de Armas and museums. It's a pretty quiet place, good for relaxing but not so much for meeting people. Showers were hot and breakfast was good. Staff were also very helpful.

Great location, very helpful staff. Nice roof terrace and really good breakfast. Also cute little dog!

I would stay at this hostel again. The common areas are very spacious and welcoming. I especially enjoyed the hammocks on the roof! Luggage storage was not the most secure, but my things were ok during their stay. Great location right off the Plaza de Armas.