Mercaderes Backpackers Reviews

c/ Mercaderes 135-A, Cercado, Arequipa, Peru

Good hostel, would stay there again if I was in Arequipa. Next to the Plaza de Armas and the main bar/club area.

Though the location is the best quality of the hostel, the ambiance is very good too, the staff is very polite and the facilities are not so big, which makes it more confortable when you're not travelling with lots of people. Plus, the breakfast is great :D

• 28th Jan 2016

What a hostel! This place is a haven of peace and quiet in a brilliant, lively city. The beds were super comfy and I really appreciated the privacy of the curtains (6 person dorms only) the breakfast was sensational, the best banana pancakes ever! All of the staff were incredibly kind and super helpful even when I arrived horribly early in the morning. Was planning on a two day stay and doubled it in the end, was so hard to leave this wonderful hostel and it's amazing roof terrace! Thankyou!

Hands down the best hostel in my trip to Peru. I booked a 6 bed room and every bed had a plug and a light, also each bed had curtains which is great. It has a really cool roof where you can hang out and meet other travellers. Also Juan Carlos was the best pat of the hostel, he made me breakfast earlier than usual, as i have to take tour. He was so pleasant the whole time. Gracias Juan Carlos you made my stay amazing!

Good hostel right next to the plaza de armas. Has a nice rooftop terrace. Helps organize a lot of buses, tours to Colca Canyon etc. Location is the big highlight.

It's right on the Main Street which is great location-wise, but did mean it was quite noisy. Nice people running the place and there's a big roof terrace with great views of the volcanoes and a kitchen area. I'd recommend it for a couple of nights, it was good.

Great location in the center of Arequipa, right next to the cathedral, 11 bed room is nice and large with a balcony in the sun. Rooftop kitchen for cooking meals for cheap :) delicious pancake with bananas for breakfast and great help from the staff. Also nice heavy blankets for the beds!

• 15th Jan 2016

Great breakfast and good atmosphere. Best part is the location just off the high street. Showers cold.

Mercaderes hostel has an amazing location around 1min walk to the main square. We stayed in the 6 bed dorm and found it be to ridiculously hot and stuffy. The room itself doesn't have a window so there is very little airflow. The 10 bed dorm is a lot nicer even though it's lacking the curtains that the 6 bed has. The rooftop common area was a nice place to relax after a day exploring the city.

Enjoy the great view of volcanoes from the rooftop while eating Juan Carlos banana pancake. What else to say?

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

Stayed in both the 8 and 10 bed. Would not recommend the 10 due to the proximity to the street. Expect to be woken up either way as many people leave for the Colca Canyon hike at 3AM. Otherwise chill hostel 1 block from plaza de armes. Decent wifi in the rooms as well and a good breakfast!

Amazing location and amazing breakfast of banana pancakes on roof terrace.

• 7th Jan 2016

I stayed here for a week and I loved it! Met some of the best people and it's right in the heart of the city with many great neighborhoods nearby. The rooftop was amazing with great views of the city and the volcanoes. The night manager and banana pancake extraordinaire, Juan Carlos, was absolutely amazing and even walked me out and hailed me a cab at 6 a.m. Definitely recommend this place!

This hostel has an incredible rooftop terrace that's the perfect place to have a drink, read a book, or chat with other people. I have no complaints about this hostel except the location of my room. It's awesome that you are right off of Plaza de Armas, but unfortunately this means that some of the rooms or located on the busy street side. Street noise and music from the surrounding businesses didn't stop until about midnight. With a 2:30 am wakeup call the next day for a tour, that was annoying

The staff were the most helpful staff I've had to date! My first day I came super early around 5am, and they still found a bed to accommodate me in free of charge. One of the staff members was pretty careless in a reservation I had for a bus and as a result my trip was set back a few hours, but the rest of the staff immediately got on it and helped book anything I needed far in advance. The hostel was really clean and had a comfortable atmosphere as well. I definitely recommend.

• 4th Jan 2016

My stay was short and sweet. Laundry service was fast and efficient. Stayed over New Years and watched the fireworks throughout the entire city from the roof top. It was incredible. The staff was beyond amazing, especially because we went wild for new years. They remained patient, understanding, and friendly. I will stay here again on my return north.

This has been my favorite hostel thus far! The location is right next to the plaza de Armas. The staff is friendly and knew my name. The terrace on top has plenty of chairs and provides a nice hang out spot for all the guests. Breakfast includes a pancake, eggs with 2 rolls, and tea. I left my bag there whe I went to the canyon and it was fine. The beds are super comfy! Highly recommend!

Nice hostel, the staff are the best part! Not a party vibe at all but the rooftop is really nice to hang out on. good breakfast, good wifi, bathrooms could be a bit better. Overall very good place.

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff. Had a great time staying there, and the roof-top was clutch to hang out and relax in the evenings before heading out for the night. There's so many cool bars close by also, there really isn't a need to drink in the hostel. Breakfast was amazing as well, banana pancakes instead of the usual bread and jam!

We booked a private room with a double bed. They put us in a room with 4 single beds & still charged us the same price.. Rooms are pretty old as are the beds. Sheets were clean. Bathrooms were OK. Not the cleanest & 3 shared toilet/shower rooms for the whole place but one shower didn't work. Sometimes it was quite a wait for the toilet and shower. Breakfast was banana pancake or scrambled eggs on the terrace and both were lovely!! Perfect location in the city & friendly staff. Can organise tour

« first « Prev 1 2 3