Merhaba Hotel Reviews

Kumbah�e Mh. Akasya Sk.no:11 48400, Bodrum, Turkey

Very, very, very basic accomodation. No staff around to ask any questions, not even a reception desk. In our private double room, the bathroom is literally a shower cubicle with a toilet and sink inside the shower. You get what you pay for, but lack of staff was crap. A couple of metres from edge of beach, restaurants are pricey on beach front. 15 minute walk to castle and main shopping area.

Let's call this Merhaba Hotel what it is... a method to get travelers into pensions that would be peddled at the bus stop. We book Merhaba after reading the reviews and noticing the trend that people were taken elsewhere. We figured, that was just high season. We traveled AFTER high season and upon arrival... BOOM, taken to a different hotel. We met with the owner of the Merhaba who explained that some Aussies has left their bags in our room and didn't return from the island of Kos.

Both the room and the bathrooms were dirty. In the bathroom, the sink, shower and toilet were together. Therefore, if you took a shower the shower would spray the sink, the toilet and the bathroom floor. This was fine unless you wanted to use the bathroom in the next few hours. We paid them for the night then found a wonderful hotel for a lot less money.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel was a good value hostel. The room was great and has AC and the beds were comfortable. The staff were there and provided a map but nothing more. The breakfast was good and the location was also good. Overall an ok stay - good option for cheap in Bodrum.

We asked for a room for 3 people and they gave us a double room with an extra bed(so not enough space even to open the bags).The toilet and room very dirty,so when we asked to clean it they just moped the floor (not sweeping first) and it got worst. There were hairs in the pillows. We booked with anticipation but when we arrived they said they had no room,so they moved us to another hostel and when we asked to see the room first they didn't allow us. We started to complain so they moved us again

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Awful experience. When we arrived at the hostel, we were told some story that the ave was full for the night even though we had made a reservation in advance. We were taken to another property that owner assured us was a good quality place to stay about 4 blocks away which was a complete dump. Location was poor, no toilet paper and we ended up buying garbage bags to put our stuff in as the bed showed signs of bed bugs. Extremely unpleasant experience after a long day of travel.

I was originally supposed to stay here but when I arrived I was told they were over booked and he was going to call his brother to see if he had rooms. I was then shuffled out and made to walk another 15 minutes away with some random person. Stopped at another hostel where they said no again and I was picked up by another guy and brought to another hostel where they finally shoved me in a room and said goodbye. Very below average experience.

We didn't actually stay at merhaba, when we arrived they hadn't checked their email and had no space for us. They took us to a friends pansyon on the other side of town. Tuna pansion was clean and comfortable with a nice garden and in a good location.

We did not even get to stay in the hotel. We were sent to the owners brothers hotel hundreds of meters away (despite him acknowledging our booking). He said it was supposed to be much nicer but then I feel sad for anyone staying in his hotel. It was horrible. They did not know that they had put free parking on their page and we spent a while with the owners son cruising for open spot around town. The toilet door didn't close in one of the rooms. The "free breakfast" cost 10TL.

They didn't have a room for me despite me confirming with them before hand. They said there was no room and someone had overstayed... Staff generally seemed clueless about what to do even though i'd been double booked. Walked me off to some other hotel further up the hill in Bodrum..poor.

Very great staff, especially Murat - went out with me, indicated all the good places in town and organized boat trips. It's a smaller hotel, but with excellent location, close from everything by walk.

• 7th Jul 2014

Nice value for money. Great place if you are looking for clean and cheap place to sleep. Do not expect too much though.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The staff were nice if a little disorganised, they didn't receive our booking and had to put us in a larger room (which was fine). The bathroom was a bit average but fine for the price. The free breakfast was good and the wifi reliable. Because our room was street level, and the main doors were never locked we were slightly concerned about security, but this meant our room was quiet (there were noise concerns from others as a large club is situated close by).

Staff were wonderful, gave us some great information when we first arrived and picked us up from the bus station and then dropped us at the ferry stop early in the morning when we left! Wifi was good as was the breakfast. We seemed to be one of the only ones staying here meaning the rooftop bar was out of action... May just be due to is being there early in the season. We had a private room between two which was comfortable however the bathroom was tiny and smelled like mould.

Good hotel and well located. The breakfast is good, but don`t have a lot of options.

• 21st May 2014

Very nice Hostel and very well located, just 2 min from the Beach and 5 min from the Center, The Hostel is very clean and the Staff is friendly and helpfull, I very liked and enjoyed my Stay at the Merhaba Hostel.

We weren't too sure what to expect from reading the reviews but we really enjoyed our stay here! Owner was lovely and made an awesome breakfast for us in the morning and came to fix the blown bulb in our room as soon as we asked. Sure the bathroom wasn't the cleanest but for what you're paying it's a good stay with a good location.

The hostel is well located, close to the beaches, close to the centre and the port. The room was ok, considering that the price is very good you can't expect much. Like other guests say, the person in reception sleeps on a bed next to his desk. The water of the shower was cold sometimes warm sometimes.... not good. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean enough but the toilet was always wet because of a leak and didn't smell very well. The owner gave us a free shuttle from the station!!

Good rooms and good breakfast. All you really need.

Nothing flashy but with everything you need. Super nice staff who looked after me well. I am a female travelling on my own so security is important to me. It was perfect.

• 14th Sep 2013