Meridian Court Hotel Reviews

Muranga Road, P.O.BOX 30278, Nairobi, Kenya

We were greeted at reception with a fruit juice and total efficiency which was great after our long trip. We did have an issue with the shower which was looked at immediately and as they could not fix it we were given a new room. Really impressed by the service

My stay at Meridian Court Hotel was great. The staff was super friendly, the food was good and it's location is central. The staff was very helpful. I made many inquiries which were answered in a professional manner.

• 21st Jan 2014

It is a hotel more than a hostel.We spent only one night but recommend it for anyone who don't know Nairobi very well and need a place to stay for short time.

The hotel was excellent n clean .. But there is work going . Therefore it was noisy during the day. I booked hotel with breakfast. But the hotel didn't know that I booked hotel with breakfast and had to show copies of booking. Hostelworld needs to clarify .. I would revisit the hotel and I would say good value for money .. Plan your journey and avoid rush hour as hotel is close to city .. Taxis are expensive but always negotiate ..

• 29th Nov 2013

The place is generally fine . My only problem was that I had to go as far as showing the reception staff the web page that said breakfast was included to avid having to pay for it. I didnt appreciate having to beg for something I had paid for. The room was well maintained, other than one guy on reception the staff were nice, he was a rude individual who needs to go on a customer relations course. The staff in the dining area were lovely. The hotel is being renovated at the moment .

Herman at the front desk was also a big help! Breakfast was delicious but expensive.

• 11th Oct 2013

There were a renovation ongoing during our time there (oct -13) wish brought a lot of noises and smoke, but nice personnel at the breakfast:). It's more expensive to book upfront then on some web-site. Good location downtown Nairobi.

• 7th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

The website said "free breakfast" but the reception staff told me it wasn't included. It took me bringing my computer to reception to show them the website for it to be approved. I didn't like having to beg for something I understood I had already paid for. Otherwise a good place to stay .

Its a good hotel and very much value for the money when using hostelworld. The restaurang is not at the same standard. Also lack of places where you can sit and talk. The bar is empty during the daytime. It can be used for sitting and talking. You must also give your staff more authourity to take their own decisions.

• 24th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

The place is being renovated on the outside at the moment so is covered in scaffolding. It is showing its age a bit inside as well but generally it was a good overnighter as it was quiet and comfortable and clean.

• 7th Sep 2013

Friendly staff. Good food and amenities. Construction is in process for many parts of the hotel which make some areas appear messy but all the rooms currently in use are good. In a rough and loud part of Nairobi but I'm not sure there are any parts of Nairobi that don't fit that description! Overall, a good hotel for a reasonable price.

• 24th Jul 2013

We were just staying in Nairobi for 1 night

Although under construction it was an amazing stay and really good hotel!!!! I would deffinatly go back

• 7th May 2013
  • New Zealand

They are still remodeling the place but that did not batter me. Staff was very friendly, receptionist were a pleasure to talk to, extra care in the restaurant with smiling gentleman at breakfast and a warm lady in the evening. Room was very spacious with separate living room and tv and bedroom. Even bathroom and toilet were desperate. Very nice place to stay.

In Nairobi its difficult to find budget-mid range accomandation that is OK and in a decent neighboorhood. The Meridian Court Hotel was a hotel that was completely fine for the price we paid (compared to other places) The lobby was really nice, and we felt welcome by the staff, and the wi-fi is really quick. Our room was also big (like a suite), but it was a bit dusty. For travellelers that

• 16th Apr 2013
  • Norway

We got in quite late and all lights were turned out. Turned out there was still someone sitting in the dark that let us in. It was a little creepy. Tried to charge me a higher price than the confirmed booking price. I had to show the confirmation before they relented. There were dirty underwear on the back of our bathroom door so I didn't feel the cleaning staff was on the ball. They said we could have free water and then charged us for it anyway. All in all probably not unusual for Nairobi.

• 13th Mar 2013

Good hotel with a great bedroom and lounge for what we paid. They were doing some renovating so there was a bit of noise but not really an issue. Helpful and friendly staff and good facilities at the hotel. Would recommend staying here.

The room was very nice and clean and staff was friendly! Good value for money so I would recommend it to anyone.

This is a very good hotel. A coat of paint would improve the face of the hotel.

Fantastic space for the price. Its great to have a suite with 2 baths, even just for me. Great restaurants and a bar on the block. I was so happy I stayed in that location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4