Merith House Hotel Reviews

2-3 Hermitage Place, Leith Links, Edinburgh, Scotland

The two older people we talked to were extremely rude, theyounger lady that showed us to the room was pretty friendly. Our room was a couple of houses away from the reception in a subterranean entrance, if you're tall you gotta duck to enter your room. All in all I found it too expensive for what it offered and was very disappointed by the poor customer service (also I think it quite ridiculous to add the 5 pound charge for being 10 min. late due to traffic, even though we called ahead).

The breakfast was rather disappointing - some ham and cheese are usually part of a continental breakfast. Also I feel that charging £5 for taking care of luggage for a few hours is totally unnecessary. Most places I have stayed in do this for free.