Metropol Hostel Berlin

7.3
Very Good 852 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

The staff was great and lounge was nice. The breakfast was awesome.

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
15th Jul 2017

Great location, nice place, clean and confortable; the wifi was somehow weak! But at the end, I'd definitely stay there again!!!

• England, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2017
6.9

Metropol is situated in Kreuzberg, ideal for your partying needs and right outside there are 2 of the Berlin's highly rated foodspots (Curry36 and the Kebab stall with a never-ending line). The hostel was ok for what I paid however a couple things were lacking. Mostly cleanliness of the bathrooms; no handsoap in the toilets and shower drains seemed to be very blocked. The free breakfast was good and the staff friendly. Not the best hostel for meeting people but I only stayed there one night.

8th Jul 2017
5.7

I was not able to do laundry. Also, I struggle to leave my baggage a few hours after my check out, and I had to pay 2€ to the receptionist.

• sarahb811
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
5.7

Not awful but not the nicest hostel. Wasn't super clean and none of the lockers actually worked. Both the bathroom in the room and the ones down the hall were pretty gross. Wifi is not good like everyone says and there were only 3 outlets for an 8 person dorm. You do get a towel though which is nice. Located right by Mustafa's and in Kruezberg though which is awesome, restaurants and cafes nearby. Staff was helpful and the bed were comfortable but the elevator wasn't working our entire stay.

• China, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2017
6.9

Overall, the hostel is okay with reasonable price. It located next to the station, and famous food shops. The staff are really helpful too. But the wifi is really weak, no matter in the room or the common floor. The room is very smelly, which is quite hard to bear, maybe because of the weather or other roommates.

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2017
6.6

Not really much atmosphere, absolutely huge hostel, used for school trips a lot it seemed

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Jul 2017
6.3

Outside the hostel was a bit dirty/trashy-looking. It lacked direction as to where the reception is, plus it was quite a climb there, so adding a lift would be good. The hallway looked a bit dingy. Breakfast was good, but was the same morning. When I arrived at night, the bed wasn't prepared, I had to ask for pillow and duvet. Beside all that, the location was pretty good, right next to a metro station and food stalls around the entrance. The staffs were friendly and helpful.

• Scotland, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017
5.7

When we arrived, the computer systems were down, which we understood was beyond the control of the staff, but meant there was no electronic check in, card payment, wifi or key cards. We had to be let into our room by staff every time we wanted to go back in, so we felt like we were bothering them each time. There were several groups of loud school children while we were staying, which meant the atmosphere for other guests was quite uncomfortable. Comfy rooms, good facilities but bad timing.

3rd Jul 2017
6.6

Great location but at the day when I was there all the automatic doors were not working so we had to ask someone to open the door for us? That made me quite uncomfortable, also because the staff was in such a bad mood, that i had problems trying to cancel my second day of reservation