Metropolis Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik cad. Terbiyik sok. No:24, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Would definitely stay here again!

The beds came made and my bed sheets were changed every day! The hostel was always clean and the breakfast was epic! Wonderful people on reception, lockers for valuables and a terrace with the bosphorous on your right and Hagia Sofia on your left. Met some lovely people and had a great time.

Really comfy bed and clean rooms and bathrooms. Also dorm size was perfect - 6 beds. Very close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia but located on a small side street. Staff are helpful with activities to do. Breakfast was beautiful on the roof terrace overlooking the water. Tea and cake served just before sunset - perfect for an afternoon lounge/relax.

Great hostel. Spacious. Free lockers in your room, every bunk has its own outlet and the bathrooms were very clean and decent size. Not really a party hostel but was quiet, had an amazing view and was in a great location. Walking distance to everything. Would definitely stay again.

Amazing staff

• 22nd Jun 2015

Greatly enjoyed my stay here. The place, facilities, and location were great! The staff was very helpful with any needs, especially helping me figure out additional travel plans and logistics. Jonny, in particular, is the man. Highly recommend this place.

• 20th Jun 2015

May satu was good, staff was very helpful, and the location is ckose ro many attraction places. The room has good security as we were given personal access card to the room. The only think i wish could have been better was the noise. Out room is close to the rooftop area, so at night it could het noisy because of the bar there. Orher than that i am very satisfied.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Enjoyed my stay very much, easy to meet with other travelers,nice atmosphere, cold beer and shisha on the lovely terrace overlooking boshphorus.Extremely friendly and helpful staff ,even took us to taskim square for pub hopping. Best breakfast I ever had in a hostel , the place is spotless and very safe too..

• 31st May 2015

I had great time at this hostel ( more like a place call home ). All of the staff are just amazing as the people I met during my stay. Breakfast was really good ( young ladies are great). I had wonderful time at the roof top terrace, a place that you dont want to leave with really nice view, people around in a great location.Wi-Fi connection was good they had also a Pc for free.Could not ask for more from this spotless place.

• 25th May 2015

Fantastic hostel. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, own lockers, plugs and lights. Free and great buffet breakfast on the rooftop terrace. Superb location. All you could ask for from a hostel!

Amazing hostel,Johny , Cesar and Faret made me feel like at home. They are very frindly ,helpful and fun people. I loved roof top terrace, enjoyed free breakfast,free shisha, apple tea , turkish delight. I met with so many nice people in this hostel . Two ladies working there they are keeping the hostel extremely clean .Reading light and plugs by the each bed its really handy! Location is awesome too just few minutes walking to SQ. I would come back to this place!!!

• 23rd May 2015

Enjoyed our time at Metropolis Hostel. Staff helped us to organise transfers to Cappadocia and Gallipoli tour. Bathroom had a very bad smell. VERY HARD TO FIND! Directions are not helpful, even with two maps it is next to impossible to locate.

Thank you for your review , We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. For the directions we advised in our '' location '' section on the website please print google mapbefore you leave.Trying finding here with tourist map is not helpful so basicly get directions on google maps and take a screenshot of the map that is quite wiser idea. have a nice holidays

Very good hostel, staff amazing and happy to help. However so few showers and toilets. But do not miss it, probably one of the best hostels of Istanbul.

staff and everyone were most helpfull. Everything clean breakfast quite sufficiant. The staff went out of their way to assist with shuttle to airport and directing us with maps to get around. Pity we were unable to stay longer and will definately go back when in Istanbul.

• 11th May 2015
  • South Africa

I spent six nights here and I really enjoyed my time. Ceaser and Johnny are fun hostel workers but they do need to learn some boundaries with guests (especially female guests). I liked the breakfast and that you could order food for dinner. The roof terrace is incredible. It's really good value for the money and clean. However, if you want a more authentic Istanbul experience I would suggest staying outside of the Sultanahmet.

My room (4th floor) was small but clean. The bathroom was separate from the toilet + washbasin (+hairdryer). Ventilation makes a lot of noise in the bathroom. Each bed has its own socket and bedlamp + locker. There could be more shelves. The common room is on the rooftop, I didn't go at night so I don't really know about the atmosphere. Great to have (regular) breakfast on rooftop. Good location, very close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia + many restaurants 50 meters away.

Cute building, incredible view from terrace, kind and funny staff.Location of hostel is great.I wish I could stay longer...

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Great staff, great location and a great atmosphere. I'll be back next time i go back to istanbul.

Booked for one night than extended for 4 more nights, This place is amazing ,loved view from roof terrace bar, best breakfast I ever had in a hostel,all staff is amazing,superfun,If I ever come back to Istanbul will be staying here again ,Thank you Johnny, Cesar and Fared also to ladies for delicious breakfast, yummy French Toast.

• 14th Apr 2015

Very good location, it's walking distance to most of touristic places. Cleanliness is very good, they take care a lot of this thing. Cesar is very nice, he always helps you!