Metropolis Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik cad. Terbiyik sok. No:24, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Staff were great, very helpful and friendly. Location just perfect for ones who like to explore all sights by walk but also just 10 minutes a way from tram .Cleanest room I ever stayed and bed was comfy.free breakfast and good wifi connection make this place much betterAmazing views from the roof terraceThere is no kitchen but never needed.No doubt I would choose this place again and recommand to my friends.

• 30th Jan 2016

Very clean and comfy.great value for money. Staff is friendly too.i personally had a great experince and would recommend it here to my friends.

• 25th Jan 2016

I had quite pleasant stay with no complains.I ordered transfer and upon arrival driver was ready there holding my name.Welcomed well by the staff with good information ,recommandations.My room was clean and cozy.Breakfast was good enough for a hostel stay.I had wifi in the room ,reading light and plugs by my bed that was convenience.Its low season in istanbul now so there were not many tourist around therefore cant really say anything about atmosphere but I am sure its lovely during the summer

• 21st Jan 2016

Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Free access to wifi .Staff were really friendly and kind.Always ready for any question.Breakfast was free and good.Amazing view from the roof terrace and location is unbeatable.Definetly is worth to give a try.

• 7th Jan 2016

Amazing little hostel located in old town.Literally few minutes a way from main square. I have enjoyed my stay a lot.Met with wonderful people, enjoyed breakfast and view from the roof terrace.Staff were friendly and very kind to me.I wish I could stay longer

• 25th Dec 2015

You guys provided everything I wanted in a hostel. Awesome staff

• 4th Dec 2015

It was good to stay there.the room for 4 people was quite small but enough to spend the night.There was a free locker in the room.The view of the terrace is so beautiful.

Initially difficult to find this hostel, although there was a power cut at the time which made it more tricky. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. Rooms very clean with plenty of space. There's a nice bar on the roof terrace which I imagine is popular in peak season but sadly deserted when I was there in November. The location is excellent being 5-10 mins walk from all main attractions in Sultanahmet & tram stop. Nice to be on this street with a great selection of restaurants & bars.

The Metropolis Hostel was a warm and welcoming haven from the bustling Sultanahmet neighborhood. The staff were friendly and made the hostel feel homey; they were also very helpful with logistics and offered free apple tea in the evenings! A perfect base for a quick first trip to Istanbul.

• 13th Nov 2015

Overall good hostel.

The hostel is perfectly located for sightseeing with a very familiar atmosphere. Breakfast was really nice, Turkish style and very generous. The rooftop terasse is amazing when the weather is nice. Our double room was cozy and with the bed comfy. The only thing to keep in mind is that you can hear everything in the morning (people talking, going to the bathroom, checking out, coming back from breakfast etc.) But that shouldn't bother you if you came to discover the city anyway!

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

Excellent hostel in the hearth of old town .Just few minutes a way from hagia sophia , blue mosque and cistern. Staff were really friendly and helpful, There was not many people staying at the hostel I assume its low season now in Istanbul but still I met with some wonderful people and staff took us to taksim sq. For some drinks and live band ..Best Breakfast I ever had in a hostel . I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again

• 2nd Nov 2015

Stayed one night in room 402. Fantastic view and comfortable bed.Location is very Good. They offer cheap transfer to the airport , its really handy.Breakfast is delicious too.Thanks for the hospitality.

• 1st Nov 2015
  • Belgium

If you want to stay close to all the historical mosques, great Turkish restaurants, then this Hostel is for you. Not far to get to the trams. Lovely little room. Great double bed and super shower. I'm out all the time so who needs a big flashy room? Room cleaned every day. Usual Turkish breakfast but wish they had a toaster for guests to toast bread though. Fantastic, helpful and knowledgeable staff. I will be staying there again next year. Recommend this place. Stairs are a little steep.

• 26th Oct 2015

This hostel is very well located. You can go to the blue mosquet, Ayasofia and take the tram just 5-10 minutes walking. They have a beautiful sight on the roof. The breakfast was good and the host were very nice people. Most of them. I didin't like it that much because you were not allowed to bring food or any kind of beverage. Also there were not commun areas after midnight. They have no kitchen.

Amazing Hostel in a wonderful location, just few minutes a way from Hagia Sophia.Splendid views from roof top patio. Thats were they serve free yummy breakfast also.Cesar was very friendly and helpful with directions , tips etc..They organised cheap airport shuttle for me from hostel to airport only 6 euros. Can’t complain about this place at all and its absolutely great value!!

• 14th Oct 2015

The location is wonderful, the facilities are really good and the terrace is amazing, but the staff was bad bad bad with directions and are not helpful. If you can, choose another place to stay.

Best one to stay in istanbul near to all the touristical sites and tram station.you can visit all sites by walking. If i'm coming again to istanbul i will stay in Metropolis hostel.

cleanest hostel I ever stayed. I felt very safe there and the location of the hostel is very good .Included breakfast was yummy ( they serve on the roof terrace overlooking straight of Istanbul). Staff are superfriendly and helpful, I got ansever for all my questions .I would definetly recommend to my friends. Istanbul is great city!!

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Czech Republic

I loved my stay , Everyone is nice and helpful there. Its a clean and secure hostel in a good location.The view is amazing.Thank you Cesar for ansevering to all of my questions and for the great tips. I will return to this place soon.

• 26th Sep 2015