Metropolis Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik cad. Terbiyik sok. No:24, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Amazing Staff that does everything to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable!

Really well located in the old town, this hostel has a great view of the Bosphorus from the roof top terrace. Staff were helpful and friendly, our room was comfortable and extremely clean.

It was a little bit hard to find the hostel when I arrive, because of the many different streets in Istanbul, but actually it is REALLY well located. Near the main touristic sights, restaurants and public transportation. The view of my room was amazing also!

Great hostel! I just wished my room's a/c had worked because it was really hot in there by morning even with windows open. Otherwise, rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean, and rooftop terrace and free breakfast was great! Staff was also friendly and helpful.

Really nice and helpful people, wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff, clean rooms and showers.

• 14th Jul 2014

Great location! Friendly staff, this was the beginning of two weeks in Turkey, my friend who I was traveling with has a nut allergy, the staff were very helpfull in teaching us how to say it in Turkish and even wrote a note in Turkish that she could use any where we ate so that the waiters would understand.

• 13th Jul 2014

Near perfect hostel exept for one tiny little detail. On their page they claim to have 24 hours hot water. In reality they had problems even offering 24 hours running water, much less hot. During our four days we had one day with no water at all, and two afternoons with a dribbel of luke warm water. Other than that, the place is great, good breakfast (bread, cheese, meat, greens, honey, jam, yoghurt, coffee/tea) convenient location and amazing roofbar. The staff is freindly and helpfull as well.

thank you for your review also for staying with us, As we informed you , there was no any water ( For that evening )in 75 % of the city NO ONLY IN OUR HOSTEL , to bad that has effect your last night stay with us, we hope that will not happen anymore

Overall a good hostel. Did not like that the front door was open to the street 24/7, yet it was not always manned by a staff member as they were usually up in the terrace bar on an evening. There could have been more bathroom facilities as we found ourselves waiting to use the toilet on numerous occasions. The view from the terrace bar was fantastic; eating breakfast up there every morning was a pleasure. The breakfast was great and the two lady's who served breakfast were very friendly.

thanks very much for your review also for staying with us, just wanted to correct 2 things, our staff monitoring enterance 24/ 7 via sec. cam even while they stay on the roof, we have quite enough number of shower and toilets and we have explained to you upon check in that while one of the bathroom is busy you could use the others in lower or uper floors and no need to wait,

Good location to visit the tourist locations and near the main tourist hostel street. Very clean. Friendly staff.

Friendly staff

Great location. Very clean. Awesome staff. Helped me book my bus ride down to Goreme through another hostel when there bus company was full. Really enjoyed this place! Thanks guys!

A nice stay at this Hostel - I actually stayed here on 2 separate occasions in a double room - great that they gave me a single room price. The second time - I had missed a flight and was desperate for accommodation and the Metropolis staff came to the rescue! Also a good time up on the rooftop meeting fellow travelers while having shisha

Great Hostel! The beautiful rooftop terrace and daily breakfast alone are fantastic. The staff are very helpful and the location is perfect for all the big tourist attractions in the city. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 14th Jun 2014

Aircon was leaking and the place is rather squeezy but location is very good and arguably worth the price.

Great location and very clean. Comfortable beds and great breakfast on rooftop with a view. It didn't seem like there was much of an atmosphere for meeting other travelers.

Very nice place, and staff.I recomend.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Absolutely fantastic location, great breakfast,nice staff..

• 1st Jun 2014

Great view from the rooftop terrace on Marmara Sea. Modern hostel and clean facilities. Friendly staff and good breakfast. The neighborhood is surprisingly quiet as Blue Mosque is in walking distance. Many restaurants and other hostels close by so the whole area seems to be prepared for backpackers (we preferred the little alleys in Beyoglu as these are not too touristic...).

Metropolis was a great hostel. The location of the hostel was great. One can easily walk to most of places in old town and it's just 5mins far to the tram. Breakfast served at terrace every morning was the best start. Also roof bar is a great place to have some drink and meet other travellers. I would stay here again!!!!

• 28th May 2014
  • Spain

An exceptionally clean hostel. The rooftop terrace was a nice place to have a drink and meet people (I'm a 31yo male traveling solo). The menu they offer is from their nearby restaurant Babylonia which is really nice. If you're looking for a place about 5 minutes walk to Blue Mosque or Aya Sofia this place is definitely it. I paid 48TL per night for a 4-person dorm which was one of the more expensive hostels I stayed at but the cleanliness and proximity was worth it. Lockers in each room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3