Metropolis Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik cad. Terbiyik sok. No:24, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Very good hostel, staff amazing and happy to help. However so few showers and toilets. But do not miss it, probably one of the best hostels of Istanbul.

staff and everyone were most helpfull. Everything clean breakfast quite sufficiant. The staff went out of their way to assist with shuttle to airport and directing us with maps to get around. Pity we were unable to stay longer and will definately go back when in Istanbul.

• 11th May 2015
  • South Africa

I spent six nights here and I really enjoyed my time. Ceaser and Johnny are fun hostel workers but they do need to learn some boundaries with guests (especially female guests). I liked the breakfast and that you could order food for dinner. The roof terrace is incredible. It's really good value for the money and clean. However, if you want a more authentic Istanbul experience I would suggest staying outside of the Sultanahmet.

My room (4th floor) was small but clean. The bathroom was separate from the toilet + washbasin (+hairdryer). Ventilation makes a lot of noise in the bathroom. Each bed has its own socket and bedlamp + locker. There could be more shelves. The common room is on the rooftop, I didn't go at night so I don't really know about the atmosphere. Great to have (regular) breakfast on rooftop. Good location, very close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia + many restaurants 50 meters away.

Cute building, incredible view from terrace, kind and funny staff.Location of hostel is great.I wish I could stay longer...

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Great staff, great location and a great atmosphere. I'll be back next time i go back to istanbul.

Booked for one night than extended for 4 more nights, This place is amazing ,loved view from roof terrace bar, best breakfast I ever had in a hostel,all staff is amazing,superfun,If I ever come back to Istanbul will be staying here again ,Thank you Johnny, Cesar and Fared also to ladies for delicious breakfast, yummy French Toast.

• 14th Apr 2015

Very good location, it's walking distance to most of touristic places. Cleanliness is very good, they take care a lot of this thing. Cesar is very nice, he always helps you!

Brilliant Hostel, located in awesome position almost easy to walk everywhere,They have beautiful roof top patio, which you can enjoy the view of boshphorus and asian part of the city, having cold beer and enjoy delicius free buffet breakfast served by 2 friendly lady, Staff were amazing, hips of info, advices,free shisha and apple tea.Special thanks to Cesar for great night out, Turkish band was really cool. They also organise cheap transfer services to the airports which was really convenience.

• 31st Mar 2015

Great hostel in excellent location. Staff is very friendly and could not be more helpful. Rooms and bathrooms were always clean and breakfast served at roof top is one of the best you can get in a hostel.

• 21st Mar 2015

Metropolis Hostel is best place to stay in İstanbul. The location is very central and close to most of touristic places to visit. There many restaurants and shisha bars around. Excellent roof bar. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Free shisha at roof bar and following pubcrawl was really great. We would never find those kind of bars and clup without staff help. Excellent breakfast and fast internet. Thank you for having me and great stay!

• 20th Feb 2015