Metropolis Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik cad. Terbiyik sok. No:24, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Really well located in the old town, this hostel has a great view of the Bosphorus from the roof top terrace. Staff were helpful and friendly, our room was comfortable and extremely clean.

Wonderful hostel , located in a quite street yet is just 5 – 10 minutes walking distance from most popüler attractions, Very friendly staff always ready for any question , they organize cheap airport transfers, daily Gallipoli tours , baths and bosphorus cruise, free breakfast is quite yummy and the view from terrace is out of this world, This the cleanest hostel I ever stayyed. Definetly worth the money you pay for.

• 19th Jul 2014

It was a little bit hard to find the hostel when I arrive, because of the many different streets in Istanbul, but actually it is REALLY well located. Near the main touristic sights, restaurants and public transportation. The view of my room was amazing also!

Great hostel! I just wished my room's a/c had worked because it was really hot in there by morning even with windows open. Otherwise, rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean, and rooftop terrace and free breakfast was great! Staff was also friendly and helpful.

Staff is very nice and helpfull, facilities are very good and clean, defenetly worth the money.

• 15th Jul 2014

Wow!!! What a great hostel. We have been travelling all eastern europe and finished our trip in İstanbul at Metropolis Hostel and so far it was best hostel we have stayed in. The location is unbeatable and you can even see most of place from roof bar. Free breakfast was the best one we have had aswell. Staff is very friendly and Will organise your travel need inluding cheap Turkish spa and airport shuttle. Overall had blast time both in İstanbul and Metropolis Hostel.

• 14th Jul 2014

Really nice and helpful people, wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff, clean rooms and showers.

• 14th Jul 2014

Great location! Friendly staff, this was the beginning of two weeks in Turkey, my friend who I was traveling with has a nut allergy, the staff were very helpfull in teaching us how to say it in Turkish and even wrote a note in Turkish that she could use any where we ate so that the waiters would understand.

• 13th Jul 2014

Near perfect hostel exept for one tiny little detail. On their page they claim to have 24 hours hot water. In reality they had problems even offering 24 hours running water, much less hot. During our four days we had one day with no water at all, and two afternoons with a dribbel of luke warm water. Other than that, the place is great, good breakfast (bread, cheese, meat, greens, honey, jam, yoghurt, coffee/tea) convenient location and amazing roofbar. The staff is freindly and helpfull as well.

thank you for your review also for staying with us, As we informed you , there was no any water ( For that evening )in 75 % of the city NO ONLY IN OUR HOSTEL , to bad that has effect your last night stay with us, we hope that will not happen anymore

Overall a good hostel. Did not like that the front door was open to the street 24/7, yet it was not always manned by a staff member as they were usually up in the terrace bar on an evening. There could have been more bathroom facilities as we found ourselves waiting to use the toilet on numerous occasions. The view from the terrace bar was fantastic; eating breakfast up there every morning was a pleasure. The breakfast was great and the two lady's who served breakfast were very friendly.

thanks very much for your review also for staying with us, just wanted to correct 2 things, our staff monitoring enterance 24/ 7 via sec. cam even while they stay on the roof, we have quite enough number of shower and toilets and we have explained to you upon check in that while one of the bathroom is busy you could use the others in lower or uper floors and no need to wait,

Perfect location and helpfull staff.

• 26th Jun 2014

Good location to visit the tourist locations and near the main tourist hostel street. Very clean. Friendly staff.

Friendly staff

Great location. Very clean. Awesome staff. Helped me book my bus ride down to Goreme through another hostel when there bus company was full. Really enjoyed this place! Thanks guys!

A nice stay at this Hostel - I actually stayed here on 2 separate occasions in a double room - great that they gave me a single room price. The second time - I had missed a flight and was desperate for accommodation and the Metropolis staff came to the rescue! Also a good time up on the rooftop meeting fellow travelers while having shisha

Great Hostel! The beautiful rooftop terrace and daily breakfast alone are fantastic. The staff are very helpful and the location is perfect for all the big tourist attractions in the city. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 14th Jun 2014

Aircon was leaking and the place is rather squeezy but location is very good and arguably worth the price.

Great location and very clean. Comfortable beds and great breakfast on rooftop with a view. It didn't seem like there was much of an atmosphere for meeting other travelers.

Very nice place, and staff.I recomend.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Absolutely fantastic location, great breakfast,nice staff..

• 1st Jun 2014