Metropolis Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik cad. Terbiyik sok. No:24, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Really great place, felt very comfortable staying here. Lovely people, clean rom and bathroom.

• 25th Mar 2014

100% friendly service, beautiful view from terrace, tasty breakfast with bread, cheese, eggs, vegetables and fruit, excellent location near historical sights. Little bit difficult to find at first, but just ask some friendly local and they will help you to find the way. Really good hostel that I definetely would recommend to my friends when visiting istanbul!

Very good location, great value for money, clean and fun.

• 19th Mar 2014

Key location , spotless room & bathrooms, free delicious breakfast and fast internet.Very friendly and informative staff will help to explore city better way with tips - directions and recommandations. Gorgeous view from terrace ( full moon rising was terrific).Absolutely worthed every single penny we paid. We will come back in the end of our trip around Turkey.

• 13th Mar 2014

Awesome stay.This place is really clean and located in very nice street a way from noise. Terrific view from the roof bar, this is also where they serve free awesome breakfast in the mornings.in the evenings they serve cheap drinks at their roof bar with cool chill out music,Staff was very friendly and they organise events free shisha and pub crawl.They have cheap transfer from/to airport also great sightseing tours.Overall I would stay here again without doubt and would recommend everyone.

• 12th Mar 2014

Lovely hostel in a great location. İt was very close to most of tourist attaction and actually we could see the blue mosque, st.sophia and topkapi palace from our hostel roof top. The hostel was very clean and bed was quite comfortable for a good night sleep. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very good and free wifi worked very well and it was very fast. Also we joined a pubcrawl after having free shisha at roof bar and pubcrawl was quite fun.

• 9th Mar 2014

Really nice place) Thanks a lot!

The only bad thing is that the heating wasn't working or it wasn't stong enough to warm the room. I spent very very cold nights

I stayed here for a week and will definitely be returning. It's clean, friendly, safe, has a nice atmosphere,comfy beds. It is in a nice area and near hagia sophia.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Russia

Prime location , outstanding views, delicious breakfast,Staff could not be more helpful with my heavy bags, advises ,tips,aranging tours and transfers,Located in a quite street therefore great sleep quality a way from noise,I must say this was the cleanest hostel I ever stayed at. Great value as well. I enjoyed my stay and will recommed friends.

• 9th Jan 2014

Staff is great - we enjoyed speaking with the brothers on staff & hanging out on the rooftop with them! They were also helpful booking our travel to Cappadocia.

Very good place to stay in Istanbul! very nice atmosphere in the Roof top common room and terrace with beautiful view on the bosphorus and parts of istanbul

The location of the hotel was perfect. Nice people works there.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Tunisia

Clean room, comfortable bed, nice breakfast. nice roof bar

We booked a two bed room private ensuite. Unfortunately the hostel was full and we got an upgrade to a hotel next door that is owned by the same owner. But, we still ate breakfast at the hostel with a tremendous view over the Bosporus. The staff was always very nice and welcoming. Furthermore, the location is right next to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazar and the Metro is close. I would stay there again (also without the upgrade).

Excellent location close to most of the big tourist sights and the T1 tram to take you to Beyoglu/Taksim. Staff was extremely helpful with bags and questions. It's also spotlessly clean. I wish there were more bathrooms, more dorm beds and single rooms--there are a lot of couple's rooms and that made it less social. Also wish the roof was open past midnight because there's nowhere to socialize late without disturbing others. I'd recommend it to a friend, though!

• 27th Dec 2013

the staff was very friendly. the rooms were clean. overall had a good time staying at the hoste

• 20th Dec 2013

I thought it was a very nice stay, only minor details were missing like more places to hang your clothes in the shower, maybe shelves... but that is really just petty things. Awesome stay!

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Great hostel with really nice staff and beautiful view from terrace. I like the breakfast so much and having it on the roof even better. Hostel it was warm during the cold istanbul days , staff offered alots of free apple tea and sometime hookah, Location of the hostel is just perfect for starting explore the city, only 10 minutes a way from tram stop and is just couple minutes a way from hagia sophia blue mosq. and the palace...

• 6th Dec 2013

Nice hostel, handy location and it's very secure,Breakfast was good, Free WiFi was available and connection was good, Great value as well, Definetly recommended.

• 5th Dec 2013