Metropolis Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik cad. Terbiyik sok. No:24, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The Hostel is comfortable, staff is very friendly, excellent position. Many thanks!!

Great location, nice and warm, comfy beds, clean beds, clean towels, affordable.

The staff were always helpful and friendly. We really liked the bar on the roof terrace that was popular with all guests and made you feel welcome. It was easy to get to know people even if you were on your own you were never lonely.

• 5th Sep 2013

This is one of the nicest hostels that I have ever stayed at. From the friendly greeting to the beautiful rooftop and breakfast to the comfortable bunk, clean room and adjoining bathroom with hot water to the WIFI to the great location . I loved it!

Fantastic hostel , very well located and they offer great accommodations,I liked the roof terrace bar,free breakfast and fast speed internet.This is a cool place if you like to meet with other travelers , at least during my stay I have met with wonderful people.Definetly I will stay here again upon my return to istanbul city

• 1st Sep 2013

Stayed here in a triple room for one night. Arrived very early in the morning and were able to shower and breakfast. They held our luggage until checkin time which was very helpful. We were upgraded to their sister hotel which was very nice. Terrace with view to the bosphorous a relaxing place. Highly reccommend this hostel. Situated close to all major attractions.

• 1st Sep 2013
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Excellent atmosphere and very welcoming staff..

• 30th Aug 2013

One the plus side, the Metropolis has a nice rooftop terrace with its leafy awning and unobstructed view of the Bosphorus. And the included breakfast is good if you reach it before its last half hour, when pickins get slim. Downside: dorm rooms are a little more cramped, lack lockers or wall hooks. Roof is the only common room but is closed between midnight to b-fast.

Location was perfect. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• 29th Aug 2013

We had an awesome stay in this place.From the begining untill the end we enjoyed our stay very much , staff are cool , helpful and informative, We had nice experiences with their events , pub crawls , free shisha night, cheap shots night. Roof terrace was just terrific.Special thanks to Johnny who took care of us and took us night out. Overall I would definetly stay here again

• 29th Aug 2013

Great hostel, very close to major attractions yet located in a small street a way from trafic and noise from other pubs and bars,Free breakfast served at the roof top terrace was just awesome,Friendly and helpful staff looked after us and they made our stay quite comfortable,The roof terrace bar is beautiful place for a cold beer in the end of the day and chat with fellow travelers.

It cozy. Has a few rooms and its off the Main Street with eateries. But only by a minute walk.

Awesome hostel , central location and beautiful roof top patio,We enjoyed so much their breakfast, all of the staff was lovely but I must say Johnny is the most funnyy :), they are friendly and ready for any question, they help me a lot when my bag lost in airport ,They serve cheap drinks on the roof top bar and sometime they put happy hours , when you can enjoy free shisha and get cheap drinks,Our beds was comfortable and the showers were clean too, I must say that this was one of the best host

• 23rd Aug 2013

I want to write a nice review for this hostel as their bartender was very friendly

Excellent location, people working there, very very informative and helpful.

theres nothing bad to say, everything was amazing, and the view from the roof terace is just stunning...go on like that!!!

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Austria

great little place with a nice view and perfectly located. room (double) was nice they even threw in a thick blanket

This hostel have very good location , is easy to walk almost everywhere,Our room was claned daily and our towels refreshed as well, There is a included breakfast and is really good ( they serve in their beautiful roof terrace).Staff are so nice and you could ask them anything you need, they are always ready for any question, Overall we had a pleasant stay and we would recommed this place.

• 11th Aug 2013
  • China

Great hostel with a lovely view ,I truely enjoy every single day of my stay and well worth for the money I paid, is very clean place and people work there are doing their best for the most comfortable stay, Free breakfast was awesome,internet was fast, they have cheap drinks in their roof terrace bar they organize events like pub crawl , free sihsha nights and cheap shots night, I will definetly come back to this place.

• 9th Aug 2013

We ended up in their additional location around the corner. Prime location, clean rooms, good breakfast and helpful staff. Great rooftop terrace overlooking the Bosporus.