Metropolis Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik cad. Terbiyik sok. No:24, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

People were really friendly and nice. The beds seem to be really cleaned. Good shower facility and good breakfast.

Very close to the sites of Old Town. Kind of a touristy area, but feels very safe. They have a nice rooftop, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Hostel is clean and location is convenient. The bed is good and with a nice blanket.

• 13th Sep 2013

Staff are not friendly, you should pay more attention on bathrooms

Dear Guest, You never talk with any of our staff no even a greeting ( except check in time), Due to water shortage in the city for a half day we agree that there was problem in the bathrooms for couple hours , but thats it, I would reconsider again before write a comment about a place, as you stayed only one day here and I dont think that you got our real hostel character and atmosphere ,I think our other guests review give better ansever to your comment.

This is a good hostel , central location make everything easy as its easy to walk almost everywhere, Free breakfast was good enough for a hostel, internet was available and the rooms were clean , Roof top bar have a really good view of the boshphorus and prices for drinks are cheap compare to other places around,staff were friendly too, We had a good stay there and would stay here again.

• 10th Sep 2013

Very good hostel. Loved the breakfast on the rooftop terrace each morning and it was a great area for socializing in the evenings too. Met lots of awesome people at this hostel. Johnny who works there is also very friendly!

The Hostel is comfortable, staff is very friendly, excellent position. Many thanks!!

Great location, nice and warm, comfy beds, clean beds, clean towels, affordable.

The staff were always helpful and friendly. We really liked the bar on the roof terrace that was popular with all guests and made you feel welcome. It was easy to get to know people even if you were on your own you were never lonely.

• 5th Sep 2013

This is one of the nicest hostels that I have ever stayed at. From the friendly greeting to the beautiful rooftop and breakfast to the comfortable bunk, clean room and adjoining bathroom with hot water to the WIFI to the great location . I loved it!

Fantastic hostel , very well located and they offer great accommodations,I liked the roof terrace bar,free breakfast and fast speed internet.This is a cool place if you like to meet with other travelers , at least during my stay I have met with wonderful people.Definetly I will stay here again upon my return to istanbul city

• 1st Sep 2013

Stayed here in a triple room for one night. Arrived very early in the morning and were able to shower and breakfast. They held our luggage until checkin time which was very helpful. We were upgraded to their sister hotel which was very nice. Terrace with view to the bosphorous a relaxing place. Highly reccommend this hostel. Situated close to all major attractions.

• 1st Sep 2013
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Excellent atmosphere and very welcoming staff..

• 30th Aug 2013

One the plus side, the Metropolis has a nice rooftop terrace with its leafy awning and unobstructed view of the Bosphorus. And the included breakfast is good if you reach it before its last half hour, when pickins get slim. Downside: dorm rooms are a little more cramped, lack lockers or wall hooks. Roof is the only common room but is closed between midnight to b-fast.

Location was perfect. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• 29th Aug 2013

We had an awesome stay in this place.From the begining untill the end we enjoyed our stay very much , staff are cool , helpful and informative, We had nice experiences with their events , pub crawls , free shisha night, cheap shots night. Roof terrace was just terrific.Special thanks to Johnny who took care of us and took us night out. Overall I would definetly stay here again

• 29th Aug 2013

Great hostel, very close to major attractions yet located in a small street a way from trafic and noise from other pubs and bars,Free breakfast served at the roof top terrace was just awesome,Friendly and helpful staff looked after us and they made our stay quite comfortable,The roof terrace bar is beautiful place for a cold beer in the end of the day and chat with fellow travelers.

It cozy. Has a few rooms and its off the Main Street with eateries. But only by a minute walk.

Awesome hostel , central location and beautiful roof top patio,We enjoyed so much their breakfast, all of the staff was lovely but I must say Johnny is the most funnyy :), they are friendly and ready for any question, they help me a lot when my bag lost in airport ,They serve cheap drinks on the roof top bar and sometime they put happy hours , when you can enjoy free shisha and get cheap drinks,Our beds was comfortable and the showers were clean too, I must say that this was one of the best host

• 23rd Aug 2013

I want to write a nice review for this hostel as their bartender was very friendly