Mewargarh Palace Reviews

733,near bade purohit ki haveli, imlighat, Udaipur, India

Great hotel with a good family vibe Pros * The staff were fantastic - some of the best I have met in India * Very clean - I saw the kitchen and dining area cleaned multiple times daily * Well located (5 mins walk to the city palace) although a little back from the lake Tips * Watch the sunset from the roof of a Hotel Tiger * Climb up to the top of the stairs then up to the water tanks at Mewargah and watch the sunrise

The hostel is very good. Clean. The location is quite central, but the hostel is tucked away in a little alley and therefore very hard to find. At night you might feel somewhat uncomfortable walking theough these dark little streets, but don't worry it's absolutely safe and people are friendly as they are used to people of the hostel walking through there. Definitely stay at Mewargarh. It's worth it

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and bright and shower had hot water. The rooftop terrace served really nice food and gave a lovely atmosphere.

Stayed for just one night here and it was nothing special. Relatively decent value for money- the wifi and bathroom were slightly subpar considering the price though. It's also a fair hike from the main hub of the town, but that's not an issues unless you've got heavy bags. I did really like the common area and social atmosphere of this place though. Would recommend for a short stopover in udaipur only.

So I had a nice stay in this guest house, bedding was lovely and my room clean so was the shared bathroom, food was ok in the roof top restaurant and a great view day and night. I fell over whilst walking the streets by the hotel and the staff were very attentive when I returned to make sure I was ok. Staff were friendly. Was a bit of a walk to the centre and the first time I got lost but it's nice and quiet location and only a 10 mins walk.

without a doubt my best stay in India. Really helpful staff (i got lost and they came to pick me up across the city lol). Non of the usual 'hidden agenda' rubbish you will find across India. This place is clean, professional, great location (a wee bit of a maze of streets). ++

• 16th Feb 2014

goodie and honey try hard but they havnt got it right its very very noisy at night and freezing cold when i was there they did provide quilts but no heating of any description so i left on good terms and went to another hotel for more comfort

It is a lovely place to stay at. The owner/manager are very professional and helpful. The room are tastefully decorated and very clean. 24h hot water and good Wi-fi are also available. To sum it up, it is excellent value for money. I would definitely recommend and would stay there again.

It is a family business and the staff is honest and reliable! Hot water runs perfectly. WiFi a little bit slow sometimes but we really enjoy out stay at Mewargarh Palace! I recommend it 100%!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Ok hostel, a bit out of the way. We did a tour through them and pleased with that. Food is very mediocre. Our major complaint was we booked a 7 hour bus trip through this guest house and were put on the grubbiest, most decrepided bus we have ever experienced and we have travelled in many countries. The bus was unsafe for anyone to be on. We sent them an email and they were going to check into this.

Had a fantastic welcome here. The family who runs this guesthouse is very warm and helpful and it is located in a good place. Close to the intresting stuff but a bit tuckd away which ment that is was relatively quiet at night which means that you can get a nice sleephere. Another plus for letting me rest on an extra bed for a few hours when i arrived earlier than expected in the morning from the overnight bus and all the rooms were full.

Really good place to stay. Nice staff and great food!

Great rooftop cafe for hanging out and breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and spotless rooms and great location. Wish I could have stayed longer.

One of my best stays in India. Only minor thing is the sounds of the mosque at night.

Great friendly people and a great value

Very good and extremely friendly guesthouse. Great hot showers, good beds and free rickshaw pick-up from the train station. I would recommend this guesthouse.

Highly recommended. This might be the nicest guesthouse I've stayed at. The rooms we had (2nd floor) were spotless, new, and well-decorated. Hot showers, great wifi. Restaurant good for relaxing + meeting people. The staff were friendly, professional, and funny. They were present without being obtrusive. The price was great. They even provide a little toiletry package at check-in AND they take credit cards. Fantastic! One issue: restaurant food was so-so (watery porridge, squishy spaghetti).

View all Udaipur Bed and Breakfasts