Mewargarh Palace Reviews

733,near bade purohit ki haveli, imlighat, Udaipur, India

Hard to find but that made it a quieter location and only a 5 minute walk to the lakes and most restaurants. Excellent introduction from the staff including a map and in a non pushy way giving us info on local attractions and things we could book through them. Hot showers. Didn't eat or drink there.

It was not so easy to find this guest house, but everything else was ok. Friendly owner, clean. Good kitchen. I can recomend.

Wonderful place. The brother and sister who own it will treat you very fairly. I felt respected, and well considered. It was probably the nicest place we stayed while in Inida.

The couple that operates the place speak excellent English and are very helpful, the cafe food is decent, and rooms are simple but clean and airy. The only aspect that left anything to be desired was the location, which was right next to a mosque (the call to prayer got a little loud) and up a rather steep hill that, while providing a nice view from their restaurant, is a bit of a pain to walk back up to at the end of a day. Overall a very nice place to stay.

As I female soil traveller I felt safe staying here. Everything was very clean, the water was always hot and the wifi was good. I would definitely stay here again.

• 16th Jan 2015