Mewargarh Palace Reviews

733,near bade purohit ki haveli, imlighat, Udaipur, India

Had a really nice stay here. The family running this is very helpful, let us keep our bags there till late bus. Centrally located, albeit up a little hill (though great views). Would stay here again.

Very friendly staff, everything was nice and clean, it was a very comfortable stay!

Nice rooms and very clean. Location is a short walk to the main street and palace. Free pick up too from train station was good, still picked me up even though train was 3 hours late. Thanks!

I adored this place! I wish i'd stayed longer. There isn't a bad word to say. The family were impeccable hosts, the room comfortable, and the rooftop view (a must-catch for sunrise!) quite superb! Also, with it being a 5 minute walk away from the main 'strip', it creates the wonderful illusion of seclusion in a bustling neighborhood. Highly recommended!

Great hotel with a good family vibe Pros * The staff were fantastic - some of the best I have met in India * Very clean - I saw the kitchen and dining area cleaned multiple times daily * Well located (5 mins walk to the city palace) although a little back from the lake Tips * Watch the sunset from the roof of a Hotel Tiger * Climb up to the top of the stairs then up to the water tanks at Mewargah and watch the sunrise

The hostel is very good. Clean. The location is quite central, but the hostel is tucked away in a little alley and therefore very hard to find. At night you might feel somewhat uncomfortable walking theough these dark little streets, but don't worry it's absolutely safe and people are friendly as they are used to people of the hostel walking through there. Definitely stay at Mewargarh. It's worth it

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and bright and shower had hot water. The rooftop terrace served really nice food and gave a lovely atmosphere.

Stayed for just one night here and it was nothing special. Relatively decent value for money- the wifi and bathroom were slightly subpar considering the price though. It's also a fair hike from the main hub of the town, but that's not an issues unless you've got heavy bags. I did really like the common area and social atmosphere of this place though. Would recommend for a short stopover in udaipur only.

So I had a nice stay in this guest house, bedding was lovely and my room clean so was the shared bathroom, food was ok in the roof top restaurant and a great view day and night. I fell over whilst walking the streets by the hotel and the staff were very attentive when I returned to make sure I was ok. Staff were friendly. Was a bit of a walk to the centre and the first time I got lost but it's nice and quiet location and only a 10 mins walk.

without a doubt my best stay in India. Really helpful staff (i got lost and they came to pick me up across the city lol). Non of the usual 'hidden agenda' rubbish you will find across India. This place is clean, professional, great location (a wee bit of a maze of streets). ++

• 16th Feb 2014

goodie and honey try hard but they havnt got it right its very very noisy at night and freezing cold when i was there they did provide quilts but no heating of any description so i left on good terms and went to another hotel for more comfort

It is a lovely place to stay at. The owner/manager are very professional and helpful. The room are tastefully decorated and very clean. 24h hot water and good Wi-fi are also available. To sum it up, it is excellent value for money. I would definitely recommend and would stay there again.

It is a family business and the staff is honest and reliable! Hot water runs perfectly. WiFi a little bit slow sometimes but we really enjoy out stay at Mewargarh Palace! I recommend it 100%!

• 23rd Jan 2014