Mewargarh Palace Reviews

733,near bade purohit ki haveli, imlighat, Udaipur, India

Perfect for budget travelers or backpackers! Close to everything, yet a bit off the beaten path because it is tucked away on a residential street with no cars. The restaurant was very good, esp for breakfast (coffee comes in a big mug!) and the view is amazing. Cleaner than any other hostel, adorable décor, laid back hosts. They booked us a day trip on short notice (we left 45 min later) and it was great! Quiet, peaceful, we wish we could have staid longer. Maybe the best hostel on our rtw trip.

This place is truly wonderful. Helpful professional staff, very clean rooms, large bed, hot water with shower head that is actually mounted high, reliable wifi, and even though it is at the centre of the city it sits quiet at the top of the hill (relatively). I recommend this place to anyone who is staying in Udaipur.

Awesome hospitality, great food, good wifi & location. The solar powered showers were the best. Arrived here after a week on the run n kept having relaxing hot showers in the wintery morning & evening here. Clean bathroom, towels & beddings. On top of that very caring staff. I will always recommend this place. All the best to the staff there.

Good guesthouse away from the hustle and bustle of the busy tourist streets but very close to the main area too. Clean place and helpful staff. Hot water worked well which was a bonus. Great view on the terrace. They do bookings for many things including taxi to the next city if needed. But it's more expensive there so would haggle and book elsewhere. Atmosphere is standard of an Indian guesthouse, don't expect to meet other travelers. Recommended

Great guesthouse - constant flow of people. Host family are really nice. A 5 minute walk to the main street through back alleys but it is safe. Great view of the city from the rooftop restaurant.

Clean room and bathroom; has everything in the room; nice staff. Location a little hard to find, but near center.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Norway

The hosts were very kind, they helped arrange my onward transport with honest rates, better than what I had read on the internet. They are not pushy with any sales at all, but very informative. It was nice and relaxing. The location is in a quieter area with easy walking access to all the main sites. Ended up being one of my favorite cities in India, also the room was big and nice and the cleanest bathroom in my travels. Highly recommended

The staff were so helpful and friendly. Everything was an absolute dream. Best place we've stayed in India so far! Can't recommend enough as it's such good value for money.

• 29th Oct 2015

great place, very friendly and helpful staff.would definitely recommend staying there..nice and clean rooms.

Very clean and comfortable bedrooms, great location and very good food! Definitely would stay there again!

Comfortable rooms around a pretty courtyard. Simple but nothing you need is missing. 5-10mins walk from City Palace, convenient but also peaceful. Flipside is it isn't the sort of place where you meet other travellers. Run by really nice people who made us feel welcome. Restaurant does simple snacks well. Rickshaw drivers will struggle to get up the hill to the place so be prepared to walk the last 100m or so. Incredible value for what they provide.

Nice place, They give us complete info about what to visit etc too..

This hotel is so lovely that i really felt like home. It was super clean, the food was great and the family who is running it was really helpful. Even on my last day when i forgot my water bottle before driving to the bus station the owner called the driver to make sure they would buy me a new one on the way. I have never experienced such an extraordinary service in a hotel. So if youre looking for a safe, clean and nice place check in here! Btw im a female solo traveller and felt always safe!

• 9th Sep 2015