Miami Apartment Hostel Reviews

1620 Bay Road #4, Miami, Florida, USA

I enjoyed the home style feel of this hostel I made friends and had fun here. It was a bright point of my trip The manager Akil is now my friend and I would recommend anyone to stay here who wants something better than a hostel.

• 1st Mar 2013
  • Greece

It was a very good! Very well located, the manager is really nice and the people over there was really cool. I will definily stay there again!

Best hostel ever. Best place, best people, best owner!

This place was great! Felt more homely and breakfast cereal as supplied. There is a girls bathroom which made me feel more comfortable. The only thing I didnt like was that there was no air conditioning at night! It was so hot and the 5 nights I stayed I hardly got sleep, sleep on a bottom bunk if you can!!

It s the worst place I ever seen. The boss is a lyer. He told you there is a breakfast but on the morning it s not possible any more ! I paid 8$ on the website to book the room. Wheb I came at this place, the man told me he cancelled my reservation and I have to pay cash all, so 8$ more !!!! and of course he never cancelled the reservation !!! even if it was free, i ll never go again !!

• 31st Dec 2012

Stuff/ owner very friendly and helpful, breakfast was great but the rooms where tiny and full of staff so no place for any thing, on top the bathroom was really dirty and used by ca. 12 persons.

The hostel has an excellent location, you can go by walking to every place. It had a very good breakfast every morning. The common areas were very nice to hangout. Excellent internet , computers and telephone available. The staff was very nice and helpful , all the time. A lot of young people, which it makes a good atmosphere.

• 25th Dec 2012
  • Chile

I did the book but when i went to see the hotel it was really bad. I didnt want to stay there. I would like you give me back my $36 dollars i made the reservation. The hotel is really bad.

No fire protection measures are taken; the windows are kept closed. There is only one shower for every 15 people!!

worth to stay if you don't mind the people who stay in there for a long time and old building. Don't expect to make friend in there.. but the staff was really kind. close to Lincoln road and South beach, so we could walk to there.

Really great location, clean place with god facilities - excellent value for money.

• 21st Sep 2012

It was a really nice place with a homey feel, except for the old, strange lady who was living there.

I felt very comfortable there . Breakfast was delicious and the staff was nice. I will go again on my way back to Miami.

• 8th May 2012
  • ksuz

I Don't recomand this place, the staff is so strange, you have to sig a lot of rules like :" i wont walk with shoes in the appartement, i wont do this i wont do that...." I felt in prison, and the women who work there sleep in the same appartment ( she slept in my room) , and she folow you every where you go and look everything you do. I will never ever go to this place.... I felt she was watching over everybody.

We had a very good time there! Its a bit a walk to the beach (20 min) but realy nice atmosphere, its clean. Nice people. We felt like home! :)

The staff was nice. To be honest though, there were ants that crawled on me while I was eating breakfast. The girls were screaming at one point because there were cockroaches. Also, since it's all girls, the girls can get very catty and form exclusive cliques. Wasn't my cup of tea but it wasn't the worst experience I've ever had in my life. The manager is pretty cool though: friendly, outgoing dude.

• 3rd Apr 2012
  • Japan

Thank you Erika for your praise of our staff .As for the insects the small ants are a problem all over miami not just in our hostel as they are very hard to kill but we have drastically reduced them since you stayed with us and the "roach" that the girls were playing with was actulally a palmetto bug that was crawling around on the balcony outside

I returned to the hostel more than once, it has a lovely calm atmosphere and lovely staff. Great for chilling out and not far from anywhere, a break from the madness of the beach but still near everything. I would recommend the place, the only improvement would be to make it clearer which apartment it is in the house.

This is a great place to stay in Miami, safe, comfortable, clean, good value & although it's further away from ocean drive than some other hostels, it's just a half hour walk or 5 minute bike ride. There is a decowalk bike facility around the corner ( bikes that you pick up and drop off all over town for a small fee on your credit card, great system) and it's an enjoyable walk/ride as you see a different part of town. I discovered many bars, restaurants and lincoln shopping mall enroute.Enjoy

Really great place ! We could not find something better for the price !

• 26th Mar 2012

Omar and his bro are friendly, earnest hostelers. I enjoyed chatting with them. I do think the $100/night is overpriced for a hostel bed. Then add the cost to and from the airport. But this is South Beach; other places I checked were $400/night. It is a quiet hostel--not a party place, at least on the night I stayed there. It's bare bones w/ 6-8 bunks in each of the two rooms, 1 shared bathroom/shower. Bring cash--no credit. Women only, though they spoke of changing.

• 24th Mar 2012