Miami Beach Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden Reviews

1247 West Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Great place and easy to walk around in miami beach

Private room wasn't ensuite and was a room off a dorm.

• 12th Dec 2014

I booked this reservation well in advance for a 4-person room with males and females. When I arrived the man at the front desk was surprised that I was there with a male because the entire hostel was booked and he only had room for one female in a 16 bed room. He was rude about it and continued to say that there was nothing that he or his manager could do. They had mixed my reservation up with someone else but I was close to being without a place to stay. The rudeness put a damper on my trip!

• 5th Dec 2014

I was unable to check in to the hostel because I have a Florida ID. I used to live in Florida, but do not anymore. I showed my passport with a different state, and tried to show proof of residency in another state but was still denied. I was not made aware of this policy when I booked online, and was charged a non-refundable deposit.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Beautiful place and FREE wifi!!!

• 1st Dec 2014

Room was moderately clean. Staff was nice. Facilities were fantastic. Breakfast was good compared to other hostels. Noise wasn't bad.

• 30th Nov 2014

When we arrived our beds were occupied by other people, and there was only one staff member working so we had to wait for her to fix the problem, wich was just taking out there sheets without cleaning anything else. The breakfast is only cereals and milk.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

We booked a private twin room with private facilities but, when we got there, the room was actually the size of a walk-in closet and was located inside another room with 12 other people! so we had to cross thru a room with 12 people to get to our shoebox with bunk beds. AND the "private" facilities were SHARED with those 12 people. Also, the rooms don't have keys, only passwords that they change each 2 weeks (dangerous!). We stayed for less than 1 hour and they REFUSED to give us our money back.

• 29th Nov 2014

Fan-BLOODY-tasic, best hostel I have stayed at! Pool table needs an ironing but other than that 100%

• 26th Nov 2014

Nothing special, expexted a lot more based on the previous reviews

• 22nd Nov 2014

Stayed in twin so called private room with so called private bathroom. Have to go through 9 bed dorm to get to the twin room and bathroom is shared with those 9 people. Felt like people in dorm room were going to burst into the twin room and the 9 males sharing the bathroom and not flushing what was actually a shared toilet. My female friend couldn't put up with it and had to find a different hostel to stay at. Website should PROMINENTLY state SHARED bathroom.

• 21st Nov 2014

The rooms have code locks and so does the building. The location is ok, it is a 10 minute walk to the beach. The staff are pretty good. The atmosphere is ok. You will meet a lot of foreigners which is pretty cool. The rooms are clean, but consider you will be sharing a restroom with others, so it depends on your housemates. The value is great, you cannot beat it. The facilities are ok, the water pressure could be better but it does the trick.

• 20th Nov 2014

We arrived here in Miami and found a great welcome in Bikini Hostel. There s all you need. Great beer garden and it s not to far from the Beach.

• 15th Nov 2014

Bathroom completely dirty. Expected to have a private double room ensuite, but it was a room for four persons (occupied by only me and my friend) but I had to share bathroom with other room - and people who occupied the other room were messy, left bathroom disgustingly dirty, like pigs. I expected to pay cash at check-in, but I was charged directly in my credit card, two days in advance, which I did not want due to Brazilian taxes. I would never reccomend this hostel and would never stay again.

• 9th Nov 2014

The bedrooms are not what they show on the web page, they are dirtier and they gave you the sheets to tie your bed. The TVs at dorms have only 5 channels, and the wi fi signal is also poor! Kitchen is very small and closes at 11 pm, so if you have some food at the fridge (as is usual in a hostel) and you are hungry during the night: SORRY! Breakfast can be an ugly coffee that can be improved a little bit with milk, warm ugly tea with moist cereals. Everything outside!

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

They never advertised to bring your own wash clothe,the guy who checked me in told me they don't have wash clothes you have to bring your own, and I was going on a cruise in miami ,the staff said I had to take a cab to the pier,I did some research, found out the bus across from hostel take you right to the pier,,staff should know that, and you get more customers if people knew that

• 8th Nov 2014

Rusty was the absolute best and deserves a raise!!!

• 8th Nov 2014

I'm not one to moan Staff bribe customers with free beer for good reviews Rooms do not look like they do on website Very difficult to get onto top bunk Bathroom gets dirty quickly Private rooms have to go through 9 bed dorm to get to bed and share same bathroom Atmosphere better for groups of people rather than lone travellers If you want to enjoy miami in a decent hostel near the beach with a good party atmosphere with people who are travelling/on holiday go to South beach hostel

Had a great time, the hostel is amazing with the beer garden and the dorms are comfortable. The location is great! I would definitely come back!

Hostel is in a great location - right on South Beach and close to buses to get to downtown. The place is relatively clean, but like any hostel, your experience there is limited to the people you share a dorm with. Unfortunately the hostel allows locals as well as travelers to stay there and there are therefore some less desirable characters that stay there. They didn't overly impact our stay (apart from a big argument at 4am which woke us up). Most of the staff were really helpful and friendly

• 7th Nov 2014