Miami Beach International Hostel Reviews

236 9th Street, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

This was by far the worst experience I've had

• 10th Jan 2015

I reserved a twin room in advance. But when I arrived on the day was taken to another Hostel, Tropics Hotel and Hostel about 4 blocks away. Luckily for me this Hostel was OK. No supplied breakfast etc but it did have a kitchen and the accommodation cost was heaps cheaper. Not sure why the other hostel accepted my booking and deposit? But they did refund my deposit and TROPICS was heaps cheaper but their free wifi only worked in the lobby and NOT IN THE BEDROOM as advertised.

Undoubtedly one of the worse experiences in my life. Filthy, rechid, conditions and overcrowded with 6 people sleeping three high in a 12 by 12 foot room. Rooms appeared to have not been cleaned in several days were a pig sty and the bathrooms were atrociously filthy. Arrived past midnight and was then told to walk two and a half blocks to an affiliated hostel which I had not booked with and had not been informed of this option by Hostelworld. Bait and switch! Totally overpriced at $39 night/bed

• 9th Jan 2015

party party party

Dirty and tiny, very young crowd that just wants to party. Common area is so so. Breakfast is terrible.

The free breakfast,lunch and diner are really free..just be there on time. This is pretty awesome and makes up for pretty dirty bathrooms even though they claim they are cleaned four times a day. Location is amazing!!!

• 5th Jan 2015

Everything here is absolutely above board for what Most hostels offer.. There are always activities organised and a great way to meet everyone staying there too.. The fact they throw in the free meals is an added bonus.. Simple but tasty enough nevertheless! Highly reccomend over some of the local hotels even!!

• 5th Jan 2015

I loved the people and the staff. I met a lot of people and had an amazing time. The free food is good and the rooms are clean and tidy. I would come back. Best hostel in Miami.

Real Dirty

• 3rd Jan 2015

One of the best hostels ive ever stayed at! They organize club/bar outings almost every night (every night i was there they did) and it was always a lot of fun and cheap. The breakfast, lunch and dinner was something i had never had anywhere else and saved me so much money! Perfect location, two small blocks from the beach and they were always cleaning. Don't have a bad thing to say about it! Stay here if you wanna have a true Miami party experience

The only thing I didn't like was the ridiculously bad pillows.

• 30th Dec 2014

They overcharged us because they thought that we were 6 people instead of the 5 that we were which we had on our confirmation, they lost our booking 3 times, they made it clear that we were the ones causing an inconvenience. Everything would have been fine if they would have a computer in their reception but they only had paper and a pen and their staff was unable to hand over information from shift to shift so we had to take another fight every time because nobody knew why we were upset!!!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

They claim they have free food everyday BUT guess what, it's the worst food you'd eat ever, and the food staff treat you like a homeless, it's not like you paid money and deserve a great service, I stayed in this hostel for about 8 days, the first day They put me in another hostel because they don't have enough space which is not good impression for the first time. then I stayed in the hostel for the next days and was good to meet nice and young people and great people you'll meet in this hostel

Not a bad place to stay, pretty cool setup with pool tables and common area. Staff weren't especially friendly at all. About 1/2 mile walk from the beach. Organized nights out were okay. Good spot, probably better in Miami Beach but had a great time.

Sampling the "full pension" meals was good. MBIH's a youth mecca with activities to wit and a sense of non-stop fun partying. No tears here, just reflective of the SoBe energetic vitality, like a wildly popular night club.

when we got to the hostel they told us they didn't have more rooms available although we had the reservation printed!! So they sent us to South beach local, they told us they didn't want us there and then we talked a lot so he told us we could stay there as a favour but just one day! It was 1 am! So we slept there and in the morning we had to come back to the hostel on 9th st, so they putted us in a room, but separated! And the room was a completely mess! And I payded $156 for two nights! Awful

Our toilet flooded and they were quick to fix it. There were a few leaks in the ceiling in dining room. The hostel served breakfast (meager) and average lunches and dinners but one cannot complain since it's included.

expensive

• 25th Dec 2014

Basically apart from the location I cannot rate this hostel since upon my arrival they took me to another hostel (Deco walk) which they'd just acquired. I had no advance notice about them moving me there and it was a bit of a surprise. Many people had the same situation very interesting. I ended up having a good time with my roommates at Deco walk but it's all thanks to my roomies, not the management of this hostel. They really should do something about this!

Please do not charge people for using their credit card! Please offer more breakfast and lunch!

• 24th Dec 2014