Miami Beach International Hostel Reviews

236 9th Street, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Everything about the stay was perfect. My only two issues were the stove did not work and the shower water was not hot enough.

• 5th Jan 2016

very nice people, specially the honurenian guy, Marlon. Food at night was really great and also the activities for later on at the beach

• Spain

great place had an amazing time.

• Egypt

Very very loud music in the lobby until midnight - impossible to fall sleep. My room windows were on the side of the hostel entrance, where residents were partying/drinking/smoking/talking/screaming until 5 am. Hostel staff did not care about the intolerable noise.

• Russia

Great social atmosphere and events for every night of the week! Will return soon :)

• 3rd Jan 2016

I had several of my things turn up missing while I was here...the a/c running all night/day caused me and a few others to get sick :/ I will stay at my other favorite hostel next time :/

We booked 6 beds in a 6 person room, all males. Once we arrived at the hostel, we were given two options, an apartment with three double beds or move to another sister hostel. Then, the receptionist tried to split us up and put us in different rooms, claiming that we only purchased individual beds and not all six in the same room. After arguing with the front desk, we finally received the room we asked for, it was very small and the AC barely worked. Would not recommend.

• 2nd Jan 2016

The location is great. If you come from the airport the bus 150 drops you off just across the street. The rooms are clean, but very small. We were 6 in our room and there was no space to store the luggage.

Staff weren't to help

• 2nd Jan 2016

Some of the staff were very friendly, but others were not helpful at all. The hostel is a party hostel, which I knew and was to be expected in South Beach, but a lot of what they advertised on their website was only half true. For example, you can rent linens, but they don't give you blankets, just sheets. There are lockers, but the hostel does not sell locks for them. WiFi is available, but only in the lobby, which turns into a bar at night, so if you want quiet WiFi at night, too bad.

• 1st Jan 2016

I payed 120 dollars, the description of the hostel in the web page is totally a lie.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Argentina

This hostel is a party hostel, if you are not the party lovers, this is obviously not the place for you. The lobby's music is too loud and only stops by 11am. The wifi in the room is really weak and often time, you just couldn't access it.

Stayed during New Years 2015, overall a pretty excellent time. however they do charge 5% credit card fee, and if you're booking for a group of people that 5% credit card fee definitely sucks.

Hostel had great location and atmosphere for drinks on patio But I expected so much more from it from reading their website

I loved everything about the hostel except the check-in time. I had a terrible experience with checking in as my flight landed at 7am, i got to the hostel around 7.30-7.45AM and found out that I cannot check-in anytime before 3PM. That left me stranded as I had no where else to go. My suggestion are: Check out should be 10am or 11am and check-in should be 12PM at the latest. Increase staff members

• 30th Dec 2015
  • India

Great location, but too expensive. If you want to be part of the open bar (which is only one hour each day) you have to pay an extra value. It`s completely not worth it. This is a party hostel, but to be part of the parties, they ask for and additional value that is very expensive. It`s much more worth going out on your on and paying to get in the clubs, you will save some money. Also, we had a gas leak emergency and had to leave the building. The hostel didn`t have ANY sort of fire alarm

• 29th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Location was excellent regarding the hustle of South Beach,for a business that has so much potenital it was ran very poor.The staff were beyond useless and hadn't a clue how to run a hostel-the lady with the black hair[manager] was constantly checking and apologising for their mistakes. The rooms themselves were practicable but the cleaner extremely rude!Staff need to be retrained for this business to run to its max potential...or get rid because they hadn't a clue.

• 28th Dec 2015

Stayed in a studio away from the main hostel. It was quite noisy, but that's part and parcel of Miami! Big studio, very good air conditioning. Nice staff. Would stay again. Brekkie lunch and dinner are included which we didn't know about when we booked. We didn't avail of this, but for backpackers or younger travellers this is ideal

• 28th Dec 2015

This was great hotel and the atmosphere was amazing and well as helpful stuff. I will be back for sure.👍☺️☺️🏖

• South Africa

First of all the name of the hostel given on the website is somehow misleading. I have stayed at several International Hostel branches and believe me this one in Miami Beach has nothing to do with it. The full name is International Travelers Hostel. The only good thing about this place is location. And free food maybe. Otherwise: staff is often times rude and not helpful. There were cockroaches in our room. There were no facilities. Not even a computer to use like in any other hostel worldwide.