Miami Beach International Hostel Reviews

236 9th Street, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

The only thing I didn't like was the ridiculously bad pillows.

• 30th Dec 2014

They overcharged us because they thought that we were 6 people instead of the 5 that we were which we had on our confirmation, they lost our booking 3 times, they made it clear that we were the ones causing an inconvenience. Everything would have been fine if they would have a computer in their reception but they only had paper and a pen and their staff was unable to hand over information from shift to shift so we had to take another fight every time because nobody knew why we were upset!!!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

They claim they have free food everyday BUT guess what, it's the worst food you'd eat ever, and the food staff treat you like a homeless, it's not like you paid money and deserve a great service, I stayed in this hostel for about 8 days, the first day They put me in another hostel because they don't have enough space which is not good impression for the first time. then I stayed in the hostel for the next days and was good to meet nice and young people and great people you'll meet in this hostel

Not a bad place to stay, pretty cool setup with pool tables and common area. Staff weren't especially friendly at all. About 1/2 mile walk from the beach. Organized nights out were okay. Good spot, probably better in Miami Beach but had a great time.

Sampling the "full pension" meals was good. MBIH's a youth mecca with activities to wit and a sense of non-stop fun partying. No tears here, just reflective of the SoBe energetic vitality, like a wildly popular night club.

when we got to the hostel they told us they didn't have more rooms available although we had the reservation printed!! So they sent us to South beach local, they told us they didn't want us there and then we talked a lot so he told us we could stay there as a favour but just one day! It was 1 am! So we slept there and in the morning we had to come back to the hostel on 9th st, so they putted us in a room, but separated! And the room was a completely mess! And I payded $156 for two nights! Awful

Our toilet flooded and they were quick to fix it. There were a few leaks in the ceiling in dining room. The hostel served breakfast (meager) and average lunches and dinners but one cannot complain since it's included.

expensive

• 25th Dec 2014

Basically apart from the location I cannot rate this hostel since upon my arrival they took me to another hostel (Deco walk) which they'd just acquired. I had no advance notice about them moving me there and it was a bit of a surprise. Many people had the same situation very interesting. I ended up having a good time with my roommates at Deco walk but it's all thanks to my roomies, not the management of this hostel. They really should do something about this!

Please do not charge people for using their credit card! Please offer more breakfast and lunch!

• 24th Dec 2014

An absolute amazing hostel in central South Beach. Staff really helpful and nice. One minus, I arrived at 09:00 AM (as I booked for 09:00) and the guy at the reception said there was nothing available. Luckily later another employee came in, Rosa, and she helped me. I could sleep immediately after a long night of travels. She also helped me when my shuttle to the airport got cancelled. Really nice. Furthermore, tho hostel organises great parties and things to do. Had the stay of my life.

• 24th Dec 2014

Could do with a little revocation especially with the bathrooms. Really appreciated that they put on breakfast, lunch and dinner free of charge every day. Their parties are a bit of a rip off- provide more alcohol so we get "value for money" like you sell to us Allow for wifi to be in bedrooms too- very off putting having to go downstairs where music is blasting and people are yelling and cleaners are cleaning when all you want to do is check emails and social media.

• 24th Dec 2014

Our stay at the hostel was really good. Staff was really nice, you always meet new people and the hostel was just two blocks away from the beach. In my opinion it's more fun to go there when you're 21+ but it still was good and we had nice vacation.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Amaazing. Everything is amazing.

• 22nd Dec 2014

There was a sentence in Japanese that if I booked 6 nights, 1night would be free but it wasn't even though it clearly indicated in the website. How can it be possible? So depressed.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Japan

Very clean. Nice place to meet new people. All the meals were really good. Every night different activities, parties for a fair price. Really good location, close to the beach, bars, supermarkets, restaurants.

Staff is over than excellent! I dont know how many times I accidently called it home.

It sucks. They overbooked and send us to the other hostel.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

I decided to try this hostel for a quick, one night stay while I was in Miami. While I didn't spend too much time in the hostel, other than sleeping, it left a great impression on me. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area is spacious and one of the best in a Miami I have experienced. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout the stay. I will definitely be back! Great job! Thank you! WiFi Tip: I would suggest that if you give WiFi facility in rooms that would be so great.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • India

Really nice hostel to stay at. Didnt have any problem at all. I was reallocated to the other building (Decco Walk) but it was fine for me - as it was only two blocks away pro the main building and in front of the beach (Ocean Drive).

• 18th Dec 2014