Miami Beach International Hostel Reviews

236 9th Street, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

I had a great time and Jeff was great to talk to and help people out when needed. I met a lot of great people and had lots of fun at the clubs and VIP!!! Although i had fun I do suggest changing the mattresses or having them though roughly cleaned (I did experience bed bites from my stay) but I would def go back and do recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jun 2014

There was a receptionist at night shift. He was not very willing to provide any sort of information to males. He was more happy with girls and women, dnt blame him, may be I will do the same...lol. Otherwise every thing was good to excellent.

An amazing hostel, price & location. . A few things: 1 AC is awful. 2 Maids never knock. I was changing clothes, naked, in the all male dorm when one walked in, turned around and left. I don't care, but some might. 3. If U pay cash, no receipt. 4. Lots of activities scheduled, but you can get a better price at half-price tours. Evening activities at the hostel usually start with alcohol in the lobby, so that might be worth buying from the hostel. I will stay again. And again.

Great hostel, staff accommodated me well even though I didn't read the fine print! So staff really awesome.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Though close to the melee of south beach, this place is a nightmare. The facilities are run down, including the a/c and clientele a mix of european frat boys and homeless folks. I would never return!

• 8th Jun 2014

If u like party's let's go to this hostel. Good experience. Room very clean.

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Free meals, drinks, party buses, super clean and helpful enthusiastic staff! Not to mention the great location. The only issue was the wifi- a bit slow and annoying at times but apart from that 100% great!!

• 7th Jun 2014

Clean, good location. I was in the main building (out of 8) by reception. Quite noisy until the group leaves to party after 11pm and also in the morning (at 6am the music was just as loud in reception???). Bathroom is old & in bad repair, bed-sheet had stains, & bed was a bit noisy. If you are on time, food is basic but ok for the price (unless you are vegetarian), although it was really hot in the dining area. Room with aircon & TV. Day staff was nice and friendly. Not the best in USA, but ok!

• Spain

I and my friend Alana we are from Brazil. and we loved the hostel!! We had lot a fun there, the guys have good plans for the night and is pretty cheap. The hostel is close of the beach and nice clubs. The food is not so good, but this doesnt matter for me.

• 6th Jun 2014

Awesome experience. Staff is great and plans a lot of group activities. Great location.

• 6th Jun 2014

Party hostel as advertised. At the cost of cleanliness and facilities though. Wifi...excellent Free breakfast lunch

Great hostel for the price..including breakfast lunch and dinner. This hostel is 1 block from ocean drive but close to all the amenitys, en suite bathroom was perfect. More storage space, and not having to store backpack on bed would help. More plug sockets in room would be good also. Eating area downstairs was brilliant and pub crawl was good well what I can remember. Great mix of people at hostel. Would recommend if staying in south beach...ps try and get air con in the hallway it was well hot

Overall okay for what you pay. There was a mix up on our 2nd day, we were told there was no record of us being there and we needed to move rooms because they had over booked (despite having booked and paid with a credit card) but this was fixed quickly and the staff were apologetic. Rooms were mostly clean, bathrooms a bit old.

• 2nd Jun 2014

If u wanna party .... Go to Miami beach international hostel ... Just loved it

An excellent party hostel, bathroom was in pretty bad shape though.

• 31st May 2014

Loved staying here! Staff were friendly and helpful and you get a lot for your money - towels, food, nights out etc.

• 31st May 2014

Great place, great people, great time. A hell of a lot of fun. When I go back to Miami, I have no intention of staying anywhere else.

• 30th May 2014

This hostel did not all all meet our expectations. When we arrived we had to fiind out that our room was not located in the main building but in a building which is about 4 blocks away and not in the best neighborhood. The room was not at all like in the description, very old and dirty it was very loud. This building does have a security door however the door to our room looked like someone could break in easily. The hostel is offering breakfast, we only tried once and skip the following days.

This hostel is easily the best value for money hostel in North America. I say this because the nightly rate includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, which is unheard of at any other hostel I have been to. The cleanliness is fantastic too. The lack of wifi in the rooms is a joke however, and the communal facilities need improving. Not having a proper outdoor area/bar is letting this place down. The security is lax; anyone can just walk in and help themselves to food.

Staff - rude, unhelpful, uninterested. Front desk - disorganised, all done on paper no computers. Got separated into a different room from my friend because they didn't have a room with 2 beds in, which is what we had booked. Cleanliness - They make you put all your belongings on your bunk during the day because apparently the room is cleaned 4 times a day. We came back at 4pm and there was still sand all over the floor. Location - excellent, 2 blocks from the beach. Activities - Excellent