Miami Hostel Reviews

810 Alton Rd. Miami Beach, FL, Miami, USA

This is my second stay ,had as much fun as my first time . Staff super funny as first time .

Great location and great staff. I liked that you got a little breakfast bag in the morning. The beds were not particularly comfortable, the hot water in the shower wasn't working and the room cleanliness was only ok. But for the price it was a pretty good place.

Miami Hostel has a good South Beach location and is priced well; however, there is some room for improvement. The biggest issue we, and others, had was the guy who works the night shift. It seems as if he actually goes out of his way to yell at guests and to be intentionally unfriendly and unapproachable. Instead of getting up and speaking to guests he screams at them from the front desk and is down right rude. The rest of the staff are great but if you hate people don't work at a hostel.

I like this hostel it's affordable. They include breakfast. I just wish the patio was open all night because there's no wifi in the room and if I don't wanna wake up anyone when I'm on the phone. So the only place to use the phone is the kitchen and there's no couch. Again it's the cheapest hostel on miami beach so it was good for the night and the staff especially the manager is very helpful and friendly which is good.

• 19th Feb 2015

I've not seen any staff clean anything since I've been here. The security, anyone could come in

We have 7 days house keeping service,they start at 12 noon and finish around at 5 maybe you no here this time.Cleaning around your bunk your area guest education,Guest used the room.Of course any one come in because here not prison, we have social common area.Also we have wrist band to know guest visitors and key card for rooms no one walking in the rooms.Anyway thank you for 5 times stay our hostel.

I really enjoyed the time at Miami Hostel while I stayed in Miami South Beach..Hostel has a great location and cool amenities, kitchen area was nice and clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. .price was better than many other hostels around the area too so all over I had a great experience and also made some cool friends..I highly recommend miami hostel to ppl who looking for a safe clean n budget friendly accommodation..

I stay Miami Hostel second time,They have great kitchen,jakuzzi,free compters,free wifi also saturday all you can eat BBQ that's great .The people arround the world.Great stuff,clean hostel Highly recommended.Thank you MIAMI HOSTEL TEAM

Cool place to stay, the staff very professional, I went out to party with the activities that they have and was awesome!

I'm absolutely happy with my stay at Miami Hostel. After having stayed in other hostels in Miami Beach, I highly recommend this hostel! Great price, great amenities, and a friendly and helpful staff. Fun place and amazing people. I felt like home. It's also worth mentioning that it's the ONLY hostel in Miami that has a fully equipped kitchen. That's really GREAT! My favorite part? Saturdays free BBQ cheese burgers. Those burgers are amazing! I’d definitely stay in this hostel again! =)

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Stayed for the 2nd time in Miami hostel, fair price and close to all important places! Thanks :)

• 16th Feb 2015

The hostel is not the best, but the location and atmosphere make it worth it. Beds are horrible and dirty ( the clean linen that they give you helps a little bit!) the people that work there are not very friendly, it seems that they dont like their job! And please if you have a car, be careful there is not parking lot in the hostel so you have to find a place to park and pay for it. The common areas (kitchen and pool table) and the other guests are the good things of the hostel

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Possibly the best hostel breakfast ever but other than that it's your standard American hostel that's a little dingy and full of loud people drinking and partying. The location is pretty good though.

Miami Hostel has a Good Vibe. I am from Chicago and truly enjoyed this Miami winter break. An added bonus was the impressive Miami Boat Show occurring during my visit.

All in all, very nice and hospitable place. They don't give you locks for the security boxes, but unfortunately that seems to be the standard nowadays (how much would it cost to hand one to every guest?).

I have been in many hostels and this one (Miami Hostel) was the worst ever! 1. Just because a hostel is the cheapest in Miami beach it does not mean it has to be: unclean, people smoking until 12:00 o'clock in the common area with loud music til 12:00 o'clock (the common area is beside the rooms!!) 2. horrible terrible toilets (how come they charge for someone to use that?). 3.stupid thing that a person must wear a wristband for the hostel! 4. there's no breakfast at total, one hard bread!

We have many good reviews about how clean and quiet the hostel is especially at night after midnight. As this is Miami beach and many people are here to have a good time and enjoy themselves we leave the common area open until a respectable hour with no complaints. Second the wrist band is for your safety that allows to control guests in house. You knew the rules as you read and signed them upon check in that the band is required but lost yours and as a result was charged from your deposit $5.00

The bed is not that clean or comfortable, but ok for a hostel. If you want to use the locker, you need to buy a lock there for $6. The staffs are not so welcomed, but they will do their jobs.

Shower had fury mould growing all over shower walls in one of the 12bed room, and there was dirt on the beds, even though we got clean sheets to put over. The people there and staff were all good friendly and happy that was great.

The hostel's main gate didn't lock, some of the staff members weren't kind or helpful. The facilities are very poor.

• 30th Jan 2015