Miami Hostel Reviews

810 Alton Rd. Miami Beach, FL, Miami, USA

Everything was prime! Staff was very friendly and accommodating! Plenty of activities to do while in South Beach.

When we arrived at the hostel, the first thing we were told, was that our reservation somehow got cancelled the day before. We didn't know why but it must have been one of the employee's fault. So there we were without a single booked bed for a night. Fortunately Derick did a good job getting us beds for the lowest rate we would have payed for the next 5 nights. So we only had to find a place for our last night. Other than that we had a great time at the hostel as well as miami!!

• 23rd Mar 2014

The staff member I met when I checked in was less than welcoming, it was late at night but I felt like I was bothering him with any questions I had. The security is nice because you do have to have a key to get into each room, but since the bathrooms are in the room itself they don't get cleaned as much as they probably could. A towel and sheets are included, as well as breakfast which is one plain bagel with jelly, butter or cream cheese.

We are glad that you appreciate the security as it is one of our highest priorities to make sure our guests feel safe at all times. The cleaning staff comes in everyday in the afternoon to make sure every bathroom and room is clean. Since there are many guests who share the bathroom its very difficult to maintain the bathrooms clean 24/7. In order for us to maintain a low daily room rate we can only provide a simple breakfast.

Great place, extremely friendly staff. You can meet people from all over the World.

There was obvious large blocks of mould on the cushion! My friends and I really couldn't stand that. Also the room was so small. The ladder was so hard to climb on.

The hostel was OK. I didn't spend many times on it to provide a really good review but it is not close to the beach.The bathroom was not really clean.

Hostel description said all meals provided - breakfast, lunch, dinner. I chose the hostel because the shared meals would give a chance to meet people to go out with, even if location further from beach. But when arrived I found they only provide 1 bagel for breakfast and no lunch or dinner. I paid upfront and could not get a refund. False advertising. Positive side is the security and there was always someone on duty.

Our time in this hostel was awesome. I can really recommend it to everyone who wants to get to know cool people from around the world and hang out together. The beach is close just as some stores and nightclubs. We will definitely come back. Thanks to the hostel family!

• 11th Mar 2014

It turned out to be the worst hostel on south beach. Would not recommend since other hostels are around the same price, but have much better and newer buildings, facilities etc. Staff was friendly and all but definitely not worth the money paid!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Finland

The room I stayed in was right above a restaurant and facing the street. It was very noisy with the loud music coming from the restaurant and traffic from the street. Bring ear plugs!

• 4th Mar 2014
  • China

very good recommended

Excellent staff. They provide a bagel for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and a cooked meal for dinner (rice and chicken one night, pizza the next). Spacious rooms with lockers and a bathroom. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the beach / main area. Great outdoor area - Expect a lot of noise from this area until 12am-1am.

The staff could have definitely been friendlier. My initial check-in (Derek, I think?) was great and very welcoming. Anytime I asked anyone else a question after that throughout my stay, no one would respond with words. It was like talking to brick words. I asked for drinking water at one point and one of the women in the kitchen looked at me blankly and walked into a back room without any type of response. It was really strange, but overall I had a decent experience.

• 28th Feb 2014

I had a very pleasent 7-night stay at Miami Hostel. No major issues to bring up other than maybe pricing around spring break times (double to triple). This is the same all around Miami Beach though, so not too much their own fault. Facilities were great and the hostel was clean. Security was really good with pretty much noone going in and out without notice. Food was included in the price and was surprisingly OK. I had expected bad food, but was positively surprised. I would stay here again!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Norway

Fantastic hostel. For the price paid you are given breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very nice staff. Hotel is well located, Can take the bus to most parts of Miami in front of the hostel. South beach 10 minutesalk away. Lovely stay, will stay agian when in Miami.

This Hostel is a great place. I was surprised about that included all meals and really good ones for the price of the room excellent, i enjoyed the parties of some clubs thanks to the promoters of the hostel. The people of the front desk very helpful. I will recommend it to my friends

staff is very professional and really customer service and detail oriented

• 28th Jan 2014

My 2nd stay here in 2 years and i'd choose it again for a 3rd one if applicable.

• 26th Jan 2014

More detailed review on Tripadvisor: I stayed in Miami hostel/ freehand and Bikini hostel. Miami hostel had squeaky metal bunks. Ok/ average atmosphere, nice common areas. Best of all though, Free food, it was nice to come in in the evening to Pizza or pasta and not have to worry about finding somewhere to buy food. ok it was for the most part basic, but it was good. I think If I stayed in Miami again I'd stay here over the others. but there wasn't much in it.

Great hostel only 5 minutes walk from the beach, right next to a liquor store, free pool table and Jacuzzi, safe secure lockers. It is a great environment to meet people and socialize. Also has a modern and extensive kitchen and common area.