Miami Hostel Reviews

810 Alton Rd. Miami Beach, FL, Miami, USA

The staff could have definitely been friendlier. My initial check-in (Derek, I think?) was great and very welcoming. Anytime I asked anyone else a question after that throughout my stay, no one would respond with words. It was like talking to brick words. I asked for drinking water at one point and one of the women in the kitchen looked at me blankly and walked into a back room without any type of response. It was really strange, but overall I had a decent experience.

• 28th Feb 2014

I had a very pleasent 7-night stay at Miami Hostel. No major issues to bring up other than maybe pricing around spring break times (double to triple). This is the same all around Miami Beach though, so not too much their own fault. Facilities were great and the hostel was clean. Security was really good with pretty much noone going in and out without notice. Food was included in the price and was surprisingly OK. I had expected bad food, but was positively surprised. I would stay here again!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Norway

Fantastic hostel. For the price paid you are given breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very nice staff. Hotel is well located, Can take the bus to most parts of Miami in front of the hostel. South beach 10 minutesalk away. Lovely stay, will stay agian when in Miami.

This Hostel is a great place. I was surprised about that included all meals and really good ones for the price of the room excellent, i enjoyed the parties of some clubs thanks to the promoters of the hostel. The people of the front desk very helpful. I will recommend it to my friends

staff is very professional and really customer service and detail oriented

• 28th Jan 2014

My 2nd stay here in 2 years and i'd choose it again for a 3rd one if applicable.

• 26th Jan 2014

More detailed review on Tripadvisor: I stayed in Miami hostel/ freehand and Bikini hostel. Miami hostel had squeaky metal bunks. Ok/ average atmosphere, nice common areas. Best of all though, Free food, it was nice to come in in the evening to Pizza or pasta and not have to worry about finding somewhere to buy food. ok it was for the most part basic, but it was good. I think If I stayed in Miami again I'd stay here over the others. but there wasn't much in it.

Great hostel only 5 minutes walk from the beach, right next to a liquor store, free pool table and Jacuzzi, safe secure lockers. It is a great environment to meet people and socialize. Also has a modern and extensive kitchen and common area.

Miami hostel made it my "home" for a week, great atmosphere, morning coffee and Nutella bagels for breakfast :) Cool staff. Thanks, Derrick! I enjoyed my stay. -Evita

Everything was perfect - Never been to a hostel which was so clean and nice like the Miami Hostel. We also enjoyed the food which was included in the price and the Jacuzzi!

• 16th Jan 2014

Miami hostel was alright. It was clean. It ended up being fairly expensive for what we got. The problem was: we were OVERcharged for our room. When we brought it to the staff members attention he explained that we'd been taken advantage of by a staff member and we should have double checked the price at the time, that it was just too bad and that it tends to happen. After some convincing we managed to get SOME money back, but basically got called naive/silly for getting duped by a staff member??

Great hostel, great atmosphere, great management team. i stayed in this hostel second after 7 months. when i come to Miami i do not need another place. big kitchen, big bar, very nice open air places to stay and talk with new people.. always good breakfast.. and realy very good dinner. Thanks a lot Miami hostel.i had a great time in your place. special thanks to Manager Ilke..

Great hostel, definitely worth the money. They provide food 3 times a day: for breakfast a bagel (not really enough to be satisfied), for lunch a sandwich which was quite okay and for dinner they had pasta which was good! The only thing I didn't really like about it is that they only provide plastic dishes (they're producing a lot of garbage..) The staff was extremely friendly and even though it was very busy when I arrived I didn't have to wait. They even carried my heavy backpack to my room!

I've been to a lot of hostels and this seriously my favorite! I'm definitely coming back very soon. They have awesome parties every single night, the jaccuzzi was awesome, the food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) was super good. The staff was so hospitable and made you feel like home. Their lobby, community room, bedrooms, and location are perfect. I'm super satisfied.

An okay place to stay, it's not right in the heart of everything in South Beach but it's not too far away either, an easy walk. I was annoyed as when we arrived, we found the price had gone up since our initial booking due to 'new owners'? I believe they should have honoured the original booking price, however it did then include breakfast (bagel), lunch (roll) and dinner (chicken and mashed potato) both nights. Rooms were clean enough.

The hot tub was always closed. It looks like a bar but its really just a place to sit with no drinks. The free food they posted is really just a bagel in the morning and maybe a sandwich for lunch. There is no security for the entrance just a broken card lock.

• 4th Jan 2014

Very firiendly Staff, very good athmo!!

Friendly staff and very accommodating when I arrived! I had a great experience and liked the comfortable beds in the large rooms! It's a few blocks from the beach, but you're next to 2 large supermarkets, Whole Foods & Publix - making food options easy. I loved the large kitchen!!

It was really good! My friend

Some of the workers are great, some are not so great. The food and cleaning staff were amazing.