Michael's House Beijing Reviews

S.Yard,1 Zhiqiang Garden N., Xiaoxitian, Beijing, China

No Rating

Beautifully renovated traditionnal courtyard house. Out of city center but within walking distance of a subway station. Helpful english speaking staff, who can help with directions and reservations. Very clean. Room was small with no opening to the outside as the courtyard has been covered by a glass ceiling, so the atmosphere was a bit stifling on a hot summer evening.

• 5th Jul 2013

This was such a fabulous place to stay, owner & staff always willing to help with any tours, dining experiences etc. Our twin room was just beautifully furnished, would just go back to Beijing just to stay there again.

A bit overrated by the other reviews. Nice design but it's not really worth the price as you have a lot of very cheap hotels in beijing. The staff is really nice though.

Although the hotel is in the small road, it is easier to find. It takes around 10 minutes walk to subway. At night there are many local food stalls on the road. The staff was very nice. The hotel is the real "siheyuan" which is also very nice.

Amazing staff who go out of their way to help you. We arrived tired and hungry and just wanted to go to bed but first I had to travel to a train station to purchase overnight travel to Xian. Staff said they would look after it all for me. They picked up the phone made some enquiries, provided me with train travel options and booked everything for me. They also arranged to have the tickets delivered that same evening to me. EXCELLENT customer service. Great food, great rooms, excellent location.

very nice people, authentic feel to it, i very much enhoyed my stay here...

I loved staying here! I was only there for one night but the bed was the comfiest thing and really helped with my jet lag!

The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable. I really appreciated their patience. The location didn't feel safe at night. The shared bathroom had frosted glass and a cheap lock. Not Safe. The shared bathroom smelled and looked dirty. The tatami room smelled mouldy. The refreshments were expired.

Too cold in the hobby.

As far as I\'m concerned this is the best place to stay in Beijing. My mother and I stayed here for 6 nights and the staff treated us like queens. Beds are more comfortable than the Marriott, breakfast is free and delicious, location is near the subway. Very highly recommended.

very good place, we spent 5 days in beijing and this place was really good,

I enjoyed staying here. The staff spoke very good english and was helpful. The beds were very comfortable. But easier to take airport train and transfer to line 2 and get off at Jishuitan train stop. The hostel is only 5 minute walk. The shuttle bus is a little bit hard if you have heavy luggage because there are alot of steps you have to climb over a foot bridge to get to the transfer bus. Most subway trains have escalators.

I've spent 21 days in Michael's House. The dorm is clean and the beds incredily comfortable. The staff and owners are very friendly and helpful and do their best to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. The lobby is comfy and the best spot to let rainy days go by and to chat with other guest. The standard and deluxe rooms are simply beautiful!!! I enjoyed my time there very much and will definitely be back. Thank you very much and 再见.

• 27th Aug 2008
  • Switzerland

We stayed at Michaels House during the Olympic Games when Beijing was buzzing so in terms of location and quality it was ideal. It is a bit difficult to find even with a map first time, but is well worth the search. Wwe stayed in the quaint tatami suite which was novel. The staff were extremely helpful both prior to our arrival and during in assisting with travel arrangements and advice. Well worth a visit with more character than most places i've stayed.

The best hostel Ive ever been.

The place is beautiful, the rooms are beautiful and spotless, the staff are very helpful and friendly and its only a short walk to the lakes. I will deffinately stay there again

Very beautiful rooms and gorgeous common rooms. A mixture of modernness & old world charm. Rooms very clean and serviced like a hotel i.e you do not need to bring your own towel/soap/toiletries.Breakfast inlcuded too. Staff were very friendly and helpful to my needs. English coverage was excellent and they booked the tours for me. There is a wonderful massage place across the road where I received the best foot and shoulder massage ever! It was for a whole hour.