Microtel Bauhaus Gran Via Reviews

Gran Via 686, Floor E, Apt 1., Barcelona, Spain

Generally the hostel was really good and recommandable: clean, newly furnished and in a good estate; however, I was disappointed about room as the previous reviews made me think it was amazing. I am sure we had the "worst" room. It was a double room and was relatively small. Outside our room (which was very dark) was an air-conditioner which woke us up several times a night. Also, when my girlfriend paid, she did not get change. Bathrooms, kitchen and rooms are cleaned everyday which was nice.

Very nice, clean rooms & facilities. It's very nice that bathrooms and kitchens are only shared by a limited number of rooms - no waiting to use the facilites! Very quiet and well-kept place, good location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in is a bit weird, as you need to call them to tell them when you arrive and payment seems to be cash-only. Would recommend that those things be listed in the description, as it would've been helpful to know those things before booking.

We are not big fans of GuestHouse or B&Bs , but I'm so glad we picked microtel bauhaus. The room was beautifully renovated, spotlessly clean litte small but fully equipped (Air Con, flat TV free movies, towels) and the location could simply not have been better! Marco is 24 hours aviable for what we needed, with answers to every question we had. The kitchen is terrific to prepare breakfast or dinner. Bathrooms are shared but they keep them spotless. Definitely come back again.

• 12th Oct 2014