MidTown Hostel Reviews

5A Thurland Street, Nottingham, England

It is a functional hostel, very well located, fare beds and silence for a good night sleep. However is not the place to have an "experience", as those hostels that promote interaction, nights and tours over the town.

The staff are very laid back and mid week it's quite quiet with not many people about. It's in the centre of Nottingham and very close to all you need.

If you wanna search for hostel with good location, this is the most suitable one. But you should bear it mind .. that is one they can show off. Just one more favour from me, toilet needs to be cleaned. Staff was nice, though.

It was a really short but nice stay. The hostel is literally in the centre of Nottingham... best location ever!! It felt more like a home. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. Kitchen, toilets and common areas really good. They even have an XBox!!! xD

I put "security" as poor as they didn't have any locks on the doors, so anyone could come in your room at any time, even during the day. They do have lockers however for you to put stuff in I guess, so you could do that, but it's just not the best. Everything else was great. The staff there were really nice. They showed me around and made me feel welcome. Most importantly the bed and everything else was clean, and that's what they said was a very important thing to them. :)

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Northern Ireland

We stayed for two nights. I understand It's not very cold outside but to keep heating off all day and night is just cruel. It was freezing cold in the room when you went to bed and especially cold when you woke up. There was no one in reception to ask to turn it on and the only person i found there was not working there. Room was dirty and bathroom was colder than outside and the last morning we had no hot water in the tap. The only good thing about this hostel was its location.

The hostel has the best location in Nothingham, but that's all, the others custumer were kinda very creepy! I booked 3 bed is a room for 6, but as there was a room for 3 avaiable, the guy who works there ( I don't remember his name) was very nice giving us that room by the same price! At first sight he looked like a jackass, but i maybe he was just tired, cus he helped us a lot!