MidTown Hostel Reviews

5A Thurland Street, Nottingham, England

Please change your shower electronic system!

Fantastic place right in the heart of the town, staff were fantastic!! My only guilty bit is i lost the key in the room somewhere! I hope the owners found it,

Security is quite relaxed. The door code did not change while I was there. On departure I asked if I could leave my bag there for a couple of hours, I was told I could leave it in the living room. I returned one evening to find the dorm room was unlocked with the key in the lock. I stayed two nights and had my belongings moved and bed striped and re-made for the second night. A bucket of water and bleech sat in the corner of the bathroom for three days. The entire place seems unorganised.

There's nothing fancy about this hostel, but it has everything you may need and an amazing location. I would recommend it.

• 5th May 2013
  • Spain

just enjoyable :) willing to come back any time I'm in Nottingham :)

A simple small hostel that would do you well if just staying a night. Went to buy some pasta to come back to find that there wasn't a cooker or stove, only a microwave - so keep this in mind. Free WIFI and nice folks too.

I had a very nice time at MidTown hostel. The staff was very helpful, and the kitchen facilities were very clean and well equipped.

The kitchen is too small, just one table, so is the common room, and we werу unable to cook, as everything was occupied, and ended up drinking tea on a landing. The showers are mad, it's impossible to regulate the temperature of the water. A noisy company was staying next door so it was hard to sleep through the bursts of laughter and cries. They drank, too, so the place smelled of alcohol, they wouldn't leave us alone, and the staff didn't seem to care about this.

Great staff and a very relaxed place. You could get seasick from sleeping on the beds as they move all night. They have tried to make the best out of the hostel and despite only 2 bathrooms, it works quite well. Excellent location.

V Nice place in the middle of the city. Good service.

• 25th Mar 2013
  • Thailand

Small but EXCELLENT hostel. Had lot of fun and laugh with staff although they keep hostel more like a friends house than hostel. Cheers guys

• 22nd Mar 2013

I'm gonna quote someone else: I've stayed in better and I've stayed in much worse. It's a decent small hostel with good facilities, however only 2 bathrooms. My room was clean and so was the bathroom I've used. The lockers were a bit small, but the staff was brilliant and offered to keep some of my valuables locked in their office if I needed. Definitely recommend and stay there again when visiting Nottingham!

It is a nice small hostel, I enjoyed a lot. The staff are so helpful. The building and decoration is a bit old.

• 4th Mar 2013
  • Portugal

a lot of noise all night long smell from someone 's shoes very strong

• 3rd Feb 2013
  • Thailand

I have stayed here a couple of times when been in notts for work purposes. All said, good value, comfy beds, clean and good location. Staff friendly and aproachable. If i was to pick a fault the only one i could pick is that because i had to get up for work early it was annoying to go into the living room and be unable to sit down with an early (6am) cuppa because all the young lads were sprawled all over the sofas, snoring with their laptops on their knees thats all.

It was mostly good. The room was clean but a bit cold. When I had to leave in the morning I had a hard time waking someone up to give him the key to check out. Maybe there could be a place to leave your key if you have to check out early in the morning.

• 9th Jan 2013

Very small hostel. Very basic, no character. Thin walls. The bathroom was large and newly refurbished.

Staff were very friendly and even helped me carry my very heavy suitcase up the three flights of stairs. Would recommend to others!

I met very nice staff when I went to this hostel with my boyfriend ;) He was so kind and friendly and room also very clean and great ;) I loved it !!

• 22nd Dec 2012
  • Japan

The location is very good, just in the town center. It's surrounded by lots of shops, shopping malls, banks, restaurants as long as you walk out. But this hostel seems not clean, kitchen and bathroom are dirty. Room is not clean either. There's also some strange smell in the hostel. Seems lack of cleaning work.