Midtown Hostel Reviews

Podwale Staromiejskie 105/106 lok.1, Gdansk, Poland

The location is great although it is tricky to find at first (the directions given on this site really need to be specific instead of saying it is only 5 minutes from the train station). Very friendly and helpful staff. The dorm beds are comfortable but the lockers aren't terribly large. Very clean, decent breakfast, good Wi Fi. The biggest issue is that the dorm I was in is adjacent to the common area, so it can be a bit loud at times. Overall, recommended.

Really liked this hostel, it has an at-home feel to it. The staff are excellent and helped suggest other places to visit in Poland. The building is a 3 minute walk to the center, making it quite quiet at night. If I were back in Gdansk I would stay here again.

The hostel is located perfectly to get to know Gdansk - the train station is right nearby, the old town as well. It is true that it is not the kind of "party hostel" but there is a common area with a TV where one can meet the others guests if he/she wants to. The whole hostel is very clean and nicely furnished. Mot importantly: The staff is the most helpful ever, they'll look up bus tables, give advice on almost anything and always have a smile and time for a little chat.

Best hostel i stayed in. Great atmosphere. Very, very clean. Quiet at night. ( except you have people snorring in your dorm ;-) ) Nice and very helpful staff especially Sylwia :-) thank you you made my stay enjoying a lot. m

The hostel is one of the best hostels where I have been. Everything is clean and well prepared. The stuff is very friendly and helpfull in all questions. Furthermore it is good located and you can even park at the hostel in a safety area. I can really recommend the hostel.

Great little hostel. Good location, 5-10min from central train station. Modern and stylish interiors and very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were a bit small but clean and nice. We loved it! Highly recommended!!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Tidiest, cleanest, and most organised hostel i've stayed at. Very helpful and friendly staff, with great facilities, and very close to main areas of attraction within the city.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Quite a small cosy hostel that is good for small groups in a excellent location. The staff Slywia and Zuzia were very friendly and extremely helpful as we originally booked a private twin but then had another friend be allowed to stay in our room last minute with a spare mattress on the floor. My GF also had a knee accident and they looked after her a lot since she could not move too much. The free Breakfeast was simple but nice. The common area of the lounge was great. Definitely Recommend it!

The perfect hostel!

silvie at the front desk was great. the hostel is small and has only 2 bathrooms/toilets. but everything is new and clean.

I can definitely recommend you this place!! It's a cozy, clean and central located hostel. Bathroom facilities are very clean, shower worked perfectly. Beds were comfortable and you can lock your things inside the room. Next positive aspect was the silence at night. The staff were extremly friendly and helpful. All in all there's almost nothing to complain about except the small range of breakfast.

• 12th Aug 2014

Nice and clean hostel in a good place between the old and new town. The rooms are small and there is practically no soundproofing. The service was good.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Finland

one of the cleanest Hostels i've ever stayed at. The stuff is really helpful und nice. The provided breakfast is good.

very cozy and quiet place with excellent location

I have travelled extensively and Midtown Hostel has the nicest facilities I've ever seen and is the cleanest "hostel" I've ever stayed in.

• 1st Jul 2014

Good for backpacker, very good location

The best hostel we ever been :)

I'm really happy to recommend this hostel! I can say that it i has a lot going for it but I really must praise the staff who are just brilliant. I met 4-5 of them during my 2 nights staying here and they were all fantastic. If I return to Gdansk, I will definitely be staying here again! Nice work Midtown!

A very nice place to stay. Comfortable, clean, and good advice from the helpful staff. I'll likely stay again next time I visit Gdansk.

• 13th Jun 2014

I don't know if it was the time frame or the location, but as a traveler who likes to get out and meet people the other guests staying there were all older, or couples that kept to themselves. It is very clean, very nice, and location is close to old town, but overall is was just a place to put your stuff and sleep. Might have just been the weekend I was staying there though.