Milan Hostel Emmy Reviews

Via Fra Galgario,4, fourth floor, Milan, Italy

When i arrived, i waited for 2 hours for someone to arrive and open the door. The he wanted me to pay 4 euro per night for drapes and 3 Euros per night for taxes. He doesn't give you the key of the main door, so you have to return before 23:00. However, returning before 11pm, the guy of the reception is not there and you have to phone him (call to Italy) and wait at the main door until hi arrives. And the shower is in the room, next to the beds. Yes, when you take the shower everyone looks

What you see on the pictures of advertisment of the hostel is not what you get. But for 1 night that I was there I could manage to overcome my discontent.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

We unfortunately did not get to stay at the Emmy because we got lost getting to the hostel (it's on the other side of town than the train station). READ THE FINE PRINT your reservation gets cancelled if you are three hours past the time you set for the reservation! We were pretty upset over this, however, the staff (I'm assuming husband and wife?) were super helpful and suggested another hostel and let us use their wifi to figure out what we had to do. The woman even hand drew us a map.

Hello, We didn't actually stay at Hotel Emmy, as we checked out a few hours later of being there. I did not feel comfortable there, so we shifted to a more suitable accommodation for us. There were four of us and felt that the room we had been given was a to small for us, and I didn't like the idea of sharing one bathroom and toilet with approximately 16 people for 3 days. They could make the place more welcoming with brochures and city maps, basic info on MIlan etc.

Shared a room with 5 others (I booked it that way so that was ok), most prominent feature of the room is a shared shower in the middle of the room, very much visually shared with the other 5 guys (didn't expect that a shared shower meant I'd have to strip for others). Staff sleeps next door/ in the hallway and charges extra for the linen, city tax and 10 € sec.dep ( which they didn't want to return the next day). Location is ok, prices online were shown in $ but they charged the amount in €.