Milan Hostel Emmy Reviews

Via Fra Galgario,4, fourth floor, Milan, Italy

What you see on the pictures of advertisment of the hostel is not what you get. But for 1 night that I was there I could manage to overcome my discontent.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

We unfortunately did not get to stay at the Emmy because we got lost getting to the hostel (it's on the other side of town than the train station). READ THE FINE PRINT your reservation gets cancelled if you are three hours past the time you set for the reservation! We were pretty upset over this, however, the staff (I'm assuming husband and wife?) were super helpful and suggested another hostel and let us use their wifi to figure out what we had to do. The woman even hand drew us a map.

Hello, We didn't actually stay at Hotel Emmy, as we checked out a few hours later of being there. I did not feel comfortable there, so we shifted to a more suitable accommodation for us. There were four of us and felt that the room we had been given was a to small for us, and I didn't like the idea of sharing one bathroom and toilet with approximately 16 people for 3 days. They could make the place more welcoming with brochures and city maps, basic info on MIlan etc.

Shared a room with 5 others (I booked it that way so that was ok), most prominent feature of the room is a shared shower in the middle of the room, very much visually shared with the other 5 guys (didn't expect that a shared shower meant I'd have to strip for others). Staff sleeps next door/ in the hallway and charges extra for the linen, city tax and 10 € sec.dep ( which they didn't want to return the next day). Location is ok, prices online were shown in $ but they charged the amount in €.

STAFF VERY HELPFUL.COMFORTABLE ROOM

The hostel is situated close to the metro and a supermarket, which is a good point. But i've been really dissapointed about the price i paid. I was not expecting a such difference between the price i was supposed to pay on the website, and the real price (~20€). It included to pay for the sheets and the "city tax". The elevator is scary, and the shower was cold. Bad experience in this hostel ...

I knew I wouldn't be getting an amazing place to stay because the price was low. However, when we arrived we had to pay 4€ for our sheets per night per person. That was 24€ we were not expecting to pay. Also, we returned to our room and all of our things were gone and other occupants were there. We frantically went to the front desk and after some confusion a woman said she moved our things to a different room. Seemed very unprofessional for them to touch and move all of our personal belongings.

My experience with The Emmy was awful...not because the rooms were dirty or anything like that. I wouldn't know what the rooms looked like because the grumpy owner didn't let us stay there! My friend and I arrived to the hostel late in the evening. We are living in Italy for the summer, so we only brought our licenses with us (not passports) because we weren't crossing any borders. Long story short, the lady wouldn't accept our government issued photo IDs as legitimate, so we had to leave.

• 11th Jul 2014

We didn't end up going. They say linen not included but they do not say it obligatory. When we told them we have our sleeping bags they said that we could not use them, which is not mentioned on the site. Linens cost 10 Euro!! Also no advertised on the site.