Milan Hostel Emmy Reviews

Via Fra Galgario,4, fourth floor, Milan, Italy

My experience with The Emmy was awful...not because the rooms were dirty or anything like that. I wouldn't know what the rooms looked like because the grumpy owner didn't let us stay there! My friend and I arrived to the hostel late in the evening. We are living in Italy for the summer, so we only brought our licenses with us (not passports) because we weren't crossing any borders. Long story short, the lady wouldn't accept our government issued photo IDs as legitimate, so we had to leave.

• 11th Jul 2014

We didn't end up going. They say linen not included but they do not say it obligatory. When we told them we have our sleeping bags they said that we could not use them, which is not mentioned on the site. Linens cost 10 Euro!! Also no advertised on the site.

I didnt like this hostel because they dont have facilities that hostels normally have. First of all they write you "linen, maps, and internet are included for prices more than 15euro per person" but they dont specify that this price should be per night. And also linien dont mean here only linien but also they dont give you pillow neither planket. Lininen cost 4 EUR per night and they dont change lininen every night. Second of all they dont keep your luggage after check out.

the hostel location is in quite school zone with a metro near by, however the metros seemed to run slow, make sure you allow extra time when traveling to the train station as there was a few delays. remember to ask for you key deposit back as i forgot and nothing was mentioned as i left. there is only one toilet/shower facility which was fine as it was quite when i stayed but could see it as a problem if it were to be busy. there is a lot of extra charges linen(€3 and tax(€2) pp pn

They charged the deposite fee as charged by the website and asked me to pay the original price. I and also other guests are not satisfied with their "trick" that exclude the linen fee from the presented price and ask for it while we show up there. disappointing.

• 30th May 2014
  • China

Good cheap little gem in an apartment block in a Milan neighbourhood not so far from the city center (via subway). Perhaps lacks a good common area but good for the price and location gives you a feel of residential area. Staff nice

My experience went smooth. For the price payed i couldnt expect the royal palace. The hostel is located in a very nice and quiet quartier, close to the metro and a supermarket. The building is dark but with elevator. no kitchen, only fridge. My room was a 6 bed, luminous and sheets were clean. washbasin and mirror indoor, but just a toilet and shower for the whole floor. price here does not include: charge for sheets (2 or 3 eur) - in addition to the "tourism tax" (as in every hotel in Milan)

There was only one bathroom for the whole floor which became a problem while I was shower and someone really needed to use the bathroom. The cleaning was obviously not that great as the bottom of my socks would turn black. They charge you for changing sheets everyday even if you don't need/wabt your sheets changed everyday. There is no kitchen or microwave but a fridge. They didn't even let me keep my luggage in the office for the day because my train was late at night.