Milan Hostel Emmy Reviews

Via Fra Galgario,4, fourth floor, Milan, Italy

What you see on the pictures of advertisment of the hostel is not what you get. But for 1 night that I was there I could manage to overcome my discontent.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

We unfortunately did not get to stay at the Emmy because we got lost getting to the hostel (it's on the other side of town than the train station). READ THE FINE PRINT your reservation gets cancelled if you are three hours past the time you set for the reservation! We were pretty upset over this, however, the staff (I'm assuming husband and wife?) were super helpful and suggested another hostel and let us use their wifi to figure out what we had to do. The woman even hand drew us a map.

Hello, We didn't actually stay at Hotel Emmy, as we checked out a few hours later of being there. I did not feel comfortable there, so we shifted to a more suitable accommodation for us. There were four of us and felt that the room we had been given was a to small for us, and I didn't like the idea of sharing one bathroom and toilet with approximately 16 people for 3 days. They could make the place more welcoming with brochures and city maps, basic info on MIlan etc.

Shared a room with 5 others (I booked it that way so that was ok), most prominent feature of the room is a shared shower in the middle of the room, very much visually shared with the other 5 guys (didn't expect that a shared shower meant I'd have to strip for others). Staff sleeps next door/ in the hallway and charges extra for the linen, city tax and 10 € sec.dep ( which they didn't want to return the next day). Location is ok, prices online were shown in $ but they charged the amount in €.

STAFF VERY HELPFUL.COMFORTABLE ROOM

The hostel is situated close to the metro and a supermarket, which is a good point. But i've been really dissapointed about the price i paid. I was not expecting a such difference between the price i was supposed to pay on the website, and the real price (~20€). It included to pay for the sheets and the "city tax". The elevator is scary, and the shower was cold. Bad experience in this hostel ...

I knew I wouldn't be getting an amazing place to stay because the price was low. However, when we arrived we had to pay 4€ for our sheets per night per person. That was 24€ we were not expecting to pay. Also, we returned to our room and all of our things were gone and other occupants were there. We frantically went to the front desk and after some confusion a woman said she moved our things to a different room. Seemed very unprofessional for them to touch and move all of our personal belongings.

My experience with The Emmy was awful...not because the rooms were dirty or anything like that. I wouldn't know what the rooms looked like because the grumpy owner didn't let us stay there! My friend and I arrived to the hostel late in the evening. We are living in Italy for the summer, so we only brought our licenses with us (not passports) because we weren't crossing any borders. Long story short, the lady wouldn't accept our government issued photo IDs as legitimate, so we had to leave.

• 11th Jul 2014

We didn't end up going. They say linen not included but they do not say it obligatory. When we told them we have our sleeping bags they said that we could not use them, which is not mentioned on the site. Linens cost 10 Euro!! Also no advertised on the site.

I didnt like this hostel because they dont have facilities that hostels normally have. First of all they write you "linen, maps, and internet are included for prices more than 15euro per person" but they dont specify that this price should be per night. And also linien dont mean here only linien but also they dont give you pillow neither planket. Lininen cost 4 EUR per night and they dont change lininen every night. Second of all they dont keep your luggage after check out.

the hostel location is in quite school zone with a metro near by, however the metros seemed to run slow, make sure you allow extra time when traveling to the train station as there was a few delays. remember to ask for you key deposit back as i forgot and nothing was mentioned as i left. there is only one toilet/shower facility which was fine as it was quite when i stayed but could see it as a problem if it were to be busy. there is a lot of extra charges linen(€3 and tax(€2) pp pn

They charged the deposite fee as charged by the website and asked me to pay the original price. I and also other guests are not satisfied with their "trick" that exclude the linen fee from the presented price and ask for it while we show up there. disappointing.

• 30th May 2014
  • China

This hostel is just a trap they charge you with 4euros per night for the linen without telling it on the website you end up paying a lot more than expected and the staff isn't friendly at all (the woman tried to discuss with us but we changed hostel in the middle of our stay in Milano. And it´s pretty far away from the center (at least 15-20 min with the subway)

Good cheap little gem in an apartment block in a Milan neighbourhood not so far from the city center (via subway). Perhaps lacks a good common area but good for the price and location gives you a feel of residential area. Staff nice

My experience went smooth. For the price payed i couldnt expect the royal palace. The hostel is located in a very nice and quiet quartier, close to the metro and a supermarket. The building is dark but with elevator. no kitchen, only fridge. My room was a 6 bed, luminous and sheets were clean. washbasin and mirror indoor, but just a toilet and shower for the whole floor. price here does not include: charge for sheets (2 or 3 eur) - in addition to the "tourism tax" (as in every hotel in Milan)

There was only one bathroom for the whole floor which became a problem while I was shower and someone really needed to use the bathroom. The cleaning was obviously not that great as the bottom of my socks would turn black. They charge you for changing sheets everyday even if you don't need/wabt your sheets changed everyday. There is no kitchen or microwave but a fridge. They didn't even let me keep my luggage in the office for the day because my train was late at night.

kış ayında giitik arkadaşlarımla ve oldukça soğuktu. neredeyse 1 karış petek vardı ve camlar hava geçiriyordu. resepsiyondaki görevli gayet güler yüzlüydü ama kullandığımız çarşaflarda ve battaniyelerde saçlar vardı. değiştirdiğimde yine aynı kirlilerden alabildim ve temizlesi 1 saatimi aldı. interneti gayet iyiydi. yataklar rahat değildi ama parasına göre kötü diyemem. aslında tek aradığımız temiz olmasıydı ama ne temizdi ne sıcaktı konumuda iyi değildi otelin.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

very bad hostel It is my worst hostel

Worst hostel experience. They made me pay 6 more € for sheets and tax. Just has rooms to sleep and one toilet. Don't pick that one if you don't have to. Concluding with sending my respects to the lionlike snoring dude! Sounded like kraken has released!

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

hello mr Efe thanks for your comment and promise we will try to make our hostel more convenience and comfortable, but I want to respond on your comment to clarify. first on the web Hostelworld is known that bed linen is not includid in price so I do not think it was a surprise for you. the tax is charged throughout Milan.

i would never go there again so rubish and not a value for money.

• 8th Nov 2013