Milan Hostel Emmy Reviews

Via Fra Galgario,4, fourth floor, Milan, Italy

My experience went smooth. For the price payed i couldnt expect the royal palace. The hostel is located in a very nice and quiet quartier, close to the metro and a supermarket. The building is dark but with elevator. no kitchen, only fridge. My room was a 6 bed, luminous and sheets were clean. washbasin and mirror indoor, but just a toilet and shower for the whole floor. price here does not include: charge for sheets (2 or 3 eur) - in addition to the "tourism tax" (as in every hotel in Milan)

There was only one bathroom for the whole floor which became a problem while I was shower and someone really needed to use the bathroom. The cleaning was obviously not that great as the bottom of my socks would turn black. They charge you for changing sheets everyday even if you don't need/wabt your sheets changed everyday. There is no kitchen or microwave but a fridge. They didn't even let me keep my luggage in the office for the day because my train was late at night.

kış ayında giitik arkadaşlarımla ve oldukça soğuktu. neredeyse 1 karış petek vardı ve camlar hava geçiriyordu. resepsiyondaki görevli gayet güler yüzlüydü ama kullandığımız çarşaflarda ve battaniyelerde saçlar vardı. değiştirdiğimde yine aynı kirlilerden alabildim ve temizlesi 1 saatimi aldı. interneti gayet iyiydi. yataklar rahat değildi ama parasına göre kötü diyemem. aslında tek aradığımız temiz olmasıydı ama ne temizdi ne sıcaktı konumuda iyi değildi otelin.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

very bad hostel It is my worst hostel

Worst hostel experience. They made me pay 6 more € for sheets and tax. Just has rooms to sleep and one toilet. Don't pick that one if you don't have to. Concluding with sending my respects to the lionlike snoring dude! Sounded like kraken has released!

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

hello mr Efe thanks for your comment and promise we will try to make our hostel more convenience and comfortable, but I want to respond on your comment to clarify. first on the web Hostelworld is known that bed linen is not includid in price so I do not think it was a surprise for you. the tax is charged throughout Milan.

i would never go there again so rubish and not a value for money.

• 8th Nov 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE its like walking into a run down brothel. the staff are dodgy and the place is falling apart. they charge you an extra six euros onto whatever you normally would be paying each for linen you don't even get and city tax. there was NO hot water and no breakfast provided although it does say it is in the description.

I don't recommand this place. It is more a motel than an hostel. The bathroom was very durty and smelly and no one cleaned it in 24h. The water was cold. It is the first time in all my travels that I can't have shower. Then, the price was not what is said on HostelWorld. We had to pay 5€ more per person, wich is very expensive for the quality of service we had. Think twice before booking in Hostel Emmy!

I suggest that you should put all costs in detail in the your website. There is 2 euros for city task. saying that linen not included isn't enough. you should consider in your website that linen is 4 euros. one who knows the price can decide whether bring linen with himself or pay the cost. So the most important thing is that you don't give enough information in the reservation page. TNX a lot

• 6th Aug 2013
  • Iran

I got there really late around 2 AM, my flight arrived too late and the public transportation at night is not so good to get there from milano centrale. The staff was very comprehensive with my delay, I probably woke up the gentleman and he was still in good mood.

This was one of the worst hostels I have ever been in. We booked it because it said free breakfast and a late check out. When we got there there he charged us for the breakfast and the linen and made us check out an hour earlier then what was advertised. I also had to help my girlfriend to the airport at 5am and was not able to get back inside the hostel untill 7:30. If you can avoid staying here, do so.

WORST HOSTEL EVER. the ad online is bull****. no breakfast, you get charged 3€ for linen, plus a city tax, location is not in city center, must take metro to city or walk 1h. the staff is unpleasant, mean and rude. there is no kitchen, one bathroom with a broken shower, shower walls falling so there is water everywhere. overall BAD, disgusting, unwelcoming and simply the WORST hostel we visited. AVOID at ALL COSTS. ps: staff hid our luggage from us and made us pay to get it back. DONT GO.

• 20th Jul 2013

This hostel is worst hostel i have ever stayed in Europe. They are really unkind.. and they didn't offer anything

• 4th Jun 2013
  • South Korea

Building was awfull. The pictures on net were not what we saw in person. They charge us money in order to change sheets everyday but they never did it. No lockers. No breakfast. No place to have fun. No towels. Not even toilet paper! If we wanted to return after midnight we had to call from our sellphones (international charge) in order to wake them up and open the main door. We dont recommend this hostel for any reason

• 5th May 2013
  • Greece

The worst place I have ever stayed and I have travelled around India! The rates were hiked up for Salone Di Mobile, there was 1 bathroom to share between 30 people, I wasn't able to see the room before paying, the manager would not let me leave my bags there after checkout even for a fee and the room was supposed to be female only but turned out to be mixed! Positive notes: near a metro station and all the guests were designers attending Salone, we bonded over how bad it was!!!!

• 10th Apr 2013

your booking was room mixed dorm and we do not have room female we have three rooms for 10 persons weth one bathroom not 30. our web sito you can not leave your bags after checkout kind regards hotel emmy

The bathroom was very dirty, the room cold, and the host didn't do anything about that when we said it to him. Disappointing.

• 30th Mar 2013

The staff was good but they forgot to tell me that the reception would close at midnight, so I got stuck outside the building for over 2 hours until I could contact someone and I had to wait hours until someone opened my room. I had they keys for my room but not for the anti room. The room itself had a shower inside, which could not be used because it leaked inside the room. In addition to that, it looked like it was raining inside of my room. The beds were all wet, and no blanket was chanced.

• 28th Mar 2013

The staff there are really friendly and helpful.The only thing is we have to pay for the sheets everyday but no change of it.

Cute and quaint hostel that is located just outside of the city center. Within a 5 minute walk to the nearest Metro station and supermarket. My only problem was that the cost of linens and taxes were not included in the price nor mentioned in the hostel description. I had to pay an extra 3 euros per person for linen and 1 euro per person per night for tax. Also the owner collects a 50 euro security deposit that she returns after she inspects the rooms are still intact when you check out.

The biggest problem is one toilet for too many rooms/people. Mind that linen is not included and you have to pay extra for it. You have to pay extra also some kind of tax.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7