Milano Hostel Reviews

Via Porpora,26, Milan, Italy

Great place to stay! Near the subway and clean!!

Everything is fine! Only it's not a backpacker hostel, but I would recommend it!

It was a very average place to stay for my stay in Milan. No thrills hostel that is close to Milano Centrale and the underground.

Don't have kitchen only microondasand you need to ask the staff to use. But It is good localization.

the room smalls like hell in winter. maybe there is not so convenient for people to take a shower.

clean and so close to undergraund , wi-fi working free inside the room

My overall review would be very positive for this hostel. First of all, security, even if the room was always open, I had a locker where I used to leave my values. The location is very good, close to Loreto where you have Red and Green metro line. Staff was very friendly and helped me for everything I needed(additional blanket, spoons etc). Bed was clean and sheets have been changed on daily basis. I feel it has good value for money. I would come back there. Thanks

There should be a more organised system of allocating the rooms and beds. Many people in my room were confused about which bed because the bed they were allocated was already occupied by someone else. Also they should ask for the genders of the customers to avoid ending up with not enough rooms and having to put a guy in the female dorm. Finally instead of taking the complaints personally, it would be more constructive if the staff tried to understand the problem.

This is the worst hostel ever that I have done in my life. The staff was not polite, we were in a room full a boys which obviously were not tourists but workers. The common room wasn't clean (walls dirty). I didn't feel secure in this hostel.

• 10th Nov 2014

cant complain anything, especially if you already experienced normal standards of Italian hostels. But dont expect very friendly round the table conversations among backpackers. They dont have a common living space. overall recommend to stay, definitely.

One bathroom per floor, not particularly spotless. No common room. Was bitten by something during the night quite bad. Came back one day to find my luggage under a bed and someone in my bed because reception have no idea what's going on.

nice new hostel, big nice garden and helpful resphion..

I stayed in the six dorm bed for three nights which was fine. Even though there was only one bathroom/toilet on each floor, it was always available and clean. Close to the Metro stop and the walk to the main station takes around 15 minutes. There is an outside area at the back of the hostel with benches and chairs where people met up in the evenings. I only dealt with the young receptionist guy and he was always polite and friendly.

I think that the hostel is pretty good. Maybe somebody can say that it's far from center, but metro station is 3 minutes from the hostel, and then you need 15 minutes max to get to Duomo and city center. Room and shared bathroom was pretty clean and in each room you have your own locker to put your valuable stuff. I recommend this hostel to everybody who need to get to the Milano Centrale station early, because it's only 10 minutes far walking. No shared space for chating with the other guests.

so dirty..

Broken shower rendered unuseable. The staff came up to complain about the volume of our conversation at one point. Other than that the lockers were nice and the guy was there all night at the desk.

if you dont have much choice its ok, but if you can avoid it, do it! No atmosphere at all, doors dont close in the rooms a lot of noise at night made it hard to sleep. Not g a good bed either. Staff a bit rude sometimes and tryed to charged me more money.

Close to subway station. Good wifi. The staff was disinterested, just doing the job without extras, don't expect any information. No atmosphere at all. No locks on dorm rooms but there are at least lockers with keys. Top bunk has no barriers on either side. They offer a small breakfast at 2.5 euro but is very simple, not worth the value. No kitchen and only one small shower and toilet per floor. But just for 1-2 nights is OK.

This hostel was pathetic. The staff were rude and disinterested. They claim to be 24-hours with no curfew but every night after about 1am you will be woken by the doorbell as they don't answer it and worse still you may be locked out! No locks on dorm rooms so anyone can walk in. Staff talk loudly late into the night with little regard for the nearby rooms. No kitchen and dirty bathrooms. No atmosphere at all. Wifi is problematic and drops out unless you're inside. Would avoid if at all possible

• 11th Sep 2014

Attentive staff, but completely desinterested. No fun at all in the hostel. No maps and no indications. Rooms in the bottom floor are cold and humid. My camera was stolen (I had a locker, but left it inside my bag)