Milano Hostel Reviews

Via Porpora,26, Milan, Italy

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, available 24h a day, upgraded me to a better room for free, I felt like at home! :D

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

The receptionist was not the most welcoming on arrival, yet our stay was pleasant. Be aware there is no working air con and it is noisy. Overall an ok stay for the money.

• 29th Jul 2015

We were 4 persons and we booked a Standard 4 Bed Family Room Shared Bathroom , honestly I didn't expect it to be so good , all the things was perfect , staff was very very good and polite and the room was extremely clean with A/C and TV , the location was great very near to buenos Aires Street and about 10 mins walk to milano centrale , the overall value for money was Excellent.

The member of staff on the door was very short and hardly said a word to us. We arrived very late and found his attitude rude and off putting! The showers and rooms were clean enough and the hostel itself was quite close to the metro line which was useful as it is a big city!!

I traveled for 6 weeks and this was one of the worst places I stayed in. I stayed in a 6 person dorm room and it was 35 degrees in the middle of the night and all we had to keep cool was a tiny rotating fan. The kicker was that there was an air conditioner in the room but the guy at the desk told us we couldn't use it. Ended up keeping the window open all night above a very busy and loud street and I took three ice showers throughout the night to try and keep cool.

This hostel is fine if you literally want a bed. The second floor shower was broken and worst of all I specifically paid to be in an all female dorm and I wake up to find a male sleeping in the bed next to me. Upon complaining I was told that he paid more than me so it was ok.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Customer service is VERY unacceptable as the owner or the manager was ALWAYS BLAMING the customer when it comes to cleanliness of the hostel. I nearly got electricuted as the power points were faulty. Furthermore the staff did not tell you where certain things were such as location of the kitchen, towels, etc. I had to wait 30 minutes for my room to be ready after I checked in when the promise that I have to only wait for 5 minutes. This hostel is VERY VERY BAD.

+ Location, close to metro and central station + completely renovated - Only the eight-bed dorm and the private rooms have air conditioning, the rest has only fans, that don't even rotate, we asked for another fan or one that rotates, but were told that it's supposed to be like this and that there is nothing they can do for us -only one bathroom and one shower per floor -no keys for the doors, so everybody could enter into your room The hostel is fine for people who only stay for one night

the guy on the front desk on our first day of arrival was poor, we arrived at 6am and after we couldn't open the toilet after a 9 hour train ride yelled at us asking if we were crazy for making a tiny bit of noise...

AC needs improving Shower was broken

This was a good hostel for a quick cheap stay. However there is no airconditioning in the rooms we stayed in and we were only provided with a small desk fan. This made the stay very uncomfortable. Also there is only one bathroom for each floor. The location was good - a two minute walk to Loretto station which connects to the red and green lines. The staff were not very helpful. There were no locks to the doors and we were only provided with lockers for our things

Hello, Milano hostel owner. ....You must not know what kind of problem in your hostel, do you? 1. Grand floor bathroom's shower curtain is 20cm short. That why the floor is always wet, and slippy. Your employees is mapping off all the time, but if you buy new curtain that will be easy solution. 2. 2nd floor bathroom's shower hanging stop part is broken, so shower fall down to my foot, I almost get injured. Another shower room is totally Brocken, the door was taking off and just left in the

The hostel near the central station we thought easy to find. The staff was good at English they were very accommodating and nice. We stayed for 2 nights 3 persons, then the member of our group. The hostel even upgraded us free of charge to a private room with own toilet. We liked our stay here :) Ps. They also cleaned the rooms each day at noon.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

The day clerk was absolutely wonderful and helped me out of a tough spot. The night clerk was generally unhelpful. The bathrooms never had toilet paper and I had to keep requesting it. The showers overflowed, leaving pools of water on the floor. When I asked the night clerk for a towel to wipe up the spill or for him to do so, he refused. As a result of the wet floors, I slipped and injured my knee. The place smelled of cigarette smoke and there was no place to sit and eat.

Milano hostel was a nice stay. The bathrooms we're ok. Although 2/3 showers were cold. The beds weren't that comfortable but everything was clean. 5-10 minute walk to the subway which was nice. Only bad thing was there were no organized events and no good common room. In summary, it's safe, clean and the staff was pretty nice.

Decent spot to stay for a night or two. Close to metro. No keys for room, which bothers me. Sufficient breakfast and overall the facilities were pretty good. Night was ruined by two Asian girls who thought it was ok to storm into room at 2 in the morning and act like no one was there, let alone asleep. Man at front desk seemed to be friends with them and didn't care what they were doing.

• 21st Jun 2015

Nice enough for the price, but all room doors were unlocked. The only access control was by buzzer on the front door which was not at all comforting. Otherwise the facility and staff were fine.

It was a little hard to find because the directions on the website are a little vague (the ones that say where to go after the Loreto subway stop, because Loreto is a circle so there is no "last" right as it specifies. Besides that security, service, and staff were all excellent, and it's super close to the metro which is a huge boost. I highly recommend it!

• 12th Jun 2015

if you will stay for a short period this hostel would be a good selection. it's not far from the train station, clean and safe

There were no locks on the rooms and people that weren't staying in the room were walking in. The whole floor in both downstairs bathrooms were covered in water. I only stayed one of the three nights I booked for as I didn't feel comfortable staying there.