Milhouse Hipo Reviews

Hipolito Yirigoyen 959, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Definitely a massive party hostel, which makes it very easy to meet people, but be aware of what you're signing up for. Seems like there are always people mopping floors or cleaning something, but the bathrooms tend to get fairly filthy pretty quickly because there are only a handful per floor. Staff is friendly but mostly useless when you ask them for actual recommendations of places to eat/visit. Typical response was "Anything is good" or "Everything in BA is amazing".

The location was bad and I'm still looking for my knife and my bottle opener.

The best party hostel you will find. Be ready to go hard for multiple days on end. However, the rooms at the Hipo block the noise from the bar below if you want to drink. Staff is cool and helpful.

Party hostel to the max! Great hostel for meeting new friends and location wise it's perfect. Rooms are clean and staff are helpful with organising bike tours and activities. Great for solo travellers!

Party, party, party. But great staff and you will meet tons of cool people (pretty much all Israeli, British, and Aussie though).

Definitely a party hostel. Private rooms are spacious and clean. Plenty of activities. Would be perfect for solo travellers.

Was a little loud at night with parties downstairs, so if you need a full night sleep and you're a light sleeper, you're probably better off elsewhere. Best hostel breakfast out of the four total I stayed at in Argentina. Awesome spot overall.

Really great stay in Millhouse Avenue 6 bed dorm. Great atmosphere and lots of day trips to do.

Great hostel if you'll be partying every night. Only 1 power point in my 8 bed dorm was annoying. No where to sit and chill out at night since the bar (and the music) takes over. Wifi comes and goes in the room I was in. Brekky was awesome.

In over 10 years of backpacking this was my worst hostel stay. While I recognise that BA is a city where people want to party and stay up late, the hostel was out of control. Directly outside of our room there were people screaming as loud as possible for several hours between 3am -6am. At one point they were attempting to break into a room. Despite the hostel running parties in the downstairs area, there was no security patrolling common areas to manage this situation. Staff were unhelpful.

Double standards on free nights accommodation! Wouldn't give me the 4th night free because I didn't pay upfront but gave it to everyone else in my room (on 2 separate occasions and days) even though they also didn't pay upfront and told them not to tell anyone. When I questioned the staff about it was told there is nothing they can do. That is NOT right, if a customer has a complaint deal with it! Holding your passport is a ridiculous rule when you have my credit card details already.

Definitely a party hostel! Staff are amazing and in a great location! Highly recommend for anyone staying in BA.

Great staff, provide lots of tours and information.

Had a great atmosphere, especially for social travellers - very social, with lots of great, reasonably priced events available. Staff were lovely and very helpful, and the nightly party/live music (run by different Milhouses on different nights) was great if you wanted to go out, but equally the sound wasn't a problem if you want a night in. A little strange that there's only one key per room but not a huge deal, just a little inconvenient sometimes.

Great hostel in the heart of BA!! Awesome staff with brilliant atmosphere and epic parties every night... If partying is not your vibe this may not be the hostel for you

Great hostel with a brilliant atmosphere and staff. Always something happening each evening if you can keep up!

Had a nice stay short and sweet amd milhouse did the trick thanks guys

We had a wonderful week at Hipo. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the place is very secure and in a great location. Everything is within walking distance. The parties and tours organised by the hostel are amazing. The rooms were always clean and beds made everyday and breakfast was fine - cereals, small toasted baguettes, fruit... The only thing is that the kitchen was quite small and not always very clean, we didn't cook as much as we wanted to. Other than that, we had a great stay!

The parties are amazing!

Incredible hostel. Amazing atmosphere, it's known as a party hostel and certainly lives up to that. The staff were all really helpful and we met a really good group of people there who we're still in touch with two months on after we went our separate ways. Facilities were excellent as was the location. If you're travelling to BA definitely stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3