Milhouse Hipo Reviews

Hipolito Yirigoyen 959, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Friendly staff and a fun atmosphere. Rooms are spacious and calm for a party hostel. Lovely courtyard and chill out areas!

Hipo is a great party hostel yet with rooms are away from all the party noise (although some rooms still got street noise). The Hostel is incredibly clean and the rooms and bathrooms in really good state. The lockers were the best of the 7 hostels I visited during my travels. The weeks activities are well publicised, the breakfast one of the better ones I've seen at a hostel and the location to subway made it really easy to get around. The staff were also really enthusiastic to be there.

very well organised and a great place to meet people! lgreat staying here! clean, good beds, good atmosphere

Stayed here twice - Overall it was great! Well organized, clean bathrooms/common areas. What kept this from being a perfect experience: 1) Both times checking in, there was no linen/towels available until late at night. Others also complained about this. 2) No handsoap in many of the bathrooms which is unhygienic! When asking staff for some, one replied "I don't know what to tell you. Go try another bathroom." after I told him that there was none in any of the ones on my floor.

Terrible music and not very organised, Plenty of better hostels around

Great hostel, very clean, lots of activities and a great common space to meet other travellers.

Not a bad hostel would probably stay at the sister hostel it was a bit more lively

The Rooms were like ovens!!!! when going downstairs to ask for the air conditioning to be turned on, they just said they would look into it, and never did despite asking them multiple times!!! most of the staff were miserable!

Excellent option to stay!!!

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Was run a bit too strictly for my liking.

this place was good and bad, guess it depends on what your looking for!

Great hostel! Staff are excellent, vibe is great, and the rooms are nicely seperated from the bar area so you can party but also get some sleep. Facilities and location are both spot on too. Would happily stay there again

Nice place was staff was rude and sassy as hell. Be careful about their very strict 3 day cancelation policy... Also claimed to have parties every night but we were there three days and nothing happened lol. Expensive for what it is

• 6th Oct 2014

Hi Mary, We appreciate you wrote a review and let us know what you didn't like about the hostel. I would like to know what tipe of problem yo had with the staff, that we try to be always kind and in good mood. Our cancellation policy can be read in any websiter. We make partys every days, the first day you came there was a party in the bar, and the next two days at Milhouse Avenue.

I loved this hostel... The location is great and the staffs are very helpful. I traveled by myself and I did lots of friends, what was wonderful... Also, great parties!!!

Great hostel, would definitely recommend. I loved the daily activities they organised such as walking tours and the staff were always helpful. Good breakfast with fruit, cereal, bread and cake. Was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep since it is a "party" hostel, but they alternate the parties between Milhouse avenue and Hipo so as long as you sync your party and sleeping nights with that you'll be fine. Also they had massive lockers in the rooms so you can fit your bags and valuables.

Very decent place with a nice and relaxed atmosphere during the day. Lots of partying at night but bring something for the ears and you're all good in case you're in for a quiet night. Good security but the luggage room is unlocked and easily accessible.

this was my first stay at a hostel and i absolutely loved it! very good friendly atmosphere, the staff were friendly and more than willing to help. the parties they put on each night were epic,If you're after a quiet hostel this probably isn't for you.the dorms and facilities were what you'd expect from a big hostel, pretty basic but they worked fine and were cleaned daily. If you're after a quiet hostel this probably isn't for you. I would definitely stay here again!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Full security at front door. Bar facility and good size lounge and pool table. Nice old building with renovated rooms.

I loved the pocket show that happened during my stay in this hostel!! Also, the hostel's employees are amazing!!

Great location! Close to most things and this is a party hostel! Fantastic for meeting new people if you are traveling by yourself. Lots of activities and things going on at this place so you will meet new people easily. I had a great time here, was a bit disappointed by the fact that when I arrived I couldn't get bed sheets/linen straightaway and had to wait until the evening time, I was tired from a long 15 hour busy journey and really wanted to sleep. But apart from that, had a great stay! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4