Milhouse Hipo Reviews

Hipolito Yirigoyen 959, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Spacious rooms, clean sheets and nice bathroom. Great location, highly recommend for both people looking to party or just relax. No issues with WiFi.

Beautiful building with nice big breakfast, including scrambled egg! Staff were friendly and helpful.

Milhouse Hipo is the place to stay if you want to party.in BA. My girlfriend and I stayed on a Thursday night in a private room. They had free tango lessons then a preparty for the night activities. We met a ton of people and ended up going to Club 69 in Palermo with a group of about 10. It was a great night. Drinks are a little expensive at the hostel bar but you have no other option. If you want a hostel that organizes activities well and a place to party, choose Milhouse.

Location was good, yet there's no curb appeal whatsoever. You could walk right by it if you weren't paying attention. The majority of the staff were helpful and friendly, but some not so much. I get the sense they're not paid enough to do their job. It's a party atmosphere, which was expected; however, the party oftentimes moved out by the rooms--not what you want to hear at 0600! Overall, I'd recommend it for location and atmosphere. Just temper your expectations and be prepared for the noise.

Overall a good place to stay. The rules about having no alcohol in the rooms or upstairs are pretty annoying. Also the rule about only having a/c from 11pm to 11am and charging 20 pesos per person for the a/c suck.

My stay at Milhouse Hipo was amazing. The hostel is pretty well located with an excellent staff and they also offer you a variety of activities to do around the city. When I come back to BA I will definitely stay there again. :))

Look pretty decent hostel if you are in Buenos Aires to party and get f---ed up! If your here for this reason than its the perfect hostel. But I mean if your like me and need a break from party all the time, then I highly recommend stay a max of 2 nights here and then somewhere else. Party is pretty wild, ammenities are standard (nothing special). Staff were helpful! Location is great, right near the centre of town.

It was so hot! Rooms needed air conditioning considering the cost. The bar was great and there was so much to do everyday. The staff were amazing

Fine, but definitely a party hostel. I prefer non-party hostels and will book somewhere next time. Pluses included really nice staff, having a restaurant and bar on site and lots and LOTS of activities to do. The free tango class at the other Milhouse was pretty fun!

Very social hostel so great for meeting other travellers. One staff member very abrupt and rude but still had a great stay and would recommend. Clean. Lockers. Breakfast is good, some fruit too which is always a plus

Do not leave watter bottles in the room, staff do not like that! Straya day was super fun! Parties were awesome. Shout out to Gabbi for making the trip!

What a party!

Awesome! Really well organized and good partys. Nice building on a good location. Helpfull staff

Amazing hostel in the heart of Buenos Aires. Great staff, lots of daily events, great parties! This IS the place to be in Buenos Aries! I stayed here at the end of a month long trip to South America from Canada. Staff spoke both English and Spanish. I will be back! Absolutely loved my stay here and Buenos Aires in general. I met so many people from around the planet here. Great atmosphere, and great times! Just go ahead and book this place, you will extremely happy you did!

A nice spacious hostel that is clean and has friendly helpful staff and there are lots of activities and parties organized to keep you entertained!

It's a party hostel, clean, good staff.

I was a bit dubious beforehand but I was pleasantly suprised. I met some nice people here that were also travelling solo..wasn't really into the party thing but it was friendly, secure, social and I had fun there..

Party hostel, fantastically organised, staff are great, they have so many nights out, day trip and transportation organised. Everything runs smoothly even wen you have spent all day drinking and socialising. Rooms are very clean and breakfast does the job. More party hostels should be run like this

Best hostel ever! I only planned to stay 3 nights but had so much fun I stayed 10. They organise great parties which is perfect for those travelling alone to meet others. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. When the airline lost my luggage they called everyday on my behalf as I cant speak spanish. Muchas gracias Pisco, China y Cyn!

• 9th Jan 2015