Milhouse Hipo Reviews

Hipolito Yirigoyen 959, Buenos Aires, Argentina

this place was good and bad, guess it depends on what your looking for!

Great hostel! Staff are excellent, vibe is great, and the rooms are nicely seperated from the bar area so you can party but also get some sleep. Facilities and location are both spot on too. Would happily stay there again

Nice place was staff was rude and sassy as hell. Be careful about their very strict 3 day cancelation policy... Also claimed to have parties every night but we were there three days and nothing happened lol. Expensive for what it is

• 6th Oct 2014

Hi Mary, We appreciate you wrote a review and let us know what you didn't like about the hostel. I would like to know what tipe of problem yo had with the staff, that we try to be always kind and in good mood. Our cancellation policy can be read in any websiter. We make partys every days, the first day you came there was a party in the bar, and the next two days at Milhouse Avenue.

I loved this hostel... The location is great and the staffs are very helpful. I traveled by myself and I did lots of friends, what was wonderful... Also, great parties!!!

Great hostel, would definitely recommend. I loved the daily activities they organised such as walking tours and the staff were always helpful. Good breakfast with fruit, cereal, bread and cake. Was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep since it is a "party" hostel, but they alternate the parties between Milhouse avenue and Hipo so as long as you sync your party and sleeping nights with that you'll be fine. Also they had massive lockers in the rooms so you can fit your bags and valuables.

Very decent place with a nice and relaxed atmosphere during the day. Lots of partying at night but bring something for the ears and you're all good in case you're in for a quiet night. Good security but the luggage room is unlocked and easily accessible.

this was my first stay at a hostel and i absolutely loved it! very good friendly atmosphere, the staff were friendly and more than willing to help. the parties they put on each night were epic,If you're after a quiet hostel this probably isn't for you.the dorms and facilities were what you'd expect from a big hostel, pretty basic but they worked fine and were cleaned daily. If you're after a quiet hostel this probably isn't for you. I would definitely stay here again!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Full security at front door. Bar facility and good size lounge and pool table. Nice old building with renovated rooms.

I loved the pocket show that happened during my stay in this hostel!! Also, the hostel's employees are amazing!!

Great location! Close to most things and this is a party hostel! Fantastic for meeting new people if you are traveling by yourself. Lots of activities and things going on at this place so you will meet new people easily. I had a great time here, was a bit disappointed by the fact that when I arrived I couldn't get bed sheets/linen straightaway and had to wait until the evening time, I was tired from a long 15 hour busy journey and really wanted to sleep. But apart from that, had a great stay! :)

hostel with great enviroment, nice people and better parties.

POSITIVE: Excellent location, helpful staff, a lot of activities and party every day, I didnt hear the noise from the parties at my room at all, a great place to stay to know new people. NEGATIVE: There were plenty of cockroachs downstairs at common space and kitchen. Also some insect in the room/ bed that bit me every night and causes allergic reaction. They sould take more care of the cleanliness.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Outstanding atmosphere, staff really helpful from people at the door, the reception desk and the bar

The only con is that my non-smoking room smelled cigarettes. There is a security man at the door, there are cameras on the floor. They offer tours, the one to La Boca is perfect. Also the Tango Show Lessons tuat they sell. Parties everyday or at Hipo or at Avenue. Staff is so friendly!

Great stay at Milhouse hostel. Lots of young people on a regular weekend. Great place to go.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

Great hostel especially for solo travellers, there's always something going on, parties, activities and the like. Very good location, close to everything, found it so easy to meet new people here! Overall, I had a great time here :)

Very good party hostel but lacks in all other areas. If you want to party stay here!! As most of the milhouse parties are held here! But if you want a quality hostel with good facilities Hipo is average!! Happy travels!!

At times during the night there was loud noise, but only from guests going in and out of rooms, you couldn't really hear the parties downstairs. Kitchen is basic but better than none at all. Bar prices were higher than other bars in the area which is a bit annoying given you can't bring alcohol in. Good location & lots of activities, although we didn't take part in any because we never got up in time!

Really liked this hostel, most staff are friendly and helpful. Always something to do and hostel arranges a lot of things which is good. The food at the hostel is good . I'd say the drinks could be cheaper at the bar though. You can't take your own beer here yet a can from the shop is 10pesos and a beer from the bar is 30 pesos. It's not a lot of money really but when you are traveling it all adds up.

Good hostel, the only annoying thing was no wifi in the rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4