Milhouse Hostel - Cusco Reviews

Calle Quera 270, Cusco, Peru

Millhouse was ok. Staff were good except the door guy who was less than disinterested. Beds ok and not much noise. The bathroom smelt a bit cause it had no window. Cool hostel to chill in. We came from another hostel just for the Saturday night. What a mistake! Absolutely dead. No atmosphere. No party. So good place to chill! The computers were fast too. If stay here again, its in a good location too. But Pariwana is better

This is a big hostel, with maybe 150 guests at a time. Its a nice big colonial style home but a lot of young people stay here so it is a bit crazy. Very hard to keep this place clean and secure. They have a wristband system to distinguish guests but not much security other than that. Our window to our room did not lock. Room was very cramped like a jail cell. There are supposed quite hours but the bar blasts music 7am-2am while we were there, not to mention the bartender on the megaphone.

I stayed in 12 beds dorm right below the bar, it was noisy but bearable. Bed was comfortable, but pillow was not. Toilets and showers were clean. Breakfast good.

The breakfast is very average. The bread tastes stale, as though its been sitting around for weeks. Otherwise, the hostel itself is quite good. Lots of common areas and the private rooms are nice.

Party hostel!! Don't expect to catch any sleep in the 12 bed dorm: the bar upstairs plays loud music from 7am until 2.30am! Ear plugs don't help. The 6 bed dorm was much better though, but this one was on the other side of the building. Staff is very friendly and helpful! Good location. Nice cinema room. Good sanitary. Wifi is okay. Too bad that breakfast is very punctual (at exactly 10.30 am all the food is removed from the counter) while they're not so punctual with closing the bar at night.

We had a great stay in this hostel, the room (Double private) was great, staff very friendly and funny. Food in the restaurant very good, breakfast ok. We can really recommend this hostel!!

We had a great time at the bar. We definitely like the tap card. Which allows you to pay at the end of your stay. The WiFi was okish, we always had warm water. We stayed there only two nights. In those two nights the toilet was cleaned, but not the rest. Not sure if this is on a different rotation. Mattresses were comfy. It was a bit cold at night though. Definitely needed the thick duvet.

Good facilities but unfortunately no kitchen for guests to use, have good food and bar area with plenty of friendly like minded travellers to talk to. Run amazing tours with really helpful staff always available.

We had an absolutely great time in Milhouse. The staff were lovely, the location was perfect, it was great having the bar and pool table (even though it needs some adjusting!) And pingpong downstairs. Breakfast was good and even though we were in a 12 bed dorm, there is quite a lot of privacy in the way of chip boards between bunks. Hot showers and good toilets. Was a great place to acclimatize to the altitude-make sure you spend 3 or 4 days just chilling and drinking water before doing anything

We enjoyed ourselves here. It´s called a party hostel, but we didn´t party. We liked going to the bar/restaurant on the top floor any time of day and it was a really chill atmosphere. The only complaint I have is the bass from the bar at night literally can be heard from anywhere in the hostel and it´s unbearably bassy in the bar anytime of day. I had ear plugs, so it was ok, but I thought it was unnessesary to have so much distorted bass for any type of music!

Helpful staff when there were issues with the room. Wasn't much atmosphere when we were there. Nice enough hostel otherwise. WiFi didn't always work that great.

this is the second time i stayed here and i will happily stay there again. the beds are comfy, the staff are really helpful and the breakfast is amazing - free scambled eggs!!!

Nice staff, good bar, good rooms. Liked the breakfast! This is a party place, you have to know it can get loud at night. They organize something every night. Especially the free walking tour was awesome!

Milhouse hostel has a great breakfast and beds are comfy. They have great staff who helped me with everything from where to eat/shop/sightsee to activating my peruvian sim card to helping me with lost luggage! they are fun, friendly and professional. I stayed with them again later in my trip. The bar is great with games, specials and food. You can smoke in the bar which is kind of not so great but no one seemed bothered. This is a middle range price hostel and worth it.

Friendly staff, lovely double room, good breakfast, a little hard to find but fairly central location, perfect for young backpackers and there are lots of tour agencies there so very useful if you are planning trips to Machu Picchu.

if your room is close to the bar do not expect to sleep until it shuts down. Other than that is a great place to stay.

Large and very central in Cusco. Good bathrooms, great showers! Good breakfast in the rooftop bar, which unfortunately seemed to be populated mostly by staff during my stay... I didn't really feel the social spirit. I had to extended my stay very late in the morning, therefore I had to change rooms - which I definitely don't understand since they weren't fully booked at all.

Hola! Thanks for leaving a review =). Let me explain that the reason why you had to change rooms on your second night of stay is because we had a group booking coming to your room that couldn't be moved to a different one. If we had known when you checked in that you would be staying a second night, we would have placed your booking in a room with the availability for that. We are very sorry for the inconvenient and we hope to see you again in the future! Safe travels. Jessica

the hostel was brilliant and friendly, however there was no hot water in our room and the shower barely worked

• 1st Sep 2014

Hi! Thanks a lot for your review. We are really happy that you had a nice time while staying at Milhouse. We have already fixed the shower in your room, thanks for the heads up! Best, Jessica

This is a perfect hostel in general, good place to relax after hard trip form the mountain, breakfast is very good but would be better if it start an hour early because most of the trip from Cusco start so early, without a kitchen is a pity, its so important for long time traveler.

Very nice hostel. Big rooms! The only bad part was the bar was always empty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3