Milhouse Hostel - Cusco Reviews

Calle Quera 270, Cusco, Peru

If you wanna meet young travelers and have a good time near everything, this is a good place to do that. If you wanna get your beauty sleep it can be tricky with the loud music emanating from the bar. I also had loud roommates, but that's just down to luck. Staff always helpful, big hostel is pretty clean.

My room was damp and smelly and I'm pretty sure it's the reason I got ill in Cusco. When they say Millhouse is a party hostel they mean it. I hardly slept a wink the whole time I was there. There is no such thing as a quiet room at the Millhouse Cusco because the music just echoes through the courtyard. BUT, if you can't beat them, join them! I really liked the staff here and had a night out or two with them by Plaza de Armas, which was a couple of minues walk around the corner.

Great hostel, but expencive.. Nice bar and good breakfast if you Want to pay for it..

I have stayed in Milhouse in BA twice, and it is SO much better. This hostel had a great location, clean, and worth your money I guess. Although they forgot to pick us up for one tour and we lost 2h of it, Juan from the travel desk was really nice - but please improve this service. Staff was overall helpful. Showers suck! If you have tours booked and plan to do things early morning, stay here ONLY if you're not near the party place. Otherwise, forget it - it is ridiculously noisy till 3am.

Wifi in the rooms does not really work, even net is available. Most probably a malconfiguration. 6 bed room i have been in was a little bit stinky/muffy. breakfast is over my expectations, get corn flakes, bread, few fruits, eggs to be ordered...

I stayed at both Loki and Milhouse during my stay in Cusco (3 nights each in a private double room). Milhouse is a nicer hostel, but Loki is where it's at If you're looking for that hard-drinking, sexually charged party atmosphere. Loki was also cheaper for a standard double (but not as nice). You could always stay at Milhouse and visit the bar at Loki... I guess it all depends on how badly you want to be able to sleep during your stay in Cusco!

Very good party hostel. The rooms are spacious, but smell à bit funny. The beds are really nice and breakfast is okay. Not much to complain about.

Wifi was patchy and staff seemed puzzled by how to reboot the router. But hell, we weren't in Cusco to peruse the Internet. Would have been nice, though, to check email more readily. Great hostel otherwise. My favorite bolthole of choice when next I am in Cusco. And I shall be in Cusco again. Beds were comfy and well outfitted with individual reading light and power point. Well done, Millhouse.

Simply AmAzing - staff are fantastic with a classic atmosphere. Quality Bar. Special mention for Luciana and the watch dog REX, made our stay very pleasant indeed. With love, Harry & Nathaniel xox

• 25th Jan 2014

Awesome hostel to either chill out or party in. The free working tour was very insightful. just be mindful that the rubbish bins are emptied regularly in the bathrooms so that they are not overflowing with toilet paper.

They dont have an appropiate kitchen to cook so you have to expend extra money to buy lunch or dinner.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Chile

I had a good stay here. Found the hostel to be clean and easy to live in. Not a huge party hostel but definitely enough going on that if you want to party you will.

Super clean, great location and very helpful staff who helped us book our amazon tour and helped us find our way around Cusco. The atmosphere was good at night although felt like people come and go just because of the huge size of the place and was hard to meet people because of it but all in all a good hostel

If a party hostel, with on site bar, weekend dj, foosball and pool tables, themed nights, jaegerbombs, hammocks and a ball pool is your thing, then this is the hostel for you...very knowledgable, and multi lingual reception staff, lots of info on tours departing from Cusco - can book for you from hostel - free wifi and pcs in reception. Decent breakfast. Really well located. Decent dorms, clean beds, thick duvets. Was a bit loud and a veryyoung crowd, so not quite what I was looking for...

The hostel is a bit more expensive than others in the area, but the atmosphere is definitely much livelier, with hammocks, table tennis, bar etc, they definitely pride themselves on being a social place.

This is an amazing hostel! It was my first time staying in a hostel and I believe I am now spoiled because I will compare every future one to this one and this one was off the charts in my opinion.

We had a great stay at Millhouse, loved everything about it! Only downside was the lack of heat. We stayed in the summer and it was still really cold in our room, so maybe pack some thermals :) But definitely stay here!!

Great hostal in Cusco, which is like a little oasis of its own. We arrived on the morning bus but had to wait until 1pm to check in which I personally think is a very late check in time compared to other hotels there and when most people arrived. We did however get to have a free breakfast. Wifi was overall pretty good. Got woken up every night by people banging on the front door endlessly to be let in. Hotel says the security is there all night though...

Nice hostel, good crowd.

Pretty good value for the money. I slept in the 12 bed dorm. Kind of noisy of course but it was possible to make a cave of the bed (lower bunkbed) if you used a blanket. Was lightning and places to charge your stuff at every bed.