Milhouse Hostel - Cusco Reviews

Calle Quera 270, Cusco, Peru

You really get what you pay for here. First I stayed in the 12 bed dorm - too many beds for the room, no comforter only blankets, bathroom had no door, located directly under the bar so v noisy. Would not recommend staying in this room. Then in the 6 bed female dorm, away from bar, lovely bathroom, comforter and blanket, great nights sleep. Always Warm showers regardless of room, good bar food, possibly the worst wifi I've ever used in my life.

Really nice and helpful staff and there are also agencies within the hostel that organise tours in and around Cusco. Great location half way between the San Pedro Market and Plaza de Armas. Lots of cool things organised for every night and there are 2 toilets and showers in the bigger dorms. There are hammocks and beanbags in the pation area too. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Situated in the centre of town, it is a good place to stay for a couple of days. For those wanting to visit machu picchu, it is possible to leave your big bags with them which was a bonus. In terms of atmosphere, this is a hostel for PARTY, BACKPACKERS on the tourist route. The first night we slept near the courtyard which was like sleeping at a concert hall. On our return from mp, we moved to a quiet room which was lovely, apart from the noise of next doors faucet in the a.m! Great staff

I thought Milhouse Cusco was an excellent place to stay. Really good layout and feel about the place however the bar doesn't get a heap of action but perhaps an enjoyable step back and close knit group of people then the alternative party hostels. Bar Manager is a legend!

Great atmosphere! Little bit too loud in the bar (music) but else great food, great staff and great rooms!

Great hostel with fantastic staff and atmosphere. The restaurant had wonderful food; however the free breakfast was pretty terrible (stale bread and runny scrambled eggs) but can't really complain because it's free, right?!

Friendly supportive staff who were ready to help. Nice atmosphere, very chill and I met some great people there. Rooms were clean and everything they stated we provided, would stay there again.

• 16th Jan 2016

The day time staff were very knowledgeable and friendly, unfortunately the staff member on at night was not particularly helpful. Breakfast was amazing. They had a great free pisco sour night one night.

Greta hostel and location!! If u want to get to know people this is it, if u wanna sleep then request the first yard!! really beautiful!! Good breakfast too!!

Super close to the centre of town - easy to find. Huge hostel so plenty of people to meet. Stayed in 4 bed dorm and the facilities were top notch! Bathroom was huge and clean most times. Lockers were of really good size, will fit most 50-60L packs. There is an adventure agent right inside the hostel called Bamba experience which was really helpful and offers competitive enough prices for treks, overnight buses, activities in general. Each bed had own Powerpoint with barrier for privacy!

Wifi didn't work once when I stayed there...other than that it seemed like a great hostel!

I was very disappointed that 2/5 nights we stayed at the hostel the music from the bar, far exceeded the quiet hours. We heard very loud music until the early morning hours. In addition, drunk guests, speaking very loudly in the hallways coming downstairs from the bar. The bathroom had much mildew in the shower and every time we flushed the toilet or used the sink, the water would leak onto the floor.

Great place to meet people. Awesome historic building and great breakfast. Only downside is there's no wifi access at the dorms. Also their travel agency is way to expensive. The bar is far away enough from the dorms so you can have a perfect amount of party time and also resting afterwards. Bad thing is they let people smoke inside and everything smells like smoke.

Awesome location, friendly staff, nice bar area and great to meet new people.

Not a bad place to be. There is a bit of party scene but not to big. For me kind of a nice balance. Although people do get sucked into the 5-7am get homes after a night out. Anyways the facility is secure. Bathrooms nicest I've seen on my travels through South America. With a hot shower everyday. Great bar, to meet people in and have drinks. Cheers

Staff was friendly and helpful, except for when I arrived late at night there must have been some confusion - my bed didn't have a blanket or a pillow (might have been me confusing things as well). I got to store my luggage before&after stay. Hostel's restaurant has good food, location is good, breakfast is good, rooms are clean. Only problem is the poor wifi, which doesn't work properly unless you're at the bar.

Really enjoyed staying here. The staff are friendly and the bar has a great feel, brilliant bar staff and really sociable atmosphere. No wifi in the rooms which gets people out, rooms are big and have lockers for valuables. Great selection at breakfast- best I have come across in so long!! Definitely be booking here when I travel back across to Cusco!

All the services in one place! The restaurant/bar, computers, travel agency to book the tours and adventures. I wanted to stay in a hostel with wifi but unfortunately it didn't work inside the rooms that they didn't inform when booking. Great atmosphere and staff, this is a good place to make friends, I'd choose another more quite place for traveling as a couple.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Finland

Hostel is perfect. clean, great location, great and helpful staff, good breakfast, beds are great and the bar is good. I hear there are bigger party hostels around but i think this oneis starting to pick up its reputation also, thanks to Kye the bar manager who is fantastic at getting everyone involved and social! The walking tour taken by Louis was also fantastic, highly recommended.

Stayed there before and after a trek. The sheets in our room were so worn that they had balls, so even if they were clean they felt dirty. The location was great for seeing the city. The wifi really only worked in the bar. It was so loud with people screaming in the halls and noise coming down from the bar that the two nights before our trek we could not sleep. After our trek we stayed in a room above the courtyard and it was a lot nicer. Newer sheets. Noise didn't carry from the bar.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4