Milhouse Hostel - Cusco Reviews

Calle Quera 270, Cusco, Peru

Helpful and friendly staff. Cool bar, cheap beer. Walking distance to everywhere in Cusco. I definitely enjoyed staying there.

I've traveled a lot and this hostel by far is my favorite. Staff are very friendly, location is a best in cusco, the room was very clean to a hotel standard. Make sure to stay here and don't waste your time looking for other places.

• 15th Aug 2014

I'd really recommend this Hostel. It's nearly of good points of the city, the rooms are comfortable and the staff helped me and my friends a lot! The bar of the hostel is the best on Cusco, with a really good view!

best hostel ever !!!

Perfect hostel! The hole place looks amazing, very big building with nice bar area and big space to hang around. We had a great tume there!

Hola, Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us such a nice review, we really appreciate it =). Greetings from all the staff from Milhouse Cusco!

Good warm shower and functioning wifi. Cool building with lots of social areas... In a good location- good starting point to walk around the city.

The best hostel we stayed at in Peru. The private double room was like a hotel. Thanks so much! The only thing to make the stay better would be an oven to warm the bread at breakfast.

Millhouse has a great vibe to it. Lots of things to do and people to meet. I can see why young people travelling stop there. Staff is helpful. They organize outings so you don't have to go far to get answers. If you are looking for quiet - this is not a place for you. They have 10:00 pm noise curfew that is not enforced. Everyone is clearly having a good time.

Overall good stay, but wasn't as easy to make friends with people staying in the same room as it was in other hostels for some reason. Also the bed setup with the wood and high bunks makes it extremely easy to smash your elbows/head if you're not a bit careful. Bar is good, bathrooms are AMAZING - clean, hot water. Gets a bit cold in the common areas, be prepared for that. Wifi is ok.

Stayed there 3 times during my stay in Peru, super comfortable beds with a partial privacy screen on bunks, ensuite bathroom had HOT WATER and good pressure shower, the bar had good food (more expensive than outside restaurants obviously) and a good social vibe some nights, met a few people playing in the beer pong tournament, the internet was fast and reliable but not accessible in most rooms. There was comfy bean bags and hammocks if you wanted to sit outside and use it.

The hostel is in a very good location in Cusco. Super close the the Plaza de Armas with the Catedral, some Museums, a bunch of shops and restaurants, and it's a relatively safe place. The hostel also has a bar/restaurant upstairs which is convenient for hanging out and meeting people and having a drink/meal. The only catch is that the hostel is kinda loud at night so bring some earplugs. Other than that, it was a awesome stay.

A little bit of noise in the rooms from the bar on busy nights, WiFi was a bit hit a miss and there was no real common area. Other than that it's a grand hostel and to get a good night's sleep before the Inca trail.

I would stay there again for the atmosphere and location. It's not a great hostel but at least there are bathroom in the room. It's super cold and they give you a comfort and a blanket to keep you warm. Only problem is that the blankets aren't clean or changed from guest to guest. Lockers are open what I didn't feel safe either. No wifi in the rooms and poor signal in the common areas too. Breakfast was ok.

Super happy with this hostel

Good mixture of party and relaxation! You can have fun at the bar upstairs but also enjoy a quiet night in your room.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Flexible booking is a con. Though there could be some discretion in amending bookings, like with most things in Peru they're just quick to take your money. Dirty bed linen and towels, noisy communal areas very late at night. The best things to be said are that they keep the bathrooms clean and the bar has live music and good food. Shame about everything else. Hostelworld also do little to mediate in light of problems. Won't use again or recommend.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Wales

The best hostel I've been to. Where do i start? The staff goes out of its way to help you, rooms are great (I'd recommend a four-person dorm); the bathroom is modern and clean; they have large open spaces with natural light, table tennis, hammocks, bean bags; a good breakfast and a decent bar which doubles as a club on party nights. The only downside I can think of is that music from the bar is a little loud if there's a party going on. If you have a ground floor room however, that's no biggie.

We enjoyed our short stay at this hostel. It was far better then some of the US Motels we've stayed in the past and would recommend this to anyone. We enjoyed a good night sleep and the staff was AWESOME. Lots of activities to do within this Hostel.

My friend and I stayed 3 nights here before our inca trek. We stayed in a private room with two beds for an unbelievable price. It was clean and staff was nice. After the trek we stayed at a nice hotel that was 90 USD per night and it wasn't that much fancier than the accommodations at milhouse. Would def recommend. Great location in cusco too!

• 10th Jun 2014