Milhouse Hostel - Cusco Reviews

Calle Quera 270, Cusco, Peru

Pros: good location, decent free breakfast, bar upstairs, very thorough room cleaning, large lockers in room for big backpack (bring own lock), comfortable bean bags in courtyard. Con: They don't give each person a key to their dorm room, which was a little odd. Instead, you just leave it unlocked, and then the last person to leave locks it, then someone at receptionist has to open it for the next person. It was annoying and a waste of time.

Great location but 6 bed dorm was very small and the ladders were dangerous. However all 6 of us had warm showers and beds were very comfortable. Cages instead of lockers inside the room were a bit wierd.

Unfortunately I was very dissappointed int the travel agency that was in Millhouse. The guide on the sacred valley tour was really boring and didn't know a lot about what he was talking. But our Macchu picchu trip was the worst. We had problems with our bus (two red lights were shinging). The driver however didn't care and so we came to a stop in St.Teresa and had to organize our own transport to Hydroelectrica, which of course we had to pay for. It was really badly organized!

I love this hostel! I've stayed here three times and it has always been very comfortable, clean and fun. They have a great atmosphere both for chilling in the patios and for having drinks at the bar. The staff is very helpful and they can help organize activities while in Cuzco. Location is also great.

Generally speaking it was an awful experience, I dont know how this place got high reviews. I guess its more for a young crowd, like being in Uni, music blaring everywhere, a bar on site. Our room was a dorm like with bunk beds, made of plywood, We took a look at our room and within the hour had to find another place to stay. Was not for us 2 middle aged females. We got 1 room out of 3 refund and went through Hostel world and didnt get a refund through them either.

This is a great hostel with all the amenities a traveler would need. Wifi didn't reach rooms, but otherwise no complaints. Free breakfast having fresh fruit, and each bed having it's own light and outlet were added bonuses. High recommend if you're in Cusco!

Everything was fine except for the room smelling like a sewer.

• 17th Jul 2015

Saw previous comments that the place is pretty much a party hostel , but was pleasantly surprised. Although full of the usual gringo parade, staff were friendly enough, breakfast was generous and has a good bar with average food upstairs away from the majority of the rooms. We enjoyed our stay although the live band should extend their exploits beyond Coldplay, only kidding......

Clean hostel and rooms. Each dorm bed has a light and a plug, beds are comfy, big lockers and bathroom within the dorm. Breakfast is a buffet of bread, cereals, fruits, hot and cold drinks. Lots of people but very quiet around the room. The only negative thing is that I had a dorm at the front and it gets noisy in the street with honks and cars from 4 AM sometimes...

Had an unforgettable stay at Milhouse. The bar is great, the beds comfortable and the location was perfect.

• 1st Jul 2015

Located very convenient walking distance from city center, with large rooms. Rooms were Equipped with minimal furnishing and no place to hang anything, but overall it was a nice place. Great central area to lounge and check email (couldn't get wifi in room), the blast was decent. Staff were not exceptionally friendly but they were relatively polite. Would stay again.

We stayed in two different rooms. One was much cleaner than the other. More cleaning efforts are required. There needs to be more tables, shelves, and/or hooks in each room.

The Milhouse was good. Nice open common areas and nice bar area. There are really hot showers and comfortable beds. Staff is helpful especially at the bar. Great location. Only downside is that the rooms always smell stuffy and the bathrooms dont smell great either. In relation to other hostels in Cusco, this is definitely pricier so it could be cleaner. Otherwise, enjoyable stay.

The pool table was very dirty and did not have a brush to clean the table. Breakfast was great. Staff great!. I like to shoot pool and the balls do not roll well when table is dirty.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Great location and huge party hostel. Not too loud even though our room was close to the bar. We booked a 6 bed and got an 8...they said they just lump them together which was strange because we still had to pay for a 6 bed. Overall a fun stay!

The staff was very helpful, made sure I got the right taxi to the bus terminal. I only stayed for one night but the location was perfect, 5 mins walk to the central.

The staff were I think amongst the nicest I encountered on my trip. The breakfast was good, generous and social and no pressure to hurry. The place itself is lovely and the bar is a night out in itself. The only negative is that the shower and toilet were not great, but they were adequate. Would definitely reccomend!

• 19th Jun 2015

Great location,

Great hostel with friendly and helpful staff.

This is by far my favorite Milhouse hostel! They took great care of me while I waited in my lost luggage to be delivered to me. The owner has a great list of tours at affordable prices; I highly recommend bunjee jumping and 4x4. The hostel is clean, and this is the perfect stop in and out of Machu Picchu. It is an all-inclusive hostel that really doesn't try to rip you off with horrible tour packages. I do wish the courtyard area were a bit more social. It is such a beautiful space!