Milhouse Hostel - Cusco Reviews

Calle Quera 270, Cusco, Peru

Generally speaking it was an awful experience, I dont know how this place got high reviews. I guess its more for a young crowd, like being in Uni, music blaring everywhere, a bar on site. Our room was a dorm like with bunk beds, made of plywood, We took a look at our room and within the hour had to find another place to stay. Was not for us 2 middle aged females. We got 1 room out of 3 refund and went through Hostel world and didnt get a refund through them either.

This is a great hostel with all the amenities a traveler would need. Wifi didn't reach rooms, but otherwise no complaints. Free breakfast having fresh fruit, and each bed having it's own light and outlet were added bonuses. High recommend if you're in Cusco!

Everything was fine except for the room smelling like a sewer.

Saw previous comments that the place is pretty much a party hostel , but was pleasantly surprised. Although full of the usual gringo parade, staff were friendly enough, breakfast was generous and has a good bar with average food upstairs away from the majority of the rooms. We enjoyed our stay although the live band should extend their exploits beyond Coldplay, only kidding......

Clean hostel and rooms. Each dorm bed has a light and a plug, beds are comfy, big lockers and bathroom within the dorm. Breakfast is a buffet of bread, cereals, fruits, hot and cold drinks. Lots of people but very quiet around the room. The only negative thing is that I had a dorm at the front and it gets noisy in the street with honks and cars from 4 AM sometimes...

Nothing to say about cusco milhouse the best in cusco!!!

Had an unforgettable stay at Milhouse. The bar is great, the beds comfortable and the location was perfect.

• 1st Jul 2015

Located very convenient walking distance from city center, with large rooms. Rooms were Equipped with minimal furnishing and no place to hang anything, but overall it was a nice place. Great central area to lounge and check email (couldn't get wifi in room), the blast was decent. Staff were not exceptionally friendly but they were relatively polite. Would stay again.

We stayed in two different rooms. One was much cleaner than the other. More cleaning efforts are required. There needs to be more tables, shelves, and/or hooks in each room.

The Milhouse was good. Nice open common areas and nice bar area. There are really hot showers and comfortable beds. Staff is helpful especially at the bar. Great location. Only downside is that the rooms always smell stuffy and the bathrooms dont smell great either. In relation to other hostels in Cusco, this is definitely pricier so it could be cleaner. Otherwise, enjoyable stay.

The pool table was very dirty and did not have a brush to clean the table. Breakfast was great. Staff great!. I like to shoot pool and the balls do not roll well when table is dirty.

Great location and huge party hostel. Not too loud even though our room was close to the bar. We booked a 6 bed and got an 8...they said they just lump them together which was strange because we still had to pay for a 6 bed. Overall a fun stay!

The staff was very helpful, made sure I got the right taxi to the bus terminal. I only stayed for one night but the location was perfect, 5 mins walk to the central.

The staff were I think amongst the nicest I encountered on my trip. The breakfast was good, generous and social and no pressure to hurry. The place itself is lovely and the bar is a night out in itself. The only negative is that the shower and toilet were not great, but they were adequate. Would definitely reccomend!

Great location,

Great hostel with friendly and helpful staff.

This is by far my favorite Milhouse hostel! They took great care of me while I waited in my lost luggage to be delivered to me. The owner has a great list of tours at affordable prices; I highly recommend bunjee jumping and 4x4. The hostel is clean, and this is the perfect stop in and out of Machu Picchu. It is an all-inclusive hostel that really doesn't try to rip you off with horrible tour packages. I do wish the courtyard area were a bit more social. It is such a beautiful space!

AMAZING, relaxing hostel! Beautiful location, safe and comfortable rooms with lockers for backpacks (bring a lock), free breakfast with bread/jam/fruit/scrambled eggs (gotta ask). Coca tea around for free all the time! Staff knowledgeable and friendly; let us use their computers to print documents we needed for travel to Bolivia! They held our extra luggage while we did the Salkantay Trek for four days, for free! and then let us shower for free when we came back. Fun bar with great drinks too!

• 7th Jun 2015

Great location, super close to the main square.

This is a great hostel! we made this our base while we went on tours. The room we had was large with good beds and a good size bathroom. it was very secure and the staff couldnt do enough. If you want to party there is a bar that got lively on more than one night we were there but this did not affect our room with noise as we were based in the courtyard. It is also in a great location just 2 blocks from the main square. Best Hostel we stayed in during our trip!