Milingona Hostel Reviews

Rruga Riza Cerova,Nr.197/2, Tirana, Albania

This is my favourite hostel! I have been before & I will definitely come back! The Bansky-style street art, plants and recycled furniture make it a feast for the eyes. The beds are comfortable and I've slept in both a 4 bed room and a 10 bed room and there are great showers - important after walking all day in the glorious heat! The staff (Matt and Mac) were so friendly and helpful, and the beautiful Zhu is Albanian so she knows everything you need to know and she speaks about 10 languages! :)

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Wales

Thanks to staff for help! Nice hostel, cosy and comfortable!

Guietta is the sweetest, most nicest most awesome loveable lady you'll ever hope to meet.... I was bummed out she got married while I was staying there! :'-( . But the staff are all great and couldnt help you enough. Wasn't ever up in time for breakfast but there's plenty of great take out places to eat that are dirt cheap within a 2min walk. Defo get the cable car (Teleferik) and go hiking up the mountain. Also do the walking tour.... but fun and a great way to stay in shape! :-)

Best choice to stay in Tirana) Nice yard, best staff, close both to mountains and the city center! Atmosphere is great) Thank you!

Pretty cool family run hostel with the friendliest staff. Excellent atmosphere which made us not want to leave. Also, they probably had the best guard dog in the world. We really enjoyed our time and highly recommend this hostel to anyone who is looking for a lush time in an inexpensive hostel.

Great bunch of people running to the place. Very easy to talk to and the owners will be able to help you with everything you need to know about Tirana. Plenty of spots to relax and meet people. There are lots of markets close by also it is 10 metres from the best byrek place in Tirana.

• 6th Aug 2015

Nice place, with very nice people. Very good value for money.

I waited at the reception from 11:15 to 12:20 without being helped. I wandered around the entire property...doesn't seem very secure to me!

• 30th Jul 2015

This hostel really was excellent and I would stay here again without a doubt. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, the place has a cool atmosphere and some very nice common areas with a view of the mountains and the location - while not exactly Downton - is in an older neighbourhood that is quite interesting too. Though you might have to wait to use the washroom as there are only two, I would still highly recommend this hostel.

A very friendly and home-like place. Actually I will call it a home away from home. The owner is extremely nice and offers valuable information. I would come back anytime.

I stayed there with my brother for a total of 4 nights. Every time we passed Tirana on our trip, we made sure to drop by Milingona Hostel. The AC was a lifesaver during the tropical nights of Tirana, and the atmosphere at the hostel was so cozy. We really felt at home. :) Great staff with big hearts, and all their travel tips turned out awesome. 10/10 would recommend.

We loved this hostel and Tirana! We had the private room and it was lovely having our own balcony. The couple and staff who run the hostel were extremely welcoming and gave great tips on things to do and where to go, highly recommend!

Fantastic owner and staff

I wish there were more showers/bathrooms (only 3 for 20+ beds. Kinda cramped, but overalll- great and oh so helpful staff! I love them! :) Thanks for the amazing tips and breakfast and stay!

the good atmosphere impresses me, wish I could stay one more night. I love the cozy living room and the balcony, and also the Yoga, lovely puppy

Lovely lovely staffs and dog!!! Really comfortable atmosphere. A bit far to central and bus stops. But that area also really nice, there is cheap pizza store just 10 seconds,kiosk as well. Thank you very much! Highly recommend!!!

THE BEST HOSTEL IN EUROPE!!!, friendly helpful wonderful people, amazing atmosphere you should go here and see for yourself. awesomeness

Having booked one night and ending up staying four in total is a good start. Milingona is a really chill place with a homely feel and great hosts. It has a decent amount of beds but it still felt like being at home. Had a great time there, met nice people, great atmosphere and enjoyed it overall. Maybe placed a little bit off the main areas of interest in the city or from a transport point of view but they make it work and are sincerely interested in you and for you to have a good stay.

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel very much! The location is within walking distance from the square and many restaurants. The owners were extremely welcoming and accommodating! The hostel has home-like feeling and we will definitely return when we visit Tirana again!

Really good stay at Milingona hostel. The owners and staff are really friendly and helpful. I loved it