Mill Rest Hostel Reviews

49 Main Street,Bushmills, BT57 8QA, Antrim, Bushmills, Northern Ireland

I made my booking through www.hostelworld.com for a bed in a female dorm. However, when I got to the hostel it appeared that they only had shared dorms. The man at the reception of Bushmills Mill Rest Hostel was very friendly and could place me in a room with only women. A tip for www.hostelworld.com to maybe change that on the website, so other travellers who really count on a female dorm won't be in the same situation. Friendly staff, good location and communal area's.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Overall my stay was fine! I would suggest having soap at all the sinks and improving the kitchen sink so the hot water doesn't spray all over the place when turned on! There weren't clean dish rags for washing dishes and the kitchen was a little dirty. Most of the tables in the dining room were broken and the lounge area was very outdated.The pillows and mattresses very very hard. Wifi is only available in the uncomfortable lounge. However, the location is great and the showers were hot.

• 19th Aug 2015

The staff was super helpful and accommodating. We enjoyed our visit and our stay at the hostel! Thank you.

• 16th Aug 2015

We had a private room, what was nice and the beds were good. Also it was quiet. The bathroom (ensuite) was a bit dirty and the kitchen as well. The two wardens were a bit unfriendly, but we enjoyed our stay anyway-

the common room or common sitting area feels a lot like a waiting room nog a room where you can chill en relax. If they jazz it up a bit or maybe shield it from the hall and reception it will feel more like a common room.

Right next to the bus stop from Coleraine or the Giant's Causeway. Friendly welcome on arrival. Though meals were not available the self catering kitchen was adequate and there's a large dining room. 2 good fish and chip shops nearby too. Comfortable bed; there were 4 bunks and 2 single beds on upper gallery in the en-suite room but I only had to share with 1 other. There were washing lines but no drying room/boot room as far as I could see, though it sometimes rains in Ireland!

• 5th Aug 2015

Enjoyed our stay here, friendly staff, great location

This hostel is very calm and relaxed, definitely not a party hostel. There is a self-catering kitchen, but there is absolutely nothing provided, not even salt and pepper, unless it was left behind by another guest, which was very disappointing. It's right next to a bus stop, so getting around the causeway coast was really easy. The room was extremely spacious and well kept, so that was a bonus.

Nice bed and bedroom. Was alone in a 6bed and they wasn't really people.overthere. Just stayed one night !

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The whole experience from booking to delivery of service was efficient and genuinely professional. Very good for getting to seveal places of interest.

• 4th Jul 2015

Spacious, modern, clean. Probably the nicest hostel I have stayed in during Scotland and Ireland travels. 4 bed room had 2 single beds on one floor, two single beds in a loft with ensuite bathroom. Staff very helpful. No breakfast served but there is a large self catering kitchen. Also a laundry available onsite. Located right in the middle of Bushmills. Highly recommended

Mill Rest Hostel is in a prime location in Bushmills, only steps away from the bus stop to the Giants Causeway and almost next door to a supermarket with long opening hours. The hostel itself is spacious. When we visited there were only a few people staying, so the dining room and kitchen were vast. Our twin room and en suite was ideal for an overnight stay. A good value accommodation on the North Coast.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Mill Rest staff is very friendly and helpful (thanks for letting us use the phones to get the ferry to Rathlin set up!). The common areas were pleasant and we liked the kitchen and being able to use the fridge.

• 17th May 2015

A friendly welcome, clean hostel and excellent facilities. Our first time, and definitely surpassed our expectations. Highly recommended.

• 15th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

As a senior traveller I have been in many a hostel over the years, but I can think of few that match the facilities in this lovely hostel. Tucked away in the centre of Bushmills, it has spacious rooms, excellent cooking and dining areas, and friendly staff. Thoroughly recommended as a base for a few days stay in this part of N.Ire. (the weather was also great, which probably helps this glowing review!!)

• 13th May 2015

Poor facilities in this hostel. The only one in the village. No breakfast included in the price, so it is not convenient. Friendly and helpful staff.

Good sized clean room right in the heart of Bushmills.

Huge hostel, used regularly for families and school groups. Room was freezing, I switched the radiator on but it went off in the night. Clean sheets and pillow case - but no duvet cover and mine looked dirty. There was a really really bad smell in the bathroom - I think something to do with the drains. I told reception though, and the guy - who was very nice seemed genuinely surprised and thanked me for letting him know. Walls need reprinting as are dirty. Nice lounge area with big warm fire.

Reception staff, Karen and Dennis couldn't have been more helpful. They took an interest in travel plans without being intrusive. The hostel from reception, to bathrooms to sleeping facilities were excellent throughout. Perfect location for Bushmills Distillery and Giants Causeway. Once of those places I could have stayed longer. Nice place, excellnt staff.

• 23rd Apr 2015

We had 2 rooms on one for 3 no problem at all there and one for 6 and the shower was a problem in that room. I would use the hostel again if I was to go back there with a group of people as the location is great. We were a group of 9: kids adults one blind person and a guide dog and all worked really well.