Mill Rest Hostel Reviews

49 Main Street,Bushmills, BT57 8QA, Antrim, Bushmills, Northern Ireland

Spacious, modern, clean. Probably the nicest hostel I have stayed in during Scotland and Ireland travels. 4 bed room had 2 single beds on one floor, two single beds in a loft with ensuite bathroom. Staff very helpful. No breakfast served but there is a large self catering kitchen. Also a laundry available onsite. Located right in the middle of Bushmills. Highly recommended

Mill Rest Hostel is in a prime location in Bushmills, only steps away from the bus stop to the Giants Causeway and almost next door to a supermarket with long opening hours. The hostel itself is spacious. When we visited there were only a few people staying, so the dining room and kitchen were vast. Our twin room and en suite was ideal for an overnight stay. A good value accommodation on the North Coast.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Mill Rest staff is very friendly and helpful (thanks for letting us use the phones to get the ferry to Rathlin set up!). The common areas were pleasant and we liked the kitchen and being able to use the fridge.

• 17th May 2015

A friendly welcome, clean hostel and excellent facilities. Our first time, and definitely surpassed our expectations. Highly recommended.

• 15th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

As a senior traveller I have been in many a hostel over the years, but I can think of few that match the facilities in this lovely hostel. Tucked away in the centre of Bushmills, it has spacious rooms, excellent cooking and dining areas, and friendly staff. Thoroughly recommended as a base for a few days stay in this part of N.Ire. (the weather was also great, which probably helps this glowing review!!)

• 13th May 2015

Poor facilities in this hostel. The only one in the village. No breakfast included in the price, so it is not convenient. Friendly and helpful staff.

Huge hostel, used regularly for families and school groups. Room was freezing, I switched the radiator on but it went off in the night. Clean sheets and pillow case - but no duvet cover and mine looked dirty. There was a really really bad smell in the bathroom - I think something to do with the drains. I told reception though, and the guy - who was very nice seemed genuinely surprised and thanked me for letting him know. Walls need reprinting as are dirty. Nice lounge area with big warm fire.

Reception staff, Karen and Dennis couldn't have been more helpful. They took an interest in travel plans without being intrusive. The hostel from reception, to bathrooms to sleeping facilities were excellent throughout. Perfect location for Bushmills Distillery and Giants Causeway. Once of those places I could have stayed longer. Nice place, excellnt staff.

• 23rd Apr 2015

We had 2 rooms on one for 3 no problem at all there and one for 6 and the shower was a problem in that room. I would use the hostel again if I was to go back there with a group of people as the location is great. We were a group of 9: kids adults one blind person and a guide dog and all worked really well.

We came there in the evening to learn that the heating and hot water system wasn't working(Broken Pump!). We also got an E-Mail earlier to tell us about the Problems but we had no possibility to check our e-mails on the way. He told us that if we wish to stay he could give us two electric heaters to heat our room and he wouldn't charge us anything. We stayed and really enjoyed our stay. The room was warm, so was the common room with a nice fireplace and the shower in the morning was refreshing!