Mimhostel

Fabulous 304 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 31-40
20th Mar 2017
5.4

I found the 'staff' to be unhelpful and vague, I felt uncomfortable when 2 of the staff members where sitting all over each other while 'working' and I especially didnt appreciate being asked for my food. The atmosphere was not enjoyable.

Dear guest, i am really sorry about this situation and your comment is very helpfull to me. I can assure that this is not going to happen again in this hostel. Thank you for your stay.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
18th Mar 2017
6.3

Wasn't sure what to expect when I was recommended this hostel. The room was right above the backyard where people were talking all night and you could hear every word, even with the doors/windows closed. The morning was like a stampede of elephants were running through the house. Very noisy, but the staff was very nice. Just was very hard to sleep with the amount of noise. Not a place for couples. Washroom was always dirty, and lacked hot water.

Dear guest i am really sorry about what happened this weekend but i have had some complains about noise and mess. I am very sorry but this is not usual in my hostel, also the staff had lots of difficulties to keep a group of guests quiet that were the responsables of this noise and messy behaviour. Hope this doesn t happen again, i will do my best to prevent. Hope to see you soon with a nice and confortable stay in mimhostel. thank you for your comment.

• England, Male, 41+
18th Mar 2017
7.1

Private room not very private, large window onto stairs and only net curtains. Extremely noisy. Wash facilities basic, one sink out of action, the other had no plug, toilet paper not always available. Staff friendly and welcoming.

Dear Malcom, Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at Mimhostel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Please reach out to us if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our improved hostel!

• cozmik_faerie
  • England, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017
8.0

Nice & close to the main metro line & historic centre of Porto. It's a good choice for a hostel in the city, for sure. I loved it because they have a dog, which just made it home away from home for me. Spacious dorms, even had a balcony overlooking the courtyard. Having had some rubbish bathrooms travelling recently, I was very pleased with them here. Very quiet, just 1 other person in my room- but March is super out of season. Security is so good that I couldn't get in most of the time!

Hey Samantha, I would first like to thank you for choosing Mimhostel as your stay here in Porto and for sending in your comments. Hearing you enjoyed your experience is very rewarding for us! Our doorlock has been having some issues with malfunction witch have been taking care of, and we always have staff available to open the door for guest has difficulties getting inside. Thank you for taking your time to let us know how your stay went, and we look foward to having you as a guest in our property in a recent future. Sincerely, Joana

29th Dec 2016

I definitely felt at home in this hostel, staff and atmosphere were very friendly. Good lacation and the rooms were okay. Joana and all her staff were amazing, especially Laura who is going very well with her Portugueses classes :]

22nd Dec 2016

We loved our stay here! Amazing staff and very friendly atmosphere! The dinner (only 10 euros) and breakfast (2.5) were delicious and well priced for the quantity and quality. Our room was great, bathrooms were down the hall but we had them to ourselves because it was the off season and there were basically 4 guests the whole time we were there. Definitely stay at this hostel it is lovely, conveniently located and super friendly! Also there is a very sweet dog :)

• Germany, Male, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

nice nice nice

• katyensch9060
  • England, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
22nd Nov 2016

Mim is a great place, the hostel is lovely and feels really homely, the garden looked magical so i think in summer it would be an amazing place to stay. The rooms are comfy, showers clean, breakfast only €2.50 and you get quite a lot. I only stayed two nights but really felt a great vibe there, the staff were all really nice and helpful. You can walk everywhere from there as well, although it's a bit out of the centre so it's nice and quiet at night. Wifi not great, but that's my only complaint.

• Jasonha19871411
  • England, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
8th Nov 2016

I really enjoyed my stay, what makes this place really cool is the staff. The hostel is located in a great spot too. Thank you Lucy,Frederico and Paldies Laura :)

22nd Oct 2016

Nice stay in Mimhostel. Staff was friendly and they help you if you need something. Breakfast is okay. Bread and cereals as much as you want. Quite good at all