Mimhostel Reviews

Rua Joao das Regras 96, Porto, Portugal

They make you feel at home, great homecooked meals and best garden for a hostel. Met soms great people here. Bathroom is dirty and shared for men and women... not really easy to take a shower.

• 5th Aug 2014

The best hostel I ever slept!! Everything was perfect. The rooms, bathrooms, toilets were so clean! The staff were so friendly and helpful. The food they offer (breakfast, brunch, diner) is delicious!! Also the location is perfect, 5 minutes from the metro station and 10 minutes from the center. I recommend this hostel for everybody, young

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The place to be for people who are looking for a quiet and home feeling place. No hostel for people who are looking for party. The staff is awesome. I loved the atmosphere and the philosophy how they run this place. Joana and Albert are very nice people. If u want some good dinner, wine and talk with other people u should go there

Nice Hostel, good staff, good breakfast but cold showers. The dog and the cats just want love:-)

I stayed at this place during NOS Primavera Sound and had only positive experience. It's a beautiful and spacey place with great atmosphere. Everything works how it should without any rules. If you are looking for something more than just a place to sleep this hostel will be the right place for you. And don't miss your chance to speak with Joana, the owner of this place, she's very open and lovely person.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Belarus

Mimhostel was a great place to stay. Joana and all the staff were the most accommodating I have found in a hostel so far going out of their way to make our stay in Porto great. The atmosphere is very homely and relaxed with a great garden.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The greatest Hostel i stayed in portugal!

• 1st Jun 2014

Good place to stay, but some rooms without window to the outside..

Mim is a vert cosy place where we were given a warm welcome. Johanna gave us a lot of nice tips to discover the city. It is well located, 5-10 minutes from the centre. It is a very comfortable place to stay in.

• 16th May 2014

Excellent garden!

Mimhostel is located in a very grand house with a nice garden (shadowy so fresh when it's hot in the sun), just north of the city centre so you're close but you don't get bored of it. I was in the 6-dorm with the balcony and awoke to birds twittering in the morning! Joana is very nice and helpful, the cats and dog are very sweet an companionable. Only downsides: there are lockers but with no locks (which I don't mind) and the communal bathroom wasn't pleasant (plus the cats peed twice in it).

I can't overemphasis how much we loved this place! The hostel was more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel. It was very clean and cozy with a really cool outdoor space. Location is great; it is about a 5-10 minute walk from the city center. Joana,the hostelowner, is an absolute doll! She made us feel right at home! Her homemade jam and dinners are incredible!!!

• 29th Apr 2014

Very snug and comfortable, felt like staying at a friend's house. The back yard was nice and the cats (protip for allergics!) were friendly and purred a lot. I can recommend this place heartily; it was a bit off the center but only a short walk, with the added bonus of a quiet place to sleep with and great digs! :)

O pequeno-almoço deveria ser só um pouco maior.... um pacote de bolachas, ou mais um pão....

Stayed for 3 nights and our room was extra comfortable. Only thing that I didn't like was that the room's toilet was outside, next to the balcony, which was very cold by the time we went. Breakfast was very good. Also, the hostel has two cats inside and a dog in the backyard which I didn't mind, those who feel uncomfortable with animals should consider it. In general our stay was very good but I would suggest improvements with the WiFi's range, cleanliness and atmosphere.

We had a very nice stay at the hostel. The only negative thing were the cats since we didnt know that there were cats and one of our friends is allergic, so that wasnt that good.