Mimhostel Reviews

Rua Joao das Regras 96, Porto, Portugal

Super Nice people....cousy place ! We loved the garden! We come back for shure!

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Belgium

To be honest, one of the worse hostels i stayed in.... really dark, bad beds, weird un private showers, no hot water! Really bad wi fi, dirty, messy, no reception, not welcoming at all. I was in the 8 beds dorm which was full and they actually added a folding bed to it! i was really disappointed. I think the owner should try and stay there for one night and then think of how to improve it... its really not travelers friendly and pretty pricy..

Got a little disappointed with the facilities and how things work, like the dorms having the doors always opened and the private rooms having only one key, the fact they have 3 showers in each bathroom (2), but since it's not divided between genders, people usually lock the door, blocking the other showers and the toilet. They also have a dog and two cats, that we didn't know until we got there, which wasn't a problem for me, but my friend was allergic. Besides that, the staff was pretty nice.

very good hostel with great environment. lovely staff, friendly and helpful. however, the pets run free through the hostel and sometimes you may find them in your room or bed, allergic people watch for this.

The staff seemed a little lost, although very friendly. The bathroom is ok, the shower door is almost transparent, so other people could see you in the shower. There was 2 cats and one dog there and they were loose. A customer had allergy and had to ask to take the cats away, but that was no problem. The hostel is well decorated with no direct light, a little mysterious. There is dinner and massage service available for a fair price.

Everything was awesome! The nicest Hoteles of my entire travel! Congrats to Alina, she is so sweet!

Awsome Hostel, Awsome staff. I fell and hit my head on the side walk and someone made sure I got to the hospital. Waited for me in ER to get stiches and walked me back.

• 20th Dec 2015

To improve: the wifi signal is not the best in any part of the Hostel and it's a really important thing. Also the bike rental that is offered in the webpage was not done properly I think, you have to work your communication with the place that borrow the bikes before letting people go there and ask for the service.

Very nice hostel, It looked more like we were arriving in a big family than in a simple hostel. Great room, good price, Congratulations !

There was construction going on during my stay in the house beside the hostel. It was therefore quite noisy early in the morning. The washroom set up was a bit strange as there were a couple of showers and toilet in one room, but someone could lock the door and you wouldn't have access to the facilities at all. The staff were really nice and inviting though! They have a great outside space, so in warmer weather I'm sure the hangout area would be quite nice.

This hostel is very laid back and chill, and so are the staff... It sometimes seemed like nobody was working. The hostel wasn't tidy and the building is quite old. Also it is quite a walk into the historical center, but there is a metro stop nearby. But the breakfast was amazing, with home-made cake!

At first, they had cats and dogs. Me and a frien are very allergic for cats so we couldn't sleep. The cat came in our room. At the site was written that the breakfast was included, when we arrived they told us that it wasn't included and they wouldn't believe that it was written on the website. (It's still written on the website) We couldn't close our door and we hadn't lockers or something else for our expensive stuff. We had to share 1 bathroom with 3 rooms (man and women).

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Belgium

If you're looking for a new hostel with design forniture, a bar and a computer room this is not the place for you. however this hostel has a cosy living room, a kitchen with everything you need and nice and clean rooms. there's a terrific garden that at nights becomes magic and the sweetest dog and cats. the atmosphere here is great so forget every technology, go with the flow and enjoy this hostel!

Lovely hostel. Felt veru homely. Great people. Delicious breakfast.

There are heaps of positive aspects about this hostel! First of all the breakfast is great. Second of all the people working there are realy nice and open minded so just ask them what ever you want. All in all it was nice to stay there and hanging out with everybody. Thanks! Best wishes from Germany :)

• 29th Sep 2015

Amazing hostel, really friendly staff, delicious food and great atmosphere!

• 25th Sep 2015

Nice place!!

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Spain

A really cool and special hostel :) there is one bathroom for male and female per floor!

For me it wasn't my hostel. Was to cramped and the kitchen way to small. It's hard to cook there because only one at a time can cook. If you love cats and vegetarian food then I'm sure you'll love it. Because for 10 euros they cook for you and it's good vegi food. The basic double room is way too stuffy. It's got no window to outside. Only one over the stair case. So very noisy and stuffy. Don't get this room. Overall staff were helpful and kind. Breakfast was amazing:)

• 23rd Aug 2015

Really clean! Great people! Good quality!