Mimhostel Reviews

Rua Joao das Regras 96, Porto, Portugal

A good hostel, but to make this an excellent hostel please put locks on the toilet doors and have a male/female bathroom? Since the bathrooms are shared communal it is very uncomfortable using showers that you can see people through AND connecting wifi in the dorms with a extender. Otherwise a friendly, happy hostel!

I really liked Mimhostel! The staff was very kind and accessible and the hostel was very homey. The only two drawbacks I found were that there weren't enough lockers for everyone in the room and there weren't any cooking supplies unless you wanted to buy them (by that I mean oil, butter or spices other than salt). Although that not by any means required it always is very nice for those traveling who can't carry oil and black pepper with them! I would definitely return if I stay in Porto again.

• 26th Mar 2015

Beautiful hostel with a lovely garden. AND live in cuddle friends (cats)! It is a bit further away from the main part of the city but its a nice walk down hill through town. late check out times allow for sleep ins. staff could be a bit more knowledgeable about where to go in Porto (Bars, restaurant, tapas places suggestions), but was very friendly.

This was a very nice, clean hostel in a great location. Porto was a beautiful city and I'm very glad we stayed at this lovely hostel! The 2 cats and dog that live in the hostel are incredibly friendly and sweet! It's a great place to stay for a relaxing weekend.

The staff was very friendly and it was a beautiful hostel just a short walk away from the river and the main centre of Porto. I found the house to be a bit cold at times, but I was also there in December, which I generally don't recommend as a time to travel to Porto. Other than that, I had a very pleasant stay.

Warm welcoming homely feel, with a good atmosphere to meet and explore

• 11th Dec 2014

The place was lovely and was the best of the three hostels I stayed in various cities in Portugal. The breakfast was also delicious with self-made apple jam!