Minas Guesthouse Reviews

Via P. Calvi, 18, Milan, Italy

Where do I start. The dorm I was in didn't have a key to the room.So anyone in the hostel could just walk in. Rather concerning when you are out sightseeing for the day. There were lockers but they were very narrow so you wouldn't be able to fit a bag in. So basically you are relying on others in the hostel not to walk in and go though your stuff. I just made sure all my valuables were on me and locked my bag that was in the dorm. The shower was always cold and hair in the plug. Don't stay here

We were really disappointed with this youth hostel. There is no kitchen, the bathroom smelled really bad, and the staff didn't speak English and wasn't ready to help at all. The only good thing, is that the beds are ok.

• 19th Aug 2014

Its ok. For one, two nights. Its in good locatione, for good money - if you consider the average prices in Milano.

Everything was just ok. Not bad, not especially good.

This was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. I was supposed to stay for 3 nights and ended up only staying for one- I didn't sleep at all even though I had a room to myself. The complex is loud, there's no air conditioning so it's too hot and the atmosphere is terrible. I didn't get my money back when I canceled my last two nights but it was worth it to go to a better hostel and actually have a nice experience. the staff were also kind of awful. Just don't go here.

Minas Hostel has a good location, staff is very nice and helpful even if not everybody speaks english. For this price i can strongly recommend this place.

This was not at all what we expected from the earlier reviews. First of all, you have to pay for linen, fine. Then you find out they only give you one linen for both the bed and the blanket. Staff was tired and inattentive. The biggest reason for our poor review score is the fact that we just didn't feel safe.

The staff was really lovely and helpful! Although it is a little bit of a walk from the center, I'd say it was worth it just for the friendly staff and comfortable beds.

The hostel is not very far from the city center, just 20 minutes by walking and less by tram, the hostel is clean, although a bit small, but it's a great place to sleep. Definitely not a place for partying, but if you're looking for a place to stay during the night after a long walk in the city, i think this might do. Good quality/price.

The place was suitable for a short stay. Excellent WiFi. Microwave, kettle & bar fridge. Only 2 toilets + showers. Comfy common area, but was not utilised by the guests. The 6 bed dorm is actually a 7 bed dorm.

View all Milan Bed and Breakfasts