Ming Courtyard Reviews

No.34 XinTaiCang Hutong, DongZhiMen, Beijing, Beijing, China

The hostel is in a traditional hutong neighborhood, and the hostel itself is like a traditional upscale home with multiple courtyards. There are a lot of places to eat in the area, but the hostel is tucked in far enough that it's still quiet at night. They offer a few cheap tours; I did a Great Wall one that was good value for the money. The subway is a bit of a walk, and sometimes at night people walk back drunk and start fighting, but I never felt unsafe.

Staff not friendly. They didn't exchange any words with me even though I speak mandarin, she was just looking down and asked for money. I thought it would be better in the morning, but the guy was exactly the same. A pity. Location is in a hutong which is easy to reach, near to a lot of restaurants.

Receptionists were great. Helpful and solution oriented for each problem I had. Great in giving me information needed about the Beijing or the Airport connections/general information about Chinese customs...Flexible in organising tours to Beijing Opera. All the compliments guys:-)), well done!

Thank very much ,hope to see you again.

We had the 2 bed mixed dorm room, which was very small but comfortable and clean. Wifi worked well in the courtyard and intermittently in our room. Staff were very helpful, especially the manager, who speaks excellent English. We were able to organise a tour to the Great Wall and get laundry done cheaply. We enjoyed staying in an authentic Beijing hutong.

• 16th Apr 2015

Very quiet and peaceful place to relax and resting. Unfortunately the door in my dorm couldn't be closed so I was worried every day about my stuff... The key card was useless.

Dear,you choose to stay in the 10 person drom ,but you worry about your staff,and i think there is not necessary to complain,and the locker is 100% ok to lock, nobody lost anything in the 10 person drom start we open the hostel....so dont worry .hope u will stay here again.

the price is really cheap, and the hostel was very clean. i didn't like the room much though, there was no window, the shower didn't get hot. the walls were quite thin so i could hear people in other rooms. staff didn't speak amazing english, but it was enough, and they were friendly. the bar had an awful selection of beer, no lager, just home brewed ale.

Dear Thomas,sorry about the staff here.but for the selection,we just a small bar for the guest who are staying.its not like a public one ,so that is not our fault.but thank u anyway to choose stay here...hope to see u again and i will take u to a place full of lager......

It would be perfect if there is at least cupboard r some place where you can put things on.

thank you for the advice,but we do have cupboard everywhere in the hostel,in the room we have ,in the yard we have it as well,i am just wondering if you really see it?but thank you again

friendly and flexible staff. ambient atmosphere, spacious. great dog in the courtyard. lovely hutong neighborhood.

Thank you very much for choose to stay in our hostel,hope to see you again.

Was a bit of a struggle to find but the location was great as it's only a few minutes away from a subway station. Staff spoke decent English but I didn't see many other guests.

The staff went out of there way to change things last minute for our party of nine people. The place was clean and very beautiful. The only concern I had was the breakfast was too late to get an early start on the day and the bar had a very strong air fresher that took your breath away but better that then the smells in some parts of China.

I really enjoyed my stay here and look forward to coming back in the future. The location was great and the staff were lovely. The bar was a nice add-on, loved the cumin beer :)

It was a great place to stay, and really a convenient location. You are a ten minute walk from Metro Line 5 or a fifteen minute walk from Line 2. There are decent restaurants on the main street (东直门内大街) and a bus stop nearby as well. The rooms were kept clean and it was not too noisy. I definitely recommend staying at Ming Courtyard if you have the chance.

• 18th Feb 2015

We stayed in Ming Courtyard for 3 nights. We really liked the atmosphere, hostel is very clean. It's located almost in the centre. The staff is really very nice, they help you if you have any questions. I'd advice this hostel to all travelers who had come to this wonderful city like Beijing !!))

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Its a very nice Hostel, a great place to spend a few nights in the exciting of BeijingBeijing. I could get to some interesting places by walking a few blocks. On how to get there I would just recommend people to go out rough exit , walk until e road, then turn right and walk until the corner. Turn right again and walk until you find an ATM from the China Construction Bank. Its kind of long, but just fine. When you do find the ATM, turn right and walk down the alleyway. Keep your eye to your left

The hostel lobby/chill-out area was nice.However,the female dorm was dirty and I killed 2 baby roaches upon my arrival.The cubicle style toilet and shower was generally 'clean' & if someone next to you is having a shower,the water in your shower cubicle will trinkle down slowly.The female staff was very nice & friendly but the male staff could try to at least be more friendly.I guess this hostel would be perfect for someone who just needs a place to sleep & mingle with international guests.

The location is great! Such a beautiful place :) Nice to have towels and hair dryer provided :D

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

A relatively nice place to stay, relatively close to a subway stop and close to food and restaurants. I would recommend the pub adjacent to the main reception/lounge area of the hostel. The owner Mr Hou brews his own beer and has 4 distinct flavours currently. They all taste better than the conventional Chinese made beers like Tsingdao or Yanjing. The pub is just on the right as one enters the courtyard.

beijing west information online not accurate. Line 9 one stop, not as printed line 2.... also looking for the Construction Bank ATM is not accurate, it's not the Construction bank but is the only ATM. There are 4 exits to bexingiao station. have your back to the ATM door and walk forward till you get to the road. Turn Left nd walk down that road, lots of restraunts. Cross over and you are looking for a little alleyway (on your right) about 4 min room was freezing, coffee was great

Had 2 great nights of sleep here - beds are very comfortable, and the temperature was perfect to sleep in despite being in Winter. Only things missing are - a good common area (currently just 2 couches, with not much going on, but maybe was because its winter and the bar area wasnt open) - a more welcoming and helpful reception staff However, overall, a good place to have a good nights sleep in a great location in the exciting Hutongs

• 29th Dec 2014