Ming Courtyard Reviews

No.34 XinTaiCang Hutong, DongZhiMen, Beijing, Beijing, China

Receptionists were great. Helpful and solution oriented for each problem I had. Great in giving me information needed about the Beijing or the Airport connections/general information about Chinese customs...Flexible in organising tours to Beijing Opera. All the compliments guys:-)), well done!

Very quiet and peaceful place to relax and resting. Unfortunately the door in my dorm couldn't be closed so I was worried every day about my stuff... The key card was useless.

Dear,you choose to stay in the 10 person drom ,but you worry about your staff,and i think there is not necessary to complain,and the locker is 100% ok to lock, nobody lost anything in the 10 person drom start we open the hostel....so dont worry .hope u will stay here again.

the price is really cheap, and the hostel was very clean. i didn't like the room much though, there was no window, the shower didn't get hot. the walls were quite thin so i could hear people in other rooms. staff didn't speak amazing english, but it was enough, and they were friendly. the bar had an awful selection of beer, no lager, just home brewed ale.

Dear Thomas,sorry about the staff here.but for the selection,we just a small bar for the guest who are staying.its not like a public one ,so that is not our fault.but thank u anyway to choose stay here...hope to see u again and i will take u to a place full of lager......

It would be perfect if there is at least cupboard r some place where you can put things on.

thank you for the advice,but we do have cupboard everywhere in the hostel,in the room we have ,in the yard we have it as well,i am just wondering if you really see it?but thank you again

friendly and flexible staff. ambient atmosphere, spacious. great dog in the courtyard. lovely hutong neighborhood.

Thank you very much for choose to stay in our hostel,hope to see you again.

The staff went out of there way to change things last minute for our party of nine people. The place was clean and very beautiful. The only concern I had was the breakfast was too late to get an early start on the day and the bar had a very strong air fresher that took your breath away but better that then the smells in some parts of China.

• 20th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here and look forward to coming back in the future. The location was great and the staff were lovely. The bar was a nice add-on, loved the cumin beer :)

It was a great place to stay, and really a convenient location. You are a ten minute walk from Metro Line 5 or a fifteen minute walk from Line 2. There are decent restaurants on the main street (东直门内大街) and a bus stop nearby as well. The rooms were kept clean and it was not too noisy. I definitely recommend staying at Ming Courtyard if you have the chance.

• 18th Feb 2015

We stayed in Ming Courtyard for 3 nights. We really liked the atmosphere, hostel is very clean. It's located almost in the centre. The staff is really very nice, they help you if you have any questions. I'd advice this hostel to all travelers who had come to this wonderful city like Beijing !!))

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Its a very nice Hostel, a great place to spend a few nights in the exciting of BeijingBeijing. I could get to some interesting places by walking a few blocks. On how to get there I would just recommend people to go out rough exit , walk until e road, then turn right and walk until the corner. Turn right again and walk until you find an ATM from the China Construction Bank. Its kind of long, but just fine. When you do find the ATM, turn right and walk down the alleyway. Keep your eye to your left

The hostel lobby/chill-out area was nice.However,the female dorm was dirty and I killed 2 baby roaches upon my arrival.The cubicle style toilet and shower was generally 'clean' & if someone next to you is having a shower,the water in your shower cubicle will trinkle down slowly.The female staff was very nice & friendly but the male staff could try to at least be more friendly.I guess this hostel would be perfect for someone who just needs a place to sleep & mingle with international guests.

The location is great! Such a beautiful place :) Nice to have towels and hair dryer provided :D

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

A relatively nice place to stay, relatively close to a subway stop and close to food and restaurants. I would recommend the pub adjacent to the main reception/lounge area of the hostel. The owner Mr Hou brews his own beer and has 4 distinct flavours currently. They all taste better than the conventional Chinese made beers like Tsingdao or Yanjing. The pub is just on the right as one enters the courtyard.

beijing west information online not accurate. Line 9 one stop, not as printed line 2.... also looking for the Construction Bank ATM is not accurate, it's not the Construction bank but is the only ATM. There are 4 exits to bexingiao station. have your back to the ATM door and walk forward till you get to the road. Turn Left nd walk down that road, lots of restraunts. Cross over and you are looking for a little alleyway (on your right) about 4 min room was freezing, coffee was great

Had 2 great nights of sleep here - beds are very comfortable, and the temperature was perfect to sleep in despite being in Winter. Only things missing are - a good common area (currently just 2 couches, with not much going on, but maybe was because its winter and the bar area wasnt open) - a more welcoming and helpful reception staff However, overall, a good place to have a good nights sleep in a great location in the exciting Hutongs

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Great service.

• 28th Dec 2014

Nice place to stay with a lovely golden retriever and good staffs. I recommend it especially for Trans-Siberia Railway travelers. A young guy in reception was really helpful. He gave us lots of so neat and useful information about how to cost cheaper from Beijing to Mongolia and Russia by international train and how to go around Lake Baikal's surrounding areas such as Irkutsk. Just because a few months ago he experienced the things I would like to do as well. I am really appreciate.

• 14th Dec 2014

Our staff are really happy to offer useful help and you guys are always welcome to come back again.

We went there during the winter and the room was way too cold, the heating wasn't enough. The bathroom was quite good and the room was alright. The area was quite good as well, very lively and a lot of restaurants around.

We were staying in double ensuite room, and liked it very much - nice and stylish furniture, nice washroom, warm weather inside. The atmosphere is wonderfull, the location - in a very romantic street, you feel like living among Chinese, and very close - famous food street Guijie. The staff was very helpfull to us (let us to call by phone). In a word, I would like to stay in this hostel, when next time visit Beijing.

We all hope to see you again!

hostel is really good,but the staffs didn' t helpful,i 've never met that before....they dont know where is HOU HAI,even confused two part of the great wall....and gave us the wrong way.....the others are ok...anyway,i like China

Dear guest,thank you for your review,maybe there was some misunderstanding,I think as long as you asked the receptionist, they must know it or they can check for you to make it sure.Anyway,you are always welcome to our hotel again.