Ming Courtyard Reviews

No.34 XinTaiCang Hutong, DongZhiMen, Beijing, Beijing, China

Nice and quiet hostel, near subway station, not too far from Sanlitun area.

Staff is good at English and Chinese, you can buy train tickets there, as well as ask for help on getting around. lockers are small and cost 1 yuan per use, mostly just used them for passports.Cool hutong atmosphere, awesome courtyard, good internet. Some of the most comfortable beds I've slept in in China. Real easy to find with the directions. Easy walk to subway, small brewpub (to the left of the Subway sandwich shop), western breakfast restaurant (Grandma's at exit C of the Beixinqiao stop)

• 4th Apr 2014

Thank you for your comments,and welcome to come back again!

The staff was very helpful with the information. They booked me a train ticket without charging commission. It was difficult to find the hostel but once there it was easy to move around as there is a subway close.

The Hostel itself was in a good location. 2min walk to a major foot-street in Beijing and 5min walk to the subway. The atmosphere unfortunately was rather poor. Only a few seats in the lobby and the room was rather sterile than cosy. The staff was - sorry to say - the worst I've ever seen. Only one guy spoke english and he was just arrogant and lazy and by no meaning helpful. So if you what you wanna do and just need a place to sleep it's alright but for everything else: go somewhere else.

Nice hostel, sweet approachable staff, good value for money

Lovely hostel, with quirky, clean and comfy rooms. The only downside was a lack of plug sockets in the dorm rooms (two in a room of ten people) but there were plenty in the common area so this wasn't too bad. Staff were very helpful (booked train tickets for us and helped my friend with her visa) and the location was excellent, five minute walk to the subway and in central Beijing. Plus they had a lovely hostel dog to greet us as we arrive :) Would definitely be happy to stay again :)

This hostel has a very nice, old chinese style big common room, which feels very comfortable, plus they have computers for guests to use, The staffs are friendly, especially christoph, siu ming wah, he is open-minded very helpful, patience to solve my problems, that I appreciated very much. He also like to share his travel experience which is interesting to know. The bed room has internet connection, that is good.

Well located, not far from subway station and airport shuttle.

My friend and I were pleased with this place, and the environment. It was clean, the bathrooms were clean including the shower room. I'm glad there was a nice common place, and courtyard to have some fresh air. Other than that, I am glad I went here, and would recommend it. The staff there was very helpful, despite my broken Chinese. The room was secure. I would also suggest, if there could be keys given to all those that are in a room, because that would make things easier. Thanks.

• 18th Jan 2014

This was one of the better Hostels I have stayed in. we booked the double room with ensuite. The pros: Bedroom and bathroom were both big and spacious.The bedroom was clean and tidy in general.The cons:Our bedroom carpet was very stained. When on full power the air conditioning fan made a noise like there was a small jackhammer in the room which was annoying when the heating was only really warm enough when on full power.

• 2nd Dec 2013

The manager smoked inside the hostel which met there was a stench of cigarette smell through the rooms. When we said something to the manager he just laughed.... Sorry, but I would not go back.

• 2nd Nov 2013

Big lack of atmosphere in the hostel. It was very empty and people kept to themselves. The staff were not very helpful and seemed to be depressed.

The courtyard was spacious and cozy and our dorm room was fine except there were only a few electrical sockets for 12 guests. And then there was a weird noise all the time, like water dripping. The staff helped us with what we needed. We enjoyed our stay.