Ming Courtyard Reviews

No.34 XinTaiCang Hutong, DongZhiMen, Beijing, Beijing, China

The room was tiny with no Windows. This room is not appropriate as a dorm( mix4 bed w bathroom).the staff was to strict and without an adequate service orientation.

I didnt like the staff who wears chinese cloths, he is not friendly looks like he doesnt enjoy his work.

• 15th Aug 2015

Nice area, nice hostel but not the most friendly or informative staff.

this is actually one of the best Hostels I've ever stayed! location is quite good, just 6/7 min walk to a great variety of restaurants. beautiful garden area, with cheap and good burgers if you're up for western food, and a small bar also. dorms are nice and clean. good atmosphere in the hostel. only point, staff is not really nice, keeps ignoring, if you want to ask something

The staff threw away a bunch of my possessions while I was out for the day (accidents happen). Rather than apologize for throwing away my things they angrily dug through the trash and found a couple of the items. When I talked to the manager to ask about the rest of my belongings he said they were never there and that I was lying and then proceeded to claim that the other guests stole them! The manager would rather lie to my face and accuse his guests of being thieves than simply apologize!

• 4th Aug 2015

Hello Nathan Cunliffe ! liar liar.Its not hard to tell the truth.if you wanna get some free things during your stay, you can tell me directly i will do my best to offer it to you...but dont lie here. did i told you other people stole your staff?so funny,really funny NATHAN CUNLIFFE!!!i told you you can ask people if someone saw it.YOU STAY IN A BIG DROM WHICH MEANS U HAVE TO KEEP ALL OF YOUR BELONGINGS WELL.And i am wondering ahy just you,why nobody else lost anything during there staying?

I really liked this hostel mostlly for the courtyard. It had a good vibe going on and i was excited at the end of the day to return and have a beer with other travelers. All the staff where great and very helpful except for the young male working reception at nights. He was extremely rude to everyone there and had this nasty smirk on his face. The old man that would pour me beer was just amazing! He would always be willing to help with any problems or serve me a beer at stupid hours of the day!

Great location in hutong area, nice common space in a patio, free wifi, clean rooms & bathroom, special place to dry your washed clothes and a lot of cheap places to eat around- very recommended.

The open courtyard is a wonderful place to relax, before or after a busy day and encourages an open, social atmosphere. I met some really good people here. The showers were never all working, there was no hot water for several days and at one point no water at all. Very expensive food and drink. Most staff are OK, but let down by a surly, arrogant young man in traditional clothing who was rude to everyone, interrupts constantly and clearly looks down upon people. Probably related to the owner.

• 1st Aug 2015

Clean and nice facilities but overpriced and the stuff was unfriendly, didn't even try to communicate in English and help us with a question about the subway. Do not recommend, me and my boyfriend moved from here after one night to a cheaper room of our own (than the dorm at Ming), where the staff at least is nice and try to understand some English.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Israel

had a great courtyard and nicely located I didn't have a locker though and everything else was pretty standard

It was my beautiful memory during stay this hostel. Resonalble price and not bad services.

Great hostel! Great courtyard area, bar (local brewed draft beers), and restaurant. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful! The rooms would benefit from a few more outlets, but besides that the place is amazing!

Its really glad to hear u to say that,and u really bring us a lot of fun.hope u have a great time and hope u to stay here again!!!!thank you .

We liked the atmosphere very much, especially the courtyard. The room and the hostel itself were very clean. Wi-fi connection could still be improved. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's slow. We hoped they provided a tv, a kettle to boil water and a floor mat/towel to dry our feet in front of our private bathroom though. Otherwise, overall we enjoyed our stay here.

Thank you for your advice ,and its really important to us.we will improve it as fast as we can.thank you so much.hope to see you again.

3rd time staying here. Always super clean, great staff and close to areas like Sanlitun

• 31st May 2015

Thank you so much my dear friend......

I my stay here very much, the staff were very helpful and very friendly, especially the young man at reception.

The hostel was okay. It isn't great if you want to meet new people. Upon first walking in, I wanted to turn around and walk out because of a lot of fruit flies. A lot. There was also a strong sour smell. It did not exist throughout the hostel, just the entrance. It is very, very hard to find this hostel. Very! They should paint it pink or put signs around the allies that surround it. The staff are nice. Very helpful and it is a great hostel except for the things mentioned.

I was very pleased with my stay at Ming Courtyard! The reception staff were super friendly and spoke good english. The hostel is at a hidden cosy street alley just a 5-10 minute walk from the metro. The courtyard is so pretty and relaxing and also the lounge area is peaceful with beautiful chinese furniture and decorations. Definitely value for the money!

• 16th May 2015
  • Sweden

thank you for your staying here,we will do better,hope to see you next time.

The central courtyard is a great place for chilling and there are computers in the common area to use. The wifi is mostly adequate though the strength depends on where you are (it can get very very weak). Rooms are well furnished with toiletries set, hairdryer, towels, slippers and even a TV. Comfortable and clean stay. The surrounding hutong area is pretty cool too and its location is really good. The aircon/ fan in the room is too screechy & noisy though.

The hostel is in a traditional hutong neighborhood, and the hostel itself is like a traditional upscale home with multiple courtyards. There are a lot of places to eat in the area, but the hostel is tucked in far enough that it's still quiet at night. They offer a few cheap tours; I did a Great Wall one that was good value for the money. The subway is a bit of a walk, and sometimes at night people walk back drunk and start fighting, but I never felt unsafe.

Staff not friendly. They didn't exchange any words with me even though I speak mandarin, she was just looking down and asked for money. I thought it would be better in the morning, but the guy was exactly the same. A pity. Location is in a hutong which is easy to reach, near to a lot of restaurants.