Ming Courtyard Reviews

No.34 XinTaiCang Hutong, DongZhiMen, Beijing, Beijing, China

Great hostel! Great courtyard area, bar (local brewed draft beers), and restaurant. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful! The rooms would benefit from a few more outlets, but besides that the place is amazing!

Its really glad to hear u to say that,and u really bring us a lot of fun.hope u have a great time and hope u to stay here again!!!!thank you .

We liked the atmosphere very much, especially the courtyard. The room and the hostel itself were very clean. Wi-fi connection could still be improved. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's slow. We hoped they provided a tv, a kettle to boil water and a floor mat/towel to dry our feet in front of our private bathroom though. Otherwise, overall we enjoyed our stay here.

Thank you for your advice ,and its really important to us.we will improve it as fast as we can.thank you so much.hope to see you again.

3rd time staying here. Always super clean, great staff and close to areas like Sanlitun

• 31st May 2015

Thank you so much my dear friend......

I my stay here very much, the staff were very helpful and very friendly, especially the young man at reception.

The hostel was okay. It isn't great if you want to meet new people. Upon first walking in, I wanted to turn around and walk out because of a lot of fruit flies. A lot. There was also a strong sour smell. It did not exist throughout the hostel, just the entrance. It is very, very hard to find this hostel. Very! They should paint it pink or put signs around the allies that surround it. The staff are nice. Very helpful and it is a great hostel except for the things mentioned.

I was very pleased with my stay at Ming Courtyard! The reception staff were super friendly and spoke good english. The hostel is at a hidden cosy street alley just a 5-10 minute walk from the metro. The courtyard is so pretty and relaxing and also the lounge area is peaceful with beautiful chinese furniture and decorations. Definitely value for the money!

• 16th May 2015
  • Sweden

thank you for your staying here,we will do better,hope to see you next time.

The central courtyard is a great place for chilling and there are computers in the common area to use. The wifi is mostly adequate though the strength depends on where you are (it can get very very weak). Rooms are well furnished with toiletries set, hairdryer, towels, slippers and even a TV. Comfortable and clean stay. The surrounding hutong area is pretty cool too and its location is really good. The aircon/ fan in the room is too screechy & noisy though.

The hostel is in a traditional hutong neighborhood, and the hostel itself is like a traditional upscale home with multiple courtyards. There are a lot of places to eat in the area, but the hostel is tucked in far enough that it's still quiet at night. They offer a few cheap tours; I did a Great Wall one that was good value for the money. The subway is a bit of a walk, and sometimes at night people walk back drunk and start fighting, but I never felt unsafe.

Staff not friendly. They didn't exchange any words with me even though I speak mandarin, she was just looking down and asked for money. I thought it would be better in the morning, but the guy was exactly the same. A pity. Location is in a hutong which is easy to reach, near to a lot of restaurants.

Receptionists were great. Helpful and solution oriented for each problem I had. Great in giving me information needed about the Beijing or the Airport connections/general information about Chinese customs...Flexible in organising tours to Beijing Opera. All the compliments guys:-)), well done!

Thank very much ,hope to see you again.

We had the 2 bed mixed dorm room, which was very small but comfortable and clean. Wifi worked well in the courtyard and intermittently in our room. Staff were very helpful, especially the manager, who speaks excellent English. We were able to organise a tour to the Great Wall and get laundry done cheaply. We enjoyed staying in an authentic Beijing hutong.

• 16th Apr 2015

Very quiet and peaceful place to relax and resting. Unfortunately the door in my dorm couldn't be closed so I was worried every day about my stuff... The key card was useless.

Dear,you choose to stay in the 10 person drom ,but you worry about your staff,and i think there is not necessary to complain,and the locker is 100% ok to lock, nobody lost anything in the 10 person drom start we open the hostel....so dont worry .hope u will stay here again.

the price is really cheap, and the hostel was very clean. i didn't like the room much though, there was no window, the shower didn't get hot. the walls were quite thin so i could hear people in other rooms. staff didn't speak amazing english, but it was enough, and they were friendly. the bar had an awful selection of beer, no lager, just home brewed ale.

Dear Thomas,sorry about the staff here.but for the selection,we just a small bar for the guest who are staying.its not like a public one ,so that is not our fault.but thank u anyway to choose stay here...hope to see u again and i will take u to a place full of lager......

It would be perfect if there is at least cupboard r some place where you can put things on.

thank you for the advice,but we do have cupboard everywhere in the hostel,in the room we have ,in the yard we have it as well,i am just wondering if you really see it?but thank you again

friendly and flexible staff. ambient atmosphere, spacious. great dog in the courtyard. lovely hutong neighborhood.

Thank you very much for choose to stay in our hostel,hope to see you again.

Was a bit of a struggle to find but the location was great as it's only a few minutes away from a subway station. Staff spoke decent English but I didn't see many other guests.

The staff went out of there way to change things last minute for our party of nine people. The place was clean and very beautiful. The only concern I had was the breakfast was too late to get an early start on the day and the bar had a very strong air fresher that took your breath away but better that then the smells in some parts of China.

I really enjoyed my stay here and look forward to coming back in the future. The location was great and the staff were lovely. The bar was a nice add-on, loved the cumin beer :)

It was a great place to stay, and really a convenient location. You are a ten minute walk from Metro Line 5 or a fifteen minute walk from Line 2. There are decent restaurants on the main street (东直门内大街) and a bus stop nearby as well. The rooms were kept clean and it was not too noisy. I definitely recommend staying at Ming Courtyard if you have the chance.

• 18th Feb 2015

We stayed in Ming Courtyard for 3 nights. We really liked the atmosphere, hostel is very clean. It's located almost in the centre. The staff is really very nice, they help you if you have any questions. I'd advice this hostel to all travelers who had come to this wonderful city like Beijing !!))

• 18th Feb 2015