Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

It's nice place with good environment, and staff there is very nice , give very good proposal for visiting, we enjoy stay there

• 2nd May 2014

It is very nice of you to give us this good comment. We are happy to have you all here, especilly the Chinese friends who comfirmed the order with us to make everthing goes well in the busy vacation. Love to see you all again.

. Wonderful stay at Ming Palace. The location and atmosphere were great, and the 3 person room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and had a lovely bathtub and shower. The staff was very accommodating, especially Betty, who helped us schedule a last minute tour to the Yunnan River Terraces at a reasonable price. Thanks, Betty. We loved meeting you, and thanks for showing us how to make dumplings. Would definitely stay there again and recommend this hostel to others.

We are very appreciate to see this review. You are lucky to meet our dumpling party which we hold every sunday, people are enjoy making and eating dumplings by thireselves. Bestwishes to you all and the soon-to-be-born child,

The staff were friendly and helpful. The bar wasn't too expensive and had a lot of meals to choose from. The location is good, not too far from the train station and also fairly close to the river. Only problems were we were on a high floor and there is no lift, and there is only one washing machine which was constantly in use.

Thank you for your comment, we hoped you and Mario had a happy stay here. Yes we do have no lift, but we have a big balcony at 5th floor which you can see the Landscape, lots of people wanna spend time chatting, drinking and playing there, and it is close to the laundry, too. You knew you came here at the high season, especially the May day vacation, it is the most busy time in the year, we are full of guests which means our hostel is popular, so the washing machine and us are busy.

Great stay in the hostel. Bar/restaurant is great, friendly staff (thanks to Amy for her humour and; no, i did not yet go to the caves ;-) ). Location is great too. I would recommend.

Thank you for your comment. As far as I can see, you had a great time with Amy the lovely girl when you stayed here. She was very happy to know you remember her and you were happy because of her enthusiasm. It is pitty you haven't go to the Reed Fluet Caves which is so famous, maybe you can go next time when you come to Guilin again.

All the staff were really incredibly helpful and kind, especially in booking tours. I originally planned one night and booked a single. However due a small problem with window I got another room, a double for no extra and ended up staying two extra nights. The last night I hadn't booked and room was tight but a space was made available in dorm. Really accommodating. The private rooms are really nice and great art work hangs on the walls. Lobby and bar had great wifi, great music and great food.

Thank you for your staying. We really glad havd you here. Your first room was a little difficult to open the window, but now it is fixed. We always take care of our guest because we know people who travel from different countries are tired and not easy to get use to the new place for the different cutrule, so we would like to help you and make you guest feel easy. If there are any problems due to us, we truely would (will) solve them without charge.

Great Guesthouse! located 2 minutes walk from shopping streets, restaurants, etc, but in a very quite street. Room was very clean and big, with Cable TV and AC. Bathroom was HUGE!! The restaurant in the lobby has great food and great coffee.

The place is really good, and the staff is quite helpful. If again i would go to the same place..sure

I loved my stay at Ming Palace! Even though it was brief, the staff was very helpful, the rooms were clean, and the hostel has such a nice atmosphere. I would definitely stay again.

Thank you for this good comment. On behalf of Ming Palace International Youth Hostel, We would like people all over the world to know that our price are good, and competitive with other local youth hostels. Recently we have done some modications and hope you will enjoy the added feature. A special feature to our modifications is that now, upon request we have in a number of our rooms, a bathtub for your pleasure. Also availible is shampoo, a hairdryer, and air conditioning.

Gorgeous hostel in a great area! The staff was very helpful and spoke great English! They made amazing food and coffee! Taxi drivers has some difficulty finding it, so make sure you print off the confirmation email with the directions for the driver that are written in Chinese. They have recently updated the entire hostel, so it is very nice. I will definitely stay here again!

Staff is amazing and very helpful!

Thank you, Leah. I was wondering have you been told you are very cool. You really made my eyes light up when you walked into our hostel. Hope to see you again.

Wonderful hostel! Very helpful staff. We were able to book convenient tours through the hostel and enjoyed their restaurant. Great location you can walk to scenic spots and downtown Guilin from. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

It is very kind of you to give us a so good comment. I hope you had a good time here with your boyfriend in such a busy day.

The hostel was nice, clean and in a great location .The hsotel reception staff were also extremely kind and helpful. met some nice people in the bar。。。。。 bar and food was quite reasonable price and the wifi work very well even it was busy。。

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

We are very glad to receive this comment. We are trying to do better since the decoration has been finished. The bathroom is new with hairdryer, shampoo, some of them even have bathtubs; the balcony which you can see the senery at 5th floor is open now. You will find a new Ming Palace Internetional Youth Hostel here when you come here next time.

The location is good, many shops and restaurants, easy access to public transport, though it is very busy.I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hostel was adequately clean, secure, and that the staff were really friendly and willing to help. I would definitely recommend it to budget travelers who want a little comfort and security. I'd consider staying again myself too.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • China

From your comments we know our efforts were not in vain and thanks for your review and recommend.We're glad that you enjoyed staying with us and looking forward to see you again.Have a nice day!

thank you for the pleasant stay! :)

Thank you too!We redecorated the room to make our guest to have a wonderful stay in guilin,we are really happy that you like the style after the upgrade,Hope to see you again!

One of the most suitable hostel in Guilin, super good location, new facilities, clean, and lovely! Breakfast is the best in the world! (:

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Russia

We are so happy that you like our hostel!We upgrade the room to let our guests have a more comfortable stay here,Hope you all the best!

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Stayed there one night and then came back for a couple of more nights. The staff is very very helpful, the WC and showers clean and nice, the rooms good. Everything is simply perfect here. Its also easy to find, right next to the subway line. I can warmly recommend Ming Palace International.

Great place to stay. Booked a single room for two nights either side of a four day trip to Yangshuo. On the return leg the same single room wasn't available so was upgraded to a large family room at no extra cost. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, only too happy to help with local information and bookings. Highly recommended.

Exelent Hostal...staff members are so kind and nice people, I would recomend the hostel...exelente lugar para quedarse

Gracias! yo soy Angela. Thank you for teaching me Spanish. It is really helpful because many people come here can say Spanish. Really happy to see your recommending. Thank you for everything, my teachers.

Great Hostel: good location and helpful and friendly staff. The only negative thing is that the common area is quite cold at this time of year.

Great hostel, the staff is lovely and the rooms are nice (standard twin room).

• 4th Jan 2014

It is very kind of you to give us this good comment. We hope you have a good stay here with your friend.