Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

One of the most suitable hostel in Guilin, super good location, new facilities, clean, and lovely! Breakfast is the best in the world! (:

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Russia

We are so happy that you like our hostel!We upgrade the room to let our guests have a more comfortable stay here,Hope you all the best!

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Stayed there one night and then came back for a couple of more nights. The staff is very very helpful, the WC and showers clean and nice, the rooms good. Everything is simply perfect here. Its also easy to find, right next to the subway line. I can warmly recommend Ming Palace International.

Great place to stay. Booked a single room for two nights either side of a four day trip to Yangshuo. On the return leg the same single room wasn't available so was upgraded to a large family room at no extra cost. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, only too happy to help with local information and bookings. Highly recommended.

Exelent Hostal...staff members are so kind and nice people, I would recomend the hostel...exelente lugar para quedarse

Gracias! yo soy Angela. Thank you for teaching me Spanish. It is really helpful because many people come here can say Spanish. Really happy to see your recommending. Thank you for everything, my teachers.

Great Hostel: good location and helpful and friendly staff. The only negative thing is that the common area is quite cold at this time of year.

Great hostel, the staff is lovely and the rooms are nice (standard twin room).

• 4th Jan 2014

It is very kind of you to give us this good comment. We hope you have a good stay here with your friend.

Excellent for young travellers. This hostel is cosy, staff help people organizing trips, good breakfast and more.

Thank you for your comment. We hoped you had a good trip to rice terrace. Good luck to you and your Uncle.

very helpful and friendly stuff, good value for money. offer trips on the Li River and others, but cannot book train tickets for you. A booking agency is not too far away, though. you can do laundry at the hostel (for free) and dry it open-air, but I think the washing machine is not working 100%. all in all a good hostel though, because the room was very big and nicely decorated (double room on 3rd floor)

Thanks for your comment. For the mention of washing machine, I think it is OK because no one tell us about that and our staff use it everyday, too. However, we will take more attention to make sure it works well. Thank you very much.

This is the best hostel i stayed in. Very nice restaurant/bar and the staff is amazing. Really helpful and they ask you want you think about the menu and if they are expansive. A breakfast or 20/25 is a good deal and cheap beers(8yuan) is just perfect to chill with other travelers.

Thank you for your comment, thank you for your long stay with us, thank you for your advise. You stayed here so long that I still remember you walking around the hostel, talking with other guests. In a word, thank you for everything

Really happy to stay in this hostel. Comfortable place and good service!

So happy that you enjoy staying with us.Happy new year!

It is a hostel. But guilin is not a hostel destination. Everything is expensive, including the tours offered by the hostel. Staff were Ok depending on who we spoke to. Some knew nothing, except info on the tours offered. Location is nice. Close to the river and parks on the northern end of guilin. We did the li River cruise to yangshou and regretted it. It's a tour tailored to higher end hotel guests and not independent hostel guests. Room was Ok aside from being super dusty Rooftop isn't open.

Thanks for choosing MingPalace.For the tours,we are an authorize dealer of CITS tours as they are reputable tour agency in Guilin. The prices are fixed according to the policies. but we still offer many budget-friendly tour. For the cleanliness,we want to provide our guests with a more comfortable experience.so we decided to renovated some rooms,and closed the rooftop,We're currently remedied these problems with our team. Hope everything treat you well in other place.

very friendly staff

Thank you for your comment. It is very kind of you.

Amazing Hostel! Very clean, super-friendly staff! It was so good I extended my stay there in two nights!

Soooooooo glad that you have good day here!!!Have fun at ZHANGJIAJIE!!!

We only stay here for one night, the area is quite peaceful, close to some attractions. With the price we pay, i would say it worth more than what we pay for. Nice place to stay.

Thank you for you favorable comment, Although we come from different countries, you look like an acquaintance. May season's joy fill you all the year round.

Best Hostel that i´ve been in China, in double private room, u have tv, AC, (translated!! Appreciated detail!) Clean, good beds! wifi in the room, they offer tickets cheaper than if u buy for your self. But the best thing in this hostel is the staff, they speak very well english & help you in every thing u need, beautiful & warm people! Plus: as we booked on line they gave an extra 10% off more! nothing less to say, was perfect! Congratulations!!!!

Thanks a lot. We are very happy you enjoyed staying here. Welcome to our hostel again.

Outstanding hostel experience.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Finland

Is an average hostel, not expected that much...average clean as well as the food

Thanks for staying in our hostel. We will try our best to do more exercise and be better and better in the future. What you stayed in our hostel is the normal double room, and we do have the deluxe double room with double space as normal one. You stay only two night here, It's a pitty maybe you miss some of our party and many kinds of games at the Bar. We hope you will come back someday to experience our deluxe rooms and excellent atmophere. Team Ming Palace

Best hostel I've stayed in by far. Very tastefully decorated. Natural and rustic theme, full of ethnical features and living flavour. The standard of cleanliness was exceptional and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The food is delicious - pizzas,sandwiches, cooked breakfasts...

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Bolivia

The staff were super friendly, spoke perfect English, really helpful and totally approachable. The atmosphere in the hostel was great and I met some cool people. I ate at the cafe attached to the hostel once and the food was delicious.

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Chile

I stayed for one night in a single room. The staff were super friendly and helpful. They helped me book a tour to Yangshuo. The lounge/restaurant area is really nice and cosy. The staff had a movie playing the night I was there, and they even invited me to play cards with them. Overall a really nice hostel. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again.