Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

The place is really good, and the staff is quite helpful. If again i would go to the same place..sure

I loved my stay at Ming Palace! Even though it was brief, the staff was very helpful, the rooms were clean, and the hostel has such a nice atmosphere. I would definitely stay again.

Thank you for this good comment. On behalf of Ming Palace International Youth Hostel, We would like people all over the world to know that our price are good, and competitive with other local youth hostels. Recently we have done some modications and hope you will enjoy the added feature. A special feature to our modifications is that now, upon request we have in a number of our rooms, a bathtub for your pleasure. Also availible is shampoo, a hairdryer, and air conditioning.

Gorgeous hostel in a great area! The staff was very helpful and spoke great English! They made amazing food and coffee! Taxi drivers has some difficulty finding it, so make sure you print off the confirmation email with the directions for the driver that are written in Chinese. They have recently updated the entire hostel, so it is very nice. I will definitely stay here again!

Staff is amazing and very helpful!

Thank you, Leah. I was wondering have you been told you are very cool. You really made my eyes light up when you walked into our hostel. Hope to see you again.

Wonderful hostel! Very helpful staff. We were able to book convenient tours through the hostel and enjoyed their restaurant. Great location you can walk to scenic spots and downtown Guilin from. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

It is very kind of you to give us a so good comment. I hope you had a good time here with your boyfriend in such a busy day.

The hostel was nice, clean and in a great location .The hsotel reception staff were also extremely kind and helpful. met some nice people in the bar。。。。。 bar and food was quite reasonable price and the wifi work very well even it was busy。。

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

We are very glad to receive this comment. We are trying to do better since the decoration has been finished. The bathroom is new with hairdryer, shampoo, some of them even have bathtubs; the balcony which you can see the senery at 5th floor is open now. You will find a new Ming Palace Internetional Youth Hostel here when you come here next time.

The location is good, many shops and restaurants, easy access to public transport, though it is very busy.I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hostel was adequately clean, secure, and that the staff were really friendly and willing to help. I would definitely recommend it to budget travelers who want a little comfort and security. I'd consider staying again myself too.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • China

From your comments we know our efforts were not in vain and thanks for your review and recommend.We're glad that you enjoyed staying with us and looking forward to see you again.Have a nice day!

thank you for the pleasant stay! :)

Thank you too!We redecorated the room to make our guest to have a wonderful stay in guilin,we are really happy that you like the style after the upgrade,Hope to see you again!

One of the most suitable hostel in Guilin, super good location, new facilities, clean, and lovely! Breakfast is the best in the world! (:

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Russia

We are so happy that you like our hostel!We upgrade the room to let our guests have a more comfortable stay here,Hope you all the best!

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Stayed there one night and then came back for a couple of more nights. The staff is very very helpful, the WC and showers clean and nice, the rooms good. Everything is simply perfect here. Its also easy to find, right next to the subway line. I can warmly recommend Ming Palace International.

Great place to stay. Booked a single room for two nights either side of a four day trip to Yangshuo. On the return leg the same single room wasn't available so was upgraded to a large family room at no extra cost. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, only too happy to help with local information and bookings. Highly recommended.

Exelent Hostal...staff members are so kind and nice people, I would recomend the hostel...exelente lugar para quedarse

Gracias! yo soy Angela. Thank you for teaching me Spanish. It is really helpful because many people come here can say Spanish. Really happy to see your recommending. Thank you for everything, my teachers.

Great Hostel: good location and helpful and friendly staff. The only negative thing is that the common area is quite cold at this time of year.

Great hostel, the staff is lovely and the rooms are nice (standard twin room).

• 4th Jan 2014

It is very kind of you to give us this good comment. We hope you have a good stay here with your friend.

Excellent for young travellers. This hostel is cosy, staff help people organizing trips, good breakfast and more.

Thank you for your comment. We hoped you had a good trip to rice terrace. Good luck to you and your Uncle.

very helpful and friendly stuff, good value for money. offer trips on the Li River and others, but cannot book train tickets for you. A booking agency is not too far away, though. you can do laundry at the hostel (for free) and dry it open-air, but I think the washing machine is not working 100%. all in all a good hostel though, because the room was very big and nicely decorated (double room on 3rd floor)

Thanks for your comment. For the mention of washing machine, I think it is OK because no one tell us about that and our staff use it everyday, too. However, we will take more attention to make sure it works well. Thank you very much.

This is the best hostel i stayed in. Very nice restaurant/bar and the staff is amazing. Really helpful and they ask you want you think about the menu and if they are expansive. A breakfast or 20/25 is a good deal and cheap beers(8yuan) is just perfect to chill with other travelers.

Thank you for your comment, thank you for your long stay with us, thank you for your advise. You stayed here so long that I still remember you walking around the hostel, talking with other guests. In a word, thank you for everything

Really happy to stay in this hostel. Comfortable place and good service!

So happy that you enjoy staying with us.Happy new year!

It is a hostel. But guilin is not a hostel destination. Everything is expensive, including the tours offered by the hostel. Staff were Ok depending on who we spoke to. Some knew nothing, except info on the tours offered. Location is nice. Close to the river and parks on the northern end of guilin. We did the li River cruise to yangshou and regretted it. It's a tour tailored to higher end hotel guests and not independent hostel guests. Room was Ok aside from being super dusty Rooftop isn't open.

Thanks for choosing MingPalace.For the tours,we are an authorize dealer of CITS tours as they are reputable tour agency in Guilin. The prices are fixed according to the policies. but we still offer many budget-friendly tour. For the cleanliness,we want to provide our guests with a more comfortable experience.so we decided to renovated some rooms,and closed the rooftop,We're currently remedied these problems with our team. Hope everything treat you well in other place.

very friendly staff

Thank you for your comment. It is very kind of you.