Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

The staff were very courteous and helpful; two thumbs up! Incomplete renovation. Slight mold issue. I am not sure what is the theme of the décor.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Great hostel!! The reception girl was super nice and help us out with all we needed. The hostel was very clean and the rooms were huge. Perfect location. If I come back to Guilin def. I'll stay here again.

Loved this hostel! Great area, staff @ reception were super helpful and helped me plan my trip. Great value rooms. Only negative was the chef, he was super lazy. He spent all day sleeping on the guest sofas and would always make excuses as to why he couldn't cook the food your order. One morning he said that the American breakfast was finished. It was 7.50am, less than an hour after the restaurant had opened lol

the staff here is absolutely delightful! Angela and Nikki are the most helpful receptionists one can desire ! nice rooms and clean, and i met lovely people to hang out with! only downside the cook= he is bloody lazy and says there a re no ingredients but its not true! I have seen him cooking what I ordered for other people, after saying he couldnt do it! Happened to me 3 times!

Aircon was terrible and wifi was useless. Probably because the TV seems to be on most of the time streaming football...

Thanks for your review. If you mean the AC in the room, we can say there is no problem for sure, We check the room everyday and the other guests were satisfied with that. We nomarlly turn on the AC after noon cause it is cool in the morning. The WIFI in the lobby is good for many people using in the same time, but the wifi at 2nd floor you might connected is a little week. We are happy to help you for anything if you could tell us in time. Welcome to our hostel again

Great hostel!

Although the room was very clean, I saw a cockroach walking the side of the reception desk one evening.

We apologize for any inconveniences you faced during your stay and also thank you very much for your feedback. It is the first time happened in our hostel this year and we already uesed insecticide agaist the cockroach. You will have a lobby as clean as the room next time. We are sorry again and hope to see you next time.

I had a nice time staying at Ming Palace hostel, because of the very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable bed, good location.

The hostel was a good location for the short trip to Guilin. Most important sights could be reached in walking distance and the price was good for what you got. However, more showers or toilets would've been nicer as each floor just had one toilet and one shower which was in one room. The staff was very nice and helpful and their English was very good as well.

Thank you for your review. We are glad you have a good time with us. Each of our rooms has a toilet execpt the four beds female dorm. Besides, we have two public toilets in the 5th and 1st floor. About the staff and their jobs, you don't need to be anxious, we always would like to help every one who stay here. We hope to see you next time.

Our staying at the hostel was amazing. The rooms are clean and the facilities are good as well. The staff is simply amazing: friendly and very helpful! We definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who visits Guilin.

• 20th Jun 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We can bring you delicious food and warm living experience in a convinient location. There are many famous and beautiful scenery around our hostel and we can give you some traveling information if you need. We hope to you next time.

Everything is too good to complain about except that the two computers at the lobby need refurbishments.

the staff is vers helpful!

Thank you for your stay with us. It is our honor to help our guests and this is our responsibility as well. We offer excellent service and comfortable environment in a good value. You are always welcome for your coming back.

This is my second time staying in this hostel. Last time in 2012. Great location, very friendly and helpful staff. I lost my baggage key and they help me so much by giving so many keys to tried, and quite happy when I can open my baggage again. Two thumbs up for facilities. Will be staying here again if I come back again to Guilin someday. Thank you Ming Palace. :) :)

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

I'm impressed by the friendly and helpful staff. I'm grateful for their laundry service as we have travel for several days before going the Ming Palace and accumulated many dirty clothes. It is excellent to help us resolve this problem and we can continue our journey with clean clothes. Thank you very much.

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking time to report your satisfaction as guest satisfaction is a primary goal for us. We are pleased to hear about your very wonderful stay in Ming Palace Youth Hostel. We offer free laundry, free drinkable water, free public computer,etc. in this perfect location. We hope to welcome you and your daughters again.

The tour reccomendation was bad.

• 28th May 2015

Thanks for your reviews. We are sorry we haven’t been able to meet your expectations. We have some books written about tourlist tour in our hostel, in front desk. many of our guests are satisfied with our tour information that we told to your friends. We look forward our happiness to welcoming you again in the near future.

First time travelling on my own so I really have nothing to compare this place to. However, from my one night there, I can say that the dorm was very clean and so was the bathroom. The staff were also really nice and friendly and could speak a variety of languages I'm pretty sure such as English and French. Overall it was a worthwhile first night travelling solo.

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. Thank you again very much for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Amazing location, staff were always kind to help. Would stay again.

• 25th May 2015
  • Lithuania

Guilin was my first stop in China and I stayed at Ming Palace Hostel. The staff were extremely welcoming. They helped me with so much and gave me a lot of advice about my trip. The room was clean and equipped with a modern bathroom. They offered both western and Chinese food and a wide selection of drinks. I had a great stay and they really made me feel at home. It was an excellent start to my trip! Thanks guys.

• 5th May 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Ming Palace was a good place to stay. The dorm was clean, with A/C and reading lamps. The facilities were good and clean and the staff was extremely helpful. I also took part in a trip to Dragon Backbone Rice Terraces and Li River Cruise, both of which we booked through the hostel. The trips were good value for money and again the staff was extremely helpful in organizing everything and answering all our questions.

Thank you for your nice words! We highly appreciate the time you have taken to report your satisfaction as guest satisfaction is a primary goal for us. Your comments and suggestions help us improve our services. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you next time.

There is no access to the wi-fi in the rooms,even though there are modems on the floors,the lighting in the stairwell needs upgraded,not enough light, and there is no elevator.The staff was great and the food is good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7