Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

Very good stay. Very clean an big rooms. We rent the deluxe double room and it was much better than our stays before in a 4 star hotel. I would always come back!

• 18th Jul 2014

This hostel is the best one so far in China! The staff is amazing and really funny. We arrived quite late at the hostel and the restaurant was already closed, however the made us terrific fried rice. Moreover the restaurant is great, very good food. The location is awesome next to the ming palace (must-see). The rooms are great, we even had a bath. The staff also assisted us to e.g. book bus tickets or provided us with information. Keep on smiling girls!

Excellent hostel, really friendly staff. Great value for money booking the double room. Directions for finding the hostel could be a bit clearer. Will definitely come back.

Awesome hostel! i would go there again just to be there :) Staff was very nice and helpful and the dorms were veery nice and clean.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Finland

This was probably one of the most amazing hostels I've stayed at so far! The staff is friendly, speaks excellent English and is really helpful wiwth whatever you ask them for (tickets, translations etc.). The rooms are also really clean and my single room was sgnificantly bigger than in any other hostel I've been to. (huge bed, little tea table, nicefurniture etc.) The offered tours and tickets are cheaper than at the ticket counters at the sightseeing points. I totally recommend this hostel!

Very good hostel, good location. Near the ming palace and the li river. They can also book tours. Girls from the staff are very cool, good english speakers (loved the dumpling party!). Clean, nice atmosphere.

I was pleased that it was located near the Beauty Solitary Park and the walking street area. The restaurant there provided good meals.

Great food, free washing machine was a bonus and the staff were great. Best hostel in china that we experienced!

The staff at Ming Palace are incredibly accommodating and helpful.They are quick to help with trip ideas or to give you tips on the best places to go or how to get there. The rooms are plain but clean with nice showers and comfortable beds. It was a pleasure to stay here!

The Ming Palace was a great place to stay at considering the price, the dorm I've got and the location (near Li River, a few parks, pedestrian shopping street, etc). Big size of bed, toilet and shower in the dorm of 4. There is a 100Y room key deposit that you get back at check-out - which is not specified when booking (FYI). Wi-Fi was poor and the hostel advertised access to a VPN but it never worked during my 4 nights stay. Food was okay/good. I would recommend this hostel to friends ! :)

• 9th Jun 2014

Thanks for the appreciation to us. Of course, our location is perfectly to the most of the scenery. About the deposit it is a routine for almost every hostel. We are sorry for the misunderstanding of the Wifi problem, we just promise well-work wifi in the lobby.but we also try to work the wifi out upstairs. For the VPN, We use goagent from google acess to facebook before, but cause the problem of google in China now, so it not working, and we already upgrade another software acess to VPN now.

Single rooms are spacious, clean and modern. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

really good staff, friendly and helpful. Should have a cheaper beer. Great lunch and dinner, breakfast is kind of small. add burgers to the menu.

We are happy you had a great time here. Our beer and table tenise are waiting for you to come back again. You are so tall that you should take two breakfast one day, haha.

I highly recommend this hostel. The staff is very friendly (especially Angela, she made us feel right at home!) and the rooms are nice. We were misinformed about the Guilin airport shuttle by one of the staff members so make sure to triple-check any information you get.

Really liked this place and would have loved to have stayed more than just one night. Other than being a little difficult to find the hostel was one of the best I've stayed at. Big lockers, nice atmosphere & friendly staff, really no complaints. If you're looking for a nice place in Guilin I would definitely recommend

Really excited to know that you have great time here!To make everyone have a good memory in Mingpalace is our goal.Good luck to your following travelling.

Cleanest hostel I've stayed in, in China...especially the bathrooms, there was none of that mouldy smell most of the Chinese hostel shower drains give off. I especially liked the free pot of green tea they offer you, it was a nice little touch!

Glad you had a good time in our hostel. In oreder to make every guest to have a comfortable room we try our best to equip with best equipment .We all love to share , if have chance we can share more.

It was very convenient with good amenities...breakfast and lunch were good...loved the music accompanying our meals.

We're glad that you enjoy your stay here. hahaha, our hostel located at the center of the city, of course it's very convenient to any of the attractive scenic spots in guilin...the summer is coming, our bar will add some cool drinks and cocktail, we hope to share all the tasty drinks and foods with you again.

Totally loved the friendly atmosphere of this place! I'm sure it's rocking in the height of the season but at least we could have free reign of the free pool, pretty much had the 4th floor outside area to ourselves. The area up there is super chilled. No issues when there, needed some bags, just asked. Simple and fast. Information on excursions is very up to date on the front desk, with some of the better prices I've seen in GuiLin and Yangshou. But no one was pushing.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in China. It's centraly located, they have good and cheap food, you have clean toilet and lockers in the room, free washing machine, super nice and helpful stuff! Thanks for everything!

Loved this hostel!! the staff are very nice and warm, they help me a lot!! And the food in the restaurant was really good!! I totally recommend this hostel to all the travelers!

Dear friend, I am happy you had a great time here. As the mediation between you and this city, we always are willing to give you all the information we know and try our best to make you feel easy to get used to this new environment.

It's nice place with good environment, and staff there is very nice , give very good proposal for visiting, we enjoy stay there

• 2nd May 2014

It is very nice of you to give us this good comment. We are happy to have you all here, especilly the Chinese friends who comfirmed the order with us to make everthing goes well in the busy vacation. Love to see you all again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3