Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

Beautiful hostel! Didn't rank atmosphere higher was only because there weren't many guests staying in common area in our staying period.

Top hostel . Great staff. Excellent value.

Great location! very friendly staff - English level is quite good and they're helpful when you have no plans. I'm lucky I'm a heavy sleeper. I was in a dorm rooms right by the school. So, I heard music and kids screaming all morning. Yikes... Also once the cleaning staff took my pillow that I'd brought from home. When I went to the desk to ask about it, the woman there was like, "Uh... can I get back to you tomorrow?" Like I didn't want my pillow that night? Expensive but good breakfast.

Thanks for your preference and feedback. We were sorry to learn of your insatisfaction towards the situation that you mention. We are sorry for any inconvenience we might have caused you: we said get back tomorrow because we may need some time to find your pillow in case of the cleaner sent it to the Dry Cleaning Company. And you told us you must use your pillow that night. We called the cleaner as soon as possible, and sent it to your room in half hour. We hope to be able to welcome you again

El hostel esta en muy buenas condiciones, pero invitan a hacer consumos como si fuesen regalos que luego cobran a precios exhorbitantes sin avisar. Es una pena porque es un lindo hostel, pero esas actitudes hacen que todo lo bueno que han logrado pierda sentido.

Thank you for you comment. We hope you have a great time in this nice hostel as well as the big Christmac party, which we write down the details and price right at the receiption. Everybody including your friends is happy to pay 49rmb to enjoy different dishes, dumplings, drinks, fruits, candys and so on. And we are happy to offer you free things beyond our capability, such as drinkable water, washing machine, computer, ect. Hope to see you again.

Es un hostel Excelente en todos sus aspectos. Personal, ubicacion y las habitaciones son muy buenas. De lo mejor que he estado en China. Sin duda volveré al Ming hostel.

Thank you for your preference and comment, and we are very happy you had a good Christmas here. We hope to see you next time.

Our stay at this hostel has been awesome. We stayed in a 3 beds family room, and the room was very nice, clean and comfy. The staff was always helpful and helped us book for 2 day trips and gave us great advice about how to get discount prices for ticket entrances to the solitary peak. You should definetely try out the american breakfast.. It's worth every yuan you pay for it! Thank you to all the Ming Palace staff, we'll definitely recommend!

Ab 7:30 schallte unfassbar laute Musik von der Schule, die direkt nebenan liegt und jagt einem aus dem Bett! Wäre gerne länger liegen geblieben, die Betten waren nämlich die bequemsten auf meiner ganzen Reise durch China. Gratis Waschmaschinenbenützung ist ein Pluspunkt.

Huge room. Great setup. Ask for a room NOT facing the school. Every morning at 7:30-8 loud speakers BLARE music making it impossible to sleep. Everything else was ideal. Great hostel. Do not order the vegetarian pizza at restaurant. It is cucumber carrot and tomato on pizza. Weird. Meals were small but also cheap so get what you pay for.

Thank you for your preference and feedback. We are sorry that we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations. We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Cute hostel. Food is good but they don't make what they say they do. Milkshakes were hot milk with no flavour. Didn't have a lot of ingredients on the menu. Employees were lovely. If I go back to Guilin I'd stay there!

• 9th Nov 2014

Thank you for your preference and feedback. We are sorry that we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations.Normally we make the milkshake with fresh fruit and ice, and think about the winter time now, so we just make it with no ice. Sorry for the careless and we will do the right way in the future.We hope to be able to welcome you again .

I loved the staff here - Tina, Zoe, Angela and all the staff here were so helpful and friendly and welcoming. I ended up staying loads of time here because I couldn't get onward transport but I just loved the atmosphere.

All the staffs (hello Angela, Tina and Zoe) are so helpful and nice. You guys are the champion. Free Laundry thats is great. I would definitely stay in Ming Palace again the next time I visit Guilin.

Thanks for your preference and feedback, which we will share with our team. We are looking forward to your next stay with us. Yours truly

Good hostel, easily accessible by bus from the train station. Very helpful staff who can assist with transport and enquiries about Guilin, and there is a wide range of reasonable tours available from the front desk. I took part in the Li river bamboo raft cruise, and it was very well organised. Rooms on the top floor are a little bit of a trek with no lift, but not too bad. Small shared bathroom in the room. I got up early so there were no problems, but might be serious competition sometimes.

Staff were really helpful with letting us know the best way to get places and we were able to book another night at short notice. Room was absolutely perfect apart from the fact that we found a cockroach in the bed on the first night! Nice that laundry was free though.

We 're so sorry about the little noisy insect.We are fixing them by pesticide regularly so that they can not annoy anyone.Hope you have a good day.

The best hostel with convenience location. Much appreciated with their hygiene and cleanness of the room & ensuite! Wonderful view from my standard room! Keep it up! Look forward to my 2nd visit very soon!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Djibouti

Perhaps one of my best hostel experience. The combination of both great room setup and personal service helped me feel home right away. The bedding, just simply amazing, more comfortable than I can possibly imagine (I want to bring them home!). Good location and easy snacking on local food. Will come back and definitely will recommend to everyone.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Very nice hostel with very nice staff!

We had made a booking by Hostelworld and shortly they contacted us to tell that the real price was higher because the national chinese holiday, so finally the room was more expensive that we expected first. Anyway, I understand that is a very complicated season in China. Room (superior double bed) was awesome, extremly clean, modern and very spacious, as well as the bathroom. Very nice and helpful staff, they booked for us in advance the rice terraces tour, otherwise we probably couldn't do it.

We loved Ming Palace! The only issue we had was we originally booked a dorm room on HostelWorld, but the hostel called us shortly after to say they did not actually have any dorm room spaces available. Although we ended up staying in a considerably more expensive single room with a double bed, it was a beautiful, clean, comfortable room. The food at the restaurant is delicious and cheap, and staff was very helpful with booking us tours.

Had a great stay here, walking distance to centre of town and right next to Ming Palace. Staff are really friendly and a range of tours to choose from.

Great place to stay, excellent private rooms (probably the best we had in China), staff were very helpful, great bar with some fun activities throughout the week and central location. Highly recommended.