Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are spaceous with clean and modern bathrooms! The lounge at the entrance is also very convienent and you can also get delicious western breakfasts (toast, muesli, etc.). All in all the hostel has a nice atmosphere, is totally recommendable and worth in money. I´d definetely stay there again ;)

Great hostel. Very comfortable with helpful staff. Location is good, a short walk from a lot of sightseeing spots.

Helpful and kindly staff, recommended it !

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

In general it's a great hostel to stay at! Everything was great, stuff is very friendly, they even went out to have dinner with us. They have a nice cafe downstairs serving Chinese and Western food. The only problem was that wifi wasn't working sometimes. I stayed on the 5th floor and I had to go downstairs to connect the net a few times. But all in all I highly recommend this hostel.

Handy to town, attractions and had good range of tour available. Room was excellent and in particular the shower was great-above the normal standard for hostels. Lounge/bar/restaurant was comfortable and relaxing. The food was really nice, pizzas great! Prices pretty reasonable.

Hostel has a cool staff but it is a bit far from the center though.

We are happy to know you enjoy your stay in our hostel. Actually, we located in the center of the city, It takes only 5mins to the famous pedestrian street, and 15mins to the elephant trunk hill which is the landmark of Guilin, The solitary beauty peak and Jingjiang Palace,one of the 5 star scenic spot in Guilin which justnext to our hostel.Good luck to your future journey.

Nos encanto... dejamos nuestra huella en la pared donde hay un montón de mensajes de todo el mundo, personas que como nosotros habían pasado por ahí

Excellent place to stay!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

A really lovely place in the middle of Gulin. The staff was eager to help despite some occasional communication breakdowns.

It's very cheap and convenient,I will stay here again next time.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • China

You are always welcome and we hope the next time is coming soon.

Very nice. Big rooms. The staff speaks good English.

nice hostel, really! stayed here only for one night and than stayed in Wada Hostel, want to say that Ming Palace more better! Ming Palace bathroom has soup, shampoo, shower gel, hair drier and sleepers , wada no! maybe atmothephere in Wada more better, i mean more space in lobby for communicatition , but there is no some simple stuff for raking shower ;)

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Russia

Das Ming Palace Hostel war wohl eine der besten Unterkünfte, die wir in China besucht haben. Wir haben drei Nächte im Delux-Doppelzimmer verbracht, angenehm klimatisiert und mit wunderbar weichen Betten; sehr zu unserer Freude, da wir das in China schon anders erlebt hatten. Das Personal war sehr freundlich und hilfsbereit! Allgemein herrschte eine tolle Atmosphäre. Die Stadt ist wunderschön und vom Hostel aus sind viele Reiseziele leicht zu erreichen. LG von einer sehr zufriedenen Familie

Glad you guys have a good time here. You guys are lovely and we all hope to see you guys again.

The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful and helped me make the best of my time in Guilin. I stayed in a dorm room and thought that the standard of the ensuite bathroom was good. My only recommendations would be that for me, the food was below the standard I usually find in a hostel eating place. For example the quality of the pizza base was awful and made the pizza a disappointment and salad cream does NOT go on a fruit salad! However, overall this was an excellent place to stay.

Very good stay. Very clean an big rooms. We rent the deluxe double room and it was much better than our stays before in a 4 star hotel. I would always come back!

This hostel is the best one so far in China! The staff is amazing and really funny. We arrived quite late at the hostel and the restaurant was already closed, however the made us terrific fried rice. Moreover the restaurant is great, very good food. The location is awesome next to the ming palace (must-see). The rooms are great, we even had a bath. The staff also assisted us to e.g. book bus tickets or provided us with information. Keep on smiling girls!

Hope you guys have a great day in Sanya, and hope you guys swimming back to stay with us again....

Great place! Some pff the staff not too friendly, but overall great room and location. I would stay there again.

Excellent hostel, really friendly staff. Great value for money booking the double room. Directions for finding the hostel could be a bit clearer. Will definitely come back.

They were renovating the upstairs common area so unable to use this. Other than that no issues. great staff really helpful and tried to learn everyone's names. Good place to stay. Free laundry was a big bonus!!

Awesome hostel! i would go there again just to be there :) Staff was very nice and helpful and the dorms were veery nice and clean.

• 8th Jul 2014