Ming Palace International Hostel Reviews

10-3 Dong Hua Rd, XiuFeng District, Guilin, Guilin, China

The hostel is one of the best in China I have ever tried. I booked 2 beds in a mixed dorm, the beds were soft and comfy, the room really warm, with a lot of places to put your stuff, the bathroom warm, with a lot of space, free shampoo and saop, really great. The Hostel is really central and it is easy to go on foot to a lof of intersting places in guilin. The staff is really lovely, hey were really helpfull with traveling trip. I would definetely go back there.

I booked a single room and they put me in a double because they had extra rooms, so that was nice. The hot shower worked perfectly, which is something one doesn't see in China that often; so did the air conditioning too. The room was cozy and the staff nice. The only problem is that the neighbors were smoking, which is not a problem of the hostel per se, of course.

The hostel located in a quiet street, but a walking distance from most attractions in town. The staff is super friendly and were eager to help me with any question or request i had. The common area and the bar had a nice atmosphere. Air condition inside the room is a big bonus if you come in the winter. The light from the bathroom inside the room is a bit strong at night, so a curtain would be nice

This hostel is great! Great location, great staff, super clean, nice restaurant, free vpn to access Facebook and Gmail. And for such a cheap price. Would definetly recommend.

Probably one of the best places you can find in the whole of China! The staff, Amy, Fish, Sunny, Angela... make you feel at home immediately, i wouldn't even want to leave anymore. We celebrated new years eve together and even in the morning at 2am i still got some good advice for the next day - incredible, isn't it?! On the top of that, you can get discount tickets for several places and most interesting locations of town are in short walking distance. Looking forward to come here again!

The staff were very friendly. I felt very welcomed the whole tile that I was there. The room was extremely clean. My only gripe would be that there were not more western guests to mingle with. I guess this is to be expected though, it is china after all. Very good hostel for the money. You won't be dissappointed.

• 19th Dec 2015

The Ming Palace Hostel is conveniently located in the central part of Guilin. It's location is in a very quiet neighborhood close to the Ming Palace. Food is good and they offer many of the usual tours at slightly reduced prices. The best thing about this hostel is its staff. They are very helpful and knowledgeable. They helped me arrange a special van to take me and my bike to the airport. Thanks to them I had a smooth departure to Beijing. Highly recommend this hostel

• 28th Nov 2015

I really enjoyed staying here. Location is perfect - walkable to the popular attractions. Staff is more than helpful and friendly and arranged airport taxi for me. They offer a complimentary pot of Jasmine tea, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Clean, comfortable room. Excellent wifi connection in the lounge, but none in the rooms.

This is a very nice hostel. Staff speaks good english and is very helpful. Dorms are large and clean, they offer laundry service and help with tour/tickets bookings. If you do laundry though, make sure you have at least 1 or 2 days to let it dry because Guilin is very humid and clothes don't dry on the roof. Public transport is close and convenient to reach both train stations and both bus stations and the location is a bit outside the main tourist crush, so its quiet and more local.

This is my second time stayed in the hostel, I like it very much.

everything in this hostel is good, comfortable bed in the mix dorm, and I made new friends during staying there, and we shared our travel experience. The staff there were very friendly and help me a lot, I really enjoy staying there!

Staff helpful answering questions on use of subway, Close to the waking street and Li river, recommended!!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review! Even though you gave us such a wonderful review please let us know if we missed anything and if we could have made your stay even more pleasant! We are always trying to improve so your suggestions are our gold mine. Let us know about your next visit and our team here will make sure your stay is as comfortable as your last stay but hopefully better!

Location is perfect. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would also recommend the restaurant. The local beer duck was excellent. And 1 big plus: The hostel offer free laundry.

Thank you very much for your kind review. We value every suggestion and make sure every voice gets heard! When planning your next trip to our great city, please email us or call us and we will make sure you have everything you need! We always welcome repeat guest and our staff will surely help make your stay as comfortable as possible! Thank you once again for choosing Ming Palace Youth Hostel.

The staff is very helpful, friendly and they take time to help and advise or even have a little chat. I would stay here again.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Thank you so much for your feedback , we are always warmsest greeting you to our hostel See you soon in the soonest time Have nice day :)

the hostel is very nice and the stuff was the best i meet in china but the cleaning was not very good in the room but it was ok in the common area . The better things were the tours, they very good organized and not too expensive, i suggest to attend both the rice terraces and li river cruise very worth it!!!

El staff es muy agradable y atento.lo único malo es el wifi tan pobre,no funciona en las habitaciones

Thank you for your preference and feedback. We are sorry that we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations. The wifi is not very good in some of our rooms, but it is very good in the lobby. Besides, you can use Facebook and Gmail! Welcome to our hostel next time.

Lo único que me gusto de este hostal fue que puedes hacer lavandería sin costo. La ubicación es de buena a regular. La limpieza deja mucho que desear, aunque los baños funcionan y eso en China es ya un mega plus. Me toco en el 5to piso y no hay elevador. Compre un tour con ellos pero en la calle lo pude haber conseguido mas barato. No es malo el hostal, pero tampoco sobresale

We would like to thank you for your preference. We were sorry to learn of your insatisfaction towards the situation that you mention: we offer different options for the tour and the one you chose is the most expensive one. It is a hard job to keep the dorm room clean all the time while there are many guests stay, though we clean twice in a day to keep it as clean as possible. We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Overall I was very pleased with my one night at the Palace... rooms and facility were clean. The staff was welcoming and competent. I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone.

we were really happy with ming palace international hostel. I am writing review. And give a perfect point for you~!! Thank you again^^ -2015.09. Korean Family

• 25th Sep 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for taking to to report your satisfaction. We are really you have a great time with us. We hope to see you and your family again. An nyong ha sei yo.

Hostel muy bien situado, cerca de la avenida principal. Dormitorios limpios, amplios y cama confortable. Personal excelente a la hora de resolver dudas y dar información. Hall agradable para descansar y tomar una cerveza. WiFi a buena velocidad en todo el hostel, lavandería gratis y espacio para poder secar la ropa. Baño en la habitación limpio y ducha con buena temperatura. Muy buen hostel a muy buen precio. Totalmente recomendable.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will now recommend us! We hope to see you soon!