Mini Hotel Reviews

Via Lomellini 6/1, Genoa, Italy

Best choice for a trip to Genoa. It is really close to the Old Port and great value for money! Recommend it!

Fair priced hostel in a good location. Free Wifi available. Contrary to the comments on this website I found the staff actually rather friendly. The noise from the street is definitely true though (I slept with earplugs), but I suppose that is unavoidable if you are in the old centre of Genoa with its narrow alleys...

We were very pleased with our stay here! Very good price, perfect location, and we were glad for the air conditioning.

Small Hotel right in the middle of center. No dorms, but very small rooms, that all point to a very loud busy little street, where shopowners open their shops early with a lot of noise. Genova is very humid in summer, especially in the small streets of old town and extra special in these small rooms without van or AC. And rooms are dark and simple. BUT it was clean, save, good value for the money, especially with the location inthe old town - which is a 20 min. walk from the main train station.

The location of the hostel is perfect: almost inside the city center. Also the train station is pretty close by. It can get a bit scary at night, specially if you don't know which "vicolos" (alleys) are safe.

The room was basic but cheep, the location is great for seeing Genova :) Dont ever expect to sleep here. The hotel is super, good value for money and everything. Just the street outside is very,very noisy and the windows dont keep any noise out. Shops outside close at 11pm, 11:15, 11:30....2am (always with a VERY loud noise), then drunken people shouting and at 4:30 the newspapermen start (nice loud noise again). At 6am the shops open...no, not at the same time...no aircondition in the room.

Location is great, right next to the port with the nice restaurants. CLose to train and bus station which also takes you to the airport. We only stayed there one night and to be honest its okay for a nights stay or if you're traveling. I wouldn't recommend it if you're going on a couple trip. It's basic and it does what it says on the tin. SImple as that really.

Is better if you reserve direct with the hotel because I payed too much for a single room! The very good things is the location and the stuff is really nice!

Budget hotel but for the price it's was good nice location not far from the port a few restaurants around. Room was quite warm aircob wasn't the best clean bathroom! Overall a good stay

It was clean and the location was really good. We had a little problem with our room door, we couldn't lock it down easily, and likewise we couldn't open it easily. However, we just stayed one night, so that was not a really big problem to us.

Great location and very friendly staff

Due to a flight delay we were an hour and a half late checking in, the staff were very upset about this... Alarm after 12am in the lobby was very annoying. Would likely look to stay elsewhere if returning to the city.

Location. Location. Location. At $25 pn (single, shared bath), this place rocks! In the heart of the centro historico, walking to shops, restaurants, Gelaterias, and historic sites, Mini Hotel becomes the best value of my trip. Clean, friendly, and so accessible.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Staff wasn't friendly at all, very rude, every question seemed to annoy them. No arguments whatsoever, I asked for a day trip to Le Cinque Terre and they said it was going to be expensive. When asked how much, and being replied what for me was a reasonable price, I said it wasn't that expensive for a day tour and they replied that it was weird I didn't find it expensive since I booked a very cheap room that is usually reserved to "very cheap people". No language barrier since I'm Italian.

I recommend this Hotel. Clean, 24 hour staffed, great location and good price. They gave us a room with a bathroom inside even though we reserved a shared bathroom. The staff was very nice. The only remark is that is that the room was a bit dark for my taste but everything else was perfect. Thank you!

• 5th Jun 2014

Staff showed us many places to go in Genoa, but were not particularly friendly. The hotel is a little walk from the train station and a short walk from the city center/pier. The hotel didn't seem very welcoming, but our room was nice. We were not very fond of Genoa itself, especially at night, but the hotel has a security system in place that is supposed to keep it safer.

A nice little hotel in the centre of Genova, very good value for money! The room was clean, had an airconditioning and was nicely furnished. The hotel is right at a good spot and i would surely recommend it to everybody.

Didn't like genoa, so it's probably not the hotel's fault - it just wasn't situated in a great area as it was quite smelly and dangerous at night, but the hotel itself was average.

The room was acceptable for the cost. The problem was the breakfast (which we paid 10 Euros for). It was spartan, and unappetizing to say the least. There was 1 brioche each and we were watched until we showed signs of leaving before anymore were brought out. We say this not because we necessarily wanted more but rather, we were disappointed by the mean attitude displayed by the staff in charge. Just along from the Hotel, a coffee and Brioche would cost 4Euros.

No wi-fi, only internet access via a laptop which is no good for people using iPads and the like. Very small room and bed but a good base from which to launch out and see Genova.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4