Minka Hostel Reviews

Matovelle 219 y Vargas, Quito, Ecuador

No bar as described. Would be easier to organise tour trips yourself prior to arriving - very time consuming. Not a lively hostel by which I mean you certainly have to make to fun happen. Showers can be cold.

Good hostel, but atmosphere was a bit 'meh' when we got there. Staff was decent and quite helpful. Hot showers were a bit of russian roulette. I was happy with the stay but had a much better experience at another hostel on my return to Quito.

Great atmosphere, very nice space to relax/drink/eat/read whatever you want -the bar was being renovated while I was there but it will be great once finished Only negative, only one shower/toilet to share in a dorm of 8-10

• 13th Nov 2015

Very nice hostel, comfy and clean with a good comunal area, is not located in the best part of town but we had a very comftable stay here.

Very nice common area and kitchen, perfect located

Really good hostal. Friendly staff. Great little rooftop bar. Clean. Good location a few blocks from old town. Breakfast could be bigger.

Nice hostel, good location pretty close to old town attractions. Kitchen was pretty small. Breakfast consisted of 2 slices of bread and one egg (raw). Good atmosphere though. Only real complaint was our room faced the street and we heard loud traffic noise from the busy intersection all night long.

Great place to stay at, the staff were very nice and helpful , they will help you with eveything There is not much around the area but it's close to the historic center and any kind of transportation .

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Denmark

Very happy with my stay at Minka. Good location within walking distance of Old Town. Clean. Friendly staff. I am staying there again when I return to Quito.I recommend this hostel

wonderful place to stay in quito! the hostel is super clean, well organized and has the most comfortable beds I've slept in in all of south america! definitely recommended!

Really cannot fault this hostel - I stayed here twice during my time in Ecuador! Can't tell you now appreciative I was to arrive at such a safe, comfortable and welcoming place after many hours of travel. Staff were lovely. Big lockers for all your stuff. Comfy beds. Great communal space to meet other travellers. Good wifi. Excellent overall :)

Great hostel! Everything was always clean, super comfy beds, fantastic common areas, and super close to old town!

Nice chilled hostel close to the old town. The owners are really nice and helpful! The kitchen and common area is a perfect space to socialize.

Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly! We arrived at 0400 and they gave us a sofa to sleep on and even covered us with a blanket when it got cold! Great breakfast! Nice backpacker atmosphere! Very comfortable beds! Only downsides were 1. the hot water didn't always work. 2. It was about a 10 minute walk to old town and 15-20 minutes to Marsical. But you get a taxi ride outside the door It was