Minka Hostel Reviews

Matovelle 219 y Vargas, Quito, Ecuador

Friendly and helpful staff. Cute design. Nice, sunny top floor. Good wi-fi.

Excellent hostel with really helpful staff, good location and althoigh we paid a bit more for an 8 bed dorm than we usually would it was surprisingly quiet and had the most comfortable beds with duvets that I have slept in in South America. Also the breakfast is really good with a delicious homemade cake!

Very nice kitchen and comman area, beds were very comfortable and the hostel seemed to be well managed and popular choice with visitors

I just spent 4 days at Minka, this hostal has it all: great facilities, perfect location, wonderful staff, cheap qualitative Spanish lessons, nice atmosphere, good wifi and complete breakfast for a very decent price! I would definitely recommend and come back here if I pass by Quito again!!

• 14th Jun 2015

Noce hostal next to all you need to visit. Old town 5mins to walk. Partytown if you need, 5mins/2.50$ by taxi. The staff is nice, helpfull and friendly! Jose is doing one of the best pizza in south america!-) I enjoyed my stay there.

Loved it! Perfect place to hang out and chill. The cakes are really yummie!

I have now stayed at Minka Hostel 4 times. The hostels facilities are good and they are building a lot of new things. But there is NO atmosphere at all! It's only staff and Spanish speaking guests staying there. On Hostelworld it says that the reception is open 24 hours. That's not true! I arrived at 5 am, and wasn't able to get in. The water pressure in the showers is really bad. There is a lot of other hostels with great atmosphere around!

I really loved this hostel! It's in a great location between the old and new town. A lot of effort has been put into the public areas, they're so colourful and bright with plenty of seating and plug sockets! The bed, pillow and cover was probably the comfiest I have experienced in South America and the staff were great, so helpful and friendly! Really good choice!

some staff was helpful but not very knowledgeable. also hot water may run out unexpectably