Minneapolis International Hostel Reviews

2400 Stevens Avenue South, Minneapolis, USA

I just wasn't very impressed with this place for the amount it cost. There is no way to do laundry and the bathrooms are pretty nasty. I do think that with some work, this place could be the bomb, and it is awesome that it's so close to the Institute of Art.

lockers were pay only,none to use with your own lock,no TV in the kitchen/lounge area.wifi doesn't work in some parts of the house I booked online but was charged a higher price on arrival ,told that the taxes aren't added when you book online

The 3rd floor was extremely hot & bathrooms were dirty.

• 16th Jun 2015

Overall mixed feelings on this hostel, mostly they are negative. Checking in was quick but the employee was too preoccupied to check me in the right way. When I went to check out she told me she forgot to give me a key when I checked in and another traveler was never given his credit card as it was still in their copying machine. The rooms were spacious enough but definitely in need of cleaning. Location was great though. With lots of cleaning and more focused staff this would be a better place.

MIH has awesome staff. Terese and Lakisha are the nicest people, always concerned that you're happy and have ideas for fun things to do. While the great old victorian boarding house is a bit run down, they keep it clean and functioning well. I liked it being located just across the street from the Minneapolis Institute of Art (a wonderful free museum). I booked a bed in a dorm for 3, and had it all to myself! Thanks, Terese and Lakisha... You made my stay!

My bedroom was big and I had the chance to be by myself.the kitchen was really well furnished, clean and really pretty. The only thing I didn't like was that there wasn't a 24 hours reception attendance. I arrived and the door was closed. Fortunate. Fortunately, the really friendly member of Staff, Letricia, arrived soon. So I think they need more people and more organization, because the facilities are great

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Spain

I got a private room with a bathroom. The bathroom was really dirty when I got there. On the second day when I got back to my room the door was open. Wide open. Nothing was missing but it was terrible anyway.

• 28th May 2015

They always have coffee, but not tea! Anyways I will recommend this hostel!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Spain

Good old mansion style hostel that seemed quiet while I was there. Only problem is its somtimes hard to get a hold of a staff member in the place

I was afraid to take a shower in the top floor shared dorm room bathroom. It also smelled a lot like urine in there.

I think room was not clean: sometimet I had cough (and, I heard other's cough). also, blanket was also not clean: it makes me itchy. However, its price and location helped me a lot.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Japan

I hope this is helpful for someone who considers staying here but hesitating because of the comments. I was kinda afraid of staying here, but really it wasn’t that bad. Room – Like other people said, it’s quite an old building, so not super clean or well remodeled but kinda decent for me. + You’ll get more blankets if you ask to staff. They were both nice. Shower - You may have to wait like a 10-20 sec to get a hot water, but you’ll get it. Location - The place is really close to the bus stop.

• 16th Mar 2015

Do not stay here! It was a nightmare! Dirty and very dodgy! Ruined my trip to minneapolis 😖

• 13th Feb 2015

For the price it is acceptable, but be prepared! Cheapest place to stay in Minneapolis. I stayed in Nov 2013 & Feb 2015, in the 15 bed male dorm. It was almost empty. No 24 hrs reception. No cash, only card. When you arrive ring the front door bell. Then you receive a code to enter the back door at all times. I think that security is OK. No problem w hot water (wait for 2 or 3 min). Reviews about the dirt and neglect are all true. I would stay once more, but only if I really need to save money

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

The atmosphere in the hostel was very low a friendly smile maybe, but the hostel should be more invested in getting it's guests involved with the city. The location is far from the city centre with not a lot around it the hostel should be more available with suggestions on how to get around as well what around the area they should check out. The staff I found useless I wanted a shower and the water wouldn't warm up to which they had no helpful response when asked. DO NOT USE THIS HOSTEL

• 19th Jan 2015