Minneapolis International Hostel Reviews

2400 Stevens Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

It is not a very well kept place. All the rooms/dorms are stuffy...it smells and badly need aeration.

I arrived at about 7pm and no one was there to open the door. I phoned. I was given a code. It did not work. I could not reach them again. I did not get to stay there. Is this place real?

• 8th Mar 2014

the house was cold!

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Peru

Booked three nights here but never managed to actually set foot in the hostel. When we arrived, the doors were locked, and the number we were instructed to call did not answer and was eventually simply turned off. I later learned that that was the cell number for the receptionist, who was in Texas. Gee what great service. Why the owner didn`t have anyone cover for her, I can`t understand. Was charged a deposit and was told they would see `what the owners could do`. Obviously not run a hostel.

• 20th Feb 2014

Love the ambiance of the old building. The staff was very friendly. So happy to have a hostel in the cities!

• 2nd Nov 2013

we are very glad you enjoyed your stay! please come again soon! thank you so much for your feedback!

Made my reservation in July for a October stay. Called a week before to confirm and everything was a go. When I arrived they had given my room away to a higher paying renter. They took me from a private single upstairs to a 7 person dorm off the entry way across from the living room. They tried to double the rate on me also. The shower curtain was torn to shreds and moldy. I won't go on any further. It's evident that I won't be reserving a room with them any time soon. Air B&B next time.

• 24th Oct 2013

I would love to see clothing hooks on the inside of the bathroom doors for the towel I go in with. Additionally, it would be nice to have the option of low lighting, when entering the dorm room, after 10 pm and trying to locate a personal item in my suitcase, which is very difficult to do in the complete dark.

Fix the leak in the ceiling. Establish consistent rates. Provide extra blankets. Turn heat on if clients cold. Good luck I love hostels, you have a great location.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Staffs were very helpful. My room was on the 2nd floor and there is no elevator/escalator, but they asked me if I need help with carrying my huge suite case when I checked in AND when I was checking out. It was very nice of them since my suite case was very heavy.

It was a big old house, squeaky but I really liked it. Friendly staff, wifi, codes to get in the building and keys for the rooms. The beds were comfortable and well kept, provided enough bedding and good heating. Everyone was very friendly. Place is well kept and clean. Good value for the money! I would stay there again.

Located close to downtown, beautiful building, clean, nice kitchen. Staff was nice enough. When I called with a question after my stay, I was yelled at and insulted without any provocation. The hostel is a great way to lodge for cheap, but it sucks it's the only hostel in the cities b/c the owner obviously takes advantage of this. Knows he can treat people however he wants because this is their only cheap lodging option.

• 17th Oct 2013