Minneapolis International Hostel Reviews

2400 Stevens Avenue South, Minneapolis, USA

The bigger problem is that there is no chair or place tp put our clothes in the bathroom when we take a shower. Nice place I will recommend it, or I will go back. Doris Ouellet

• 16th Apr 2014

Not a nice hostel, I will not stay here again. Very dirty and unfriendly. Showers were horrible and covered in hair.

It is not a very well kept place. All the rooms/dorms are stuffy...it smells and badly need aeration.

I arrived at about 7pm and no one was there to open the door. I phoned. I was given a code. It did not work. I could not reach them again. I did not get to stay there. Is this place real?

• 8th Mar 2014

the house was cold!

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Peru

Booked three nights here but never managed to actually set foot in the hostel. When we arrived, the doors were locked, and the number we were instructed to call did not answer and was eventually simply turned off. I later learned that that was the cell number for the receptionist, who was in Texas. Gee what great service. Why the owner didn`t have anyone cover for her, I can`t understand. Was charged a deposit and was told they would see `what the owners could do`. Obviously not run a hostel.

• 20th Feb 2014

Love the ambiance of the old building. The staff was very friendly. So happy to have a hostel in the cities!

• 2nd Nov 2013

we are very glad you enjoyed your stay! please come again soon! thank you so much for your feedback!

Made my reservation in July for a October stay. Called a week before to confirm and everything was a go. When I arrived they had given my room away to a higher paying renter. They took me from a private single upstairs to a 7 person dorm off the entry way across from the living room. They tried to double the rate on me also. The shower curtain was torn to shreds and moldy. I won't go on any further. It's evident that I won't be reserving a room with them any time soon. Air B&B next time.

• 24th Oct 2013

I would love to see clothing hooks on the inside of the bathroom doors for the towel I go in with. Additionally, it would be nice to have the option of low lighting, when entering the dorm room, after 10 pm and trying to locate a personal item in my suitcase, which is very difficult to do in the complete dark.

Fix the leak in the ceiling. Establish consistent rates. Provide extra blankets. Turn heat on if clients cold. Good luck I love hostels, you have a great location.

• 23rd Oct 2013