Minneapolis International Hostel Reviews

2400 Stevens Avenue South, Minneapolis, USA

Good old mansion style hostel that seemed quiet while I was there. Only problem is its somtimes hard to get a hold of a staff member in the place

I was afraid to take a shower in the top floor shared dorm room bathroom. It also smelled a lot like urine in there.

I think room was not clean: sometimet I had cough (and, I heard other's cough). also, blanket was also not clean: it makes me itchy. However, its price and location helped me a lot.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Japan

I hope this is helpful for someone who considers staying here but hesitating because of the comments. I was kinda afraid of staying here, but really it wasn’t that bad. Room – Like other people said, it’s quite an old building, so not super clean or well remodeled but kinda decent for me. + You’ll get more blankets if you ask to staff. They were both nice. Shower - You may have to wait like a 10-20 sec to get a hot water, but you’ll get it. Location - The place is really close to the bus stop.

• 16th Mar 2015

Do not stay here! It was a nightmare! Dirty and very dodgy! Ruined my trip to minneapolis 😖

• 13th Feb 2015

For the price it is acceptable, but be prepared! Cheapest place to stay in Minneapolis. I stayed in Nov 2013 & Feb 2015, in the 15 bed male dorm. It was almost empty. No 24 hrs reception. No cash, only card. When you arrive ring the front door bell. Then you receive a code to enter the back door at all times. I think that security is OK. No problem w hot water (wait for 2 or 3 min). Reviews about the dirt and neglect are all true. I would stay once more, but only if I really need to save money

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

The atmosphere in the hostel was very low a friendly smile maybe, but the hostel should be more invested in getting it's guests involved with the city. The location is far from the city centre with not a lot around it the hostel should be more available with suggestions on how to get around as well what around the area they should check out. The staff I found useless I wanted a shower and the water wouldn't warm up to which they had no helpful response when asked. DO NOT USE THIS HOSTEL

• 19th Jan 2015

the building was very old. Also the beds and linens all of the things were very old. It seems like they gathered some bunch of things from garbage. There were no curtains in windows of the rooms in second floor. The room in the first floor had a door transparent so that the inside could be seen. WIFI did not work in any room although it was written as WIFI connection existed. Absolutely I do not recommend anyone to stay in there.

• 25th Nov 2014