Minneapolis International Hostel Reviews

2400 Stevens Avenue South, Minneapolis, USA

Do not stay here! It was a nightmare! Dirty and very dodgy! Ruined my trip to minneapolis 😖

• 13th Feb 2015

For the price it is acceptable, but be prepared! Cheapest place to stay in Minneapolis. I stayed in Nov 2013 & Feb 2015, in the 15 bed male dorm. It was almost empty. No 24 hrs reception. No cash, only card. When you arrive ring the front door bell. Then you receive a code to enter the back door at all times. I think that security is OK. No problem w hot water (wait for 2 or 3 min). Reviews about the dirt and neglect are all true. I would stay once more, but only if I really need to save money

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

The atmosphere in the hostel was very low a friendly smile maybe, but the hostel should be more invested in getting it's guests involved with the city. The location is far from the city centre with not a lot around it the hostel should be more available with suggestions on how to get around as well what around the area they should check out. The staff I found useless I wanted a shower and the water wouldn't warm up to which they had no helpful response when asked. DO NOT USE THIS HOSTEL

• 19th Jan 2015

the building was very old. Also the beds and linens all of the things were very old. It seems like they gathered some bunch of things from garbage. There were no curtains in windows of the rooms in second floor. The room in the first floor had a door transparent so that the inside could be seen. WIFI did not work in any room although it was written as WIFI connection existed. Absolutely I do not recommend anyone to stay in there.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Nice place however there was no atmosphere.

• 21st Nov 2014

As you pull up to the hostel, you will notice how it is this really cute old Victorian style house. The staff welcome you at the front door and make checking-in easy. Our room was cute and it had our own bathroom. There was one other person in the room and she was really nice. My only complaint about our stay is that the water for a shower just didn't get warm enough so I skipped a shower that day. Would recommend to others. l

• 7th Nov 2014

I called ahead, made the reservation online specifying my arrival time, and acknowledged the "24/7" front desk advertisement on their website to be stranded at 2:00am. When I called the number for help no one answered. The fifth attempt resulted in the owner calling me back, cursing at me, and then making it my fault he never read my email or recognized my reservation. I had the receipt and was able to read him the confirmation code. He was rude and hurtful and left me stranded.

Overall a good experience. Location is nice--close to downtown and near some restaurants and shopping. The staff was friendly--when I was cold they gave a extra blankets and one even drove me to a meeting I had when I was running late. I recommend staying here!

• 6th Nov 2014

The temperatures inside the room i had were frigid. I felt drafts coming through the windows, and I didn't feel any air moving through the room, which told me there wasn't any warm air being fed in. I didn't receive any pillowcases, and therefore had to use my hoodie because I wasn't going to sleep on an uncovered pillow. I also had my entire name changed and I like to have that used, although all I have is the paper from the dmv. He didn't open it, so I'm sure my actual name wasn't used.

• 28th Oct 2014

Perfect for students who want to spend a weekend in Minneapolis. But not superclean ; and not very warm either. The room was actually pretty cold.

• 11th Oct 2014

The bathrooms were filthy. I hoped someone would clean them the next day but I returned to see the same dirty ring around the tub the second night. I refused to shower in it because it was also clogged with hair so it wasn't draining properly. I would have had to stand in the dirt and germs of four other people. No toilet paper either. I know it's cheap but management could take better care of the building. I went to a hotel. I'd rather pay $10-20 more for a cleaner experience.

• 3rd Oct 2014

It's in an interesting old, mansion that needs cleaning and both major and minor renovations. It could be a lovely hostel, but needs lots of work! The living room/parlor shown on the website and flyer is now a dorm room, so the combined kitchen and dining area is the only space for social interaction. There are no lockers for storage and security. There are no towel racks or hooks and no bath mats. Some dorm rooms lock, others do not. My room was clean. Bedding and linens were OK.

• 13th Sep 2014