Minneapolis International Hostel Reviews

2400 Stevens Avenue South, Minneapolis, USA

the building was very old. Also the beds and linens all of the things were very old. It seems like they gathered some bunch of things from garbage. There were no curtains in windows of the rooms in second floor. The room in the first floor had a door transparent so that the inside could be seen. WIFI did not work in any room although it was written as WIFI connection existed. Absolutely I do not recommend anyone to stay in there.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Nice place however there was no atmosphere.

• 21st Nov 2014

As you pull up to the hostel, you will notice how it is this really cute old Victorian style house. The staff welcome you at the front door and make checking-in easy. Our room was cute and it had our own bathroom. There was one other person in the room and she was really nice. My only complaint about our stay is that the water for a shower just didn't get warm enough so I skipped a shower that day. Would recommend to others. l

• 7th Nov 2014

I called ahead, made the reservation online specifying my arrival time, and acknowledged the "24/7" front desk advertisement on their website to be stranded at 2:00am. When I called the number for help no one answered. The fifth attempt resulted in the owner calling me back, cursing at me, and then making it my fault he never read my email or recognized my reservation. I had the receipt and was able to read him the confirmation code. He was rude and hurtful and left me stranded.

Overall a good experience. Location is nice--close to downtown and near some restaurants and shopping. The staff was friendly--when I was cold they gave a extra blankets and one even drove me to a meeting I had when I was running late. I recommend staying here!

• 6th Nov 2014

The temperatures inside the room i had were frigid. I felt drafts coming through the windows, and I didn't feel any air moving through the room, which told me there wasn't any warm air being fed in. I didn't receive any pillowcases, and therefore had to use my hoodie because I wasn't going to sleep on an uncovered pillow. I also had my entire name changed and I like to have that used, although all I have is the paper from the dmv. He didn't open it, so I'm sure my actual name wasn't used.

• 28th Oct 2014

Perfect for students who want to spend a weekend in Minneapolis. But not superclean ; and not very warm either. The room was actually pretty cold.

• 11th Oct 2014

The bathrooms were filthy. I hoped someone would clean them the next day but I returned to see the same dirty ring around the tub the second night. I refused to shower in it because it was also clogged with hair so it wasn't draining properly. I would have had to stand in the dirt and germs of four other people. No toilet paper either. I know it's cheap but management could take better care of the building. I went to a hotel. I'd rather pay $10-20 more for a cleaner experience.

• 3rd Oct 2014

It's in an interesting old, mansion that needs cleaning and both major and minor renovations. It could be a lovely hostel, but needs lots of work! The living room/parlor shown on the website and flyer is now a dorm room, so the combined kitchen and dining area is the only space for social interaction. There are no lockers for storage and security. There are no towel racks or hooks and no bath mats. Some dorm rooms lock, others do not. My room was clean. Bedding and linens were OK.

• 13th Sep 2014

This hostel was most definitely not the picturesque Victorian Home we were expecting. Also, we did not see our room before paying (and all payments are nonrefundable) or we would have run in the other direction. We were handed a stack of mismatched sheets to make our own bed, a yellowed pillow, and two tattered towels. We quickly went to target to purchase towels and bedding. One full bathroom for the whole house and it was filthy throughout the stay. I would never stay here again.

• 5th Sep 2014

This is good lodging - I won't hesitate to stay here again, should the occasion arise.

Great staff, and overall really great facilities. It's an oder building, so access to power outlets was a bit challenging for the group dorm rooms (2 sockets, 6 beds). Location is great - right in between Uptown and Downtown, close to a bike Minneapolis location, and is close to the natural sights you might want to see. Would be nice to see in room lockers (for security). Definitely one of the better U.S. hostels.

Minneapolis International Hostel is one of the nice places I have ever seen. The staff and owner are very friendly and you can feel you secure in there. I strongly suggest that you stay in there when you visit to Minnesota.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Huge argument taking place at the front door as I arrive. I was then taken to the dorm room which was the upper floor with 14 beds in it. $20 was stolen from my wallet immediately as I took my first shower. Nothing available for breakfast at all, free coffee never full. One bathroom and shower for 14 beds. Workmen were doing various things outside the door and in the room all day. About a miles walk from downtown or uptown. Premium prices, miserable result, shame it's the only option in Mpls

I checked in but did not stay or ask for a refund. It was a warm and humid day. I was told the air conditioning was on but the room I was assigned to was warm and humid. there was no fan or ability to open the windows to cool off the room. There was a door to a outdoor deck but that was locked. the windows had a configuration on them that would not allow them to open. the photos on the web site gave an image of an up scale bed and breakfast however while the building is historic continued

• 30th Aug 2014

Located in beautiful old house. Very pleasant stay.

Bathroom dirty. Kitchen poorly provisioned (no coffee cups, eating utensils) and refrigerators needed cleaning. The private double with shared bath was not worth the 100 plus charge. Linens and pillows old and tattered and furniture in room old and soiled . The building has great potential . Upkeep of the yard would make it look more habitable. Cleanliness in the kitchen and bathrooms needs to be addressed. Staff pleasant and location and public transportation good.

• 18th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it as a great base to explore Minneapolis. Nice staff and the other guests were what you would hope for as a travelers.

• 17th Aug 2014

I loved my stay at the hostel, I got to meet some really interesting people from all over the world! Were I to go back to the twin cities for another short trip, I would definitely stay there again! Now, that being said: The kitchen was not clean, at all. I saw one of the guests cleaning up the kitchen, it got that bad. The password to the house wasn't changed often, so people who lived in the hostel a few weeks ago still had access. All in all, great place, but many points to improve on.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • India

Location is a neat residential neighborhood across the way from the Institute of Arts. Booking was a breeze and check-in was easy and got all the necessary info from staff. The old building has character, but could use some TLC. A definite dinge about the place. Value for the money is pretty low from the female dorm perspective - pricier than a stay in a downtown Manhattan hostel with really poor bathroom facilities. Broken, littered with past guests' junk and lacking a full shower curtain.