Minneapolis International Hostel Reviews

2400 Stevens Avenue South, Minneapolis, USA

Not allowed AC till evening, it was hot and muggy and quite unbearable in the attic dorm until the AC was turned on. Were not given pillows nor blanket in the male dorm. Bathroom in the female dorm needed cleaned! Above average price for below average hospitality. Second time we have stayed here, will not be doing so again.

• 21st Jul 2014

The best part of this hostel is its Amazing staff, especially Brian who went out of his way to promote a friendly hostel environment. The building itself is large and old, given proper attention it could be great however there always seems to be at least one nonfunctional shower and some kind of never ending renovations that aren't really being worked on. The (very rude) hostel owner drops by and demands payment of guests, even if they've paid. I also witnessed him hit on single women guests o_O

• 19th Jul 2014

The building is old and in a bit of disrepair (the bathroom specifically) but that's to be expected with a hostel. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that the shower curtain in the women's bathroom was so short that water went everywhere and it kept sticking to me. Aside from that it was very clean, has a nice atmosphere, and the kitchen is very nice. It is within walking distance of plenty of places to eat and it was great being across the street from the museum.

This hostel's only saving grace is the impeccable staff! The staff is made up of live-in locals with welcoming personalities and knowledge of cheap fun activities. It's nice to just hang out in the house and learn about the place they call home. The house itself is a poorly kept mid-19th century gem that could use some sprucing up. I had a very strange interaction with a man who was apparently the owner of the house. He was condescending and clearly not familar with the hostel experience.

• 16th Jul 2014

The owner is a really horrible person. I met the owner on my last day, and oldish grey hair jewish guy. Why I know he is jewish? Because he insultet me for being German. He asked if I knew what things the Nazis did and if Germany would still be the same or if they changed something. He insultet me personallt for being a Nazi. I denied to talk to him. He was still running around the kitchen saying things like "I'm a Nazi and I'm proud". He insultet his staff in front of the guests as well.

Ideal for what I was looking for. Super friendly staff. Very convenient to public transportation and food. Downtown is an easy 20-30 minute walk.

• 2nd Jul 2014

This place has a real potential but improvements need to be done regarding the cleanliness, the decoration and the modulation.

1) The no refund policy is absurd. 2) I don't appreciate the shower curtain sticking to me from all directions 3) For the price I can stay at a cheap hotel. The downtown Chicago hostel is cheaper with much better facilities and is in a very expensive location. 4) There was no way to reasonably secure *anything*. There are lockers in the kitchen but they appear to charge $.50 every time they are opened. Unacceptable. 5) I was not given credit for the 12% of the reservation I paid up front.

• 18th Jun 2014

nice,hostel walikin distance to uptown and ran by a beautiful redhead

The atmosphere is more that horrible. After Reading some reviews I thought that staying for 1 night couldn't be that bad, and yes, it was.The lady working there during the evening wasn't allowed to do check ins, so you would have to wait until 10 am to check out or they will scan your credit card, This place smells super bad. the bathroom and rooms were stinky and dirty. I couldn't have a shower because it was super gross. 40$ for the worst hostel I have ever stayed in

I would recommend at least making a vacuum cleaner available to guests. I almost left as soon as I got there. It was a dirty and generally run down facility. I would not return.

• 11th Jun 2014

Staff are very irregular and not there most of the time to respond to queries.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • India

All of the information in the website and in the info wall are out of date. Also there were only a few tiny lockers available and my dorm was unlocked all the time. The staff lady was very helpful and nice though!

We pre booked and arrived to an empty hostel with no signage or clear entrance. It looked like we were at the wrong location Another lady was there too. Wondering how to get in?? We all thought it was very bizarre. We called the staff and were told they'd be there in ten minutes, and gave us the security code to enter an empty silent hostel. The staff eventually arrived and gave us our key - we went in, the beds weren't made and bathroom was very dirty with old soaps, dirty toilet etc

The bathroom light and an in the bathroom upstairs runs all the time. The institues of at across the street is not to be missed. It's free and rivals the museums in Chicago.

• 21st May 2014

There is a considerable gap between the pictures on your website and the actual house. I could not find staff when I discovered there was no linen on the bed. The room was badly in need of vacuuming when I arrived.

• 19th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay there. Wonderful and friendly atmosphere.

• 6th May 2014
  • India

An expensive hostel given the location and cleanliness. It would help to spruce up the outside a bit, or at least hang a sign letting people know it's the hostel.

• 2nd May 2014

Nice house, but prices have been raised so high that I doubt I will be staying there again. The present staff member is friendly enough, but it seems that both she and her family are constantly taking over the kitchen and living room area, often taking up the sofa as well. It would be nice if they could have their own, semi self contained quarters instead of being constantly present in the guest communal area, which makes people feel as though they are being watched all the time. Disappointing.

The bigger problem is that there is no chair or place tp put our clothes in the bathroom when we take a shower. Nice place I will recommend it, or I will go back. Doris Ouellet

• 16th Apr 2014