Minoo House Reviews

3 Mikszáth Kálmán tér, Budapest, Hungary

Completely atypical hostel which suited me 100% (no bunks, no ikea, no sterile feeling!) more like a big share house or a really clean squat. May not be for everybody, and don't expect a hotel environment or service, but if you want to meet good people, and stay in an awesome house in the center of Budapest, then you'll probably love it like I did.

• 21st May 2015
  • New Zealand

Well situated on a pleasant square and seems to attract good people, staff and guests. Room was comfortable (private) nothing fancy, but clean and colorful, like the whole hostel. Eclectically designed and decorated. It was a good stay.

• 20th May 2015
  • Denmark

Very nice style and atmosphere. Helpful staff and good location.

• 19th May 2015
  • Norway

Very good hostel and good location! Only thing was the wifi wouldn't work in my room.

Great Budapest base. Chill on the balcony if you're staying in, or take a short stroll to anywhere in the city.

• 12th May 2015

Awesome place!! Friendly and cool. We stayed in the 7 bed dormitory in a wooden treehouse style bed filled with mint plants and a couch made out of an old claw-footed bath. There is a very nice bar downstairs with lots of concerts and great coffee and food. The staff become your friends and are really good at pointing you in the right direction and answering your ten thousand questions! A highlight was the kitchen and delicious teas and try the outdoor shower!!

• 4th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Artistic laid-back atmosphere and really sweet staff who helped out with anything you needed. The rooms were really cosy, not too many people to one room and no bunk beds. I liked the handmade vibe although it may not suit everybody. It's situated really well, close to everything with lots of cafes nearby but not in the middle of Budapest's tourist district so you avoid the big pub crawl groups. All in all, I was really impressed and will be recommending it-thanks!

• 3rd May 2015

Perfect location in the center on a square with good places to eat and drink. So nice people and good to stay there. Feels like home you could stay and stay. Next time we come back you!!

• 3rd May 2015
  • Portugal

Very nicely decorated, no bunk beds, helpful staff, I liked it a lot.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

The atmosphere of the place seems great. The building looks cool and I'm sure it is a pleasant place to stay in the summer. The room I stayed was extremely cold during the day and specially at night. The Wifi wouldn't work on the first floor at all and the shower floor would flood easily and quickly. No lookers in the room though.

It is better to have a 24 hour staff in reception~

Good hostel that I think could be great. The owner and staff are very nice (they waited up for me as I arrived very late), but reception is only certain times of the day outside of the busy season. The people were friendly in my room, but there was little social atmosphere elsewhere in the hostel. There was no way I could lock my stuff up, that I could see. But the bed was comfortable and the location was great — Cafe Lumen next door is a wonderful perk, as are the eateries nearby.

The flea-market style appealed to me, but it might not suit everyone. A bit chilly, which makes me wonder about the colder months. Very nice and warm bedclothes, though. Neat and well equipped kitchen. Located on a pretty little square, with beer coffee and food.

Absolutely loved our stay at Minoo House. It's like being at home, with all the quirky features and creaky doors we like :D

I loved this hostel it was really something special. The people are helpful, fluent in English and go out of their way to make sure everything is rolling on just fine. The hostel itself is beautiful, made and created by the people there. Not an ordinary place, but if you want a cool experience I really recommend it.

• 24th Mar 2015

Sweet, pretty, friendly place to stay. Unique design and really nice atmosphere. I had a really nice time and would stay here again.

• 24th Mar 2015

It was a nice stay, the beds were comfortable, the design is unique and cool. It was quite empty when I was there so not a very social experience , but it was cozy and the location was great. The doors weren't properly locking and the locker was not very secure but otherwise no complaints. Would be good if they had a full time staff person around.

Very nice interior and sympathetic staffs.

• 21st Mar 2015

We could only give full marks for this hostel- easily the best atmosphere of any place we have stayed so far in the trip. Great location too, and helpful staff.

• 21st Mar 2015

As described it was was beautiful, artistic, welcoming and in a nice location. One or two things could be improved but overall it was a very comfortable stay.

• 20th Mar 2015