Minoo House Reviews

3 Mikszáth Kálmán tér, Budapest, Hungary

Very good hostel and good location! Only thing was the wifi wouldn't work in my room.

Awesome place!! Friendly and cool. We stayed in the 7 bed dormitory in a wooden treehouse style bed filled with mint plants and a couch made out of an old claw-footed bath. There is a very nice bar downstairs with lots of concerts and great coffee and food. The staff become your friends and are really good at pointing you in the right direction and answering your ten thousand questions! A highlight was the kitchen and delicious teas and try the outdoor shower!!

• 4th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Artistic laid-back atmosphere and really sweet staff who helped out with anything you needed. The rooms were really cosy, not too many people to one room and no bunk beds. I liked the handmade vibe although it may not suit everybody. It's situated really well, close to everything with lots of cafes nearby but not in the middle of Budapest's tourist district so you avoid the big pub crawl groups. All in all, I was really impressed and will be recommending it-thanks!

• 3rd May 2015

Perfect location in the center on a square with good places to eat and drink. So nice people and good to stay there. Feels like home you could stay and stay. Next time we come back you!!

• 3rd May 2015
  • Portugal

Very nicely decorated, no bunk beds, helpful staff, I liked it a lot.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

The atmosphere of the place seems great. The building looks cool and I'm sure it is a pleasant place to stay in the summer. The room I stayed was extremely cold during the day and specially at night. The Wifi wouldn't work on the first floor at all and the shower floor would flood easily and quickly. No lookers in the room though.

It is better to have a 24 hour staff in reception~

Good hostel that I think could be great. The owner and staff are very nice (they waited up for me as I arrived very late), but reception is only certain times of the day outside of the busy season. The people were friendly in my room, but there was little social atmosphere elsewhere in the hostel. There was no way I could lock my stuff up, that I could see. But the bed was comfortable and the location was great — Cafe Lumen next door is a wonderful perk, as are the eateries nearby.

The flea-market style appealed to me, but it might not suit everyone. A bit chilly, which makes me wonder about the colder months. Very nice and warm bedclothes, though. Neat and well equipped kitchen. Located on a pretty little square, with beer coffee and food.

Absolutely loved our stay at Minoo House. It's like being at home, with all the quirky features and creaky doors we like :D

I loved this hostel it was really something special. The people are helpful, fluent in English and go out of their way to make sure everything is rolling on just fine. The hostel itself is beautiful, made and created by the people there. Not an ordinary place, but if you want a cool experience I really recommend it.

• 24th Mar 2015

Sweet, pretty, friendly place to stay. Unique design and really nice atmosphere. I had a really nice time and would stay here again.

• 24th Mar 2015

It was a nice stay, the beds were comfortable, the design is unique and cool. It was quite empty when I was there so not a very social experience , but it was cozy and the location was great. The doors weren't properly locking and the locker was not very secure but otherwise no complaints. Would be good if they had a full time staff person around.

Very nice interior and sympathetic staffs.

• 21st Mar 2015

We could only give full marks for this hostel- easily the best atmosphere of any place we have stayed so far in the trip. Great location too, and helpful staff.

• 21st Mar 2015

As described it was was beautiful, artistic, welcoming and in a nice location. One or two things could be improved but overall it was a very comfortable stay.

• 20th Mar 2015

Very nice location on a pretty little square in the centre. Just go downstairs for one of the best espresso I tasted in Budapest during the whole week . The hostel was fine: old but artistically renovated and comfortable, clean, and charming. More like antique with an alternative edge. The staff were kind and very knowledgable about the city. If we return to Budapest we would happily stay again.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Hostel was nice, friendly staff and guests and enough space in the rooms and common areas for privacy. Although it was cleaned daily the bathroom floor was often wet.

• Denmark

Awesome looking place, really unique. Staff were really cool and helpful when you found them but they weren't around too much. Prime location in the centre of the city and a short walk away from everything. Attracted a good crowd. Best for independent travellers.

• New Zealand

The hostel had a wonderful atmosphere and was very beautiful from inside. The beds were comfortable and the main areas were all very clean. It has a nice big kitchen and a little balcony that overlooks a garden. It is walking distance to everywhere, right in the middle of the city on a nice square with good cafes and restaurants and shops. I enjoyed my stay and would happily recommend it!