Minoo House Reviews

3 Mikszáth Kálmán tér, Budapest, Hungary

I wouldn't normally review, but in this case I thought it was necessary. What a place. I don't think there is another like this in Budapest. First, the building is very very beautiful on Mikszath Square which is is great place- close to the river but far enough away to still be in the cool part of town. The hostel was renovated and is run by really sweet, young and down to earth people. They do it green- its full of plants and know whats going on in the city so they give great advice. I loved it

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

Good place I enjoyed it a lot. Relaxed and calm. Thanks.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Scotland

I was genuinely surprised to see such negative feedback of this charming, welcoming little backpackers. My husband and I traveled to Budapest for a weekend, and opted to stay here in a private room which was divine, clean, and private. We are in our mid-thirties and were a bit nervous that it would be full of drunken teenagers but it wasn't at all, and when things got a bit rowdy outside our room the staff scam up and quietened it down again. They gave us excellent advice on where to go in the c

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Wales

We absolutely loved this hostel. We stayed in the first week after they re-opened. The people told us they had closed for a month to do some fix-ups. It does seem like the house would require constant fixer-uppers, because its really old, but it looks awesome and with a really cool vibe. The place in the city where it is is great also, next to lots of cool bars and cafes. I'd definitely stay there again.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Most homely, original hostel I've stayed in during the last few years. Thanks to all the staff, especially, who went out of their way to make sure we were well looked after and knew all the things going on during our stay. I couldn't have asked for a better place, we were glad we went with it.

• 26th Mar 2014

They made a mistake with my booking and then booked me at a different hostel (that I did not enjoy), thus did not stay at this hostel. Made my stay in Budapest much less enjoyable.

I liked the atmosphere. Clean, warm, friendly people. Good kitchen.

• 5th Dec 2013

Minoo House is a bohemian and effortlessly cool place to stay while in Budapest. It wont suit people who like their hostels to look like an ikea catalogue,but for creative types its perfect. That being said, it was spotless, secure, warm (in december), excellently located and the staff were attentive. I admired their goal to keep it as ecologically friendly as possible. It was a pleasure to stay there.

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Hungary

Fantastic atmosphere, beautiful period house flanked on one side by a charming square and on the other by a gorgeous private courtyard. It was minutes from the river and in the center. Inside everything was perfect from the music to the design (in the dorms the beds are built like in a tree house) to the wafts of free hot wine for the guests coming from the kitchen. Perfectly romantic backdrop for christmas time in Budapest.

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Cool, arty place built and staffed by cool, arty people who made everything inside and turned an abandoned place into a funky, homey and comfortable guesthouse. It was good to spend time there. Wouldnt normally review but made an exception this time. Keep up the good work :) V.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Croatia

A very creative, inspired and inspiring place staffed by extremely smiley and smiling people. I loved to be there and stayed longer than I had booked. Everything was great. I highly recommend it.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Israel

Cool, quirky place...I liked the vibe! Lockers that fit large items would be helpful, location isn't in the heart of things but not far to walk. Shower is kind of gross, bathroom floor always wet

The staff were very friendly. It's just a shame the hostel is a little bit run down. We ordered a 5-bed 'deluxe' dorm, and got a six-bed. The toilet facilities were pretty rubbish unfortunately, and lacked a bit of privacy. The showers had no locks and were pretty open, which bothered some of us. The main doors to the hostel had key codes, but when we came back at night we were able to walk straight in, and the staff were often absent. And the kitchen facilities were quite dirty.

• 1st Nov 2013

We booked a "deluxe double bedroom", I don't recommend it at all, it's very small, not very safe and not clean (especially the downstairs bathroom). However, the common room is nice, the deco is original, and the dormitory seems nice.

This is more like a 60's crash pad or a squat than a hostel; of course they were free. The list of facilities is a serious misrepresentation. I tried to list the falsehoods but ran out of characters allowed for the review. The area does have some good restaurants and cafes as well as some pretty dodgy characters, beggars [who all know the English word "homeless"], at least one [attempted] pickpocket, and guys pissing in public even during the day. For the money you can do a lot better.

I loved this hostel. The atmosphere was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. However, there were some issues with the kitchen and with breakfast. Overall though a really pleasant experience, and a great value!

Hostel was fine. It was clean and in a good location. Just not much of a common room or anything where it's easy to socialise. The staff were never there either when u needed help they were always next door having coffee or something and were never around. We even wanted to pay early cause we were leaving early the next morning and it took 3 attempts at finding them and just gave up.

It very much depends on what you want from your hostel. If you want a room that can be locked, curtains, floor tiles, a good working fridge and light, airy corridor, choose somewhere else. But if you are an adventurous person who like home made, original things, reggae, rastafaria, having a shower under the sky and smoke on a balcony with colourful flags and sitting on a coffee bag, stay there and be sure to wear some flowers in your hair! :-)

It was like staying in someones garage. I didn,t see the charm- Breakfast was just a rumor. The bathrooms were like a train station and difficult to use.

The people who treat you are never there, they are at some coffee shop next door, if you need something you have to go look for them

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Mexico

Sorry but we also need to have some fun:))))