Minoo House Reviews

3 Mikszáth Kálmán tér, Budapest, Hungary

Good location, within walking distance of everything. Enjoyed the stay.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Everything was pretty much OK except of temperature - it's an old building and it was veery cold all the time....

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Poland

Like thethe name says, its not a hostelhostel, its a house. If you want a place to stay for the night, then this is the place. If you want to hear some amazong stories and make some great friendsfriends, then this is definitely the right place. The people there make it feel like a home - both the staff and the travelers. Good vibes, and chill timestimes. What more can you ask for such an amazing place.

Loved the place! Friendly staff, good facilities and a great layout to the bedrooms. It had such a cosy ambience to it that you couldn't help feel like you were where you meant to be on your travels. Couldn't recommend it more and I'll be going back there as soon as I hit Budapest.

I've stayed in many hostels and Minoo House is my favourite. If you're looking for a relaxed, chilled out environment then I can't recommend this place high enough. It's definitely not your regular commercialised hostel, which is why it's so good. I only just left there yesterday after staying for over a week, and I already miss it.

It is a very good hostel! Its clean and so nice to have a real bed instead of shacky bunkbeds.

Minoo House is a hipster's paradise! It's very eclectic and is a nice change of pace from bunk beds and boring layouts. I felt right at home at Minoo House -- it's in a really cool location, lots of cafes and bars in the same courtyard (meaning it stays loud rather late into the night). It's not super close to touristy stuff, but if you don't mind a little urban hike or taking public transport, it's great. Definitely would stay here again!

• 10th Nov 2015

the guy there and his friends have done a great handmade work. Its imporetant to tell them what time you will arrive because otherwise its really possible that you will not find anybody there. Very centrally point, very cheap and in small distance 24h super market and restaurants.The most imporatnt for me was the atmosphere:really nice things inside, great decoration, great culture

• 8th Nov 2015
  • Greece

This hostel was dirty & smelt bad . There was no one to meet us when we arrived & we were let in by a guest . The showers were next to the kitchen & were dirty . The women who did show us around worked in the cafe opposite & appeared very embarrassed . There were electrics hanging off the wall , as was the heater & the room was freezing . Last of all , the bed appeared to have been just slept in by someone else & the bedding was all screwed up in the middle of the bed . Awful!

• 7th Nov 2015

We didn't see the staff very offen. But is wasn't a problem. Your Hostel is a really nice place. We have had a good time.

• 5th Nov 2015

Shower pretty dirty. Wifi not amazing. Good location, friendly staff, nice beds.

Love the house! I like the location too. It's quiet and in a more residential area, but still close to the city center with much to do right when you step out the door! Tons of cute shops and bars around the hostel.

• 28th Oct 2015

Friendly, human approach from the staff, very cosy room, "made with love" place with its personal atmosphere, perfectly located in the city - well, I had a feeling of home for all 5 days of staying there. Thank you!

Lovely lovely hostel! Fab location in great little square packed with yummy cafes, bars and restaurants. We stayed in October so there were very few other guests in the hostel with us, but we realised it might not be as sociable at this time of year, and it meant showers, toilets and kitchen facilities were always free! Loved the quirky vibe and the funky decor - would definitely stay again! Thanks Minoo!

• 18th Oct 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Its a nice hostel, different, couzy and with a very good atmosphere. I had a great time here. The showers could be better organized and more clean I think. Other than that, its great and original.

My room was messed up so I was moved to a very nice apartment but an Inconvenience when u are tired. All around good

Definitely value for money in a good area but we were kept up by some of the other guests staying up late (3/4 o'clock) making a lot of noise which carries through the whole building. Beware the loud hipster. Also security is pretty much non existent and I wouldn't want to leave anything of value in the rooms

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at so far. Huge kitchen, beautifully decorated rooms, awesome location, friendly staff... Nothing to complain about!

The hostel was clean enough, but many parts of it were much more run down than expected. There was very little in terms of common area. There was an outdoor bar area, but very few of the guests spent any time there. The wifi only seemed to work in a small hall area outside of the rooms and not in the rooms themselves. Overall, I was disappointed that the hostel was pretty dead and boring most of the time. It wasn't a fun place to meet people as previous reviews had suggested.

The hostel was great. The only recommendation for them is to improve the WiFi signal for the whole location, otherwise, great place.

• 26th Sep 2015