Minoo House Reviews

3 Mikszáth Kálmán tér, Budapest, Hungary

Minoo House is incredible. By far the coolest hostel I have ever stayed in.There is an amazing laid back vibe and the location is great with quirky cafés and bars right under the hostel. The decor of the hostel is really thought out and has amazing nice touches everywhere whether it be insence or one of a kind furniture etc. The staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful and as soon as we arrived we were given a map then showed where to explore. I highly reccomend this hostel.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Finland

It was my fist time in budapest, and i like so mutch. In the hostel i meet with a lot of good people and we made the best dinner forever. The dormitori was really cool, the design i like so mutch. Thank you for Mino again:)

• 27th Jun 2015

This hostel was very good ! It's a small a charming hostel located at 15 min by walk from the downtown (and there is a metro station a 2 min) , the atmosphere was calm and peacefull. i paid 66 € for 6 nights in a 5 beds room so that's pretty cheap ! There is a nice bar just down the hotsel wich is very nice too :) I recommend this hostel ! one of the best I've tested :)

Little grimy but so much character it was worth it. You won't forget your stay here and for s hostel it is a good price and so quirky.

• 19th Jun 2015

Stayed here with a few friends for nearly a week, and can only say good things about it. We booked two double privates: my girlfriend and I stayed one which was really spacious, had its own balcony and looked onto the garden. Slight noise warning if you are a light sleeper, clinking glasses were audible until about 2am on the Saturday. Our friends stayed another twin, which was much more spartan, but 'cheap and cheerful'. Everything was clean, but lived-in, and home-like. Staff were great. 10/10

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Luxembourg

Probably the most ambient place I've ever stayed in. You really feel comfortable and welcome. The kitchen was big and well equipped and was a default meeting place for guests. It is not your stock standard hostel, for example it lacks a typical 'common area' but the whole hostel had a friendly vibe and people gathered around the balcony, the kitchen and the old viewing gallery, which was nice. I really liked it, and would recommend it.

• 17th Jun 2015

Feels like home. Clean and expressive hostel very good for young travelers.

• 16th Jun 2015

really loved my stay! awesome location and atmosphere, nice beds, great price. for me - personally - the only 2 downsides were the lack of lockers and the lack of a holder for the shower head also the Wi-Fi didn't work that well which made it a bit cumbersome to plan our days and book our bus back home (same goes for the internet on the iMac) thanks for the stay, great stuff!

• 8th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Beautiful old house with a magical atmosphere. Staff are kind and funny and help with everything.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Japan

A very comfortable and homely atmosphere greets you when you first arrive through the door. The staff are very good. We had some problems a few days before our reservation and they communicated with us over facebook and really helped us out even before we arrived. Young people are running it, organising it, building it (always doing something) so while its not as smooth as a hotel or other hostels, everybody obviously cares a lot about the place and the guests. We had a nice stay.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Croatia

Lovely hostel, pleasant and very cool decor! Would stay again.

Great location, within 10-15 minute from central area but also surrounded by cafes/restaurants etc. Really homely and communal atmosphere and nicely furnished. We weren't expecting to cook, but the kitchen facilities were so good so we ended up making dinner at the hostel- good for saving money. Staff very helpful giving us some info about good places to go out, events that were happening as well as some of the tourist attractions that were and weren't worth a visit.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, for sure! So beautiful and welcoming.

• 26th May 2015

Loved it here, quirky and bohemian. Helpful, young staff, who were very accommodating. Fantastic location, good prices.

• 26th May 2015

Minoo is in the middle of Budapest, and flanked by an art-sy quarter, good markets, and nice places to eat and drink. The design is superb, and even though the house is a little dilapidated, it has an amazing atmosphere. The staff were really knowledgeable about the city (which is obviously great if its your first time in Budapest!) especially about underground and little-heard music and art. My experience was made by your suggestions, so thanks!

• 26th May 2015

It is too expensive for what they offer, in Budapest. My main problem was the noise. We got a room next to the kitchen and people talked there until very late. (No silence code) We were changed to another room but this time the bed of my companion had some sort of insect that bite him all over his body. We were attracted by the photos to a sort of shabby-chick-bohemian style but it is uncomfortable and somber. Staff was uninterested in their job and couldn't care less about anything.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Very good option. Clean, relaxed atmosphere, very creative and good staff. Recommended.

• 21st May 2015
  • Belgium

Completely atypical hostel which suited me 100% (no bunks, no ikea, no sterile feeling!) more like a big share house or a really clean squat. May not be for everybody, and don't expect a hotel environment or service, but if you want to meet good people, and stay in an awesome house in the center of Budapest, then you'll probably love it like I did.

• 21st May 2015
  • New Zealand

Well situated on a pleasant square and seems to attract good people, staff and guests. Room was comfortable (private) nothing fancy, but clean and colorful, like the whole hostel. Eclectically designed and decorated. It was a good stay.

• 20th May 2015
  • Denmark

Very nice style and atmosphere. Helpful staff and good location.

• 19th May 2015