Minoo House Reviews

3 Mikszáth Kálmán tér, Budapest, Hungary

A really beautiful building, nicely decorated and good atmosphere. It's in a good location too, we mostly walked around the city and found it to be close to everything. We stayed in a private room and it was really cool, nice furniture, mezzanine bed and a little balcony. There's a bar in the courtyard but it doesn't go on really late and didn't disturb us. If I get back to Budapest I will stay here again for sure.

This is a really quirky hostel and has been transformed into a great little hostel! Our room was cool with 2 beds up on a little mezzinine level and no bunk beds. Rooms weren't locked but we each had a large locker for all our things. Laundry service was good and I borrowed a drying rack to help air the rest of my damp clothes from the rain. Kate was amazing, she gave us so much information about the area including history, what to do and where to eat. Would recommend.

Moved here from a different hostel and I was so much happier here. My bed was amazingly comfortable and the sheets were super soft. Good and fast wifi, a great, fun atmosphere in the whole hostel from the decor inside (I especially liked the bathtub sofa). The staff were really helpful whenever I had a question and I just loved this hostel in general !

The staff is excellent. There was an issue with my room and they made sure that I was happy. Customer service is very good here. The staff recommendations for food and fun and nightlife were also quite good. Atmosphere was nice. The clientele had a young professional vibe and was mostly people over 25. Bed was comfy. I had a great time here.

LOVE LOVE LOVE From the serpentine architecture, Bohemian vibe and easy-going attitude, this place is very special. DO NOT HESITATE. I sat down with Kate for my check in around 8:30 PM, and instead we just chatted for well over an hour about a million things. So much so that we skipped paying for my stay altogether (which I took care of the next day :) She has the absolute best pointers to give about the city, and she makes them completely personalized A really friendly place, great

My first stay in a hostel and I am so pleased. Great atmosphere and the vintage interior really adds to it!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

I really liked this hostel. It was in a neat area and felt really cozy. There s a great cafe next door and a good bar downstairs. The rooms are really funky and the beds are super comfy. The only thing I would say is that it was almost too chilled out for me but that s perfect for some people. I still really enjoyed my stay though and would go back again.

Very original decoration and nice cozy atmosphere of those smaller hostels. Located in a lovely neighborhood 10-15 min away by foot from downtown, perfect to enjoy delicious meals at incredible prices a few minutes away from the hostel. Only things that could be annoying : the wifi connection was terrible and from the room downstairs the street can be loud because of the nice and lively cafés.

Enjoyable place to stay, had a lovely 3 nights in this hostel and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly! Would recommend 100%

I am pretty picky when it comes to accommodation but this place is out of this world amazing. The overall atmosphere is brilliant if you're wanting somewhere to just chill after a day of exploring. I'm not a big party person and usually that is all you have in a hostel but not Minoo House, it's perfect. There is no other like it and I will definitely be back again. THANK YOU!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Very quirky place to stay. Lots of abstract decor and furniture. Very chilled out sociable vibe and the staff were helpful. Takes about 20 minutes to walk into the centre which is the only annoying thing. Otherwise a very good place to stay with opportunities to meet cool likeminded people!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Amazing, can't fault it. Seriously...it's like a cosy home with a great atmosphere! I would recommend this place to anyone.

If you're looking for something a bit different then this hostel is perfect. We slept in a five bed dorm that had no bunkbeds which was a novelty! When we arrived the lady on the desk gave us so much information about Budapest and drew things on maps for us. They'll also do your washing for you for €5 which saves you having to do it yourself! Such a friendly atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!

We liked the original decoration and very cool staffs but were looking for a party atmosphere during the festival. This hostel is suited to a quieter traveler.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Recommend this place in Budapest for any kind of stay, long or short. Staff were so nice and told all about the music and other artistic possibilities. Interesting architecture and excellent location.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Minoo House was the first hostel my friend and I had ever stayed at. While we were both nervous at first, it turned out to be one of the absolute highlights of our trip. We were able to meet people from all over the world and the hostel itself was absolutely lovely. There's no AC so it was hot, but overall I would recommend Minoo Hostel to anyone visiting Budapest and if I ever have the chance to return, it'll be the first place on my list!!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Had real character and a really communal atmosphere. Felt really safe and would've stayed longer if I could!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Passed a nice time here and met many interesting people. It is a good choice for Budapest with young informed staff who build the place and care about the guests. Colorful and filled with art and full of life. Atmosphere is excellent and location is good too with lots of cafes restaurants and small stores walking distance to the main sites and the touristic center.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

Really enjoyed our stay here. Hostel was really cool and rustic and the staff and guests were really nice. Highly recommend!

Incredible place really one of a kind. Perfect for true travelers who want to see another side of Budapest. Loved the rooms and the kitchen and the design in general, everything made from bits and pieces (like skis or recycled iron). It was an experience to stay here, I'll for sure be sending good people your way!

• 20th Jul 2015