Minoo House Reviews

3 Mikszáth Kálmán tér, Budapest, Hungary

The atmosphere of the place seems great. The building looks cool and I'm sure it is a pleasant place to stay in the summer. The room I stayed was extremely cold during the day and specially at night. The Wifi wouldn't work on the first floor at all and the shower floor would flood easily and quickly. No lookers in the room though.

It is better to have a 24 hour staff in reception~

Good hostel that I think could be great. The owner and staff are very nice (they waited up for me as I arrived very late), but reception is only certain times of the day outside of the busy season. The people were friendly in my room, but there was little social atmosphere elsewhere in the hostel. There was no way I could lock my stuff up, that I could see. But the bed was comfortable and the location was great — Cafe Lumen next door is a wonderful perk, as are the eateries nearby.

The flea-market style appealed to me, but it might not suit everyone. A bit chilly, which makes me wonder about the colder months. Very nice and warm bedclothes, though. Neat and well equipped kitchen. Located on a pretty little square, with beer coffee and food.

Absolutely loved our stay at Minoo House. It's like being at home, with all the quirky features and creaky doors we like :D

It was a nice stay, the beds were comfortable, the design is unique and cool. It was quite empty when I was there so not a very social experience , but it was cozy and the location was great. The doors weren't properly locking and the locker was not very secure but otherwise no complaints. Would be good if they had a full time staff person around.

Very nice interior and sympathetic staffs.

• 21st Mar 2015

We could only give full marks for this hostel- easily the best atmosphere of any place we have stayed so far in the trip. Great location too, and helpful staff.

• 21st Mar 2015

As described it was was beautiful, artistic, welcoming and in a nice location. One or two things could be improved but overall it was a very comfortable stay.

• 20th Mar 2015

Very nice location on a pretty little square in the centre. Just go downstairs for one of the best espresso I tasted in Budapest during the whole week . The hostel was fine: old but artistically renovated and comfortable, clean, and charming. More like antique with an alternative edge. The staff were kind and very knowledgable about the city. If we return to Budapest we would happily stay again.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Hostel was nice, friendly staff and guests and enough space in the rooms and common areas for privacy. Although it was cleaned daily the bathroom floor was often wet.

• Denmark

Awesome looking place, really unique. Staff were really cool and helpful when you found them but they weren't around too much. Prime location in the centre of the city and a short walk away from everything. Attracted a good crowd. Best for independent travellers.

• New Zealand

The hostel had a wonderful atmosphere and was very beautiful from inside. The beds were comfortable and the main areas were all very clean. It has a nice big kitchen and a little balcony that overlooks a garden. It is walking distance to everywhere, right in the middle of the city on a nice square with good cafes and restaurants and shops. I enjoyed my stay and would happily recommend it!

• 8th Mar 2015

In the middle of Budapest, but there are no lockers, the facilities and the building are old and most of the time there is no one in reception

Minoo House was in a good location and very cheap. Unfortunately only parts of the house were heated and others were freezing! Bathrooms were clean enough, but staff could have been a little more present in the hostel. Still, a good value for the money.

Excellent.

• Scotland

Really really cool place. A bit cold in the corridor area! But the rooms were really warm. Most beautiful and atmospheric house I've ever been in. If I came back to Budapest again I would stay here for sure.

• 5th Feb 2015

The hostel was colourful and comfortable and the people who welcomed me were friendly. It was very quiet (the middle of winter) but I felt really at home there. Very creative and beautiful interior. I would stay again and I recommend it especially for independent travellers.

• 5th Feb 2015

Unbelievably good value and location! I would choose to stay again in a second!

Loved the design of Minoo House, it was beautiful. We only saw the staff when we checked in so felt a bit abandoned after that.