Minoo House Reviews

3 Mikszáth Kálmán tér, Budapest, Hungary

This hostel was...weird. The facilities were really interesting and beautiful- they did a really excellent job with all of the handmade items. Yet somehow, I didn't feel quite welcomed there. The staff were nice, but really lackadaisical about doing their jobs. One night I asked about laundry, and the guy told me it would be 3 euros and he would have it done by 10 AM the next day. GREAT! At 10 AM, I went and looked, and I found my dirty laundry still sitting in a bag by the kitchen.

I loved staying at the Minoo House! It's such an awesome relaxed environment. Friendly and helpfull staff, although it lacks a common lounge it is cozy and you really feel at home. Everyone is relaxed so it's easy to know other people. The rooms are amazing and it has an outside shower!!! :D I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's staying in Budapest and wants a different kind of hostel experience :)

August and so much young people to party... so loud and moisy place!! don't search for calm and restful room!!! impossible to sleep normaly... if you are in the room next to the kitchen/saloon... There is a bar with big terrace down the hostel very popular and noisy until 1 or 2h night !! Just because they recycled some garbages, they call Minoo a "cool" place ... it is not in fact!

Nice area althought is not the closest to the center, the style of the place is great and the atmosphere is awesome! To have a great time different to the rest of hostels you should come here!

What a COOL PLACE. 5 stars. Really. It had just the right amount of everything: younger and older people, people who were up for a night out and people who read their books in bed after 9, Friendly, laid-back staff who were GENUINELY helpful and interested in you but also who kept the place organised and tidy. It was busy and and full of other travelers but not TOO many people. And it looks incredible, you'll see if you GO THERE. You wont regret it!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Excellent place to stay in Budapest. Safe, friendly and very comfortable. The atmosphere was relaxing and I felt like I was at home from the first day (not usually the case in hostels!) Special place, good find. I will be recommending it!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Wales

The hostel is good value for money and is located next to a bustling courtyard with many busy bars nearby. It is noisy so don't expect to get too much sleep and the facilities are quite basic but everything was clean and the staff were really friendly. The wifi didn't work particularly well but this is a common theme in many hostels. Very interesting place.

The hostel info pre-before reads “We are NOT a party hostel”, but this is a clearly party hostel. If you have any intention of sleeping before 2am DO NOT book this hostel! fair, the info says “bar in courtyard", but the blaring music until 2am every night followed by drunks coming home at 5am ruined an otherwise nice stay. If you want a good sleep/wake up before 11am and sightsee, I strongly advise you to look elsewhere. However, sleep deprivation aside, this a fine place with nice staff!

• 31st Jul 2014

This one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great atmosphere, excellent facilities, top location and awesome outdoors cafe/bar courtyard area. Really social with a great community feeling. Strongly recommend!!

Best hostel ive ever stayed in, loved the old feel to the building and all the small details. Has a cafe/bar just downstairs although not part of the hostel, its very convenient and cheap. Would defiantly recommend and will be retuning this year! Particularly enjoyed the beautiful staff member 😝👌

• 30th Jul 2014

First time in Budapest, very friendly staff, lovely building, great location.

Very spacious rooms with a great bar in the square outside. Good location near to metro station, bars and restaurants. Would highly recommend.

Amazing relaxed atmosphere. Friendly staff and guests. Center courtyard is a great place to spend evenings. Extended 2 nights.

So artistic n cozy place. I love minoo house. Maybe i go again to budapest i will stay minoo house.

I absolutely loved Minoo House; it was every bit as beautiful as their pictures and promises, and really good value for money. The rooms were spacious and the facilities were clean and good. It had a really nice atmosphere and I felt more at home than in any other hostel before :) The only two things that made it slightly less awesome were very noisy roommates - but that's not the hostel's fault - and the fact that there was often nobody to be found at reception when I had questions.

• 26th Jul 2014

One of the prettiest hostels I stayed at during my three week trip through Europe. I slept in this huuuuge bed (two person mattres) that the staff made themselves and took a shower in their open-air shower. Not the friendliest staff on the planet, but the atmosphere was great. If you're looking for the common area, look for the kitchen (or find your hostel mates in the café below).

Minoo was everything I hoped for and more. Great location, close to everything, staff became my friends and it was a home for me while i met the best people. Highly recommend to anyone travelling by them selfs or in groups. Ily minoo

• 24th Jul 2014

My only recommandations would be more hooks to hang your towels and more reading lights in the rooms. Other than that i loved it!

The coolest hostel ever. Holographic jesus pictures with a buddha in front of it, handcarved eagle handrails, AN OPEN AIR SHOWER, it was just fantastic. Great atmosphere, so chilled out, fab balconies, a great bar downstairs, brilliant staff. Just the coolest hostel I've ever been in. By no means perfect or plush, but an experience. Would 100% recommend if you're looking for something different

Great hostel! I really loved that the hostel is made and runned by young people/artists. When we arrived, they told us all the nice spots in Budapest. The atmosphere is really nice and the hostel is a bit like the ruin pubs in Budapest: all weird stuff made into furniture. The location was perfect for us! Close to the old juwish neigbourhood, where all the famous ruin bars are and also close to the central market. We also loved the bar next to the hostel: cheap drinks and a nice atmosphere!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4